Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 76
view profile
History
maybe tattoo my belly orange with a ten inch long white areaPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I think a tat should fit the person

Yeah because nothing looks worse that a Tattoo that is larger than the person...

Worse for general aesthetics maybe. But at least the baggy ones look more comfortable than the ones that are too tight.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 77
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 9:09:00 AM
I don't have a problem with tattoos on anyone usually.
Depends on what the tattoo is.
Personal choice and all that.
No one has ever complained about mine.

Seriously...cougs?
 treber2
Msg: 78
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 10:26:13 AM
I'm old school, but I have no tattoos, and don't like them on women. I think it is evidence of low class. JMHO.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 79
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 11:15:44 AM
I'm old school too.
And you're right. Sometimes having tattoos is a filter.
And usually filters work.
As in this case.
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 12:57:58 PM
Not long ago, when I was out and about, I saw a family that I thought might of been from a circus or play. As they got closer, I saw that both parents were covered in tattoos from head to toe. They had three kids who were very young, so too young for tattoos. But it made me wonder if being covered in tats is a good example to set for their kids. It would be a weird, or at least interesting, family portrait if the kids decided to get all inked up as well when they reach the age where they can if they wanted to, since being all inked up is their normal for them. They would remind me of some horror movie if I saw a whole family inked up.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 81
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 12:59:14 PM
I would hope the ladies with tats got them to show me later :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 82
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/28/2016 1:06:55 PM

But it made me wonder if being covered in tats is a good example to set for their kids.

A good example as in what?
It could be it's a loving family.
Maybe they're setting an example of being free to do with your body as you like, as long as you
do no harm to yourself or others?
Maybe they're setting an example of being non-judgmental and stereotyping?

I wouldn't even pierce my daughters' ears when they were young...because I figured that was
their choice. Heck, I didn't get them baptized either...because I figured that would also be their
choice when they were old enough.

I might not like what some tats (or piercings) look like, and I'm glad my girls didn't go crazy with
them, but I don't have to like (or understand) why others make the choices they do.
 BronzedJake
Msg: 83
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/31/2016 2:05:03 PM
Do it for yourself : )

I love tattoo's - I have 4 of em.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 84
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2016 1:35:31 PM
Yeah well unless you've got tattoos on your face you can cover tattoos. I've got a serious job and tattoos so it's doable. And people who assume someone is only good for a hit and run because of tattoos is a jackass anyway. No loss.
 Jim7878
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2016 1:53:06 PM

I really don't have an issue with them... ( I have no tats myself) but it does get tiresome looking at the same picture over and over.... especially making out doggy style...

LOL...Just cut a picture out of a magazine and place it on the stamp for each "event."
 Jim7878
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2016 2:10:33 PM
Oh boy. She'd need to be wrapped like a mummy. It's non-traditional but it might be a good look.
 NYCKOSI
Msg: 87
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2016 4:30:17 PM
If only they can be removed easily or you can change them when ever you want to. I might get e a few. To have the same tattoo for the rest of your life, not my idea.
 moraima
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/1/2016 8:29:54 PM
" or you can change them when ever you want to."

Why would I want to change mine?
Never caused to a problem.
Always owned my own business, so no issue with employers.
If a date didn't like it, pfft.

"Although it should be niƱo."

My Latin American family and friends forgive me for not change my keyboard just so that I can use accents.

Forgive me please for not using accent on POF.
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/3/2016 6:41:19 AM

"I've never been a fan of tattoos. If I want to see artwork, I'll visit an art gallery or buy paintings."

apparently you have never watched your beautifully tatted girlfriend dress/undress. Art in motion!
 somewhatJaded14U
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/3/2016 6:42:19 AM
apparently I cant figure out the quote thing either....
 StumbledBkn
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 8/3/2016 7:31:47 AM

apparently I cant figure out the quote thing either....

See the line that says "This allows you to quote a previous post."? Just copy/paste that whole line, including the symbols on each end, into the text box. Then replace the "This allows you to quote a previous post." with the part you want to quote (again with the copy/paste). Then make sure you type your own text outside the quote box, either above or below.

It's a bit primitive but it works.
 hemingway234
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/2/2016 8:09:12 AM
Let's all get drunk and get tattoos! You go first ;)
 grover14
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/2/2016 11:13:43 AM
For a woman, my preference would be a small discrete tat that is covered by clothing. I personally don't have any. With my current style, friends tell me I should get a Harley, and tattoos might further project the biker image. I'm not knocking it, just not for me.
 perspektiv
Msg: 94
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/2/2016 2:02:27 PM
Some women love tattoos, and some do not.

However, if its done tastefully, you won't have a problem, either or.

I.E A "Kill 'Em 'All" tattooed across your knuckles, vs something meaningful (and tasteful) that has deep emotional connections to you. If anything, it will generate interest in your tattoo.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/4/2016 7:37:00 AM
Even though I'm an old guy....I don't mind a few tasteful and tastefully placed tats...."tastefully placed" means you can hide 'em when you want to go "classy" for a night out or for a serious job. I'll differentiate my opinions though, between those women I'd only want a "roll in the sack" vs. a "keeper"....I'd be much more strict on keepers....i.e. if it's just a one nighter, etc. and the woman is hot....she can be covered with 'em for all I care....not so much for one I view as a potential keeper. Of course this is all theoretical for me at this point.

That being said, tats are a great way to break the ice chatting up women you don't know...most do enjoy talking about their tats... after all, if nobody notices and comments, why get 'em?? ...and you can get away with staring at their body parts, up close lol...... But your interest has to be genuine. Or at least act like it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 96
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/4/2016 9:01:26 AM
Mine is a Star Trek arrowhead on my abdomen, pointing down with the caption, "Where no man has gone before" I was going to just go with "captain's log" but I had a Groupon. The posts above reminded me of a wedding of two people who met in a bar, taking their second trip to the altar. The bride wore white with mosquito-netting sleeves that showed all her tat's. In a few years, she ran off with another guy and left her kids for the groom to raise. I'll opine that if you are classy and beautiful, a tat that isn't on your face isn't going to change that. If you are trashy, a lack of tats won't make you look better. Its like a choice of clothing, except of course far more permanent.
 tizzabelle
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/8/2016 9:39:35 PM
I think changing ones self to get a mate could backfire; if that is not who you really are... or, you should only get a tattoo for you because, you really want one!

I have three and, I am done with them. For me there is a point where it becomes too much and, I do find it unattractive.
 basilisk123
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/8/2016 10:52:44 PM
On a woman, I find floral tattoos are attractive. I don't like the gang or prison tattoos style. I personally don't have any tattoos because there is nothing I feel really strongly about. If I did, I would probably get art from my favorite art book series, "spectrum". Getting those tattoos would be really expensive however, so since I am broke, I can't get any.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 99
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:00:29 AM

Getting those tattoos would be really expensive however, so since I am broke, I can't get any.

This has always been a puzzle to me. Seems those who would appear to be the most unable to afford such art have their whole bodies covered with them!

Everybody's got their own priorities!

:-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 100
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:07:00 AM
My heavy inked friends won't get the flu shot = " scared of needles" huh???
I want a white tattoo. Love to have one of the 3 D ones but expensive and my luck I would have a reaction to the ink

So I stick with having my hands hennaed
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?