Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 497
view profile
History
it's all about SCOTUSPage 21 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Nobody really knows what, if anything, Cinnamon Hitler would do if he became president. All he seems to care about is winning, and he shows no interest at all in being anything other than a figurehead. His being president is the sum total of what he thinks will Make America Great Again.

That, and his tendency to select advisors from his own employees and from the ranks of those he wants to put the blocks to, make the guidance of his executive staff an open question. And, let's face it, he's made a lot of enemies in Congress and done absolutely zero to create working relationships there.

He's not likely to get a lot of what he wants done - but then he doesn't seem very aware of what he wants.

Only what will help him WIIINNN!!!
ED BEAR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 498
view profile
History
it's all about SCOTUS
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:59:57 AM

Nobody really knows what, if anything, Cinnamon Hitler would do if he became president. All he seems to care about is winning, and he shows no interest at all in being anything other than a figurehead. His being president is the sum total of what he thinks will Make America Great Again.

Trump wants to become President so he can brand the USA forever with his name TRUMP. IMO he could care less about issues that don't directly affect him.

It's pretty simple, he doesn't seem to care about anything outside of his brand, his family and making money, and he uses any means available to enhance what he cares about. The truth for Trump is all about what his can use to convince someone to help out his brand, he is all about the short term effects.

What amazes me is that although he has some spectacular failures, his style also works to get him some huge successes as well. I would have thought anyone could have seen through how phony he is, but obviously for many if what he says appeals to them, that is all those people care about regardless of truthfulness and statements.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 499
Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:30:41 AM

Msg: 520
I would have thought anyone could have seen through how phony he is, but obviously for many if what he says appeals to them, that is all those people care about regardless of truthfulness and statements.

I didn’t think any rational person would consider voting for Tic Tac Trump, after he said “he could stand in the middle of fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and not lose votes”. I guess I was wrong. People are so enamored with reality TV, that for them, this election is like watching a combination of the Kim Kartrashian Klan with the Jerry Springer Show.
 Maleman999
Msg: 500
it's all about SCOTUS
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:41:06 AM
The Trump brand is not doing that great in some areas, so it's iffy if being president enhances or makes his brand worse. I guess it would largely depend on what he does if he becomes president. If he continues on his hate tirades and threatens to go to war with any country that doesn't like him, his brand would probably go down the tubes. But I can't see him suddenly becoming rational, clear thinking, compassionate, honest, and doing what's best for the country-instead of doing what's best for himself-between now and when the final vote is cast. I wonder if he's going to have a gem studded crown made for him with a matching scepter if he becomes president.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 501
it's all about SCOTUS
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:55:53 AM

Msg: 522
The Trump brand is not doing that great in some areas, so it's iffy if being president enhances or makes his brand worse. I guess it would largely depend on what he does if he becomes president. If he continues on his hate tirades and threatens to go to war with any country that doesn't like him, his brand would probably go down the tubes. But I can't see him suddenly becoming rational, clear thinking, compassionate, honest, and doing what's best for the country-instead of doing what's best for himself-between now and when the final vote is cast. I wonder if he's going to have a gem studded crown made for him with a matching scepter if he becomes president.

Here is a picture of Tic Tac Trump wearing a gem studded crown made especially for him.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/opinion/cartoon/hands-on-wisconsin-donald-trump-stars-in-a-the-latest/article_b5fdd357-b8ad-5e20-a498-c9a454cdf08a.html
 chameleonf
Msg: 502
Posted: 11/4/2016 9:10:06 AM

I didn’t think any rational person would consider voting for Tic Tac Trump, after he said “he could stand in the middle of fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and not lose votes”. I guess I was wrong. People are so enamored with reality TV, that for them, this election is like watching a combination of the Kim Kartrashian Klan with the Jerry Springer Show.

Speaking of "shooting someone" and irrational people, here's yet another appalling example of the type of phobia laden, red neck, unintelligent, "well armed militia" that slathers Trump with adoration. Seems he's awoken something akin to a virus:

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/a-militia-gets-battle-ready-for-a-%e2%80%98gun-grabbing%e2%80%99-clinton-presidency/ar-AAjSSa0?li=AAggNb9&ocid=u143dhp
 BBEisBack
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 2:56:00 PM
Do you have to spam every Trump/Hilary thread with this?
 chameleonf
Msg: 504
Posted: 11/4/2016 4:10:04 PM

Do you have to spam every Trump/Hilary thread with this?

