Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it childish to block someone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 25
Is it childish to block someone?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
She contacted me and asked me.to pass the word that she's back with a new user name and will be participating once her three day probation period passes.

I'm not going to say who she blames because I've seen how those accusations and counter accusations can get very weird, very fast.
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish
Msg: 26
Is it childish to block someone?
Posted: 6/10/2016 5:03:12 AM

I'm not going to say who she blames because I've seen how those accusations and counter accusations can get very weird, very fast.

At least one person in here has been playing "innocent" all along & throwing people under the bus & manipulating or trying to.

Saved this since last fall...I am editing out any contact info...

Chrs_P_Bacn__ has been deleted
11/11/2015 332 PM
Report this message for inappropriate content

Hi there Jeannie,

I thought it was about time someone tell you the truth. The person that has been behind a lot of the drama you're going through is C_____s, aka bl_em__n.

The sad thing about it is she prides herself for being abrasive and blunt yet she has been posting crap such as how she felt you didn't deserve what was happening to you, BUT at the same time has been the ring leader in having you removed and rebooted constantly. I don't know about you, but I think even worse than being a trouble maker is someone who pretends to be your friend while stabbing you in the back.

The reason she claims she is doing this is because she claims you doxed her on facebook. Something about you getting information about her and/or her private pics and using them against you. Apparently she has had an axe to grind with you for a very long time but doesn't have the balls to publicly say it. Doesn't mind sticking a knife in your back though, does she. But I can tell you that she was soliciting a lot of us to vote to delete you off of pof. I know she personally emailed me and asked me to report you and was bragging about having all her friends doing the same thing. The kicker is this all happened about a week before that thread was even about you. If I had to guess I bet you she put someone up to it after she complained to all of us. I can also tell you that ever since she started asking me to vote to delete you she has been steadily doing it. Still is. Likely will always stab you in the back and report you.

Anyway I have some screenshots around here somewhere to back this all up if I need to.
Hopefully this will all ring true to you. Ch__s is a nasty piece of work. You almost have to feel sorry for her cause no matter how many times she gets removed she just can't get a life outside of POF. She is as ugly in the inside as she is out the outside.

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of have finally turned our backs on her. She's just been too wacko lately and a lot of us have had enough and have blocked her. She seems to be one of those bitter, old, bats that tries to make every one as miserable as she is.

Her facebook profile:
w_____9

Her email:
c______________m

Sh_sNotSoInnoc_nt
11/11/2015 409 PM

My profile got nuked so I'm sending this to you again. Hope it finds you:

Hi there Jeannie,

I thought it was about time someone tell you the truth. The person that has been behind a lot of the drama you're going through is C___e R___s, aka bl_emo_n.

The sad thing about it is she prides herself for being abrasive and blunt yet she has been posting crap such as how she felt you didn't deserve what was happening to you, BUT at the same time has been the ring leader in having you removed and rebooted constantly. I don't know about you, but I think even worse than being a trouble maker is someone who pretends to be your friend while stabbing you in the back.

The reason she claims she is doing this is because she claims you doxed her on facebook. Something about you getting information about her and/or her private pics and using them against her. Apparently she has had an axe to grind with you for a very long time but doesn't have the balls to publicly say it. Doesn't mind sticking a knife in your back though, does she. But I can tell you that she was soliciting a lot of us to vote to delete you off of pof. I know she personally emailed me and asked me to report you and was bragging about having all her friends doing the same thing. The kicker is this all happened about a week before that thread was even started about you. If I had to guess I bet you she put someone up to it after she complained to all of us. I can also tell you that ever since she started asking me to vote to delete you she has been steadily doing it. Still is. Likely will always stab you in the back and report you.

Anyway I have some screenshots around here somewhere to back this all up if I need to.

Hopefully this will all ring true to you. Ch__s is a nasty piece of work. You almost have to feel sorry for her cause no matter how many times she gets removed she just can't get a life outside of POF. She is as ugly in the inside as she is out the outside.

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of have finally turned our backs on her. She's just been too wacko lately and a lot of us have had enough and have blocked her. She seems to be one of those bitter, old, bats that tries to make every one as miserable as she is.

Her facebook profile:
/c___9

Her email:
c___m

BLonde^J^AngeL
11/11/2015 527 PM

TY who ever u r, but respectfully, I do not wish to engage in any gossip or rumors.

I have no issue being on POF or Youtube as my authentic self. Not to judge anyone who feels otherwise about themself.

Have a great day, week & weekend!

Sh_sNotSoInno_ent
11/11/2015 502 PM

Hey I totally respect that but I felt you should know the truth so you could protect yourself accordingly. Nothing worse than having a snake in your inner circle.

