Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BeckyHT
Msg: 201
view profile
History
50 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attackPage 9 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

I much prefer a statesman to a lunatic that can't control his mouth.

softwinds45... I do agree. I have no doubt in my mind that Obama is a statesman. He is.

It's one of the highest criteria I look for in a candidate. Intelligence and acting like a statesman.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 202
50 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack
Posted: 6/17/2016 1:56:01 PM

^^^^^^ Happy to answer that post male, if Omar's name was Tom and Tom was white, I would have written the same exact post.

Interesting how you keep asserting such things... but when the opportunity to do so actually presents itself... it's "crickets" from you...

Why is that...? Is it possible that it is just another one of those "hot air tactics" you like to employ... such as when you tried to play the "reformed sinner trick" about Obama...?
 aj17225
Msg: 203
Posted: 6/17/2016 7:58:35 PM
Swing and a miss on your post, has nothing to do with my post, none at all. You respond by going off the rails. If you are going to quote me, reply as to what I said and not by going in some other direction. Like I said in my post(I'll help you out once again), wouldn't matter if this killer was Muslim or not, he is a radical terrorist no matter what. You are most welcome. You just can't stand admitting that is true so you go way off the track. Typical though. Is that Hillary and her "teachings"?
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 204
Posted: 6/18/2016 2:49:57 AM
Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance. A mass movement offers them unlimited opportunities for both. — Eric Hoffer, The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements (1951)
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 205
Posted: 6/18/2016 5:22:22 AM

Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance.

Bingo Wooby...

You nailed AJ's nonsense perfectly... even if that isn't specifically who it was aimed at and it's placement merely coincidental...
 gtomustang
Msg: 206
Posted: 6/18/2016 6:24:57 AM
"I much prefer a statesman to a lunatic that can't control his mouth. "

>>>the general voter, in times of fear, wants to hear comforting words from the Commander in Chief. not "me me me, let's talk about how smart I think I was". They want to hear things will be OK, not the sound of a slap on the back. Part of believing that things will be OK, is if they hear, "We figured out what caused the problem, and we're going to attempt to fix that from happening again". ISIS is having a bad week, losing territory, so if some idiot wants them to take responsibility for what he did, do we really, honestly think ISIS is going to say, "oh no, we can't lie like that. We can cut off heads, but we just don't want to be accused of being a liar."? chances are, they'll admit to any victory, just like any government losing a few battles.

so, its nice to hear Republicans speak like Democrats and say, yeah, we won't follow Chump's footsteps, this dirtbag sounds like he's just a garden-variety terrorist. Maybe "radicalized by a conservative-religious" bent, so we don't confuse him with Communist terrorists of the 1980's or narco terrorist groups or radical racist terrorists who shoot up churches that are also sanctuaries, or anti-government terrorists like Erik Rudolph and Timmy McVeigh or anti technology terrorists like the Unibomber.

the first step in solving any problem is to...actually identify what the problem really is. otherwise you go off on some tangent, thinking its going to be a solution.
 IronHibiscus
Msg: 207
20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack
Posted: 6/18/2016 7:57:15 AM
A week ago this horrible event shattered the lives of us here in Florida. I'm not terribly far from where it happened and have been to that club before as I have a few gay male friends who once and a while we get out and have fun. It saddens me because the hatred behind it all is just disgusting. Not to mention working in the Funeral Business it just really hit me pretty hard. I know this will pass physically but mentally is has effected many family, friends and survivors. And sadly we must all be aware it can and sadly may happen again - anywhere. All anyone can try to do is be aware of their surroundings and also be aware things happen. God has a time for everyone and this is again more proof we just never know when "our time is up". God bless everyone and be safe.
 Jo van
Msg: 208
Posted: 6/18/2016 1:21:01 PM

the first step in solving any problem is to...actually identify what the problem really is. otherwise you go off on some tangent, thinking its going to be a solution.

Agreed.

IMO they need to build little walls around all the angry/sexually-conflicted/homophobic, American-born, gun-carrying "muslims"/"christians"/political-"extremists"/white-supremacists/Buddhists/people-with-beards.

That should cover it.

Their alleged "God" could settle this whole debate forever, (and ever, Amen Corner)
if he wasn't so busy with his obsession with "foreskins", and "virgins".

I wonder if there were "gay" people around, before this particular, current version of "god" was even invented.
I wonder if people "objected" back then too.
And why?