Nope, but it's obvious it cluttered your brain by doing so a whole two times for different reasons.

vvvv Yup, I see the same kind of pattern emerging. I'll cease and desist...or at the very least resist, or it might wind up digressing to a "you started it first" type of whine by a usual suspect.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 505
Posted: 11/4/2016 4:17:49 PM

Nope, but it's obvious it cluttered your brain by doing so a whole two times for different reasons.

Careful chame, this is where the trolling and stalking starts. (and the whining and byatching if you do it back)
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 506
Posted: 11/4/2016 8:00:59 PM
And here's another story today of another armed Trump supporter:

Are these Trumped-up charges?

A Michigan man has been charged with seven felonies after he allegedly held six kids at gunpoint, believing they’d damaged a Donald Trump campaign sign in his yard, the Southgate News Herald reported.

Michael Robert Kubek, 56, reportedly called the police on Oct. 29 to report that a group of teens had hit his “Trump for President” lawn sign.

When officers arrived, Kubek wasn’t home, but they heard a lot of yelling on the corner and went to see what was causing the commotion, the Herald reported. They found Kubek yelling and cursing at a group of adolescents ages 12 to 14, who were sitting on some grass in front of a house, police said.

Kubek accused the youths of damaging his Trump sign, but admitted that he hadn’t seen any of them actually do it and didn’t have security cameras that could prove who destroyed the sign, according to officers.

Police said there is no evidence that proves the kids were involved in vandalizing the sign, WDIV TV reported.

Officers sent Kubek home while they questioned the kids, who had reportedly told him they didn’t touch his sign. He didn’t believe them, they said. Then they alleged that he’d pointed a gun at them while his mother called the police.

When the officers questioned Kubek about this, he showed them an unloaded Sig Sauer 9 mm P938, according to the Detroit Free Press.

“He said it was unloaded and still in the holster when pulled from his waist,” Allen Park Police Det. Lt. Dave Williams told the paper.

Kubek told police he “felt threatened by the juveniles because he was outnumbered” and “stated that his intention was to scare the juveniles,” a news release issued by the department stated.

He also said that his house had been egged and political signs in front of it had been destroyed a week earlier, according to RawStory.

Kubek was arraigned on Tuesday. He was charged with six counts of assault with a dangerous weapon and one count of felony firearm possession.

His next court date is a probable cause hearing scheduled for Dec. 5.

Holding 12 year olds at gunpoint. There was also the story about the guy with the gun in Virginia accosting everyone who went to vote early. While wearing a Trump shirt.
 Deplorable1
Msg: 507
Donald Trump is President Thread
Posted: 11/9/2016 2:14:06 AM
What to take from this?
How a person can believe anything the media says from here on out is beyond explanation.
 gtomustang
Msg: 508
Posted: 11/9/2016 4:50:52 AM
Were you counting Faux News in that media? I don't watch it, so I don't know if they were predicting the outcome.

Over the long view, it might be that America likes two terms of moving from one side of the political spectrum to the other side of it. We may be unable to agree on a middle of the road
 razors_edge55
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2016 12:50:07 PM
I'm not sure we even know what trump wants to do "really" other than say and do anything to "win",,he has changed party's and flip floped so much,one has lost count,and least we forget the "I was joking" line
well the crowd can turn on you in a blink of an eye,,how will he handle that???,I have to wish him luck ,not for him but for the
sake of the country,,
expat sence 2005
 chameleonf
Msg: 510
Posted: 11/9/2016 1:05:16 PM

well the crowd can turn on you in a blink of an eye,,how will he handle that??? ...

Yes, we shall see how they react when, in the first 100 days, the following doesn't come to fruition, as "promised" with a [bigly] "believe me" that followed:
-removing "more than two million criminal illegal immigrants from the country;"
-canceling "every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum, and order issued by President Obama;"
-suspending immigration "from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur;"
-repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act;
-allowing the Keystone XL pipeline to move forward;
-lifting restrictions on fossil fuel production;
-selecting a Supreme Court nominee in the mold of the late Justice Antonin Scalia;
-canceling "billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs;"
-establishing "a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;"
-ending federal funding for sanctuary cities.

...to name but a few of his "promises"...
 Deplorable1
Msg: 511
Posted: 11/10/2016 12:58:14 AM

Were you counting Faux News in that media? I don't watch it,

I don't either. I'll tune in to a couple minutes of OReily for the entertainment value but never watch hannity or fox or smith. Cavuto is pretty neutral Greta was ok.

