Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 351
Racist duck is a FraudPage 15 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Slumlords fail to invest in their property, lowering values. But we don't worry about them, just the people they take money from without doing repairs. Cousins have jobs that weren't taken from anyone else, they magically appeared from nowhere. A Scotsman moves to another country, and complains about what he finds--maybe he should go to a country he prefers. We aren't sure about a candidate's stand on subjects b/c Matt Lauer loves the sound of his voice.

"because the media is reporting her diatribe about Trump but not much else.."

>>>Its the weekend. Both candidates will keep mum on 9/11...likely. But Monday it'll all start again. Like weather in New England, it'll only take a few hours of waiting. And Chump doesn't like to hold the hot air in too long, like the rest of us. Or the Russian Fan Club will come out with something, that's always funny, like Crazy Uncle Don at Thanksgiving.
 deetristate
Msg: 352
Trump is making leftists crazy and it's fun to watch. (Can't beat'em . . .)
Posted: 9/10/2016 9:22:18 PM
Sure. Childless or old people who will die soon and/or those who live in the countryside and are removed from reality who are not affected by all of this sure know better than other people mired in and experiencing reality.
And some of your "stories" are so fantastical, I hope that you are keeping track and writing a novel. LOL.

Riiiiiiight.

I also enjoy how the elitism and derision of "those not worthy" always seeps through when leftists speak, "Let THOSE PEOPLE do those jobs" "Surely no American wants THOSE Jobs." THOSE PEOPLE should have a better education and can't get anything BETTER." Looking down their noses at workers. Saying it is OK that people treat them like indentured servants and under pay them.

I love it.

So liberal, eh?
LOL!
"Americans need an enemy and a slave." Leftists more than anyone. They need someone to call silly names and someone to do "those jobs." so that they can look down on them.

I get it.

The rest of the people want decent wages for everyone. They don;t need to look down on the construction worker, maid, Cashier, mechanic, fast food employee, etc.

At least one person acknowledged reality but then said, "nothing can be done. "

Sounds like the teacher who won't try to teach her kids because they are from the "ghetto." They can't learn," nothing can be done."

Passive, easily manipulated, "just legalize weed so they can just veg out and we can do whatever we want" victims.

That is the real problem of leftists. Perpetual shoulder shrug and "that's not true," when it is not directly about them individually.

And they continue to talk about the" native americans."

Again, thanks for the reminder
DON'T DO WHAT THE NATIVE AMERICANS DID.
Great example of what NOT to do.

(Are slumlords a campaign issue? Creative redirection. Grade:B.)

And they usually ignore the "illegal,: whether entering or overstaying, part.

But that's right, they need someone to whom they can feel superior.
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 353
Trump is making leftists crazy and it's fun to watch. (Can't beat'em . . .)
Posted: 9/10/2016 9:41:29 PM
" So liberal, eh?"

It's still better than the alternative, especially in the U.S.

I have always found conservatives to be the elitists and the ones that don't care much about others... the "I got mine so piss off" attitude . Cold. It's like Heston's remarks at the NRA convention years ago when he said "from my cold, dead hands". That is how the rightists look at those with less, "I got mine so pissy off". Rightists, nice.

And really, that "what have you got to lose?" comment when Trump supposedly addressed black America, wow. Phoney and uncaring. But that's the conservative way.

Liberal? Still better than the alternative. And in this presidential campaign the conservatives sure didn't send their best.
 flman2015
Msg: 354
Racist duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/10/2016 11:02:21 PM

Saying it is OK that people treat them like indentured servants and under pay them.

I love it.

That explains why you support a dishonest racist that abuses the H1B and H2B visas to bring foreign workers to be captive in jobs in which he underpays them. What you described are the workers of Mar-a-Lago among other businesses owned by racist duck.

The rest of the people want decent wages for everyone.

Racist duck has washed his hands on that one. He doesn't want the federal government to establish a minimum federal wage. Not suprising considering that his workers barely get paid and sometimes they even have to take him to court to get their money. However, there is a candidate who supports decent wages for everyone. Hint: it's not a he and she is not racist.

But that's right, they need someone to whom they can feel superior.

I don't know about "superior" but certainly not devoid of decency and some reasoning skills. Decent people would not be disappointed if racist duck supporters stopped supporting a racist, xenophonic, ethnicist, dishonest liar. That would be a "superior" decision for racist duck supporters to make.

