Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 176
view profile
History
50 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attackPage 8 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Let it be known that I had absolutely nothing to do with UtterAmazement’s disappearance if it was not self-deletion. Not that I can prove it, but I don’t play that game. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was self-deletion considering the last thing he said before his profile disappeared was “I won't pick on you anymore. Pfft,” though it’s probably self-centered as Trump to assume I could drive someone from this site. Particularly with that low energy debate. At least I thought it was until he went “Full Muslim” over essentially nothing.

Despite his departure, I will respond to him in case he’s lurking:

“Sure did. In response to your ‘know what it sounds like to me’?”

How is “know what it sounds like to me” followed by “I have my own beliefs and only want to know about evidence that supports my beliefs and any other evidence to the contrary is worthless and any investigation that doesn’t focus only on what I believe is pointless” worthy of an f-bomb explosion? That IS what it “sounds like” to me. You could have simply pointed out that I was hearing wrong.

“You initiated the exchange, perpetuated it and I've responded to your posts and your posts alone pertaining to and alluding to me.”

I initiated exchanges with the majority of the people in this thread. You’re the only one that responded as if I’d slapped your baby and called your mother ugly. And *I* am being a bigot? Again, more than a half dozen people said the same thing to you on the gay shooter topic I said (some of them even before I said it!). Yet *I* am the only one that gets an f-bomb explosion. What’s the difference between me and the rest of them to you, I wonder. Which one of these is not like the other? If you don’t want to be stereotyped, it helps when your behavior isn’t stereotypical.
 kj521
Msg: 177
50 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack
Posted: 6/15/2016 3:35:30 PM
"Let it be known that I had absolutely nothing to do with UtterAmazement’s disappearance if it was not self-deletion."

Mr. Hawking....for the record....Mr. UtterAmazement did not self delete.
Just seems to be the nature of the forums these days.
 Red_Fish_Blonde_Fish
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/15/2016 3:37:56 PM

So we have now reached the "blame the wife" stage

If someone has info & they withhold it, doesn't that make them an accessory AFTER the fact?
 deetristate
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/15/2016 5:14:35 PM
If I have a small child for a man who can gun down more than 100 people, no, I am not.
(After the fact means something else).
I volunteered for rape crisis. Fear is a strong weapon.

Again, I guess people just need somebody's blood. She is easy to blame and around.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/15/2016 5:24:03 PM
I agree with you Dee, they pinning the tail on the donkey
Hawkings.. I might disagree with you about everything but I know you wouldn't report a User. You might talk them to death but not your style
People need to think twice ( myself included) before posting.
We will prolly never know why he did it... we'll say from Terrorist to nutbar...
Interesting he asked who was black
Not like a flu shot, can't give angry warped people a magic pill to make sure they don't harm others, I guess if you so mad you want to kill
Start with yourself first
The stories have made me cry. I saw a Mother of a victim, 2 days in and she was so destroyed if not for her voice I'd not known it was her
 aj17225
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/15/2016 6:18:24 PM
More evidence that this killer was definitely a radical terrorist. His hate for basically anyone was so high and so sickening. Sickening also that the wife knew more and more what was going to happen and did nothing. And the killer's facebook writings at the time of this all happening. More and more coming out every day.

Interesting to see posters being deleted kj and not by self deleting
 HawkingJr
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2016 6:44:17 AM
“Mr. Hawking....for the record....Mr. UtterAmazement did not self delete.”

Hmm...

“If someone has info & they withhold it, doesn't that make them an accessory AFTER the fact?”