My biggest beef in this election is with the media and more so the people who take these democrat party affiliates word as they report it as though they are journalists. It's so blatant now that if you can't admit their bias you are a complete idiot.
Its been biased for decades but if this election cycle didn't open your brain, distance this trump supporter from your existence immediately.
 Deplorable1
Msg: 512
Posted: 11/10/2016 1:50:13 AM
Along those same lines, I would like to congratulate late night talk show Comedians. In one night they have told more derogatory president jokes than in all eight years prior to tonight.
Nice to do your jobs for once.
 Jo van
Msg: 513
Posted: 11/10/2016 5:50:44 AM
Yes. people are going to take the piss out of your very-amusing idiotic 'president-elect'.
Get used to it.

He's a bit like the late Tommy Cooper. All he needs to do is stand there, and people will laugh.
His hair's funny.
His pout is funny.
He's funny before he even speaks!.

But then, when he does....
Boy oh boy!
Chump is comedy gold!
Suck it up buttercup. You voted for him.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2016 10:01:01 AM
The Keystone XL pipeline, by my (BC_based) estimation, the least of the evils. If you don't want to see any oil being used at all immediately, opposing it's a no-brainer.

But unlike the Kinder Morgan, Northern Gateway or Energy East proposals, Keystone XL will not put diluted bitumen - which is pretty much impossible to recover after a spill because it sinks - on the oceans. And it will replace miles of tanker trains which would carry the oil less safely and at greater cost; not building Keystone XL will not stop the oil from moving.

And selling Alberta and BC tar sands product - which is very high-sulfur - into the states would see it cleaned up to US standards. Shipping it out to China would see it burned with all its sulphur AND in a place where the prevailing winds would carry it back to the North American west coast.

The technology for very safe pipelines and monitoring, as well as safe routing, exists and has worked extremely well. The legislative will to enforce it is possible.
ED BEAR
 gtomustang
Msg: 515
Why i feel bad for the future of Trump supporters
Posted: 11/10/2016 2:16:30 PM
IF the pipeline is built with cut corners to retain profit, and IF there's a spill like the one in the Gulf of Mexico as a result, then MAYBE it ruins an aquifer or other drinking water source. America's lower Midwest isn't doing well for drinking water, with California and Las Vegas taking it for decades.

What's the record of pipeline spills in North America alone, only counting since 2000? Oh, boy, count how many:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pipeline_accidents_in_the_United_States_in_the_21st_century

no, really, go look at how many, and then explain how safe you feel if you live near the pipeline.

http://www.ecowatch.com/pipeline-spills-2061960029.html

gotta love the line, "In 2015, there were 326 such incidents—almost one per day."

and that assumes fracking earthquakes in Okie from Trump's plan to increase drilling doesn't tear anything new. But hey, let's talk about the water shall we?

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-drought-water-scarcity-2013-5
(take a look at the map, consider the states who voted for Chump, and imagine Sarah Palin as Interior Secretary. What will she do to conserve water by helping the environment? She's really going to help out the Trump supporters, isn't she?)

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/gwdepletion.html
(look at the groundwater depletion map, and consider where the pipeline is going)

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/uranium-contaminates-drinking-water-in-us-west/

Even if we had great water sources out in that pipeline area, there's still the waste made during shipping, so we need more than we think we need in order to make up for what gets lost:

http://investigatemidwest.org/2014/06/23/aging-water-infrastructure-nearing-the-end-of-its-useful-life/

and of course that assumes we don't bottle and sell it elsewhere...like Saudi Arabia as just one example?

http://www.dailynews.com/environment-and-nature/20160328/saudi-arabia-buys-california-farmland-for-the-water

http://thirdworldtraveler.com/Water/Global_Trade_BG.html

so yeah, water tables near the pipeline might be an issue someday. Or sooner.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 516
Posted: 11/12/2016 9:38:24 AM
Keystone pipeline, Kinder Morgan Northern Gateway and Energy East will not transmit sour bitumen. There is no threat out to sea. Also the flaring process consumes the gas no matter where it happens.
It's true Athabasca Oil Sands bitumen and Alberta natural gas is sour (high in sulphur and H2S) but it is not shipped as such.
Upstream processing, amine gas treating, removes the H2S and CO2 to acceptable levels of concentration. This "sweetening" process turns the extracted crude and natural gas from a sour product into a sweet product and there fore safe to transport downstream.
CO2 can be captured for repurposing into other products.
Sulphur which is a bi-product of sour gas and oil processing is scrubbed of H2S and then processed into other products such as fertilizer and concrete and asphalt binders. I have worked on these sulphur processing plants.
I have also worked on the construction of Open Pit and SAG-D Oil Plants and its all about extracting then processing the product to safely travel downstream for further processing into safe products for market.
The excess H2S which is highly deadly in amazingly low concentrations is usually flared off.
By the way H2S is also a bi-product of farms and kills many in rural settings.
Long story short by the time the oil leaves the oil sands it has been scrubbed and free of H2S sour gas.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2016 12:08:59 PM
Doubleknotspy7>> Keystone pipeline, Kinder Morgan Northern Gateway and Energy East will not transmit sour bitumen.