The problem isn't that decent people feel superior, it's that it is completely logical for racist duck supporters to feel inferior. After all, they are being led by the nose of their hatred into supporting a racist, dishonest liar who wants to profit at their expense and everybody else's. It must feel really good for racist duck supporters to give racist duck a 19% tax cut while he gives them a 4% tax cut in return. Such a "superior" decision on the part of racist duck supporters.

Obviously, such occurrences have nothing to do with being a liberal or a conservative. It has everything to do with decency and a reasonable reasoning ability compared to being naive and easily manipulated with hatred.

Nothing shows how easily racist duck supporters are manipulated with hate as Pence statement...

I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order

Just what everyone wants... a guy that puts a political party above his country and even his family. What a "superior" choice that is. But, if nothing else, gotta give him credit for coming clean.

Racist duck isn't driving anyone crazy... him and his supporters are no more than unexpected disappointments.
 gtomustang
Msg: 355
Bending over backwards to explain the GOP is fun to watch, too
Posted: 9/11/2016 5:31:25 PM
Goodness, how soon we forget Mitt Romney, and the number 47. Was he a Democrat when he talked about the 47% of America--and lost his chance to show the GOP isn't the rich white man's club?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fact-checking-romneys-47-percent-comment/

as was pointed out above, the GOP has for decades been the party willing to let Ketchup be a vegetable for poor children. I guess "let them eat cake!" was not available to the Reagan White House. The rest of the people want a decent wage? Is that the people who voted for Scott Walker? The Republicans who want to break unions? We just celebrated Labor Day, yet how many even know of the Labor movement? Legalize weed, sounds like the Libertarian Party platform. Didn't know they were elitist Democrats, but again, its always nice to hear Republicans start to talk like Democrats from two decades ago. We do want the rest of America to catch up.

Speaking of redirection to the Native Americans, they tried to act like Christians and help out the starving. Turns out, we wanted to build a caliphate on their lands. We believe in a God who talks thru burning bushes and drowns us when angry, and we drink his blood and eat his body--but their religion, oh boy, it sure is primitive and should be dismissed since science can't prove it.

Ignore the illegal? The last few Republican presidents did, must be what the GOP supports. That and feeling superior by telling the world to FO, we're so great we invite Scott Baio to speak at our conference about how great we are.
Msg: 356
Posted: 9/13/2016 9:08:28 AM
^^^ Hillary knew what she was saying and certainly knew about the backlash she was going to get. But most of us more to the left probably agree with her and those votes she lost were not hers to begin with. And she was right. . . these people at the Trump rallies are absolutely nuts . . some of them... not all of course.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 357
Posted: 9/13/2016 5:05:35 PM
Looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree. . . .

On Memorial Day 1927, brawls erupted in New York led by sympathizers of the Italian fascist movement and the Ku Klux Klan. In the fascist brawl, which took place in the Bronx, two Italian men were killed by anti-fascists. In Queens, 1,000 white-robed Klansmen marched through the Jamaica neighborhood, eventually spurring an all-out brawl in which seven men were arrested.

One of those arrested was Fred Trump of 175-24 Devonshire Rd. in Jamaica.

This is Donald Trump's father. Trump had a brother named Fred, but he wasn't born until more than a decade later. The Fred Trump at Devonshire Road was the Fred C. Trump who lived there with his mother, according to the 1930 Census.

Der turnip denies it, of course. Vehemently.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/28/in-1927-donald-trumps-father-was-arrested-after-a-klan-riot-in-queens/

You know, at some point it ceases to be funny, and just gets really creepy.
 gtomustang
Msg: 358
Posted: 9/13/2016 6:59:56 PM
I believe it--I posted it before. What Chump said about Mexicans, was said about Italians before the great flapper era. And for the same reasons--people feared losing their jobs. But hey, "Irish and dogs need not apply", and the first war on drugs was on the opium those coolies we hired to lay railroad ties used to chase the dragon.

