Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > As a Baby Boomer From the 60's Now IN His 60's...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LesLaz777
Msg: 72
As a Baby Boomer From the 60's Now IN His 60's...Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I've spent many an evening comparing rock-show creds with pals

Speaking of rock-show creds, saw something on a facebook wall of a friend yesterday referencing the granddaddy of all rock-show creds. It said something along the lines of "This Day In History 50 Years Ago - Woodstock!" He was a little younger, so I told him Woodstock was in August, and that this year would really be marking the 48th anniversary. Do you remember, in the lead up to the exact day in Back To The Future when they arrived in the year 2015, there were all kind of false flags, from 2012 going forward, saying today marks the day. Well, hold tight! I have a feeling, for Baby Boomers, the celebration of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock is about to receive the same treatment.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 73
As a Baby Boomer From the 60's Now IN His 60's...
Posted: 4/14/2017 9:19:05 AM
I'm a baby boomer.
I remember Woodstock.
There is an anniversary being planned for 2019.

Not sure what your friend was referencing.

https://www.facebook.com/Woodstock50thAnniversary/
 gtomustang
Msg: 74
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:52:48 AM
The thing that impresses me about WS, there wasn't nearly the amount of communication technology there is today, to let people know "This is the place to be". No GPS to find the place, no buzzfeed, twitter, cellphones to use along the way, no podcasts to catch later, no flash mobs....and yet stoned hippies were able to find out it was going on and where, typically from some flier on a coffee house wall.

a lack of communication technology compared to today, and yet people talk about that concert more than perhaps any one that has taken place in the age of email and other ways news spreads fast. in that way, technology isn't helping us automatically make public gatherings at that level.
 ohenryx
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2017 6:56:02 AM
Ah, the summer of ’69. It was a very good year, as Frank liked to say.

I had just graduated high school, and was spending the summer in Omaha, Nebraska doing construction work, making a little money to pay or help pay for college that fall. Woodstock made the national news when the crowd became huge, and that was the first I heard of it. I had an immediate urge to drop everything and go, but it was a long way away, I had a job and needed the money, and I would have been very late to the party by the time I could have gotten there.

Still, if I had it to do over again …
 LesLaz777
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/27/2017 11:42:06 PM
Combining the original topic - Will people keep pushing the online dating window out to greater and greater ages

with the splinter topic that emerged -

Classic rock artists we've seen in concert

I submit this ->>> http://kawarthanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/hawkstone-studios-recording-session-01.jpg

Most have no idea who this guy (First Row - Far Left), who still does roughly 75 concerts/year, even is.

However, if given one of his old album covers, you'd realize he's an instantly recognizable 70's era superstar.

Conclusion: Age apparently isn't gonna stop anybody from.....anything!
 Wilkes_Barre_Candy
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/28/2017 6:57:15 AM
?Robin Hawkins ?

http://delantra.tripod.com/biography.html

or Gordon Lightfoot?
 LesLaz777
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/3/2017 11:03:24 PM
"...or Gordon Lightfoot?"

Yes!!
 from site to sight
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/4/2017 4:56:27 AM

The thing that impresses me about WS, there wasn't nearly the amount of communication technology there is today, to let people know "This is the place to be". No GPS to find the place, no buzzfeed, twitter, cellphones to use along the way, no podcasts to catch later, no flash mobs....and yet stoned hippies were able to find out it was going on and where, typically from some flier on a coffee house wall.

Another big difference is people who bought admission tickets to Woodstock or any other concert weren't paying hundreds of dollars. Concert tickets were often around 5 or 6 dollars. There was no Ticketmaster or any other on line ticket outlet that charged an arm and a leg for tickets, like there is now. The hippie movement didn't stop rock music from just being another big, profit driven, corporate business-the opposite of what musicians publicly professed to be about back then, and "sticking it to the Man". And now, peace signs and "Make love, not war" has been replaced by a leader who preaches hatred and discrimination, and is adored by millions.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > As a Baby Boomer From the 60's Now IN His 60's...