Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I just recently moved with my daughter and I realized I like not
having anyone else around.

I might consider a male housekeeper, but he'd have to leave
by the time I got outta work....and not eat all the snacks.
 Natey2
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?
Posted: 1/9/2019 10:29:45 PM
We have all heard of a housewife. My former neighbor was a househusband (with 2 kids).

Every time they got into an argument , I got the feeling that she had him by the balls. And he looked kinda intimidated by her. But he'd tell me all kinds of things about her he'd never say in front of her.

The person who makes the income calls the shots.
And she made a lot of money; more than the guy could make, even if he tried his best. And he knew that.
So they lived happily ever after.
 am70sguy
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:18:30 AM
I'm a stay at home... err dad. Nobody wants this baggage though! lol Well, no sane person and I'm trying to avoid the insane.
 Anthonyr876
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 7:27:57 AM
Don't think I could be in a relationship where I am not earning any money and being taken care of by someone else. I'd lose all pride in myself and probably hit depression in the first few months.
 Tech30
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 8:01:40 AM
Well instead of getting depressed you should g et out and make changes to fix the problem.

in most cases a woman wont respect a man when she makes the majority of money . She will feel he is inadequate and treat him that way. She will make all the decisions and belittle the man when he wants to make a decision. women cant bring themselves to respect a man who isnt providing for her.

Thats why many women making a lot of money and working alot prefer to be alone with a couple cats than have a man around.
 2ufo
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 9:07:09 AM
Tech...

It's not that he makes less or no money...

It's that he's a stay at home boyfriend/husband who doesn't DO anything constructive around the home.

My ex- was a stay-at-home video gamer who went out occasionally for a drink with buddies.
During all this time I was married to him, I had to hire a nanny for the baby. I came home to do housework and cooking. I had to plan vacations and go grocery shopping.

I didn't mind that he was stay-at-home.
What really made me angry was that he was a stay-at-home who did nothing.

Of course, YMMV.
 Natey2
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 9:52:44 AM
Msg: 180

Thats why many women making a lot of money and working alot prefer to be alone with a couple cats than have a man around.

Or they come on POF looking for a wealthier guy with a boat, country club membership, can take them on trips, etc.

But the problem is those rich guys are looking for women half their age, so the older, wealthier women will get dropped when a younger woman gets the rich guy's attention.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 9:59:35 AM

Or they come on POF looking for a wealthier guy with a boat, country club membership, can take them on trips, etc.

If such is the case, the majority of OLD men might as well give up before they even start. Sure are a lot of generalizations being thrown around here.
 hemingway234
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Lazy malingers aren't my idea of hot dates.
Posted: 1/11/2019 5:27:13 AM
Okay, but I don't clean windows!
 2ufo
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Lazy malingers aren't my idea of hot dates.
Posted: 1/11/2019 12:38:51 PM
^^^^
Ah, but can you cook?
 pfif
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 3:11:53 PM
There are ways to trick yourself into correct behaviors when
you have your office in your home.

The most basic one is to treat your office as your office, not
as another room in your home. Act as if you had to commute
for half an hour to get there (and do what you came there to
do, when you go there -- and don't go there when you're not
officially there on 'company' time).

People who live this lifestyle have to be a bit more careful,
since Santa is the only one who knows if they've been bad
or good.
. . .
I made all of that up. Seems about right to me, though.
Apologies if it's too much of a topic drift.

p.s. a wework (dotcom) type of office space might have more
appeal, if you already lived in a city that has one.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ladies, would you want a stay-at-home boyfriend?