Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HawkingJr
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Donald Trump is a Fraud ThreadPage 16 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
“There was a third party. William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, and Millard Fillmore belonged to it. It's too bad it didn't stay together.”

The Whigs weren’t a third party. They were one of the two major parties after the Democratic-Republican party split in half following the Era of Good Feelings during which there was only one major party. The current Republican Party was the third party when it came on the scene during the run-up to the Civil War and quickly wiped out the Whigs, taking over as the new second major party in opposition to the Democratic Party (the other half of the Democratic-Republican split). Really, it’s difficult to say there was a such thing as a significant “third party” in the modern sense prior to Lincoln’s election, because before that there was no real two party system with enough stability for new parties to be considered uncompetitive, as there were a half dozen different “major” parties formed between Washington’s 1789 non-partisan election and Lincoln’s 70 years later that continuously rose and vanished. Once the modern Democratic Party and modern Republican Party got a stranglehold on elections, then we can start talking about true strong “third parties,” such as the Greenback Party, the Know Nothing Party, the Liberal Republican Party, the Progressive Party, the American Independent Party and the Reform Party.

Unless another Perot shows up or the American electoral system is substantially reformed, the only real chance of a third party truly being competitive would probably be if a prominent, charismatic member of a current party split off and founded a new one. I don’t know how much I agree with Yule about the ground on up requirement. The Reform Party started with Perot at the top and would still be a dominant force in politics today due to its centrist nature if not for so much idiocy and foolish mistakes (including Perot temporarily leaving the 1992 election over a crackpot conspiracy) that started making it look like a joke – which is also the Libertarian Party’s problem. A moderate Republican-moderate Democratic combination into a new party would be formidable considering the plurality of Americans are social liberals and fiscal conservatives, which neither major party caters to regularly – in fact, both have a bad tendency to kick out RINOs and DINOs. Maybe that should be the name of the party: RINO-DINO, with rhinos and dinosaurs as mascots (hey, donkeys were supposed to be derogatory for the Democratic Party but crazy Andrew Jackson thought it was cool, so it stuck to this day).

“Supreme Court appointments affect long after the person appointing them is out of office. That is why even never trumpers are changing their positions.”

I think a lot of #NeverTrumpers are more concerned that the short term damage such a terrible president could do would be so bad that there would be no point in worrying about what would happen on the Supreme Court 20 years down the road. Nuclear wars and all.

“HClinton needs to stop talking about Trump and talk about her issues.”

Her number one issue is Trump, who won’t stop talking about her and talk about his issues instead. This is obviously not an issue election, or else Clinton would be winning by 10+ points, considering the majority of Americans support her former boss and his positions, which are mostly her positions. This election is, unfortunately, about who would be the worst president, and I don’t think it’s wise for Clinton to let wishy-washy voters forget how many ridiculous, dangerous things Trump has said and done, considering Trump won’t let his supporters forget what Clinton supposedly has done. I honestly don’t think many Obama supporters who are #NeverClintoners would ever vote for her no matter what she says or does, except if they truly have the fear of God put in them about what America will be like under Trump and that they truly come to believe that might happen. Which is why I say the closeness of this race is a good thing.
 Maleman999
Msg: 377
Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:58:30 AM
How many years has Trump spent, publicly saying and trying to prove Obama is not American? And then when he finally fesses up and says he's American, there is no apology or admission he was wrong-which doesn't surprise me or anybody else, since he's too much of an a-hole to do such a thing. How will that play out if he's president and starts insulting and making up lies about leaders of other countries? People in other countries will start to think that the Americans are the real terrorists that are a threat to world peace-especially if Trump maintains the attitude that there's nothing wrong with using nuclear weapons to destroy anybody he doesn't like. And yet, about half of Americans thinks he's Mister Wonderful who will save them from the boogeyman and turn the U.S. into the Garden of Eden.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 378
Posted: 9/20/2016 8:19:24 AM

Which is why I say the closeness of this race is a good thing.

I kind of think you're underestimating the damage Trump's candidacy alone is doing to your country. The rest of the world looks at it as an indication that the US isn't exactly a stable place to invest. The closer the election is, the worse it is for you.

