Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should the accused be named in rape charges and the accuser remain an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 25
Should the accused be named in rape charges and the accuser remain anonymous?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Maybe if some ppl had sex/made love reg basis they wouldn't be so edgy

I know I wouldn't. This should be covered by my medical plan.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 26
Should the accused be named in rape charges and the accuser remain anonymous?
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:55:36 PM
Unfortunately the insurance company would probably only pay for the cheapest option. Less Chippendale, more spotty faced teenager.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/9/2016 7:10:21 PM
^ Ew to both. My benefits will cover a freaking massage, but not even a meaningful conversation and a hug. I hate my life :(
 gcdeb
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2016 12:35:12 AM

and if, as many feminists say, rape is an act of control or violence,
Feminists say this? Pretty sure it's not just "the feminists" that say this. SMDH.
 427cammer
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2016 1:53:05 AM
deetristate:

Would revealing the name and the woman standing up help reduce the allegations of false charges?

I am torn, Just wondering what others think.

I agree with what some others have said in that there should be anonymity for both accuser and accused until a trial takes place... after the trial publish the names of the wrongdoers.

Memtoo:

Have you read what she says about the LGBT community? She is not the nicest person you will ever meet, but I attribute her attitude to an underlying seething anger at society. She actually reminds me a little of Clarence Thomas, a man devoid of empathetic or compassionate thoughts, but was hown through his confirmation hearings to be angry and bitter.

You're right... she does remind me of Clarence Thomas.

They're both black... they both have conservative views...

...isn't it annoying when some people are not grateful for everything we've done for them?.... uppity.
 memtoo
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/10/2016 7:47:31 AM
"isn't it annoying when some people are not grateful for everything we've done for them?.... uppity."

What does this have to do with being an open minded, non-judgmental, empathetic human being? Clarence Thomas was a sexual predator or at least harasser who has shown he has no empathy. He pulled up the ladder behind himself. Dee calls people of the LGBT community mentally ill. I have the right to judge the character of these people as I choose. You totally miss the point while you are so quick to jump on your high horse. Obviously not much of a thinking man are you?
 427cammer
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2016 9:29:02 AM

What does this have to do with being an open minded, non-judgmental, empathetic human being?

I'm guessing there are maybe 60 - 70 million people in your country who would consider themselves as conservatives... judging from recent election results only about five to ten percent of these conservative people are also black. I'm thinking it's more than coincidence that you chose to compare Dee to Clarence Thomas as opposed to a white conservative.

I've looked at your posting history and noticed that you like to point out when you perceive racism in others(so much for being non-judgmental). I just thought you might appreciate knowing when others may perceive you as being racist.
 memtoo
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/10/2016 9:40:16 AM
People can perceive what they want . I perceive you are not too smart but there is a rational basis for my perception. You perceive I am a racist. There is no rational basis for your perception. Let me take a wild guess though. You are a conservative, believe Obama a Muslim born in Kenya and believe global warming is a hoax. Am I close?
 memtoo
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/10/2016 10:27:17 AM
I do expect people who have been discriminated against, or who themselves have been rewarded by affirmative action programs to be more tolerant and less judgmental than white conservatives who, are generally, much more likely to be racists, and much more anti everybody who isn't them. So I expect many conservative and religious whites to be anti gay, because as the power structure, they are always trying to tell the rest of us how to live.

I do expect black people, having faced discrimination all of their lives, to be far more tolerant and less judgmental than white conservatives, but I generally have a very poor opinion of anyone who is anti gay and considers them mentally ill. I consider those people very ignorant and not nice people, just like I consider Thomas ignorant and not a nice person, just like I considered scalia not a nice person.

When people evidence these attitudes, like trump, it is a manifestation of poor character, putting themselves above everybody else.
 missrightright
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/10/2016 6:25:55 PM

I am torn, Just wondering what others think.

Not torn in the slightest. Victims of rape (women, men, or children) have the right to remain anonymous.