Have a great weekend yourself!

BLonde^J^AngeL
11/11/2015 527 PM

THANK U AGAIN WHOEVER U R
I AM HERE 4 INTELLECTUAL DISCOURSE, NOT MUCH ELSE.
I HAVE NOT EVEN DONE 1/2 OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF, THAT IS OK.

I FEEL SORRY 4 ANYONE WHO IS LONELY, BUT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO OURSELVES, WE ALL HAVE A CHOICE.

TY ONCE AGAIN & HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK & THANKSGIVING & HOLIDAY SEASON!

If people need to lie about their age, gender, who they are, etc. to post on a message board, fine. But to create all kinds of drama & even "dox themselves" "nuke themselves" then cry wolf, etc. have at it. I do not wish to participate w/ such people.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2016 6:36:45 PM
I think it's childish to block, ignore and diss each other here. Especially when we ignore the silent, passive aggressive, smarty pantsed cries for help from those dying for attention but too afraid to stand up and be counted.

It's just another sad soul seeking solace in the solar community on this third stone from our star called the Sun....
 vgotx
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/15/2016 6:14:31 AM
No, it is not. What is childish is the behavior of the person who is behaving so badly that you feel you need to block them. I block several people. I don't do it lightly, but when I have somebody who just keeps harassing me, then I use it. Many times when I have broken away from contact with somebody because it is obvious that we are not compatible in any way for whatever reason, and instead of just accepting that I don't want to meet them and moving on, that same person will start sending me hate messages. Life is too short to put up with that childishness, and I simply block them and move on.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2016 4:33:12 PM
It has not been my experience here to have any one be rude to me. I don't get mean messages. Most are just from normal guys that want some attention and if I have time I chat for awhile. I don't date here I just participate in the forums. I was attacked awhile back by three women on the forums. It was when I first came back here and started to post again. They all ganged up on me and said mean things to me for no reason other than they did not like my opinion.
I didn't retaliate but I wrote a good poem about them... let's just say I got some poetic justice

Clique
Posted: 11/9/2015 2:05:50 PM
It's not hard to see
What witches are in the clique
They're overweight and boring
and starving for some dyck

It's not hard to find
Trolls who talk about trolls
They stick out their behinds
and tuck in all their rolls

But the double chins get's them
Unless they hide it with their hand
Or some other gesture
To make themselves look thin

It's not hard to figure
That they don't get hard at all...
It doesn't matter how many head shots
You put up on your wall

And yes you are athletic
When the donut shop is closing
Better run to the door
Or at midnight you'll be jonesing.

The forums help for awhile
You can spew out your advice
Make a lot of horny men
Think you are so nice...

But if you were so smart and all
About men and how to date
Why have you been here so long
and your dried up like a grape?

Men don't contact you
And your sure it's not your fault
but your fading away
and there is nothing in the vault.

I bet you straddle on that bed post
Late at night alone
and wish that someone would call you
So you won't have to fark your phone

Just keep your sex on vibrate
Tell yourself the truth
Until you lay off Fudge Cake
No one is gonna wanna do you.

So take it out on others
Behind your little screen
But don't blame all the fine ladies
When your turning green

Look again in the mirror
and see your own train wreck
and feel sorry for your pitiful self
Cause you can't get a deck.
 dwmitch
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2016 11:07:01 PM

Maybe I am simply unclear of the reason and workings of that feature. Or is it just par for the course for a great many Forum participants? What exactly does it accomplish and are there folks that don't have any need for it for whatever reason? I worry that I might be missing something.

Do you mean block or ban? Neither one is childish in and of itself, though a forum ban can be issued for childish reasons (ex. the moderator doesn't like the (completely legal) views of the banned individual, the mod has an axe to grind, etc.)

Blocking, on the other hand, is between users. It's actually more mature than reporting someone and is a feature sorely needed on the forums (I don't see any options to block and I don't know if blocking someone's profile will carry over to the forums). Going to a mod to get someone banned (or at least reprimanded) when simply hitting the block button would ensure you never hear from them again is basically the same as running to the babysitter and saying "I don't like what Alan said to me so he shouldn't be allowed to talk to anyone."

That's actually my biggest problem with Facebook, their ban on "hate speech," and their absurdly liberal (as in loose, not ideologically) definition of hate speech. One of your friends doesn't like the fact that you call a ****** a ****** (don't bother trying to figure out what was censored. I just hit * several times) so instead of cutting them off, blocking them so they never have to see their "hate speech" again, they go to the staff and have the offender cut off from all of their friends.

Use of the block feature, when available, is the least childish route. The only time you should take someone to an administrator is if they find a way to bypass the block.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is it childish to block someone?