Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User name search no longer available?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LondonBarcelonaMiamiBeach
Msg: 27
User name search no longer available?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
IT IS WORKING, after a bit of trouble shooting I figured it out..

JUST LOG OUT!

or if you use chrome browser or chrome book (like me)

hit control N, which opens an 'incognito' web tab, meaning there is NO NEED to log out, which makes it easier to do the username search (DO NOT LOG IN, haha) and once you get the (real and imagined user that wants to meet you but rarely answers), you can go back to you open logged in browser, and paste the person's URL and respond to them.

a) log out
b) do a user name search, it works
c) copy their POF web page
d) paste it, and log in, and send them a message, with prob 8% chance or 1% chance they will respond, as probably a marketing scam to get people to upgrade.*

or a) control N in chrome browser
b) copy and paste that member's web user profile address (mostly they are fake or silly as do not respond)
c) go back to the open browser that is still logged in and paste it and respond (while wondering why waste time on silly people who send you know message and look very hot, haha)

*A scam because you must upgrade to see 'who wants to meet you" but not a scam to use 'user name search', as upgraded member cannot use it either; unless you do what I tell you too!

**A scam as it brings you back to the site... ;)

;)

still it is easy and works... just log out..

it does not work logged in!

cheers
shawn
 toughguy1516
Msg: 28
view profile
History
User name search no longer available?
Posted: 9/27/2016 4:22:29 PM
i just did this to find a old friend of mine. it still works really well thanks.
 SWEETANDSASSYLASS
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 5:54:30 AM
I just solved the mystery: If you LOG OUT of your account you are able to search by username-I just did it.
 pofman666
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2016 9:39:25 AM
This is not news. It's been like this for ages. Just log out and you can search from http://www.pof.com/basicusersearch.aspx

LondonBarcelonaMiamiBeach - you post is way OTT!
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > User name search no longer available?