I'll give you an example: housing prices in this city are being massively skewed by money coming in from China looking for a safe haven. 3 hours south of us, Seattle is an important city in world terms; we're as important as Columbus Ohio. Our housing prices are twice as high as Seattle's. I'm convinced that if there wasn't a chance of President Trump, much of that money would be going to Seattle and Portland.
 gtomustang
Msg: 379
Posted: 9/20/2016 10:09:59 AM
"The only real chance of a third party truly being competitive would probably be if a prominent, charismatic member of a current party split off and founded a new one."

>>interestingly enough, the Reform Party has a history, that includes Pat Buchanan and Donald Trump, who likely has a database of supporters he'll sell and tap into forever. PB and DT also splintered off the GOP and jumped into the Reform Party like it was a magic coat to wear and see what it could do--then throw away:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reform_Party_of_the_United_States_of_America

I too have to submit, a grass roots event doesn't have to come from the bottom. D1ck Armey's FreedomWorks kept the Tea Party from disappearing into the dustbin of history.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Tea-Party-movement

Throughout history, a rebellion that doesn't want to rule by the gun needs the support of the hoi polloi, who usually doesn't have the money, military training (if it goes that far) and leadership to survive taking on the Establishment. The Internet has changed things only a little bit, but there still has to be a good leader, as the outcomes of the Arab Spring has shown--only Tunisia hasn't turned into turmoil. The problem with many revolutions is they are started by people who want things their way...and ya just can't please all the people all the time. Single issue revolts can be swallowed up by an Establishment willing to make token changes. That's how the Establishment stays that way--co-opting the rivals.

If HC talks about her issues, then she's playing Chump's game. Let Chump talk about her issues. She can make Chump THE issue, b/c honestly, that's where the vote lies. There will be more people voting for her to not put Chump into office, than to put the first woman in office or b/c they actually like her.

Smart people in the world already worry about America's cowboy foreign policy since 2003, but as far as investment is concerned...we're at the moment the only game in town. For example, Russia is about as "out there", but there isn't exactly an FDIC warrantee on investing in Russian oilogarchs. China? You have to know the right people to avoid losing your profits 5 years from now.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2016 7:23:18 AM
“I kind of think you're underestimating the damage Trump's candidacy alone is doing to your country.”

Well, certainly the point is for the race to seem so close that it scares progressives into turning it into a Clinton blowout – nobody wants a close final result. But there’s nothing 75% of the population can do about the fact that Trump is a major party nominee, now or for the next two months. If that’s hurting America, then all the rest of us can do is shrug and point at the hillbillies that control the Republican Party, which is a private organization and can kind of do what they want, despite so many federal and states laws pertaining to it.
 John252817
Msg: 381
Posted: 9/21/2016 12:24:50 PM
"and point at the hillbillies that control the Republican Party"

^^^^^^^ I guess we will always be reminded of racist remarks in this country. Deplorable, hillbillies, guess it depends on which day one is used.
 flman2015
Msg: 382
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/21/2016 12:49:29 PM

"and point at the hillbillies that control the Republican Party"

^^^^^^^ I guess we will always be reminded of racist remarks in this country. Deplorable, hillbillies, guess it depends on which day one is used.

Caligula duck deplorables are amusing. FYI, the term "hillbilly" is considered derogatory but not racist. Here is a definition from Merriam Webster

a person who lives in the country far away from cities and who is often regarded as someone who lacks education, who is stupid, etc.

The lack of education is apparent given that the term is not associated with race. Hillbilly is, in most cases, pejorative but not racist. Individuals who were educated _in_ a school instead of _in front of it_ know that. I said in most cases, because when it comes to comparing them with caligula duck deplorables they would have a genuine reason to be offended, after all, lack of education does not in any way imply lack of decency.

Incidentally, that definition explains why caligula duck does well among uneducated and poorly educated voters.

The same way, the word deplorable does not allude to race. Again, Merriam Webster comes to the rescue of those with deplorable education...