The bitumen intended for Canadian West Coast export by pipeline simply diluted, not upgraded, tar sands oil. (I use "tar sands" rather than "oil sands" because, as a 63-year-old Canadian, I never saw the latter until just a decade ago, when the propaganda wars began.)

"Flaring" natural gas - burning it at the wellhead - releases ALL the hydrogen sulfide immediately. Canadian energy companies are rapidly advancing plans to collect and sell liquefied natural gas, and building a major LNG seaport.

It is true that conventional oil production in Canada has had to scrub H2S; this is much more difficult with diluted bitumen. I don't know how anyone can remove CO2 from oil because it doesn't contain any - the CO2 is created in the combustion of the product. CO2 capture at major combustion sites is possible, but not in the multitude of small engines and sea diesels.

None of that affects my ranking of the shipping options. Let me first stress that I DO NOT SUPPORT SENDING BITUMEN TO SEA FROM WEST COAST PORTS.

I DO live near an oil pipeline: the existing half-century-old Kinder Morgan Trans-Mountain Pipeline. And it has one of the best safety records in the world - in fact, the first significant spill (other than small puddles at pumping stations under repair or upgrading) was in July 2007, when a residential contractor dug into a line. It was in a suburban neighbourhood and, as the workers were not pipeline workers, they failed to report and contain quickly. The result was a massive oil geyser and a toxic mess in city streets and homes.

Kinder Morgan spent $15 million on the cleanup and was also fined $1000 for its share of the responsibility. It was ordered to add another $149K to an environmental fund; the company also contributed another $100K to contractor education workshops. We see about a dozen ads a day on TV warning people to "Call before you dig." And they've been on the air regularly as long as I can remember. And I can remember the Beatles.

Other than that, Trans-mountain's history is excellent: they summarize it at www.transmountain.com/spill-history
All the facts therein easily checked out with other sources.

Kinder Morgan expansion (twinning the pipeline with a larger one, tripling capacity) has advantages over the Norther Gateway route:
- the right of-way is already negotiated
- the right-of-way already has access roads and monitoring/remediation stations
- there are a lot more people around the southern route, so things could not go unnoticed very long compared to the north
- loading tankers in Burnaby (rather than on the wild north coast) is safer, and there are more resources to deal with things in an urban area
- ships in the Vancouver area use a minimum of three tugs, whereas the northern route would allow only two
- politicians and the public are sure as hell going to be maximally motivated to prevent corner-cutting in the province's biggest city and tourist trap

Still, that's only relative to the Northern Gateway route. The Keystone XL route, over land, with the current best practices AND NO SLEAZY CROOKED OVERSIGHT, should be the safest option. Whether you want to just try to stop all oil production is your choice, but doesn't change my opinion on safety ranking.

I'd focus more on stopping regulatory corruption and corner-cutting, and less on imagining an oil-free world will happen instantly.

Hence, the prospect of Trump approving Keystone XL - from this Canadian's viewpoint - is not a worry. There's a LOT more to worry about in Trumplandia.
ED BEAR
 Walts
Msg: 518
Posted: 11/12/2016 12:47:45 PM
Thanks Ed for throwing that up there. ^^^^^

BUT,

I DO live near an oil pipeline: the existing half-century-old Kinder Morgan Trans-Mountain Pipeline. And it has one of the best safety records in the world - in fact, the first significant spill (other than small puddles at pumping stations under repair or upgrading) was in July 2007, when a residential contractor dug into a line. It was in a suburban neighbourhood and, as the workers were not pipeline workers, they failed to report and contain quickly. The result was a massive oil geyser and a toxic mess in city streets and homes

It WAS reported quickly, but, because there was no Kinder Morgan employee onsite(which there was suppose to), the line didn't get shut down as quickly as possible. I won't comment on the rest because I'm "not allowed", including fines, cleanup costs/responsibilities. The "call before you dig" was in place for at least a decade before the hit.

