Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Messaging Them and No Response      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Messaging Them and No ResponsePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Seeing your last picture, you're definitely not far from an average "Average" selection. A mere summer diet would easily put you in what many would select as Average
Norwegianguy are you going by a standardized weight chart?

No -- I was referring to the "online" body-size/shape trends -- which gives people a lot of leeway, as it Jumps from "A few extra" to "BBW/Big & Tall" -- without any "Overweight" in-between selection. So one could lose a good amount of weight and still select "Average". "A few extra" by the trend of selection, basically means "Most of you wouldn't think I'm BBW".

If you go by the fact that the average American woman is a size 14, I'm a 16 so yeah just slightly above average.

Yeah, even though you have a lot of gravitational Weight to lose, it's a Body Type selection which isn't quite the same. That's why I say you're not too far from getting away with selecting Average with a summer diet in terms of common type selection -- even though IRL you're in the non-existent category in-between "A few extra" and "BBW".

Oh how I wish a mere summer diet would do something for me, how many summers are we talking about...haha

By IRL terms to be less than "A few extra", even though you could still be technically 15lbs overweight, yeah, it would take more than one healthy summer. Online? Yeah, by dropping 25lbs or so. At least from the pictures of body construct compared to others and their selections anyway. If you're nearly 100lbs overweight, you carry your extra weight very well, given it's that much. Good news is, when you are that much overweight, it melts off Much quicker than your average Joe's -- but becomes more difficult the more you're nearing not too much overweight.
 cflisthebest
Msg: 49
Messaging Them and No Response
Posted: 7/9/2016 8:49:19 PM
Just not attractive. Will have to try 3 times as hard
 U21984
Msg: 51
Posted: 7/26/2016 4:33:38 PM

You're lucky I replied here.

LOL!!!

This by far is the funniest comment I have ever read on any pof forum! 5 words. All he needed.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 52
Posted: 7/28/2016 12:49:07 PM
Mr. Abercrombie has left the facility.

Prolly got his a$$ kicked by his competition at the Dairy Queen.
 GWSmith
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/13/2016 8:07:05 PM
My best advice is don't worry about why someone would be dumb enough to not answer you and keep doing your thing.
 nataly66687
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:28:59 AM
I don't go to church. And I repeat things in my profile because people go and message me sometimes and ask me do you drink, smoke, or do drugs? do you have sex etc. When I clearly have the answer in my profile and on the profile details asked by POF. So thats why I repeat what I say and I don't think it is such a big deal. And besides that I have seen WAY longer profiles than mine.
 oneday57
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/8/2016 4:13:09 AM
HAHA...don't beg them!.....if they are worth it and are real they WILL answer your message!.....Same happens with woman I right and all I do is write them off....not worth your time....move on cause hes round the corner!.....Good luck!
 rdamiani
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2016 9:58:20 PM

I don't go to church. And I repeat things in my profile because people go and message me sometimes and ask me do you drink, smoke, or do drugs? do you have sex etc. When I clearly have the answer in my profile and on the profile details asked by POF. So thats why I repeat what I say and I don't think it is such a big deal. And besides that I have seen WAY longer profiles than mine.

You need a better picture, and more of them. The one you have is not flattering. It's out of focus and washed out, and your smile looks kinda like someone just dropped something on your foot. I know a lot about having trouble smiling for photos, as you can see from my own profile.

Your profile mentions that you like "headbanging, mosh pits, and crowd surfing" and also says "I'm not one who partakes in partying, that's not my scene." These seem contradictory.

FWIW, if I got a message from a woman who actually read my profile and tried to say something relevant to it, I'd always reply in kind.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Messaging Them and No Response