Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What personal event changed your outlook on love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dragracer428
Msg: 72
What personal event changed your outlook on love?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
A friend and his wife showed what love was one weekend at a dragstrip. Unusually for him it was just him and his wife, at that point they were at 30+ years of marriage. They spent the weekend like they had been in love for 6 months, was hard to get him to go racing.
She died about 5 years ago from cancer, we were discussing my dating adventures recently and I asked him if he still missed her. He said it does not happen as often but a couple times a month the grief still stops him dead in his tracks.

Not sure if I thank them for showing me that, can I find a love like that before my years run out?
Have met someone who may be the one, here's hoping.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 73
What personal event changed your outlook on love?
Posted: 8/15/2016 6:42:39 PM
Purplerider1200: Have you ever considered switching sides?
 minimetoo
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/15/2016 7:01:59 PM
^^^ lol. I watched part of Broke Back Mountain on the weekend..true love and lust between to men. Maybe that isnthensameis to go for those that still have such a deep hate and still feel pain from head to toe. Maybe that dead heart can be started again....by switching teams.

I am sort of lucky in that the vast majority of my friends are long term marriages; 25 years, 30 years, more. My brother and his his bride just had their 40th, my sister is at 28 years. My parents made 63 years before my mother died. I come from good stock, good attitudes and aurrounded myself with positive role models.

Watching my parents changed my outlook very, very early in my own marriage.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 5:52:24 PM
You first.

I just need to see that couples aren't exactly the great end result, every so often. It reminds me of a date night that I had with my ex. She hated everything I planned that night. From the restaurant I chose, to the place we went to after that had entertainment.

(Before you think it, these were very nice places)

I got jump on badly about it. At the end of the argument, I swore that I'd never plan another night out again. She gets to plan it if we go out. Well, 10 months later, I finally got an apology. But the damage was done. And she found out that I meant what I said.

Yes, pride goeth before a fall. But, I wouldn't have treated a dog like I got treated that night. I watch her treat others like that. This was a nasty lesson she got to learn.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What personal event changed your outlook on love?