Actually, it would make them an accessory BEFORE the fact in this case, since she made no attempt to cover up her husband’s crime (which obviously would be impossible). This is a highly complicated area of law, because not reporting someone’s intention to commit a felony is not necessarily a crime in-and-of-itself, unless the person in question was also involved in planning the crime (and not coerced into doing so), which arguably could be the case here since she “cased the joint” with him (or did she and him just hang out at Pulse one time on “date night,” hmm?). Apparently the evidence of her involvement is going to be presented to a grand jury, so it will be up to it to decide if she committed a crime. Regardless of what happens, I’m sure she’s going to be indicted by the American public. Heck, the American public indicted the dead Boston bomber’s wife, just because she *should have* known what was happening, whereas this woman actually did know *something* was happening and said nothing. She’s also given somewhat conflicting statements on what happened the night of, as she says he told her he was going to work as usual but she’s also said she suspected he was on his way to Pulse. (To be fair, her husband just died, and he’s accused of something monstrous, and she herself is in a lot of trouble, so no doubt her mind was rather scrambled while being interviewed.)

“More evidence that this killer was definitely a radical terrorist. His hate for basically anyone was so high and so sickening.”

Yeah, but – how is that any different than Patrick Sherrill, Mark Barton, Charles Whitman, Eric Harris & Dylan Klebold, Dylann Roof, Wade Page, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Andrew Kehoe & Aaron Alexis? By all accounts, Mateen lived a pretty American life for the most part, and his parents came from Afghanistan during the era that we were allied with them against the USSR, so there was no strong reason for him to be filled with hate of America in relation to his ethnicity or religious background (I mean, beyond the fact that America is pretty good at making minorities feel unwelcome just in general).

“Interesting to see posters being deleted kj and not by self deleting”

That is not anything remotely new around here. In fact months ago back when UA was CrookCatcher, he got deleted. It could come for any of us at any time. (Cue ominous music.)

“Hawkings.. I might disagree with you about everything”

I’m pretty sure we just mostly disagree about dating-related matters (this being a dating site message board, of course, that’s mostly what is discussed). I think we’ve been largely in agreement or at least not disagreeing about other subjects.

“Interesting he asked who was black”

That was the first I heard about that, so I looked it up. What in the hell…? Well, AJ, I guess he didn’t hate *everyone*. It’ll be interesting to find out the meaning behind that (if it is ever uncovered). Not to make light of the situation, but it’s about time blacks were spared in a horror! (Although, several of his victims were blackm but I assume that’s because an AR-15 is not too good about discriminating when rapidly firing in the dark.)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-to-meet-with-national-rifle-association-nra-orlando-mass-shooting/

Once every thousand years, you have to give Trump credit for trying to do the right thing, but I’m afraid he will find out the hard way like all reasonable Republicans have who is more powerful: him or the NRA. Good luck making that deal, Trump! (Though some of the Republicans in the Senate appear to finally be having difficulties reconciling their anti-terrorist stance with their “guns for everybody!” stance and legislation to ban those on the terrorist watch list might actually see the light of day. In the House, probably not!)
 gtomustang
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/16/2016 6:53:16 AM
maybe he felt as oppressed and shunned as he thinks black people are, b/c he was gay and in a fundamentally religious atmosphere. maybe, gosh, he isn't a terrorist so much as he's just another angry gun owner. But I guess I can see why some people really, really want to bury that concept and make him a Chump wet dream instead (except a wall won't stop someone who was already here for decades, oops). there isn't much to be done to stop angry men like the Unibomber, Timmy McVeigh, Erik Randolph, and others. as the neighbors of the serial killers usually say, "he seemed so normal. Well, he'd put up that Nazi flag every now and then, but he bought girl scout cookies from my niece, how were we supposed to know?"

As for CC/UA getting deleted, if a person keeps getting nuked....what's the common denominator?
 aj17225
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:05:20 AM
This murderer/killer didn't just wake up in the last few months changing his outlook on life. His hate began a while ago. Another thing, adults are responsible for everything they do, good or bad. You can't blame someone else for the decisions one makes in their adult life. The other thing and this is probably the most dangerous issue is when we skirt the real issue and try to make excuses for someone who is a murderer, that it isn't all their fault, someone or something else is to blame also. A person who knows right from wrong would never do what this Omar did. Omar was an adult, no matter what he heard, how he grew up, he and only he made the decision to do this disgusting act. Buying in to radical islam was his choice and his choice only. Hating Blacks, Jews, Gays was also his choice.
 Maleman999
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:13:55 AM

More evidence that this killer was definitely a radical terrorist...