Simple definition: very bad in a way that causes shock, fear, or disgust : deserving to be deplored

2: deserving censure or contempt

Again, race isn't a factor in the definition. Examples of individuals from various races who legitimately qualify as deplorable are more common than decent people estimated.

Lastly, it's rather amusing how caligula duck deplorables complain that the term "hillbilly" is racist (which some know now, it isn't) but, they never complain about associating an ethnic group or nationality with being criminals and rapists. It takes verbal methane to build such a solid foundation for their complaint.
 John252817
Msg: 383
Racist remarks
Posted: 9/21/2016 1:05:19 PM
"hillbilly" is racist (which some know now, it isn't)"

^^^^ Yes, it is a racist remark, but I do understand why some Hillary supporters will defend that it isn't. You may want to look for other definitions and in doing so, look at the context in which it was written. If a republican would have written that post, the liberals would have been out in force calling it racist, which they would have been correct. Oh for the blinders that some people have on....Yikes!
 Maleman999
Msg: 384
Racist remarks
Posted: 9/21/2016 1:27:33 PM
Maybe Skittle Eaters would be a better term than Hillbilly.
 chameleonf
Msg: 385
Racist remarks
Posted: 9/21/2016 2:01:27 PM
Apparently Trump and his supporters are tired of political correctness. It's one of their standbys they use as a reason for accepting the crap that he spews. Therefore, he nor they should have a problem when unpolitically correct terms are used as descriptors for said statements and behaviours.
 ytubftjfdhd2
Msg: 386
Racist remarks
Posted: 9/21/2016 2:05:36 PM
It seems the Press is starting to call him and his surrogates out for lying, which is something they generally do whenever he/they open their mouths. Its about time.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2016 2:28:21 PM
Now, now, John. Although the vast majority of hillbillies are certainly white (as are the vast majority of Trump supporters), trust me as a person born and raise in rural Alabama: there are black hillbillies. (Take Dee, for instance.) The term is surely no more racist than, say, “thug,” right? Or “D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty”? Or what about “The Kenyan”? Or “Pocahontas”?

You sure do have a thin skin for a Trump supporter. Aren’t you supposed to be all about name calling? Your god does it all the time. “Little Marco,” “Pocahontas,” “Lyin’ Ted.” Come on, John, get in on the fun! Trump would completely appreciate me calling you “Hillbilly John” and many of his other supporters “hillbillies.” How can he not? Surely after all the names he’s called people, you don’t guys don’t find that... deplorable?

You gonna punch me over this, John? No problem – Trump will bail you out.
 flman2015
Msg: 388
Caligula duck is a charitable Fraud
Posted: 9/21/2016 3:17:16 PM

You gonna punch me over this, John? No problem – Trump will bail you out.

More likely, it will be the Caligula duck's "charity" foundation that will bail him out. (That seems to be what it's for.)
 gtomustang
Msg: 389
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/21/2016 6:05:24 PM
So, a hillbilly lives far from the city, and lacks education.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/international/2016/09/20/trump-seeks-support-rural-towns/

http://www.inquisitr.com/2610326/donald-trump-supporters-mostly-uneducated-new-poll-finds/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

sounds like its not racist at all, just an acceptance of the facts. Trumpets tend to be from the rural areas, which have typically been last to the table during economic upswings, giving them the idea the economy is leaving them behind. It fits with why Sander's, Stein's, and Johnson's anti Establishment campaigns never spoke to them like Chump's xenophobia and misogyny salted anti Establishment while buying the Establishment message.

If the facts are insulting, who's fault is that? Or we could just conveniently ignore the facts. Hmm, there's a political group that does that very thing....