I've heard there are "gay" penguins too.
How come nobody's trying to kill them?
(Not that I want them killed. -best to make that clear, to some people)

I say; let people do what makes them happy, (or "gay") as long as they're past the 'age of consent', they don't need anyone else's consent.
I fail to understand the mindset of people who "object" to other people's sex lives..
No-one's making you watch it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2016 1:40:43 PM
Bigots have to find something to hate, if gay people didn't exists they'd find others to lash out at. They need the release of adrenalin, they need to harm others, they need to make others feel awful about themselves, and for some they need to have a reason to kill other people. So getting rid of gay people wouldn't do a thing, people filled with hate and the need to harm others and stick their noses in the air, will always find someone, some group, to spew on. It's the character of the bigot, not at all the innocent target of their hate.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 210
Posted: 6/18/2016 4:29:11 PM
A Philadelphia young woman, one of the Orlando shooting survivors, (she was shot in the right leg), is now accused of being part of a conspiracy that claims the shooting was staged.

She works for Fox 29, and the conspiracy theorists claim she was a "crisis actor" for the station. I tell you, too many people walking among us with mental health issues.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/Philly-Orlando-shooting-survivor-Patience-Carter-now-fighting-off-conspiracy-theorists-crisis-actor.html
 Ouija2025
Msg: 211
Posted: 6/18/2016 4:53:55 PM
I read the survivors stories. And I read about the life of those killed had :(
Interesting that he was saying there were others
And that he was laughing and washing his hands/
Muslims don't advocate murder.. he was no more a religious Man that I am the Queen of England.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 212
Posted: 6/18/2016 5:14:15 PM

Msg: 212
I read the survivors stories. And I read about the life of those killed had :(
Interesting that he was saying there were others
And that he was laughing and washing his hands/
Muslims don't advocate murder.. he was no more a religious Man that I am the Queen of England.

I think part of the problem is there is still too much hatred, discrimination and intolerance for those that are different from us by some of our so called political leaders.

Just look at Trump, talking about making America great again, and in the same breath he is spreading fear and hate mongering about deporting Mexicans, banning Muslims, and keeping gay people from getting married.

Spreading hate and fear is not the solution.
 memtoo
Msg: 213
Posted: 6/18/2016 6:20:21 PM
Which is why trump will be slaughtered in the election, if he gets the nomination that is. What a horrid man
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/18/2016 8:06:26 PM
^ Some of my best friends are Christian :)

Seriously though, what do you mean by "Christians are being increasingly persecuted", if you don't mind my asking?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 215
Posted: 6/18/2016 8:42:21 PM

pay attention to current events

As portrayed by the popular (white Christian influenced) media?
 softwinds45
Msg: 216
Posted: 6/18/2016 9:22:59 PM
Maybe the left want the right to keep God out of the government and how the country is run. Maybe the left want to keep the Evangalists, born agains and the religious right out, you know, the old separation of church and state. And there are many right leaning media sources.

You want to see the Orlando killings as an Islamic terrorist attack while others are saying it may be a little more complicated than that. You don't want to say that the killer was an American born crazy person. You don't want this to be domestic terrorism. You don't want to make this a hate crime against gay people. You want it to be Islam against Christians. I get that but I don't agree with it. It's more than that. IMO.
 aj17225
Msg: 217
Posted: 6/18/2016 10:03:57 PM
Shhhhh, don't tell some liberals that the guy was a radical islamic terrorist, it just doesn't fit their "agenda". They want to blame someone or something else for these murders.
 softwinds45
Msg: 218
Posted: 6/18/2016 10:20:05 PM
Don't you find it odd though when mcveigh (an American terrorts) murderded jus under 200 no one mentioned his Jesus freak. Or the crazy redheads kid in the theatre...was he a Catholic, can't trust friggin Catholics. How about Sandy Hook, I don't recall a mention of religion.

Some blame blacks for many ills in the country, many more blame Mexican, more still blame Muslims. I think blame a few white guys is in order, whit Christian.