Like someone else posted, the Nazis never planned the Final Solution at the beginning. They just evolved to that point (ironically copying our genocidal policy against the Indians. Not that everyone here supported that policy, of course).
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 359
Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread
Posted: 9/14/2016 6:12:49 AM
This is a great article, unfortunately many of Comrade Trump supporters don't know how to read.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/donald-trump-foreign-business-deals-national-security-498081.html
 memtoo
Msg: 360
Posted: 9/14/2016 8:20:38 AM
^^^^ How many Americans have died in war supporting America and its freedoms. Will the countly simply allow this misfit to waltz into the Presidency and upend everything so many have sacrificed for?

There has always been a conspiracy theory that the CIA took out Kennedy because they thought he was somehow a threat to the Country. Mark my words here . . . if Trump somehow wins the election . . . I would not put a lot of money on his having a lengthy life span. The man will be taken out one way or the other. There is far too much to lose if he is in office. And no, I am not suggesting that I favor his assassination. I am suggesting that he will be assassinated because of the harm people with power know he will cause as President. But if he is assassinated, I would not have any qualms about pissing on his grave. He is simply a horrid man by all accounts.
 Maleman999
Msg: 361
Posted: 9/15/2016 8:35:09 AM
There have been times when I wondered if Trump was running for president just as a joke, to see if he could fool enough people to make them think he is the new Messiah coming to save them and create a new, perfect land for (white) Americans where nothing will ever go wrong again. I was waiting (hoping) for him to say at some point: "I was just kidding when I said I wanted to be president." Why else would someone make so many outrageous statements and spread so much hatred that would be political suicide in other times unless they weren't serious about the position? But I guess if people like Jim Jones and Charlie Manson are able to convince some Americans that they are the second coming of Jesus who showed up to save them and create a new perfect world, then how easy would it be to fool the people again? Manson's followers saw nothing wrong with using violence to get their point and views across, and Trump's fan base are following in their footsteps.
 BeckyHT
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:30:49 AM

to see if he could fool enough people

Mankind's downfall is that just about everybody is easily duped to be a follower.

e.g. religion, politics

When you're a kid and in school, you're asked to learn on your own. Get out of school, at that just seems to go by the wayside.
 chameleonf
Msg: 363
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:55:44 AM

Mankind's downfall is that just about everybody is easily duped to be a follower.

It reminds me of a programme that was on TV the other day (can't remember what show it was). It was a social experiment where a group of people (actors) were in a waiting room who were instructed to stand up when they heard a bell or buzzer (can't remember which) when a new person entered the room. The first new person entered and sure enough, when all stood up at the sound and then reseated themselves, the new person at first looked bewildered but stood and sat when they did. Each new person that entered did the same thing, without questioning why they were doing it or if the less sheeple of them did question it (one person that they showed), they were simply told because everyone else was - and that seemed to satisfy them and they kept doing it each time thereafter. There was no logical thinking but a blind willingness to follow in an almost Lemming-esque way.

I don't know if it's so much a case of being "duped" as a case of people lacking logic, cognitive abilities, laziness to learn for themselves, or what. What I do know is it's amazing that there are so many who suffer from whatever it is that causes the sheeple mentality.
 gtomustang
Msg: 364
Posted: 9/15/2016 10:57:34 AM
I've had people tell me if there was racism in this country, there would have been attempts on Obama. Admittedly, I can't argue against it, except that perhaps there was enough of an outlet for anger that it didn't cross a twisted mind. Still, imagine the emotions and results of those emotions had it happened (ie, you think BLM is devisive). As for conspiracy, a friend of mine asked what happened to the smoke filled rooms that allegedly picked candidates for us. I suspect the internet killed them, based on the observance of the GOP trying to let the delegates loose to vote for whom they wanted, and the internet backlash that seemed to kill it off.

I suppose Chump ran for the ultimate "chairman of the board" b/c where else is there to go? there's only so many victories in real estate. He already became a TV star. What else can put a shine on the Trump brand? And indeed, he does know how to promote brand awareness.

For sure, one of human nature's characteristics, is to follow the crowd. When unsure, don't think, just follow along. Its easier to be accepted that way, we are descended from social animals.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 1:01:41 PM
“Mankind's downfall is that just about everybody is easily duped to be a follower.”

This made a lot more sense prior to the modern information age when it was possible to awe a crowd with a smoke trick. Nowadays people have access to so much information at their fingertips alone that nearly the entire population is hyper-skeptical, not to mention less religious than ever, as religion has often been used by leaders to control their followers, but that just doesn’t cut it much anymore (outside of the Muslim world, obviously).