How is he anymore of a radical terrorist than people like Timmy McVeigh and any other home grown mass murderers throughout history? Is your definition of a terrorist anyone who has a foreign sounding name, while mass murderers with Anglo Saxon names are not terrorists, even though the end result is the same, and the ones with foreign sounding names were born and raised in the same country as the ones with the Anglo Saxon names? Do white mass murderers rank higher on the mass murder scale than brown skinned murderers?
 kj521
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:30:29 AM
"As for CC/UA getting deleted, if a person keeps getting nuked....what's the common denominator?"

Oh Mr. Gto! This is not even a hard question! Not even a teeny bit difficult even for a simpleton such as myself!

The answer is.....................Differing opinions!

Yay me! Do I win a prize? :D
 aj17225
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:31:45 AM
^^^^^^ Happy to answer that post male, if Omar's name was Tom and Tom was white, I would have written the same exact post. In case some missed the "key" word, adults are responsible for their actions. Tom being an adult and Omar being an adult is all that matters. Once again it sounds like some making excuses.
 memtoo
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:38:34 AM
"As for CC/UA getting deleted, if a person keeps getting nuked....what's the common denominator?"

I'll take a stab at this. Those repeatedly deleted are generally more interesting, more passionate about their beliefs, more vocal and more likely to stand up for what they believe. Many who are never deleted are barely noticed and never have a controversial, independent thought enter their heads. The yes men, the kiss-asses, nobody would move to delete them because nobody cares about their opinions.
 villabolos
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:42:09 AM
That's right, KJ - differing opinions.
The 2 most articulate people who post on this site have been deleted now. Both appeared to share a common outlook on issues. The one is/was in law enforcement for a number of years. He probably has a little more insite in how investigations work and what to look for. He gets deleted.
Then on the opposite end of the spectrum is the guy who posts one long diatribe after another on every subject that is posted. So boring. I stopped reading his nonsense many moons ago. His long boring diatribes are killing this forums on this web site.

Also(KJ), don't apologize for going to Church. You make remarks about how it is very liberal...no explanation is necessary.
Go to Church and be proud to be a Christian.
You don't owe anybody an explanation.
 memtoo
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:48:55 AM
I would rather read the "long boring diatribes" than the posts of people totally lacking in integrity. Opinions of those lacking integrity...of liars are worthless as are all opinions based on lies and false predicates.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:58:17 AM

Msg: 186
How is he anymore of a radical terrorist than people like Timmy McVeigh and any other home grown mass murderers throughout history? Is your definition of a terrorist anyone who has a foreign sounding name, while mass murderers with Anglo Saxon names are not terrorists, even though the end result is the same, and the ones with foreign sounding names were born and raised in the same country as the ones with the Anglo Saxon names? Do white mass murderers rank higher on the mass murder scale than brown skinned murderers?

Some of Trump’s fanboys believe people like Timothy McVeigh are anti-government white supremacist patriots, like the Oregon crazy militants. Lots of American (John Walker Lindt) Taliban living among us. Some of these folks even praise Vladimir Putin, as do some of the people posting their alliance to Trump in this forum.
 deetristate
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/16/2016 7:58:54 AM
I don't understand why people are wedded to making it about everything except Islamic extremism terrorism.

And, no, the effort is not "in addition to."

Guns. . . he was homosexual . . . be was a nutcase. . . you people will say anything or make up anything else.

Even yahoo has relegated the whole "gay self hatred" thing to the background and that may as well be the gay advocate newspaper.

Neither is this about guns. A bomb would have been more effective, actually.

