Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Girl That Knows What She Wants Review Me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nataly66687
Msg: 26
Girl That Knows What She Wants Review Me?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have to indicate that I am looking for marriage, because most guys of today don't believe or even go for marriage. So I have to put what I want. And I updated my profile's info AGAIN.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 27
Girl That Knows What She Wants Review Me?
Posted: 6/15/2016 6:47:05 PM
You're looking good in your photos! If you're the same one I remember who posted here a couple years ago, I say you look better now.

The smile photo (closeup, hair over one eye) seems best as a main. Many guys think the tooth gap is sexy. The anime outfit photo is more likely to appeal to a smaller pool of guys, mostly nerds.

Not having kids and not wanting them is low supply, high demand. Not drinking is great. Many guys are here because they're not into the bar scene.

I believe most people will skip the paragraph with a long list of likes. The two bottom paragraphs are better than earlier ones.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2016 5:09:29 AM
You must have updated your profile a bit since your first feedback.

I would not put the cosplay image as a main. It's good, but a close up of your face would be better for a thumbnail.

You can switch some negatives for positives. Instead of "not bisexual, not transgender" you can put "I'm a straight, old-fashioned woman" or something like that. Instead of listing "no drinking, smoking and drugs" twice you could say it once and add "and looking for the same".

First date "to be discussed" sounds complicated. If you are picky, say what you prefer, otherwise say "I'm open" or something to that extent. Otherwise it seems like a long negotiation to even meet you.

Overall it's not bad though. You make your points.
 nataly66687
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/28/2016 10:52:36 AM
I have updated my profile, more than once, since I created my new account, and I think this way, it suits me better.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/28/2016 8:06:32 PM
Mark_it_Up: I can honestly say that 99% of my mail it is OBVIOUS the guy didnt read my profile, he just sent me a lame "hi" cause he liked my pic. I can tell because not only did he NOT say a word on my massive profile, but because when I click his profile its OBVIOUS we are not in ANY way a match (I'm a flaming liberal, hes conservative, I'm an atheist, he's a religious nutter, I say no more kids, he wants some, I say I want long term, he's looking for casual, etc)

Honestly, those types are what ruins the female experience online because they inundate our boxes with a ton of messages we have to weed through and most of the time when I finish cleaning, I just log out cause Im too tired to write the quality guys left...
 halcyonskies
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/3/2016 5:12:16 PM
May I suggest a slightly different approach.
Keep it simple and leave soemthing to the imagination.

You have a lot of information in your profile and this is not giving you the results you want.

So my suggestion

1. Photos
Main one: Closeup with lovely smile,no glasses and hair.
Second that gorgeous one of you in your garden
Third the full body stand up shot in your Cosplay costume.
You look gorgeous in all of those. Keep it to 3 photos.
 halcyonskies
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/3/2016 5:24:40 PM
Your profile:

Try simplifying it to something like.

I am a creative and very geeky/nerdy, straight and an old fashioned girl who enjoys having fun without alcohol, drugs or cigarettes. Looking for you, a guy who takes relationships seriously and is ready to take things slow.

Hope you enjoy going to concerts, play (some) video games, attend conventions and do cosplay, because those activities are so much fun. Who knows we may be a perfect match and can tell the story at our wedding how we met.

You already say you do not want kids so no need to restate it.

Give it a try.
I will be interested in your results.

p.s. I love your big smile and bright colours suit you.

pps. Remove all filters other than within 75 miles and male.
There are already age filters.

ppps. Try sending out lots and lots of messages.
Keep your first message simple. One sentence.
Leave something to the imagination and allow discussion.

Forums_only
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/4/2016 3:52:42 PM
So you say you wanted to shorten your profile now?

You could repost that here instead of starting a second thread, so people can see what suggestions you've already been given.
 DavidB417
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2016 9:43:02 PM

ppps. Try sending out lots and lots of messages.
Keep your first message simple. One sentence.
Leave something to the imagination and allow discussion.

If you're going to message someone you should reference at least 3 things from their profile to show that you read it and gives them something to write back about. If you just send someone a short one sentence message. they will think that you cut and pasted the same thing to dozens of other people.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/6/2016 6:27:20 AM
Nataly,

Featuring yourself in a low quality costume is a big mistake.
It doesn't look cute. Don't you have something better?

Practically every sentence begins with "I" .
You mention concerts and video games in several different places.
Once is enough.

Just know, that I am loyal, faithful, trusting, won't cheat, always honest, respectful, there for you, and that you can always count on me, to be there to support, care, and love you.
Comes on way too strong and is pretty cliche. Say it a different way.
 Chromis1
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2016 6:55:21 AM

If you're going to message someone you should reference at least 3 things from their profile to show that you read it and gives them something to write back about. If you just send someone a short one sentence message. they will think that you cut and pasted the same thing to dozens of other people.

Agree that one should always avoid the cut and paste message. Disagree that one needs to reference at least three things from a profile; that could make for an overly long first message. A simple, single sentence can do the trick if it strikes the right chord. I got the ball rolling once with "Will you be with your grandchildren this Thanksgiving?"
 nataly66687
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:52:43 AM
Well I went and updated my profile again so go see it now, and tell me if it looks any better or maybe worse than it has ever looked before I guess. I don't know I just give up and going to leave it as is, because no matter what it looks like, YOU PEOPLE just don't approve of anything by the looks of it.
 flaneur001
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:56:28 AM
Natalie,

Good that you took out your website link. Why do you need a profile update if you are currently dating someone?
 selette_jade
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/22/2016 1:46:23 PM
I believe you do not have your correct height selected.

Consider a new style of eyeglasses, like round wire rims instead of plastic frame.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/23/2016 1:20:27 AM

YOU PEOPLE just don't approve of anything by the looks of it.

It doesn't matter whether "US PEOPLE" approve of or not. At the end of the day there are no prizes for getting "approval" from US PEOPLE. The only prize is successful, working profile that gets the results you desire.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/23/2016 9:47:03 AM
Just so you know, you look like a man in that photo you chose to be your only pic.

To be fair, since you claim to be completely honest, you need to include that you don't work and never will, won't learn to drive, that you expect your man to have a good job, car, and that he will pay for everything and support you forever.
In return, you will keep his house clean and order takeout.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/24/2016 5:51:44 AM
Hide your profile. In case anyone finds your hidden profile, change your about me to "I found someone" (how's that for shortening your profile!) Changed your headline to "I Found Someone".

Hiding is the best strategy when you find someone and are focusing on the one person. This benefits everyone: you, other girls, other guys. Other girls benefit because you won't show up in searches, so if you don't show up on a page of matches, one girl who would be pushed to the next page is now on the viewed page. Other guys benefit because they see more profiles who might actually be looking for someone.

Currently your about me sounds like you're actively soliciting contact.

Reducing your number of photos to one was a good move. Many people don't send a message if there's only one photo.

Removing the links was good. When you had the links, someone might find your videos and like they way you sound, smile, laugh, etc. Now there's no extra way for you to appeal to people.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Girl That Knows What She Wants Review Me?