So how a Donald Trump rises to power and builds a strong cult of personality in modern times with such a skeptical, well-educated population is a little puzzling. There are millions of people that would die for him – not for this country, but just HIM, no matter what he says, no matter what he does, they are blindly following him like an ancient messiah. Now you would expect religious people to be most susceptible to such nonsense, because they already believe the earth is 6000 years old and God made man from dust and woman from a rib, yet they’re flocking in line by the anti-religious Trump, who has spat on Christianity in every way imaginable throughout his long, very public, extremely well-documented career. A very large percentage of the population (and I won’t necessarily claim they are all “deplorables”) just hear what they want to hear, because there were much better, more authentic vessels of Christianity and patriotism in the Republican primary. At this point, the only logic reason for Trump’s ascendency (besides being the most well-known person running) is that he was the most racist, xenophobic, misogynistic candidate, and that’s what powers the Republican party and, indeed, nearly 50% of America – who cares if he’s religious or loves America, so long as he most demonstratively hates what is (supposedly) destroying America?

Just to be fair, Sanders built up nearly as powerful of a cult of personality (you see all those pathetic people crying at the DNC over his loss?) that might even be more puzzling than Trump's, considering Sanders' followers are far less religious and much better educated. That is the one positive for Clinton, because so few people feel as passionately about her as Trump and Clinton that she will be one of the least powerful presidents ever, regardless of what happens with Congress. The American public is not going to let her get away with anything, because it's not in love with her, like they are/were Trump and Sanders. Yet at the same time, it is also the #1 characteristic about her that could keep her out of office, as passionate people show up to the polling booths, whereas you never know with people who say "Well, at least she's not Trump."

Personally, I’m not much of a leader, but I’m sure as hell not a follower, so his magic tricks wouldn’t work on me even if believed in his policies. NOBODY motivates me to do anything. I see Clinton as the best realistic option in this election, but if she told me to do something I didn’t want to do, I’d tell her to go jump off a bridge, just like I’d tell Obama or Sanders or MLK or Gandhi or Mother Teresa. I’m not remotely star struck, I hardly believe in any causes or have any non-scientific beliefs at all – I just really don’t give a damn, particularly when it comes to what charismatic “leaders” tell me, and I don’t really understand how people can have such simplistic minds to follow these people like ducklings behind a mother duck. I can’t even begin to imagine having a mind so weak as to behave like the typical Trump rally attendee (or for that matter, some Obama or Clinton supporters).

And remember, I’m on this site because I’m pathetic with women and undoubtedly one of the most desperate men on earth, but if a gorgeous Trump supporter said she’d date me if I’d vote for Trump, I’d tell her to go jump off a bridge. As little as I care about life, why would I contribute to my long term misery just for short term gain?

“I've had people tell me if there was racism in this country, there would have been attempts on Obama.”

There have been a number of plots against his life, but all were foiled by Secret Service and other federal authorities before they even got to the point of being a realistic threat. It IS rather surprising that no one came remotely as close as Hinckley did with Reagan, given as many people that hate Obama with an undying passion, but maybe this is just as sign of how good protective services and surveillance have become over the past 35 years – almost no criminal can get away with anything anymore with surveillance cameras nearly everywhere. I also think to some extent Obama’s greatest enemies like having him around, so they’ll have someone perfect to blame for, well, everything. For the most part, we are talking about logical people here, yet nearly all presidential assassins (and wannabes) have been either clearly insane (Hinckley, Czolgosz, Guiteau) or without a true political animosity motive (Oswald). Obvious exception: Booth, who certainly hated Lincoln for political reasons. I’ve been around plenty of Obama haters who had no problems admitting to my face they’d like to see him dead, but most of them are too pathetic to actually come up with a plan that could accomplish that goal in modern times. But 50, 100 years ago, when it was much easier to get within danger distance with a weapon? Obama would probably have been dead several times over by now.
 flman2015
Msg: 366
Racist duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/15/2016 5:01:37 PM

This made a lot more sense prior to the modern information age when it was possible to awe a crowd with a smoke trick. Nowadays people have access to so much information at their fingertips alone that nearly the entire population is hyper-skeptical, not to mention less religious than ever, as religion has often been used by leaders to control their followers, but that just doesn’t cut it much anymore (outside of the Muslim world, obviously).