As Utter said before some weak person kicked him off, this is about changing the narrative. Usually works with a mostly gullible public.

Not surprised that is Obama's stance. For interesting reading, google 'Obama statements about Islam.'

But the rest of you? Huh.
Meanwhile, the FBI considers him an Islamist terrorist and the only evidence of why he did it are his own statements to 911 and his postings showing that he was a terrorist in the name of Muslim extremism.

But if it makes you people, feel better to convince yourselves otherwise . . . I get that.

As far as the wife, grand juries can idict a ham sandwich, as they say, if the evidence presented is slanted enough.
Also, this country has a history of burning alledged witches in empty revenge and blood lust so it continues. There is no other reason to even consider charging her.

As far as as not killing blacks, interestingly there are many stories that the Vietnamese did the same thing . . . until the USA generals and government found out about it and sent more in. Anyway, if interested, Google will bring up some accounts.
 softwinds45
Msg: 193
Posted: 6/16/2016 8:27:26 AM

I don't understand why people are wedded to making it about everything except Islamic extremism terrorism.

Maybe people don't want to think that a born and raised in America kid could turn into an Islamic extremist terrorist. They never even used the words "domestic terrorist" with McVeigh. Maybe he just used Islam to hide his shame about his sexual tendencies. Many seemingly intelligent people still think the LGTBQ community are in need of mental help.

And really, do we know for sure? No. And if the FBI missed this, shame on them and they should be brought to task. Shame on this fellow's wife for not notifying the authorities.

As for Obama and his comments or lack of comments regarding Islam - he is the President of the United States and not some raving lunatic running for President. Big difference when you're actually sitting in the Oval Office as oppose to being a wannabe. I much prefer a statesman to a lunatic that can't control his mouth.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2016 8:29:10 AM
“Once again it sounds like some making excuses.”

Trying to ascertain a murderer’s motivations is not “making excuses.” It’s about gaining knowledge to prevent future similar incidents as well as assuring the murderer was indeed a “lone gun” and no other immediate threats exist. No one is being sympathetic to a murderer by pointing out contributing factors to his psychological makeup, but we can be empathetic to other people in similar circumstances in order to help turn them away from a similar result. Again, I give you the example of the Columbine murderers, who supposedly were bullied until they exploded. After that came to light, it became far less cool to bully people (you know, until Trump came along) and who knows how many Columbines were averted by acts of random kindness to society outcasts? That doesn’t make Harris and Klebold’s actions any less evil.

Nor would it make Mateen’s actions any less evil should it turn out he was a self-hating closeted homosexual with psychological problems who felt vilified by society because of his sexual identity and ethnic/religious background. Just labeling him as a straight-up radical Islamic terrorist isn’t going to solve anything. It would if he was an Iraqi or Syrian who somehow recently got into the United States with ISIS financial resources. But anyone who was born and raised in the United States, seemingly living a largely normal life up until the day he slaughters many innocents in the supposed name of a terrorist organization with which he has no significant personal connection or history with whatsoever, is a much more complex equation that needs to be thoroughly examined from a psychological perspective.

From what we know of Mateen so far, he’s actually far less frightening than Syed Farook. There were a million warning signs that Mateen had serious psychological problems and was heading in this direction and either they were ignored/swept under the carpet or just not pieced together due to no single person appearing to having all the parts of the massacre puzzle. He sounds like many of those mass murderers I just mentioned, with some Islam thrown in for good measure. Farook lived such a calm, quiet life that you almost feel like he was born to be a “radical Islamic terrorist” and there was nothing that could be done to stop that switch from flipping in his head. He’s perhaps the most classic example of Donald Trump’s American-born Islamic bogeyman, but he’s also, to my knowledge, the ONLY one to date, because I’m pretty far from counting Mateen at this point.

“The 2 most articulate people who post on this site have been deleted now.”

