Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Meet Me / Transgender??!!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seki1949
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Meet Me / Transgender??!!??Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I do not think transgender is a mental illness.

I do. It is genital mutilation of the mentally disturbed and the doctors involved should go to jail. And now it is being pushed on underage kids.

Stone me.
 hearton64
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Meet Me / Transgender??!!??
Posted: 6/19/2016 3:03:10 AM

I'm beginning to wonder if people are confusing
gender identity and sexual orientation?
Two entirely different things. You're welcome :)

Well with terms like "transexual" it's no wonder. :/

As for the assertion it's a mental illness and mutilation
Instead of making uninformed statements why not do
some research and try and understand this from a
More physiological standpoint?

I'm aware that during pregnancy many anomalies can
occur during gestation during the hormonal wash
stage that help create female brains in male bodies
And male brains in female bodies.

In order to integrate ones gender identity,sex, gender expression and sexual orientation
Some people must go thru transition surgeries to align their
authentic selves and if it wasn't for doctors who understand
this complex issue, more Transgenders would commit suicide
than they already do.

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2011/11/breaking-through-the-binary-gender-explained-using-continuums/

If you anyone thinks being transgender is a mental illness
then they'd have to also label intersex people and ALL OTHER
Inborn anomalies are too.

And that's just ridiculous.

Genders not black or white folks.
No more than sexual orientations are and that's OK.

Bottom line?

We ALL deserve love care and respect as we are
Human beings first.

The rest is just details and differences.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/19/2016 4:31:36 AM
I am grateful for the morality lesson.
 Coma_White
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 9:46:24 AM

Ewww. I never even thought of that before. But you know what's the grossest thing about fast food? Ordering it at a drive through and then eating it directly after handing the debit thingy D:

lol
I thought you were going to say: "But you know what's the grossest things about fast food? Fast food!"
 hearton64
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 1:37:41 PM
You're welcome. : /
 purplerider1200
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2016 8:11:05 PM
Think what you like, but I'd like to sit and talk with one. Call it, comparing apples to apples.

I've met a few gay guys. Most have been interesting to talk to. A couple were just a smig flaming, and pretty hilarious. Must be why I remember them.

By the way, for those who biased, and don't care for gay, or transexuals- I find you pretty boring, and will forget your useless b**t five minutes after we part company.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 4:19:26 AM
The LGBT community doesn't bother me, I work with gays, I work with lesbians, I've encountered a few trans men and women both transgender and transsexuals, I understand the differences between gender identity and sexual orientations, I did an entire thesis paper on gender identity for a psych class which included interviewing LGBT members. With that being said, I'm not dating a transsexual woman Pre-op or Post-op. Just not my cup of tea, women have turned me down for being black, for being 5'9" for being in the military, for having glasses, for being "too nice" I can live with being criticized for not wanting a woman who was born with a penis that's a preference I just won't compromise on.
 IronHibiscus
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/20/2016 8:33:07 AM
I see it on here a lot. I get accused of being one because I lift weights a lot LOL

Just be nice. I won't be rude to them (or anyone even when their mean to me ) and appreciate people's honesty.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:51:30 AM

I see it on here a lot. I get accused of being one because I lift weights a lot LOL

I wouldn't dare say anything nasty to you. You might beat me up.

(And I looked at your profile-I'm impressed!)
 IronHibiscus
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/20/2016 10:13:09 AM
^^ Haha Purple......I may look like I can beat ya up but I am honestly SO laid back and lazy away from the Gym - I couldn't fight if I had to. LOL
 sweetnshythatsalie
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:00:55 AM
Wow your muscles are impressive
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 37
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:20:20 AM
That's the hazard of just scrolling through a bunch of pictures and clicking "yes" on the cute ones when you haven't read the profile. Some of those transgender men are prettier than real women lol
 sweetnshythatsalie
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/20/2016 11:59:00 AM
I forgot to post the rest I got sidetracked......I've only run across one transgender...it was a girl claiming to be a self made man.......LOL They didn't contact me but they were on another site and I did view his profile because I thought he was good looking. He even showed his scars from where his breasts were removed. I think it's cool as long as they aren't deceiving people.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/20/2016 12:14:09 PM
Never know what you'll find at the end of da rainbow...
 inspired2dream
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 2:20:20 PM
maybeebaybee1 on 6/20/2016 1120 AM

"That's the hazard of just scrolling through a bunch of pictures and clicking "yes" on the cute ones when you haven't read the profile. Some of those transgender men are prettier than real women lol"

Thanks everyone for the great responses.

Yes, since that experience,, if I see someone who I find attractive on the meet me function, I check out their profile before clicking the "yes" button. Sometimes after reading the profile, I don't want to click the "yes" anymore, because of other things in the profile: "I'm super sarcastic and hilarious". "I am a princess and deserve to be worshiped", "Dallas Cowboys Fan" etc.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 2:34:54 PM

I have been checking the profiles out a little more closely now, and I am amazed by how many POF members are transgender.

It's a free site matchmaking site, and I imagine there's an Extremely high % of transgender people who are single -- and on a site like POF where you find all sorts of walks of life anyway, and people willing to do just about anything to get a date -- yeah, you'll see an extremely high % of transgenders in one's area understandably show up here.

They can call themselves what they want, but if they carry a shlong, I'm done.

Yeah me too -- gets me so hot & bothered, I'm done before I can say I'm done! ;)
 softwinds45
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/20/2016 2:50:29 PM
^^^^ And just what do you consider a "high % of transgender people .." ? 1 out of 500? 1 out of 1000? I've had no lesbians contact me and I've seen one who likes to dress up in women's clothes. so how many of you guys posting here have been contacted by a transvestite or a male to female transgender person? M betting the answer is "none".

"...extremely high %...." Ya, sure. Hell, most us only know a few gay people, probably count them on one hand. So the chances of us all having high numbers of transgendered peeps in our town and cities is pretty small and having them all looking for dates on POF is pretty remote.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 3:02:01 PM

^^^^ And just what do you consider a "high % of transgender people .." ?

You're not reading what I'm saying right. It's not % of transgender in a population. It's % of those who are. Like a gay bar is going to bring in a high % of gay people in the local population, as it's not about the % of gays in the local population -- it's the % of ones who are, who will be at some point seen there. My point: OF the transgenders, due to most being Single much of the time, are going to have a high % OF THEM gravitate to a site like POF.

And yes, I've been contacted by a transgender person before online.
 softwinds45
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/20/2016 3:25:24 PM
I just don't see those single transgender people flocking to POF or any other dating site like POF. Just the safety issue alone. I still think the LGBTQ and transgender community keep pretty much to themselves. Between the bigots, haters, narrow minded crowd out there I'm sure they keep to themselves of dat g sites catering to the community.

One transgender person contacting you does not make a plethora of transgendered folks online.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 3:41:35 PM

I just don't see those single transgender people flocking to POF or any other dating site like POF.

Because it draws in people of all types/demographics moreso than any other place. A transgender person is going to have bad luck in dating -- and places like Match & eHarmony aren't going to bring it to them nearly as much as a wide-open FREE site like POF that has the most people using it at one time.
 softwinds45
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/20/2016 4:00:26 PM
POF may have the most people but it won't have the "right" people. It's still a small community. If 10% of your city is LGBTQ and .5% of that number are transgender, small community. IF it's even that high. I'm saying they will stick to where it's safe and I'm thinking it's not POF.

VVV

It is still a very small community. Unless you have number s to back it up.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 4:13:06 PM
POF brings in a lot of people of outlier types to come in. It's known to be a one-size-fits-all sorta thing. And transgender people are going to have a high % within being single, so, yeah, not surprising someone will see "more" than they'd assume on there than walking by in the street in their city.

Just like people go on POF and think "Is every woman a single mother on here in my [21-25] age group?!" It brings a lot of those, too.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 48
Posted: 6/20/2016 4:45:46 PM
Personally I don't think Transgendered ppl have to say FA about it
If they are now a woman / man
move on with the " new" you
People get warped about the damnest things
 Blackwood85
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2016 9:57:24 PM

Because it draws in people of all types/demographics moreso than any other place. A transgender person is going to have bad luck in dating -- and places like Match & eHarmony aren't going to bring it to them nearly as much as a wide-open FREE site like POF that has the most people using it at one time.

The LGBTQ community at one point weren't allowed on eHarmony, I've been contacted by transwomen plenty of times on both POF and OKC, so it's not just one transgendered woman. A site like OKC is more LGBT friendly or I should say accommodating than POF, there's more gender and orientation filters and I can see why a member of the LGBT community would use the site. I managed to meet a girl who identified as being heteroflexible, another woman I met was polyamorous, I had a meet and greet with a girl who was bi. While another girl who messaged me identified herself as being "queer" POF seems to have a more traditional membership than OKC.
 hemingway234
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/21/2016 5:29:28 AM
I'll just say there are lots of special people on dating sites.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Meet Me / Transgender??!!??