But, as usual, a sword cuts both ways. The technology that enables information at anyone's fingertips is also the technology that enables undesirables to spread lies, hatred, dishonesty, malice, false accusations, etc, etc.

A significant number of people have enough education, reasoning skills, moral and ethical resiliency not to be significantly affected by widespread lies and misinformation but, as this election has clearly demonstrated, there is a significant percentage of people who are easily and terminally misled by such lies and misinformation resulting in more hatred surfacing than most people would have ever imagined existed in this country.

As far as less religious than ever, it is a fact that there are more atheists in this country than ever before but, I suspect there is more religious extremism here than meets the eye too. Consider Pence's statement:

I'm a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican, in that order

The one thing Pence has in common with Islamic extremists is that they both put religion above everything else and, no one pointed that out nor criticized him for it. Too boot, he even places his political party above the country and its citizens. Again, no one said anything about that. I believe it is rather reasonable to expect someone in Pence's position (or similar) to (at least) place the well being of the country and its citizens above that of a political party. Apparently, that is too much to expect.

It seems truer than ever that information, or more accurately, lies and misinformation have never been as effective to control and mislead people as they are now.

Trump, who has spat on Christianity in every way imaginable throughout his long, very public, extremely well-documented career.

I strongly suspect that if you ask a religious racist duck supporter whether or not racist duck is religious, their answer will be an adamant yes. They don't see nor, do they want to see, the true racist duck, instead they see Cheeto Moses the Messiah.

At this point, the only logic reason for Trump’s ascendency (besides being the most well-known person running) is that he was the most racist, xenophobic, misogynistic candidate

In support of the previous statement I made above, there are black people who will maintain that racist duck is not racist even when proof of it is put in front of them. We even have one of those around here.

Ask a racist duck supporter if racist duck is crooked, their response will vary from "no" to "not as crooked as HC" which is patently false in both cases. Ask them if racist duck is xenophobic, sexist, ethicist, dishonest, deceitful, etc, etc, and, the answer will again be "no" even though they know that the truthful answer is a resounding "yes" in every instance.

Supporting an individual like racist duck is inexcusable and genuinely deplorable.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 367
Posted: 9/15/2016 6:53:35 PM
@# 374

Just to be fair, Sanders built up nearly as powerful of a cult of personality (you see all those pathetic people crying at the DNC over his loss?) that might even be more puzzling than Trump's, considering Sanders' followers are far less religious and much better educated.

You keep overlooking the fact that many pple on both parties are Friggin fed up with the "politics as usual" operatives.
The 1 thing Sanders and Trump have in common is that they claim to be political OUTSIDERS, not beholden to special interests, which served as a major reason for their respective success in the polls.

There is no doubt that committed racists, xenophobes support Trump; but not everyone who supports Trump is racist or xenophobic as those out of the left are tarring them as. Here in NY, there are quite a few pple who fall in the latter category (some are not white), but who are sick of political lip service they've been given.

Despite how distasteful Trump comes across; some of his points have merit (immigration issues, trade deficit issues) and have resonated with those outside the "sphere" of hate; just because everyone else has swept them under the political rug.

If Trump had a more affable demeanor, and a more polished way of delivering his messages; he would very likely be leading HC in the polls easily. Likewise, if Sanders had been the Dem nominee, I think he'd be well ahead in the polls over Trump because none of this e-mail & corruption stuff would have been an issue that is clouding the waters now for the Dems.

The notion that voting for HC is the "logical" thing to do (because Trump is this or that), has not "sat" well in the minds of many perturbed undecided voters, not because most don't realize what Trump really is like; but because they likewise believe that HC is not what she tries to portray herself as!
 kj521
Msg: 368
Posted: 9/15/2016 6:57:33 PM
Yikes! Mr. Yule!

I hope you look good in feathers, too. :/

You should probably get back to painting the roses red. :)

I have to go....I have a white Rabbit to catch! :D
 HawkingJr
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2016 7:17:38 AM
“The technology that enables information at anyone's fingertips is also the technology that enables undesirables to spread lies, hatred, dishonesty, malice, false accusations, etc, etc.”

In other words, when presented with a choice, people hear what they want to hear.