The two I’m sure you’re talking about weren’t even remotely close to “articulate.” They certainly agreed with your point of view, which is why you’re bothered by them being deleted, but there are dozens of more articulate posters than either of them. I hate to sound like a meme, but I’m not even sure if you know what that word means. (Yes, I do realize you’re supposedly not reading this “diatribe.”) However, your insinuation that only conservatives/pro-Trumpians are being deleted is equally absurd. Bama is about as anti-Trump as you can get and she keeps getting deleted, and many have been deleted who are completely non-political.

“Those repeatedly deleted are generally more interesting, more passionate about their beliefs, more vocal and more likely to stand up for what they believe. Many who are never deleted are barely noticed and never have a controversial, independent thought enter their heads.”

Hmm...

I’m curious as to what people think about this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anderson-cooper-responds-florida-attorney-014125559.html

I saw this live and I have to say it made me a little uncomfortable despite the fact that I have almost no respect for Bondi. On one hand, it seemed like an “ambush” at perhaps an inappropriate time but on the other hand, what other opportunity would he have to ask her such tough questions that probably should be asked? Bondi’s infamous for avoiding them (see: Trump donation scandal). I think it would have seemed like less of an “agenda” line-of-questioning if someone other than Cooper had been doing the interview, but on the other hand, who more appropriate to do it? I knew from the moment it was announced that it happened at a gay club that there were going to be a whole lot of elected officials (in Florida and elsewhere) that were going to find themselves in some uncomfortable positions like this but I didn’t think *I* would find myself uncomfortable watching them squirm about it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/16/2016 8:29:12 AM
"The other thing and this is probably the most dangerous issue is when we skirt the real issue and try to make excuses for someone who is a murderer"

>>>so, we skirt the issue, which is that witnesses plural have reports (which apparently cops don't bother to pay attention to unless they fit in with the theory, so we should just stop asking witnesses what they saw) and the perp called to claim allegiance to a variety of organizations targeting each other in Syria. we make the excuse he must be one of dem terrorists, when he sure sounds like plenty of angry gun owners before him. where's that damn zebra? he must be around here somewhere, we just heard hoofbeats. can't be a horse.

Actually, Dee,bombs are a PITA in an urban area, b/c you have to test out that you got the recipe right (unless you're actually going to buy one--look in the yellow pages under B, I guess, and then say hello to officer friendly). easier to go to a gun range and test out a gun to see if you can work that, instead. plus I suspect Fl is more, ahem, liberal to a rifle being spotted in your car during a pull over than a trunk full of fertilizer. but yeah, some just love the romance of a pipebomb.

but that's what's so fun about this thread, you get to see the Republican talking points.

and yes, KJ, you won the prize :)
 deetristate
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/16/2016 8:35:07 AM
Again, if making it about something else calms the soul, closeted or otherwise, I understand that need. Carry on.
 _babblefish
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/16/2016 8:59:41 AM

Again, if making it about something else calms the soul, closeted or otherwise, I understand that need. Carry on.

People like simplicity. Showing them that simplicity won't work will at a minimum get you a weary sigh.

carry on with the magic bullet solution and non differing opinions
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/16/2016 2:04:04 PM
We have:

An American citizen, born and raised in the US of A
A Muslim
A poleece wannabe
A spouse abuser X 2
A steroids abuser
A man who cruises gay bars and tries to pick up fellas
A man so out of control angry that a co-worker quits rather than continue to work next to him
A 911 phone call claiming he's doing it for ISIS

Personally, he reminds me more of Zimmerman than an Islamic Terrorororist. . . .
 HawkingJr
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2016 2:52:57 PM
I kept thinking the Mateen case reminded of a very specific 100% American white mass murderer and it just popped in my head:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

I guess it should have been obvious, since Luby's had the record for deadliest non-workplace/non-school shooting for 25 years until Pulse broke it. At the time, something George Hennard said as he started shooting stuck with me for a long time: “All women of Killeen and Belton are vipers! This is what you've done to me and my family! This is what Bell County did to me...This is payback day!” Every time after that, whenever I heard about a school shooting or someone going postal, I thought to myself “I guess that’s what [insert focus of anger] did to him.” An ex-roommate of Hennard's said, "He hated blacks, *Hispanics*, *gays*. He said women were snakes" and "always had derogatory remarks about women, especially after fights with his mother. Survivors said Hennard passed over men to shoot women (like Mateen attempted to pass over blacks, but also like Mateen shooting some blacks anyway, Hennard shot some men in the chaos).