John252817
Msg: 390
Hillary supporters getting desparate
Posted: 9/21/2016 7:25:37 PM
Hawking, thank you for totally deflecting, you kinda do it well. Just to be sure, that is definitely not a compliment. I do hope when Hillary is defeated that you don't move to Canada as some have promised to do. Hang in there, things are going to be ok. You nor I are deplorable people, hopefully those who feel that way are only using that as a "cool" campaign slogan. Says a lot about someone saying that word but I am going to think it is funny to them and they are using that as a rallying cry. I know with the mess that Hillary is in that people do go to extremes. Ya, that's it!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 391
Hillary supporters getting desparate
Posted: 9/21/2016 9:11:57 PM

By contrast, in North Carolina "Democrats made up 40 percent of the ballots returned so far compared to 33 percent for Republicans. At this point in 2012, Republicans were running slightly ahead, 43 percent to 38 percent, in ballots submitted."

Ballots returned is a different (and more important) metric than ballots requested, and it's a positive sign for Clinton that she's doing better in North Carolina than Obama did four years ago.

Ohio doesn't break things down by party, but I think there's reason to believe that Clinton is doing well there, too.

In Ohio, election officials reported Monday that more than 524,000 voters had submitted absentee ballot applications. That's up from nearly 485,000 during a similar period in 2012, when a record 1.87 million absentee ballots ultimately were cast by mail and in person, according to the secretary of state's office.

The reason I suspect this is good news is that I can see that requests from Republicans are flat in Iowa and that returns are down in North Carolina. In addition, Democrats tend to utilize early voting more. Therefore, an increase in overall requests in Ohio suggests an advantage for Clinton and less of a probability of the enthusiasm drop-off we see in Iowa.

Overall, the data here provide a mixed and ambiguous message. There's definitely a problem in Iowa, which we've seen reflected in the polls. But, in this trio of states, Iowa has the fewest Electoral Votes and is therefore the least important. Signs of strength in North Carolina more than offset concerns about Iowa, and the numbers out of Ohio may be hard to gauge but they're not immediately troublesome for the Clinton campaign.

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2016/9/21/131935/814

N.B.--John, your role as Nostradamus hasn't been too spot on this past year. Maybe you should find a new way to pass time? I personally am still waitin' for Hill to resign or Uncle Joe to run.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 392
Posted: 9/22/2016 3:21:11 AM

Msg: 386
How many years has Trump spent, publicly saying and trying to prove Obama is not American? And then when he finally fesses up and says he's American, there is no apology or admission he was wrong-which doesn't surprise me or anybody else, since he's too much of an a-hole to do such a thing. How will that play out if he's president and starts insulting and making up lies about leaders of other countries? People in other countries will start to think that the Americans are the real terrorists that are a threat to world peace-especially if Trump maintains the attitude that there's nothing wrong with using nuclear weapons to destroy anybody he doesn't like. And yet, about half of Americans thinks he's Mister Wonderful who will save them from the boogeyman and turn the U.S. into the Garden of Eden.

Which Comrade Trump do you like?

https://youtu.be/YbPvzFj2eHU
 stårdust
Msg: 393
Posted: 9/22/2016 8:08:08 PM
I would sooner drink a gallon of bleach before I voted for either of them.

I hear you. The thing is, one of them will be elected. So the best any of us can do is choose the so-called lesser of two evils.

The other day it occurred to me that Trump looks like an Oompa-Loompa. A quick search revealed that some others thought so too as shown in this Jimmy Kimmel Live! clip.

The Troompa Loompas Sing About Name Calling - youtube.com/watch?v=rjUag6zlN64
 flman2015
Msg: 394
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:59:40 PM

You nor I are deplorable people

LOL... gotta love how deplorables evade facts. That statement is such a nice example of grossly overcompensating for supporting a piece of trash for president using denial by self-flattery. Rather unfortunate that such talent isn't put to better use, such as selecting a decent candidate for president.

everyone else found out that she is as big a criminal as he is

That looks like a sample of caligula duck's hyperbolic claims. Fact is, neither is a criminal, at least not at this time.

I would sooner drink a gallon of bleach before I voted for either of them

Now that you mention it... the deplorables should do that, it might clear their mind thereby enabling them to make cleaner choices.
 mega656575
Msg: 395
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:18:05 AM
There is enough out there to indict the **stard. Maybe the NY AG will have the guts to do so?
 gtomustang
Msg: 396
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/23/2016 10:19:12 AM
Its not real until John posts over and over again about how the FBI is ready any day now to start filing charges, and posts also how the GOP is really scared they're going to lose their own candidate. And posts again that the FBI is going to have the candidate in handcuffs any second now.