“The notion that voting for HC is the ‘logical’ thing to do (because Trump is this or that), has not ‘sat’ well in the minds of many perturbed undecided voters, not because most don't realize what Trump really is like; but because they likewise believe that HC is not what she tries to portray herself as!”

“logic” is voting for your own best interests. Obama is polling at 50%+, almost 60% in one of the latest surveys, and Clinton’s agenda is a continuation of his – so says Clinton, so says Obama, so says Sanders, so says Trump and the vast majority of Republicans. Obama and his progressive policies got 53% of the vote in the last election. Surveys overwhelmingly claim that Americans support progressive social policies over conservative, including with the Supreme Court, which Trump has promised to make much more conservative. Clinton, Stein and socially progressive Johnson combined have 15 to 20 more points than Trump in almost every survey. If personalities had nothing to do with this election, the generic Democrat would be bulldozing the generic Republican – this is now without a doubt a slightly left-of-center country, at least during presidential election years. Trump should lose, not because he’s a terrible person or a worse human being than Clinton, but because America wants Clinton’s policies more than it wants Trump’s. The progressives not voting for Clinton because they don’t trust her or hate her personally are illogically voting against their own best interest by contributing to the installation in power of a person they consider equally appalling in personality but also completely disagree with politically. What sense does that make? That’s the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Arguably the best thing that could have happened is for this election to become frighteningly close, because there was always the very real possibility many progressives were going to sit at home or make protest votes if they thought there was no way that Trump would be elected, but now that they see it is a real possibility, many of the 20 points worth that could stomach neither might find themselves forced to make a more logical election day vote that is actually in their own best interest.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2016 3:08:38 PM
One of the best descriptions I've ever read of the difference between Republicans and Democrats in this race (it was written by a former Florida Republican lawmaker):

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/dockery-why-are-some-voters-so-angry/2293745

"Democratic voters seem to be more issue-oriented and fact-based. If they disagree with their party nominee on key issues, they might choose not to vote. They care more about the environment, renewable energy, criminal justice reform, universal health care and economic inequality.

Tolerant on social issues, they support gay rights, immigration, racial equality and women's reproductive rights. They are harder to motivate with emotional pleas but respond better to social or economic equality than to fear.

Republican voters seem to choose candidates based more on their personalities and images. They're much more loyal to party and will likely vote for a candidate they dislike. They consider other Republicans traitors if they don't support the nominee.

They're moved less by facts than emotions and respond strongly to fear and anger. They are less tolerant of other views and defend their hard-line stances as being an adherence to principle. Issues related to emotions — safety, security and patriotism — excite the base. Their positions on social issues are based on their religious views and they are less accepting of different views, cultures or lifestyles."
Msg: 371
Posted: 9/19/2016 8:01:48 AM
^^^^ Repubs used to be the educated party . . but now being anti science, anti-reason . . . this may well be a good description. I think the Democrats are corrupt to their cores . . . but I can't stand the anti fact BS from the republican side. Just wish a Third Party really had a chance for things to take hold.
 gtomustang
Msg: 372
Posted: 9/19/2016 5:05:33 PM
The Dems made the mistake of following the Reps in the chase for corporate cash. As for a Third Party, they had a chance this time--Tea Party in the Legislative Branch, Chump could have made the Executive Branch and then picked for the Judicial Branch. Because that's the problem with a spoiler making the White House, both parties in Congress might actually agree on something for once--to stall the Oval Office.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 373
Posted: 9/19/2016 5:52:36 PM

Just wish a Third Party really had a chance for things to take hold.

you grow a 3rd party from the ground(grass roots) on up, not from the top down.
Any 3rd party POTUS would get hostilities from both sides of the isle, as both would seek to make his stay a failure.
When Americans begin to vote for 3rd party candidates in state and local levels, then that will the foundation for a 3rd party movement.
 Coma_White
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2016 9:58:04 PM
There was a third party. William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Millard Fillmore belonged to it. It's too bad it didn't stay together.
 deetristate
Msg: 375
Posted: 9/20/2016 3:42:56 AM
Supreme Court appointments affect long after the person appointing them is out of office. That is why even never trumpers are changing their positions.

HClinton needs to stop talking about Trump and talk about her issues. She is even losing more of the free college for all group by not doing that.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread