Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you reply to 'you are sexy'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 97
view profile
History
How do you reply to 'you are sexy'Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I can't resist making a pass Jo! Actually someone said that to me in real life just the other week, it was rather nice if dishonest.
 Jo van
Msg: 98
How do you reply to 'you are sexy'
Posted: 10/13/2016 1:11:01 PM
Thanks Daver!

First of all:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Not Feirx!
And not before I've even seen the allegedly "provocative" pictures.

I have to say I'm not really comfortable with the word "provocative", when applied to females.
It seems a bit like a pre-emptive "excuse" to me...
If you think about it:
It implies that the "blame" for anything which subsequently happens, lies entirely with the female.
It's also entirely subjective, as any child-rapist will tell you.
Not that I'm suggesting that any of that was attached to it's casual use here, or that HTD is in any way, that way inclined, because I know he's not.

It's just interesting (IMO) the way our language and it's usage has evolved, it's not really fair, because when applied to males, it usually means to provoke anger or violence, but with women, it means to provoke sexual attention/attraction, and that it always has that deliberate intention, and there's a presupposition of some 'guilt' and premeditation attached to it.
Weird huh?
-Or is that just me?

Back on topic:
Yes
 warmandwild
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2016 6:25:22 PM
I can not agree with you enough, women are made different and have different ideas on what is appropriate and not. However that is not to say that we do not think about the same things as men do, we fully enjoy sex, being sexy with the man we care about. Or maybe some with guys they don't give a damned about! We like candle light evenings, lots of attention, intelligent conversation, for him to appreciate the way I look for him.

I personally like a guy that is a little different the average guy. I like someone that is going to take the time and make an effort to think of what it is that I like for fun, so that in return that gives me the knowledge that he is a compassionate and caring kind of guy and I automatically want to do something that he may enjoy. Although it may not be my favorite sort of thing!

It is easy to wound a guys ego, but what be the point of that unless he is totally out of line, which I am sorry to say I've had to do myself. I don't like turning a guy in for inappropriate talk or a little over zealous! So I would prefer to tell him like it is. Anyway if you don't like the talk or attitude merely don't respond, they will go away!
 Hostess68
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2016 3:19:53 PM
The above does not apply to me in any way form or context. Sounds rather needy to me. I can cook my own dinner and buy my own flowers. Peace love and unity!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > How do you reply to 'you are sexy'