Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 26
Tattoos or No Tattoos?Page 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
If you want one, get it.
Don't let your worries that your future love will hate you because of your tattoo.
A woman doesn't start or stop being in love with you because of your tattoo.
Unless it's a fetish for them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 8:23:47 PM
A tattoo is something you should do for yourself if you choose to. Aintnodeal had a good suggestion in getting a temporary one if you're on the fence.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 28
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 8:27:52 PM
^^^^^^

I disagree, if you know a tat will cause women to flock to you then have at 'er...and let the chicks fall where they may ...
 Jim7878
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/16/2016 10:06:52 PM
Don't ever get a tattoo because someone else thinks it would look good. They're not wearing it for the rest of their lives, you are. And make sure you are sober if you decide to go through with it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/17/2016 5:00:18 AM
Let's all get drunk and get tattoos. You go first (then I'll leave!)!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/17/2016 6:29:55 AM

Let's all get drunk and get tattoo

LOL, I'd have to get REALLY drunk!

Oh that's right I forgot, Silly me! I'm a biker chick!
Therefore I drink to get drunk, I'm covered in tats, let's not forget body piercings, and last but not least, surely I'm
"mouthy, belligerent, sometimes bossy, and don't have too much self control."
Did I get that right? Wellllll maybe............I can be a little bossy, but no, not one tattoo on my body!

So OP, by Cookmakers example you could always get a heart with banner tat, and off to the side, write, "insert name here". Supply each chick with a black Sharpie pen!
 reintree
Msg: 32
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/17/2016 1:57:35 PM
I've never considered myself a biker chick , just a rider, even though I rode my own for 28 years and owned a Yamaha, a Honda and 4 Harley's. I got a tattoo the year before I called it quits and sold my last Harley. I think me and my tattoo will look just fine in a Mustang convertible or a corvette convertible. I'm leaning towards the Mustang GT for the sound. Time for a change. Sometimes a new car, a tattoo, a piercing or a new hairstyle is just what is needed for a pick me up or just a change of pace. Wine helps too.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 8:13:34 AM

Oh that's right I forgot, Silly me! I'm a biker chick!
Therefore I drink to get drunk

lol, no other reason to my mind, if you're gonna do something, do it right :)

I love tats but they do not 'make' the person, so for me its a non issue
I prefer tats on women, the pretty colourful ones
if I had the balls I'd be covered in them
as it is I'm a damp squib.
 ScurvyLittleSpider
Msg: 34
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 8:53:53 AM

If you want a tattoo, get one. If its not your thing, don't get one. And don't get one because you think the chicks dig it, that is just dumb.

This is quite correct and you'd do well to follow it.
I have 2 tattoos but I wear them under my clothes.
Huzby has 1 tattoo on the forearm which he also can cover with clothes at will.
 janetsparadisepines
Msg: 35
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:15:11 AM
I've never met someone who wishes they had gotten a tattoo when they were younger...

I've met plenty who wished they'd never gotten one.

I don't much care if someone has them, but realize they can be distracting.
 Maleman999
Msg: 36
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 2:09:12 PM
I've never been a fan of tattoos. If I want to see artwork, I'll visit an art gallery or buy paintings.
 IgottaName
Msg: 37
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 3:25:43 PM

I've never met someone who wishes they had gotten a tattoo when they were younger...

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I got my first tatt at age 45. I have six now, but have recently been put on blood thinners and may not be able to get any more. That's a shame because I had several designs I still wanted. So yeah, I wish I had started when I was younger.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 38
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 3:42:12 PM
^^^^
Perhaps 'lgottaname' your inability to get more tatts due to the blood thinner issue is pointing you towards artistic abilities of your own---outside of your own skin!

Pick up that paint brush, sharpen that pencil!
 inspired2dream
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 5:12:59 PM
Cue the Pretenders, "Tattoed love boys" lol
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/18/2016 10:16:40 PM
As much as I know tattoos are body art etc I just dont like them, especially heavy ones. Some women will be attracted to them and some not. I guess if they are displayed on a hot muscular body then they are sexy. If you get a subtle artistic one then no one should object. Just have to remember they are there for life. I do know that employers look negatively on them in the workplace as I think they are reminiscent of the rough drug addled biker which of course is a stereotype.
 Maleman999
Msg: 41
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 4:20:30 AM
The tattoos I don't understand the most are the ones on people's back or the back of their neck. What's the point if the tattooee can't see them?
 ginghamgal
Msg: 42
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 6:27:08 AM

A tattoo is something you should do for yourself if you choose to

Agreed. It shouldn't be done because you think it would help you get more dates. Some women will like tats. Some won't. Others may ne neutral.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 9:05:57 AM
Personally, I am repulsed by tattoos. I mean no ill will to others who may have tattoos, but that is just my opinion -- of the tattoos themselves, NOT the tattooed.

However, some people like them some, don't.

I agree with those who said it depends upon the kind of woman you want to attract. Why not start with a good quality temporary tattoo to see what kinds of reactions you think, you are receiving.

As others said -- a tattoo is something you get for Yourself -- not to please anyone else. agreed.
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 10:02:07 AM

The tattoos I don't understand the most are the ones on people's back or the back of their neck. What's the point if the tattooee can't see them?

If I ever got one, I think that's where I'd put it. That way, if or when I realized I'd made an irreversible mistake, at least I wouldn't be reminded of it for the rest of my life every time I looked down. YMMV.
Frankly, I don't understand why the henna (temporary) tattoos aren't a lot more popular than the permanent kind.
 WhereforeAndWhyNot
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 11:14:52 AM
^

No pain, no gain? Maybe it’s a macho/feminismo thing….
 _babblefish
Msg: 46
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 11:44:24 AM

Tattoos or No Tattoos?

i like ink, i have ink and i'd like another . .

they were never foreign to me, my grandfather sported this old faded tat on his forearm from his days in the
Royal Navy
 BHinFL
Msg: 47
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 12:12:48 PM
If you're trying to attract women with a tattoo you're making a HUGE mistake. You should get a tattoo if YOU want one, not because you think SHE (whoever she is) wants you to have one.
 sactownromantic
Msg: 48
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/19/2016 9:15:33 PM
I would never get a tattoo to impress a woman.

I've never been a fan of tattoos. If I want to see artwork, I'll visit an art gallery or buy paintings.

I agree, you can will a painting to a loved one or sell it when you are sick of it.
 Maleman999
Msg: 49
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/20/2016 6:15:15 AM
What's up with non-oriental people getting a tattoo of some proverb or saying written in Chinese? I'm betting those people don't know how to read or write Chinese. Do they think it makes them look smart because they have a tattoo of something written in a foreign language?
 reintree
Msg: 50
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/20/2016 6:36:27 AM
I always like to think that the Chinese or Japanese tattoos actually read "#2 with egg roll and small wonton" and some old Chinese fellow playing mahjong in Chinatown is wondering why all the white kids have "wonton" tattoos.

I got my tattoo two years ago. I would get another. I'm also thinking about a small diamond in my nose...thinking about it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?