If voluntarily sleeping around is something of which many of you think a woman should be proud, and if, as many feminists say, rape is an act of control or violence, why should the victim feel ashamed?

You seem to suggest that:

A consenting adult should be ashamed of having consensual sex partner(s) and also ashamed of being raped?
OR
A consenting adult should be "proud" of having consensual sex partner(s) and also proud of being raped?

I don't follow your reasoning. At all.

BTW...I think you are misusing "proud" as an opposite of "ashamed". A person might reasonably be proud of accomplishments he/she has earned (good grades, awards, a promotion at work) , but having consensual sex isn't an achievement, or an accomplishment. It is simply an activity.

Perhaps the word "unashamed" would be a better choice.

However, a person might not want the private and hellish ordeal of being raped to be made public for reasons that have nothing to do with shame.
 427cammer
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2016 10:17:52 PM
Memtoo:

I do expect black people, having faced discrimination all of their lives, to be far more tolerant and less judgmental than white conservatives

Don't look now, but it is racist of you to place expectations like this onto someone based solely on their skin colour.

but I generally have a very poor opinion of anyone who is anti gay and considers them mentally ill.

I took a quick look at your profile and I see that (unless you're a liar) you're a 51 yr old male who says he's seeking a female.... so... not gay?

A few months ago I caught the last 15 minutes of the movie "Weird Science" playing on late night TV. The antagonists of the movie, one of whom was Robert Downey Jr, got their comeuppance at the end when the heroes made them look foolish in front of the whole school by calling them "fags".

^^^^ ...what I'm trying to say here is that if you were a straight male who was completely accepting of gays thirty years ago, you would have been maybe one in a hundred... maybe even rarer than that (there were some straight females who were more accepting.... I think these girls were the first to wear parachute pants).

Five years ago both President Obama and Hillary Clinton were opposed to gay marriage... two years after that there was a ground swell movement of people who wanted to see an old hillbilly duck call maker fired from his job because he expressed anti-gay views after being asked about it in an interview..... the world has gone mad.

So congratulations if you are anti-gay today... a further congratulations if you were anti-gay in 1985 (attaboy).... but most of the people (those who are old enough to shave) who are standing alongside you have changed their mind on thios subject... very likely in the last ten years. It's hypocritical for those people to instantly expect that all people should change their minds according to someone elses' timeframe.

^^^^I feel like I botched this....

Suck it.
 deetristate
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/10/2016 10:57:20 PM
427- Don't buy the characterizations of THEIR minds. They take what you say, form it into something that they have a standard response to and then use that.

I am no more anti-gay than one can be anti-anorexic or anti-OCD or anti-claustrophobic .
Behavioral therapy for all.

I am anti-adultery and anti-burglary , which are also chosen behaviors but based on something other than mental illness.

All the "world gone madness" and PCdom in the universe isn't going to change that.

Anyway, not the topic. They tend to lead one astray.
See, it happened to me! Ha!
I have enough statements about this topic for people to reinterpret and misstate,so I will stop there.

ON TOPIC- Maybe the solution IS to keep both of the names private and the record sealed until the trial is over or someone pleads guilty.
 memtoo
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/11/2016 7:09:26 AM
427, societies evolve and grow. Some people in those societies do not and remain ignorant. I have the right to judge a Thurgood Marshall of worth of far more respect than a Clarence Thomas and have the right to a believe that a black person, like Dee, should be more tolerant and less judgmental, and more evolved, than she portrays herself on this board.
 chinook1111
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/11/2016 8:53:02 AM
Lol baby.I suppose the treatments could be specifically tailored to each patient.Robots?

To answer the original question...no.
 _babblefish
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/11/2016 9:10:20 AM
accuser remain anonymous?

never, a letter the rapist's father posted just shows how far we still need to go to change rape culture

In the letter, he calls the rape "20 minutes of action" and says his son has suffered in the months following the sexual assault. He can tell because Brock doesn't eat steaks or pretzel chips like he used to.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should the accused be named in rape charges and the accuser remain anonymous?