Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
On a woman, I find floral tattoos are attractive. I don't like the gang or prison tattoos style. I personally don't have any tattoos because there is nothing I feel really strongly about. If I did, I would probably get art from my favorite art book series, "spectrum". Getting those tattoos would be really expensive however, so since I am broke, I can't get any.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 102
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:00:29 AM

Getting those tattoos would be really expensive however, so since I am broke, I can't get any.

This has always been a puzzle to me. Seems those who would appear to be the most unable to afford such art have their whole bodies covered with them!

Everybody's got their own priorities!

:-)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 103
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 6:07:00 AM
My heavy inked friends won't get the flu shot = " scared of needles" huh???
I want a white tattoo. Love to have one of the 3 D ones but expensive and my luck I would have a reaction to the ink

So I stick with having my hands hennaed
 IgottaName
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 7:19:09 AM

This has always been a puzzle to me. Seems those who would appear to be the most unable to afford such art have their whole bodies covered with them!

It's easy to look at a heavily tattooed person and think that way, but they've been getting them over the years and the total cost is spread out over that time.

There are ways to get ink on a budget. Many enthusiasts may have a friend or relative you is an artist that may give them free ink.
Tattoo parties are popular, though technically illegal in many places. The host has an artist in their home and people come and get tatts. The artist generally works at a reduced rate because he has opportunity to do a lot of work. The host is often given some ink for free for hosting. These can be weekend long affairs.
Some artists will offer tap out days. Pay a flat fee and they will work until you cant take it any longer. Again, this is guaranteed income for the artist, and the canvas can get more work for less.
Lastly, many large pieces are not done in one sitting. You pay for each session so you can spread out the cost.
 cooldog65
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/9/2016 7:47:35 AM

Quantity doesn't necessarily mean quality. Some tattoos look cheap and trashy. Some are well done.
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/10/2016 11:24:30 AM
No tattoos for me. A small tattoo is my limit, but tons of them is a turn off for me.
 basilisk123
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/10/2016 10:56:52 PM
^^^^
I thought so too, until I started looking through tattoo magazines. Some of those heavily inked women's tattoos accentuate their natural beauty to the point of becoming living art pieces. It is absolutely gorgeous.
 Maleman999
Msg: 108
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 7:40:14 AM
Out of all of the people who get tattoos, I wonder what the percentage is of people who get tattoo modifications to cover up the name or picture of an ex.
 feirx
Msg: 109
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 7:51:12 AM
i'm seeing guys without tattoos, or with them. the one i'm seeing now has none.

if i don't fancy the guy then him having tattoos won't make any difference.
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 110
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 8:17:21 AM
I'm not one of those women that is drawn to a male based on tattoos, his car, etc. I do like to look at an attractive man, but I need compatibility and chemistry. Tattoos aren't a reason for me to find a man attractive and I do feel that some people in general have gone overboard with them. They're okay if they're tasteful, unique and have meaning for the person.

I live in an area that I see them EVERYWHERE, so the guys don't stand out to me. They all look identical pretty much and everyone that has hopped on the bandwagon (males and females) that are covered with tattoos, don't come off as unique. If you're going to get one, go for it, but do it solely FOR YOU - NOT for the thought of females that may be attracted to you solely based on having a tattoo, etc.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 8:28:43 AM
I'm old. So I've seen it go from daring to just fashion. Seems pretty stupid to me for that reason. It's like committing to a single hat that you have to wear for the rest of your life no matter what.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 8:34:08 AM

It's easy to look at a heavily tattooed person and think that way, but they've been getting them over the years and the total cost is spread out over that time

While I see your point, I still know many people that get tats that really have no budget for them. One woman at work has gotten 3-4 in the two years she has worked here. She has state assisted child care for her kids, "borrows" cigarettes from coworkers, and has issues paying for car repairs. Another coworker has a husband that hasn't worked for the last two years. They are barely scraping by and using credit cards for groceries, taken 401K loans to pay bills, etc. Her husband some how still manages to find money for new ink. These are two examples in a relatively small work environment.
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 113
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 10:36:35 AM

I still know many people that get tats that really have no budget for them.

You just reminded me of a female acquaintance that I knew. It's already harder to cultivate friendship with other women, but harder living in this small town. I have tried to keep an open mind, so there was this female about my age that asked me to do a ladies night out. There are a few places to go, but I'm not into fleeing for my life, so I opted for some food and maybe a drink. She suggested applebees, we both order and dine. The bill comes and we agree to split the bill. I'm not sure what the situation was with her card, but it declined. She said she'd pay me back, so I paid. I wasn't really sweating her portion of $20, but onto my next time, which was the last.

At one point she stopped by the gym that I go to so she could show me this huge, ugly colorful back tat that covered most of her back. It may have been ugly to me based on whatever the design was and being that it was her. There came another time where She wanted to hang out again, grab some food, hit a movie, something. We met up at applesbees, more so as it was midway for both of us. We decided to eat there and then figure out where to go from there. We dine, the bill comes and I can't even remember the lie that she used as to why she didn't have money to cover her portion. I paid again, but this was it. I figured out that she's broke or using her money for the wrong things like ugly tattoos that she couldn't afford in the first place.
 IgottaName
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 9:47:51 PM

I still know many people that get tats that really have no budget for them.

I have 6 tatts in over 9 years, total cost $75. Paid $50 for my first, $25 for my second. The rest my son did and cost me nothing. So regardless of what you may judge some ones worth to be, it clearly is not a true reflection of the truth.

I know people you live like you describe yet manage to spend hundreds of dollars to go to concerts, sporting events, Comics Conventions, on top of spending hundreds on associated collections of the memorabilia for the favorite, teams, bands and super heroes. By comparison, getting ink is a relatively inexpensive hobby.
 basilisk123
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/11/2016 10:49:41 PM
Can everybody just agree that there is that one thing that is a guilty pleasure, and you spend waaayy more than you should on it. Everybody has that.
 Cynderella
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/13/2016 4:08:05 PM
Don't get a tatoo to get a women....get a tatoo cuz you want to.
 JS3344
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/13/2016 4:54:31 PM
I told my ex-wife I was thinking about getting tattoos, and she said "if you get tattoos I'll never touch you again!"...........so I got my first one a week later.
I have a friend who never leaves his house, or does anything social, and he said tattoos were stupid, another good reason to get some. I was just really curious to see what it felt like, so I got a couple and stopped.
I think tattoos can be a really cool piece of art, but unfortunately most people who get them have shitty artistic judgement. I don't care if that tattoo has "meaning" to you, if you filled it in, or crowded it with other stuff, it just looks like a shitty blotch. Women seem to pick some horrible places for placement, like on the thigh or breast or jeez the neck.
Its quite common for people around here to be sleaved........I often wonder if aliens were looking at us, if they would wonder why some of the humans have one green arm.........
 SimonF114
Msg: 118
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/13/2016 5:20:08 PM
Can't stand the things, especially on a lady. Yuk.
Very small 'Meaningful' tats in discreet locations are tolerable, though......
 Ouija2025
Msg: 119
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/13/2016 5:29:02 PM
Yuk? I mean did you pay for her ink?
Discreet - that kills me
If she was hot AF you wouldn't care
 gtomustang
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/13/2016 6:54:43 PM
One we might all agree on:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2281345/Photo-breast-cancer-survivors-tattooed-chest-shared-thousands-Facebooks-attempts-ban-it.html
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/14/2016 10:58:30 AM
Although it could be argued that tattoos have been more acceptable in mainstream cultures to the point where they could be considered a fashion accessory, they're still personal to the individual who has the ink done done. It's their choice and once they're of a legal age, they have the freedom to make that choice. It comes with consequences though, and one of those is unavoidable judgement from other people. If you're not someone who can handle the fact that others have the same freedom and choice to make judgements as you have to get yourself inked, perhaps there's some thinking to do before you get tattooed.
 2ufo2
Msg: 122
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/14/2016 12:21:52 PM
^^^^
I suspect some people get tattooed to fit in with their subculture... just another way of fitting in.

I mean, considering a tattoo simply to get a date???

If/when I get inked or painted or crayoned.... it will be removable.
And, I'll ask for help removing it *grin*
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/14/2016 1:55:36 PM
I was going to get a tattoo that said, Batteries not included. You must have original receipt for any returns. All claims void where prohibited by law.
 sun___flower
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/14/2016 2:26:54 PM
halforhalfnot
It's like committing to a single hat that you have to wear for the rest of your life no matter what.

Agreed. Tattoos are so... static. (JMO)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 125
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/14/2016 5:24:21 PM
Tiger - why do you think you can make judgements if ppl have ink> And what are those judgements exactly?
Lots and lots of OLD people have tattoos... If you judge most people by their ink, well.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?