Could well be a simple hate crime against gays and he just wants to add in the Muslim angle for more coverage. Who knows? You don't, I don't and I doubt we will be privy to the OFFICIAL police work being done.
 aj17225
Msg: 219
Posted: 6/18/2016 10:33:49 PM
Soft, Omar was a terrible person, who happened to be a Muslim, who happened to be a radical terrorist. He isn't grouped into all Muslims. Hope that helps. Now to go further, if a Christian person does the same thing as Omar, said person would be a radical christian terrorist. does not mean that all Christians are terrorist. or radical. Why do some liberals need to dance around all this and not call it exactly what it is?
 daynadaze
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2016 10:54:45 PM
John, you making a very good comment there and then you had to go and and put that last sentence in showing that you really didn't mean the other ones at all. Just what in the world does being liberal or conservative have to do with whether or not a person is good or bad, or can understand simple logic?
 aj17225
Msg: 221
Posted: 6/18/2016 11:13:25 PM
dayna, read the posts from the liberals, that is all your proof. And if a conservative wants to agree with the liberals in here that want to avoid what is really going on, then they are putting their heads in the sand also. So yes, I don't care if it is conservative or liberal but re-read the posts and you will see that it is one sided and not in a good way. And yes, I really did mean what I said to begin with.And yes,I too don't understand why some can't understand simple logic. In this thread, it is the majority of liberals that don't understand simple logic.
 deetristate
Msg: 222
Posted: 6/19/2016 4:45:01 AM
""""Maybe the left want the right to keep God out of the government and how the country is run. Maybe the left want to keep the Evangalists, born against and the religious right out, you know, the old separation of church and state. And there are many right leaning media sources. """"

To deny that it is open season on Christianity while "phobic, racist or anit-semitic" to say anything about Muslims and Jews is to live in a false reality.

Why did Oliver Stone get so antsy about it?

""Jewish control of the media is preventing an open discussion of the Holocaust, prominent Hollywood director Oliver Stone told the Sunday Times, adding that the U.S. Jewish lobby was controlling Washington's foreign policy for years.
"""

It is myopic to deny that the shooting was islamic terrorism.
whataboutery is not working.

Jo van
Msg: 223
Posted: 6/19/2016 5:04:50 AM

Muslims who engage in jihad, however, are doing it in the name of Islam as evidenced by their Facebook posts or audio/video trails they leave.

IMO this man's alleged "jihad" was a "death-bed conversion".
From what little I know about this man, until very recently,
he was more concerned with "Johns" and "jizz", than "jihad".

It's really not a "left"/"right" issue, OMO., it's more about the credibility of his "dedication" of those murders to that 'cause'..
He's claimed to be supporting opposing groups, which would seem to indicate that he didn't really know much about it.
He didn't even have a beard.
You're choosing to believe the words of a deranged, "suddenly-homophobic" mass-murdering madman. And of course they've confirmed it as their work, they want people to think that they're more powerful than they really are, they'd claim responsibility for a meteor strike!

It's really about whether, on reflection, people respond hysterically, (like Trump) or not.
Do you really think that the "taliban" or "isis" are the kinds of "equal opportunities" organisations, who would welcome "gay" jihadists?
Personally, I don't think so.
JMO

We had our own murderer, over here, this week. he has links to far-right, neo-nazi groups, and in court, gave his name as: "Death to traitors. Freedom for Britain".
Should we close-down all such sites, and round-up all "racists" and nutters?
Should we put our military on alert?
No.
Just another nutter.

Who gives a shit what he says?
We shouldn't even be listening to these fvcktard freaks, much less believing them.
Hateful little shits, all of them.
 softwinds45
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/19/2016 6:04:52 AM

dayna, read the posts from the liberals, that is all your proof. And if a conservative wants to agree with the liberals in here that want to avoid what is really going on, then they are putting their heads in the sand also. So yes, I don't care if it is conservative or liberal but re-read the posts and you will see that it is one sided and not in a good way. And yes, I really did mean what I said to begin with.And yes,I too don't understand why some can't understand simple logic. In this thread, it is the majority of liberals that don't understand simple logic.

How do you deal with this AJ? Didn't you vote for Obama, a liberal, twice? Do your thoughts flip flop between right and left or have you completely gone to the right?

I think JoVan is right, I think this guy cracked and took the easy out - look at me, I'm now a terrorist for Islam. It's like "death by cop". It's easy to take the glory way out than to admit you are Muslim and gay and hiding your sexuality behind a ice and son (like many have in the gay community years ago).

Who knows? None of us posting here knows the answer.
 chinook1111
Msg: 225
Posted: 6/19/2016 6:46:39 AM
Some people will freak but China has strict controls on Internet traffic.

Jihadist or KKK sites could be blocked.

Slippery slope of course.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 20 feared dead after Florida nightclub terror attack