Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Hearton64,

you and your man are blessed. May it be ever so.
And you're right: LOVE, and respect, wins!

TK
 hearton64
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 7/16/2016 4:49:42 AM
Thank you. : )

Wishing you what we found right here in POF!

Had I or he only judged eachother "on paper"
We might not have found what we needed, instead
of what we thought we wanted.

Never give up on love or hope.
And don't judge a book by its cover.
 hemingway234
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2016 11:06:41 AM
Some women stay at home, some men stay at home. It can work great if you can afford it, and both are giving. But if one takes advantage of the other, there's going to be trouble in paradise.
 David_Lang
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2016 12:57:05 PM
I was in a LTR for 4 1/2 years. She had an amazing son from her previous relationship.

Now we had our own places. She lived with her parents and I live in my own flat (renting). Now I started studying and moved to student accommodation as the was a better financial decision. yes it was tough! because of me the average age of the accommodation rose by 5 years!

In my final year of studying (2 1/2 years into the relationship). I was starting to struggle an awful lot with work commitments and studying. I was convinced if I continues to work I would fail my course and if I continues to study I would have to leave my job. My partner offered to pay for me while I finished studying (six months). I was over the moon that she offered. She was a saver, had am awful lot of saving and her income was more than mine. So instead of me dropping my job I work enough hours to pay my rent and bills but she would provide food for me if needed. I passed. :D

Now while I was in this scenario things started to go south. I remember every time we went food shopping she would ask if I really needed this or that. Now I know I was already sacrificing choices to help her now spend as much but she did not seem to realise. But the continues comments really started to hurt. One day i was asked to come to my friends house to have a few beers and play some cards. Now I dont normally go out that often and one reason is because my partner was very jealous to the point where I could not make new female friends. i remember on a few occasion I had to tell females I met (through college/work) that they could not add me on face book. But I tried to make it work by not getting into situation where this would come up. So I told my partner that I was going to mates house. She started to quiz me about it; who is it? Who will be there? When will you be back. just normal stuff. Then she exploded and said I could not go. Be trying to stick up for my self I told her that I was going. She then said to me. "well I hope you friends can pay for your food from now on". WOW! I said to her " do you realise you are trying to control me here?" I ended uop not going and since then she would try to control my every move.

A year and a half later we finally got a place together. I was the one now bringing in the money (80% of the household income). She would take my wages off of me every payday and tell me we had no money. I stressed for months eating poor food worrying we were broke. My bday came up and i said dont get me anything Im fine. She spent £60 on me which I appreciated. Then hers came up and I was able to hold on to £20 here and there and was able to by her a designer bag and watch. She loved it. Now her son's bday came up. Out of the blue she wanted to spend £1000 on him (12 years old). I said to her "is this out your own money you have I guess?" (thinking how we could spend so much). She said "No. from our savings" ....... Our Fraking savings!! Turns out that since we moved in together she had saved £5000. I hit the roof!!! Months later We finally broke up! I had enough. And guess what She only gave me £360 our of our savings! as I could not "prove" why that money was put into her account. She was a clever girl.

So I have two examples. One I was a live in BF where I was treated like dirt and second where I was the provider instead where I was taken for a fool.

Would I do it again? YES OF COURSE!!
If I truly love someone it does not matter what happened in the past with others. If anyone I loved that much needed help I would give them everything! And I would hope that one day I met a partner who would do the same. :)
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2016 6:41:45 AM
No thank you. It's a lot more fun when we go out together. :)LOL
 mainstein
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2016 10:49:22 AM
a stay-at-home boyfriend sounds not that cool, but do you want to stay at home as full-time wife :)
i think woman like cooking:) delicious food, lol
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/26/2016 11:56:58 AM
Sure ... as long as he stays at his home lol
 moraima
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2016 12:14:46 PM
Good answer maybebaybee.

OP, If I had wanted dependents, I would have had children.
 siisaa
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 7:01:54 PM
No. If he's staying home, he better be more than a just a "boyfriend"...more like husband and father. I've nothing against stay-at-home parents but if you're able-bodied, childless, healthy & just staying home for the hell of it....no, go find something to do. Even if it's a part-time retail job. If I was married to a rich/wealthy man I'd still work, even if it was part-time. Or I'd go back to school or volunteer. I crave human interaction & intellectual stimulation too much to be stuck in the house talking to my animals.
 lulz567
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2018 7:14:20 PM
No because any guy that doesn’t pay his way and let’s a woman do it is using her period.
It just depends if she gets anything out of it too, but I guessed half way through post what was coming next because it’s not a real love match just two people seeing what they can both get out of each other before one gets bored of their part of the bargain.At least with you you had the good sense to expect lots out of it. Some give it all away and expect nothing low esteem.
 julystorm22
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 5:19:59 PM
Nope. Nada. Not a chance in hell. Did that once and never again.
Posted: 7/11/2018 4:07:02 PM
Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend? lololololololololololololololololololololol NOPE!
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2018 4:11:30 PM
Unless a BF is retired and drawing retirement, no.
and they would still have to do 1/2 of bills, ect. My home is paid for but still they need to assist in maintenance, ect.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?