Similarly to Mateen, all the signs were there but everybody swept them under the rug or didn’t have all the pieces of the puzzle. (Also similarly to Mateen, the conservative/liberal reaction was almost identical, and the NRA had a strong effect on legislation related to it.) Hennard and Mateen seem much more like two peas in a pod than Mateen does with most true “soldiers of the Islamic State.” At some point Mateen probably said to himself “All gays of Orlando are vipers! This is what Orange County done to me!” Being Muslim obviously made an angry, psychologically disturbed person highly susceptible to ISIS and its propaganda as an outlet for his rage but I don’t really see how overall he’s all that much different from the apparently non-religious Hennard. If Mateen hadn’t been Muslim and everything unfolded the same way, he probably still goes on a rampage, but in nobody’s name except his own, just like white, 100% American non-Muslim Hennard.

Yup, all speculation on my part, but if you don’t see any parallels between Mateen and many other non-Muslim mass murderers like Hennard, you aren’t looking close enough. (None of this is to suggest ISIS isn’t a real threat to our national security. Again, Farook seemed pretty darn brain-washed to me for someone that did not appear to have the same kind of background your typical mass murderer does. How we stop that kind of stuff is a significant question with no easy answers. This belief that simply destroying ISIS or cease allowing Muslim immigrants will accomplish that is Pollyanna-ish.)

Next up for “Famous Mass Murderers in Review,” the murderer from whom Hennard took the record:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald%27s_massacre

“James Huberty, a self-proclaimed survivalist, saw signs of what he thought was growing trouble in America, and believed that government regulations were the cause of business failures, including his own. He believed that international bankers were purposefully manipulating the Federal Reserve System and bankrupting the nation. Convinced that Soviet aggression was everywhere, he believed that the breakdown of society was near, perhaps through economic collapse or nuclear war. He committed himself to prepare to survive this coming collapse and, while in Canton, provisioned his house with thousands of dollars of non-perishable food and six guns that he intended to use to defend his home during what he believed was the coming chaos. According to one family acquaintance named Jim Aslanes, Huberty's home was bedecked with loaded firearms to such a degree that wherever Huberty was sitting or standing, he ‘could just reach over and get a gun.’ Furthermore, Huberty had regularly vocalized his belief that ‘the country wasn't treating him right; that everything was being done against the working people.’”

Yet no calls to ban conservative conspiracy gun nuts from the country after he blew away 21 people at a McDonald’s back in 1984. Heck, we elected dozens of them to office after that and are currently trying to make one of them our president right now! (Well, Huberty DID shoot mostly people of Mexican descent, so...)

Speaking of deletions, did anyone notice the alligator attack thread disappeared? Supposedly voted off (two pages deep) instead of moderator-deleted. Now obviously it was not in any way redundant and it certainly fit the “off topic” forum subject matter and did not violate any other rules that I’m aware of. Which means for that particular thread to be voted into deletion, this message board has to be filled with some petty, malicious posters and it shouldn’t surprise us one bit that highly undeserving posters are also “voted off” every now and then.
 deetristate
Msg: 200
Posted: 6/16/2016 5:42:58 PM
Re alligator thread.

There is a group on here that hates Blondie on general principal,I.e., no valid reason. They think that it is fun to delete her, no matter what she posts. Really sad bunch.

Probably envy or she refused to go out with someone.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack