Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A NEW queston about an OLD topic......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 121
view profile
History
A NEW queston about an OLD topic......Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I have no reason to lie about my age, and I would not expect someone to stick around after she found out I lied.
So if she lies about her age I would not want to find out what else she lied, or would lie, about.

Well, for middle aged folks, there's always at least Some reason to lie -- to maximize your outcome online. If one put 39 instead of 45 -- they'd get better returns. That's why people lie about their age online, for the most part. Many may not see that as a Good Enough reason -- but there are many who do. And there's a bit of rationality to it, given that online is a hair-trigger off-key pre-judging circus. Kind of like fighting fire with fire. :)
 Chromis1
Msg: 122
view profile
History
A NEW queston about an OLD topic......
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:04:20 AM

Well, for middle aged folks, there's always at least Some reason to lie -- to maximize your outcome online.

No, wrong. Don't put forth absolutes. There are many middle aged folks on POF who've been completely honest with their profiles. For many, there has been NO reason to lie, because their outcomes have been just fine.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:19:13 AM

There are many middle aged folks on POF who've been completely honest with their profiles. For many, there has been NO reason to lie, because their outcomes have been just fine.

This is what I was thinking, I never had a reason to lie since my results were good.

Weird, now I see one post per page.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:22:24 AM

This is what I was thinking, I never had a reason to lie since my results were good.

Results being good doesn't mean there exists no Reason to fib to make it better. Even a proposed reason how it'd help would still be a reason to fib to make it better. 39 will bring in more than 45, statistically speaking. It may not be a GOOD reason, but it's still a reason that can understandably motivate someone.

Weird, now I see one post per page.

Well, you didn't put 39 in your profile, did ya? See? Another reason! ;)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2016 11:28:02 AM

Even a proposed reason how it'd help would still be a reason to fib to make it better. 39 will bring in more than 45,

You don't know that to be true.

The competition changes as age changes. Older men have more changes to date within their age range than do 20 year old men.

Even the demographics change, at about 50 there are more older women online dating than men that age. Most don't want to date very far outside of their own age, so my results could well be much worse if I put my age at 40.

At a male age of 25, there are huge number more men wanting to date than there are women. You can see this in the types of complaints we get in the forums.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A NEW queston about an OLD topic......