Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What personal event changed your outlook on love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yourstillhere
Msg: 63
view profile
History
What personal event changed your outlook on love?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I never really cared about love. I liked dating and getting sex from women but never felt any kind of special connection and that was fine for me for the first 45 years of my life.
But then one day she appeared out of nowhere and I knew why Adam said "here at last is flesh of my flesh, and bone of my bone"
Hit me like a bolt of lightning.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 64
view profile
History
What personal event changed your outlook on love?
Posted: 7/23/2016 3:12:00 PM

“Be different, be daring, be charming and you will date who ever you want.
Well, that works for the dudes. Women have it a lot harder.”[\quote]

Yeeah. Right. Uh huh. Would you mind terribly if I didn't agree with the above statement?

I was reminded about married life yesterday. I'm working on a property for a customer, he's putting his newly married today daughter in it. They were bringing their stuff in, and carting out empty boxes. The soon to be married husband was putting those in the back of her SUV for a ride to the dumpster. And she came out and started griping at him for doing such a horrible thing in her car. My comment to him happened when she walked back in the house-mad. "Welcome to married life- and you're not even married -YET."

He laughed at my comment. He won't be after a while.

I have to be reminded of that every so often.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/23/2016 3:23:54 PM
Geez, That poor woman still hasn't got him broke in yet?
With time, he too will know he should have asked first...what he is suppose to do before he does it....lol.

Once a man and woman figure each other out...we accept each others faults.
My late husband was annoying at times because he was such an introvert and didn't like socializing...where I did.
But....I soon learned to not push him and he conceded on the important events...for me.
Marriage is a tit for tat....thing. When it works...it's easy!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2016 4:52:47 AM

Once a man and woman figure each other out...we accept each others faults.
My late husband was annoying at times because he was such an introvert and didn't like socializing...where I did.
But....I soon learned to not push him and he conceded on the important events...for me.

Sounds like you were more patient with him, than mine was with me. Mine just nagged me until I went. Then I sat there for hours being bored outta my mind while she socialized. Then, after we got home, I got nagged at again for not talking to anyone.

You can't force people to listen, if they don't want to.
 cooldog65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2016 5:42:23 AM

I was reminded about married life yesterday. I'm working on a property for a customer, he's putting his newly married today daughter in it. They were bringing their stuff in, and carting out empty boxes. The soon to be married husband was putting those in the back of her SUV for a ride to the dumpster. And she came out and started griping at him for doing such a horrible thing in her car. My comment to him happened when she walked back in the house-mad. "Welcome to married life- and you're not even married -YET."

Good reason not to get married.

You do everything right before marriage and nothing right after marriage.
 Walts
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/24/2016 9:01:03 AM

Since then, my outlook has changed to accepting that my time has come and gone and just be happy with beer for now.

Anything else that comes my way ?

You're talking about whiskey here, aren't ya??????

I hear on the timing of it all Butter. Just the other day, a young(er) lady and I connected during a day long seminar/meeting. Even though things went well, and there could have been some possibilities, I really wasn't into pursuing anything much further, and left things as they were. I can't complain, because the "nothing" that ended up happening was on me, and my lack of action/reaction. I could look at my "acceptance" as the downfall of any possibilities in the future.

Damn memory!!!!!!!
 Whisky_River
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/24/2016 9:11:13 AM

I can't complain, because the "nothing" that ended up happening was on me, and my lack of action/reaction. I could look at my "acceptance" as the downfall of any possibilities in the future.

Isn't that the truth with some of us...

Damn memory!!!!!!!

Good ones or bad ones.....can give a person the same result....ymmv.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/15/2016 2:17:25 PM
Falling in love has changed my outlook on love.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:19:03 PM
Once again, I'm reminded that love and marriage isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Same place, different couple. A farm store I'm doing some work at. Over the weekend, they got a new refrigeration unit installed.
It's sitting outside a back entrance. I'm supposed to make a cover for it. It isn't was was originally discussed, but apparently this was better. The husband and I were discussing how to do it -when his wife came out and launched on him! It wasn't made the was she was told. She ripped into him like it was crime against the universe. And, she did it in front of me. I walked away, but I still heard her screaming at him from about two hundred fifty feet away.

Once again I ask myself- Do I really wanna go there?
 Dragracer428
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:37:43 PM
A friend and his wife showed what love was one weekend at a dragstrip. Unusually for him it was just him and his wife, at that point they were at 30+ years of marriage. They spent the weekend like they had been in love for 6 months, was hard to get him to go racing.
She died about 5 years ago from cancer, we were discussing my dating adventures recently and I asked him if he still missed her. He said it does not happen as often but a couple times a month the grief still stops him dead in his tracks.

Not sure if I thank them for showing me that, can I find a love like that before my years run out?
Have met someone who may be the one, here's hoping.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:42:39 PM
Purplerider1200: Have you ever considered switching sides?
 minimetoo
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2016 7:01:59 PM
^^^ lol. I watched part of Broke Back Mountain on the weekend..true love and lust between to men. Maybe that isnthensameis to go for those that still have such a deep hate and still feel pain from head to toe. Maybe that dead heart can be started again....by switching teams.

I am sort of lucky in that the vast majority of my friends are long term marriages; 25 years, 30 years, more. My brother and his his bride just had their 40th, my sister is at 28 years. My parents made 63 years before my mother died. I come from good stock, good attitudes and aurrounded myself with positive role models.

Watching my parents changed my outlook very, very early in my own marriage.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 5:52:24 PM
You first.

I just need to see that couples aren't exactly the great end result, every so often. It reminds me of a date night that I had with my ex. She hated everything I planned that night. From the restaurant I chose, to the place we went to after that had entertainment.

(Before you think it, these were very nice places)

I got jump on badly about it. At the end of the argument, I swore that I'd never plan another night out again. She gets to plan it if we go out. Well, 10 months later, I finally got an apology. But the damage was done. And she found out that I meant what I said.

Yes, pride goeth before a fall. But, I wouldn't have treated a dog like I got treated that night. I watch her treat others like that. This was a nasty lesson she got to learn.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What personal event changed your outlook on love?