Did you know that Burrard Inlet is going to have to a lot of work done, dregging, and reinstalling the Metro Van watermain that crosses underneath to a deeper depth to get the "new" tankers in and out of the inlet???? Do you know why???? A hint. The tankers WON'T be smaller.
I will also question the so called "safety record". Know that I work in the industry, and I also know more than I can say because of the legalities of it all, and I don't enjoy "Sue". (she can be a biatch ;) ) Most of the problems with any of the oil work in Alberta and here, is the speed of the process or lack of it. $$$$$$, of course is the main reason. Most of us know that progress of any kind is part today's world. Being a little smarter, and a little more accountable is what most are asking for. Even the industry knows that, though they will fight tooth and nail, to save at least a penny.
 gtomustang
Msg: 519
Let's count how many Trump campaign promises are turning into frauds thread
Posted: 11/12/2016 1:30:10 PM
Keystone probably made economic sense when oil was $100 a barrel and Venezuala could feed itself. If the price of oil drops, refining that sour crude might not be worth it, unless it gets burned by sea-going ships that don't have to worry about EPA rules out in international waters. Or it could all get exported where it sells for a higher price than America, shifting the world market price up:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-would-the-keystone-pipeline-affect-oil-and-gas-prices/

B/c apparently once refined, it skirts the law about shipping domestic crude oil abroad

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-09/keystone-foes-cite-foreign-oil-users-to-undercut-republican-push

Maybe Chump is just looking to get the Koch brothers back on his side. Of course, there are pesky Nebraska land rights people yapping about Eminent Domain for a foreign company. Hey, maybe Clive Bundy and the militias will show up with leftover dildos?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-01-09/keystone-foes-cite-foreign-oil-users-to-undercut-republican-push

Tho Chump did claim:

"Trump said in May that he would support the pipeline if the U.S. government could get a share of its revenue, which may not be legal.
“I want it built, but I want a piece of the profits,” Trump said during a speech on his energy policies to oil-industry workers in North Dakota. “That’s how we’re going to make our country rich again.” 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-keystone-canada-energy-224204

that's right, smallbusinesspeople who voted for Chump...your candidate's plan to make America great again, is to take a piece of YOUR profits. Go ahead and read the article if ya don't want to believe. Its like the mafia charging protection, except YOU voted it into power. And you wonder why Clinton supporters riot over it and yet feel smarter.
 Doubleknotspy7
Msg: 520
Posted: 11/12/2016 2:43:21 PM
With all kind respect I have been involved in the construction of Oil Sands projects both open pit and SAG-D.
I have also spent time on gas plants. My last construction project was Kearl Lake the Imperial Oil massive open pit mine. My company built the froth and flare for that site both phase 1 and phase 2.
On a Sag-D plant near Christina Lake Alberta I have been so close to the flare as to hear the roar and feel the intense heat. Upon start up it really is impressive. H2S is a direct by-product sour gas/oil and is released through thermal processing.
CO2 in oil is used in non thermal recovery of Oil. In a SAG-D system steam is used.

Flaring of natural gas to remove H2S does not happen at the well head as it is too costly in most cases. Gas plants are where this happens. Trust me I have been on several gas plants across Alberta and BC. I have written protocols for H2S safety and heard the alarms for H2S tests. Also I have watched my workers suit up to handle transmission of liquid molten sulphur.That is sulphur that has not been scrubbed. In addition we also poured liquid sulphur to block and that sulphur had been scrubbed.
Either way sulphur was removed during upstream operation as opposed to downstream.
Have you seen the massive sulphur block in Fort McMurray?
I have been on it.
Here is a link...
http://pulitzercenter.org/reporting/north-america-canada-alberta-environmental-impact-tar-sands-horrible-expert

As for the Kinder Morgan Trans-Mountain Pipeline 2007 spill 95% of the heavy crude oil was recovered. There was no release of H2S as there was no H2S in the pipeline. H2S is released through thermal processing not a rupture spill.

As for the cost of oil affecting the Athabasca Oil Sands, when fell to $34 dollars a barrel in 08 it did not affect so much the current production levels as such but it did curtail new exploration and construction. We are currently also in a holding pattern (low $40's) and have been for the last couple of years as OPEC (Saudi Arabia) has maintained high production rates and there fore low world crude prices. Signs of rising oil prices are there and prospects of $70 a barrel oil by 2020 are reasonable.
Time will tell.
 deetristate
Msg: 521
Posted: 11/12/2016 5:01:25 PM
As I said before the election, that the environment is one area where I disagree with Trump so your posts on this subject have been interesting. Still not persuaded but I will read more about it. It is our water at risk. and as I understand it, most of it is going to be sold to countries other than the USA.

It doesn't seem worth the Risk for a few temporary jobs. But, again, I will read more about it. Your post leads me to more to look up.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Donald Trump is a Fraud Thread