I'm surprised he hasn't begun posting it yet. He must be getting all the facts together. But soon, John will be bringing us up to date on the FBI charges, as soon as he finds them. then stand back, it will be like Groundhog Day, he'll mention it every chance he can. You might even get sick of hearing about Chump's illegal activity, he'll mention it so much.
 fh7ddj7dchud55
Msg: 397
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/23/2016 1:05:39 PM
John is entitled to speak . . . but anybody who shows so much support for a man like Trump vs. Hillary . . . you have to wonder about. Trump is such a despicable man . . the most dishonest politician ever to run for the Presidency . . A fraud by almost all measures. . . I just don't see how John can ignroe that and point out the flaws of Hillary instead. Hillary is a Saint when compared to Trump. And far, far, far more intelligent and experienced and knowledgeable. The thought of Trump being President. . . Literally makes me sick to my stomach.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 398
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:17:29 PM

Msg: 406
Its not real until John posts over and over again about how the FBI is ready any day now to start filing charges, and posts also how the GOP is really scared they're going to lose their own candidate. And posts again that the FBI is going to have the candidate in handcuffs any second now.

I'm surprised he hasn't begun posting it yet. He must be getting all the facts together. But soon, John will be bringing us up to date on the FBI charges, as soon as he finds them. then stand back, it will be like Groundhog Day, he'll mention it every chance he can. You might even get sick of hearing about Chump's illegal activity, he'll mention it so much.

And talking about illegal activities, maybe John will post about Chris Christie telling his subordinates to setup private email accounts, while criticising Clinton on her use of personal accounts. Hypocrites.

Gov. Chris Christie aides told top Port Authority official David Wildstein to use private email account :

What a big hypocrite!

A former Port Authority official with close ties to Gov. Chris Christie said Friday senior staffers in Trenton told him to use personal email for government business.

Christie, now a major player behind the scenes of Donald Trump's campaign for president, has repeatedly slammed Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server while serving as Secretary of State, accusing her of trying to sidestep disclosure laws.

But testifying Friday under a cooperation agreement with the government in the Bridgegate trial, Christie pal David Wildstein said he and former Christie aide Bridget Kelly typically corresponded using their personal email accounts — as they’d been urged to do by Christie’s office

“What had been explained to me was that personal emails weren't discoverable in a (Freedom of Information) or public records request,” Wildstein said. “I had received those instructions from numerous people at the governor's office.”

Christie slammed Clinton for essentially the same practice during his over-the-top prosecutorial speech at the Republican National Convention.

"Hillary Clinton cared more about protecting her own secrets than she did about protecting America's secrets. Then she lied about it over and over and over again," Christie said in July.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chris-christie-aides-told-top-pa-official-private-email-article-1.2803877
 John252817
Msg: 399
Posted: 9/23/2016 8:47:20 PM
Yikes, I see the liberal posters above are really starting to worry maybe for the first time about Hillary. Not sure why it took so long but late is better then never. Hang in there and please don't move, it will all be ok for everyone. Start with a snickers bar......better??
 flman2015
Msg: 400
Caligula duck is a Fraud
Posted: 9/23/2016 9:02:33 PM

I see the liberal posters above are really starting to worry

it's not just liberals that worry about caligula duck being elected, all decent people do, such as republican Sally Bradshaw who stated

I can’t look my children in the eye and tell them I voted for Donald Trump.

and she is far from the only one who feels that way or similarly. Unlike the deplorables, she is a good example of someone who doesn't allow lies and dishonesty to cloud her judgement and compromise her decency.

ETA:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVV

"I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father. And that pledge was not a blanket commitment that if you go and slander and attack Heidi, that I am going nonetheless come like a servile puppy dog and say, "thank you very much" for maligning my wife and maligning my father."

A son and husband supporting an individual that does the above... truly deplorable!... he forgot to say "thank you very much".
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread