Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KuppKake01
Msg: 126
Tattoos or No Tattoos?Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Yes.

I luv tattoos.
 moraima
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/17/2016 7:41:15 PM
What about cosmetic tattoos that replace eye liner or eyebrow shading?

I had my eyebrows done this spring. So far not a single person has realized that my eyebrows are tattoos. People do a real double take when I tell them.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:33:08 AM
^^^I've been thinking of getting my slugs done but I believe they are only kinda semi-permanent?

I love tats, especially on great looking women.
 moraima
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/18/2016 8:54:33 AM
" I believe they are only kinda semi-permanent? "

Any tattoo will fade after being exposed to UV for 20 or so years. This spring I got the hummingbird tattoo on my neck recoloured.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/18/2016 10:04:14 AM
hummingbirds have some of the most beautiful colourings.

I thought it was more like 5yrs for brow ones? although at my age 5yrs could be permanent lol

"it's whats on the inside that really counts."

That is what poor, non-educated, fat, ugly, bible thumpers would have you believe....

3 outta 5 here and I believe

I think I can compromise with my superficiality, you know........doesn't have to be amazing in or out, but a little bit of nice with both.
 openrider
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 2:26:33 PM
tattoos,well would you put a bumper sticker on a bentley,NO.big turn off for me when a woman has a tattoo she could be beautiful but if I see a tattoo I,m gone.
 You_missed_out
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 3:25:44 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if a tattoo really attracts women? I was thinking of getting one soon

rule #1 of getting a tattoo: Don't get a tattoo just to impress someone. You are not a peacock. A tattoo should be something that is meaningful to you. I was with my ex for 15 years and I knew she hated them, but I got one anyway, cos what it displayed was meaningful to me and reflected my innermost feelings. She hated it but accepted it. I know plenty of single women, all good friends, both with and without tatts, and I don't recall one of them saying after a date "Oh, I didn't like him cos he didn't have a tattoo" What you are seeing is a reflection of popular culture, and tattoos and piercings are really booming in popularity, they are becoming more acceptable.

My advice is don't do it just to attract someone. If you are dead set on getting a tattoo, think long and hard about what you want and what you want it to mean
 aintnodeal
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:36:05 PM

...it's whats on the inside that really counts.

In the case of tattoos, what's on the inside DICTATES what's on the outside, as affirmed by the previous poster.

To some people, wearing a tat is like screaming your catchphrase over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over... and it can wear a viewer out like having a song stuck in your head. Doesn't matter if you like the song or the tattoo...you just want a break from hearing that message.

As more tats are added, the message becomes a poem, a story, a chorus, or....with a lack of planning...a cacophony. To each her own, but don't pretend that your tats are silent when you go on a date. They scream loud and long, perhaps more strongly than any of your personality traits. Indeed, they can be the most significant thing a stranger remembers you for - not your eye color, your hair style, your Prada bag, or worn-out Crocs. Own it, the way you do when you're NOT on a date.

Imagine if your date wore steampunk goggles over his eyes 24/7 because "it's a statement". When you wake up, the goggles are still there. This a MAJOR adjustment for people who are not used to this kind of body modification. Tats are NOT generic. You can't pre-judge the reaction people will have, because the very nature of each one is to express UNIQUENESS.

Would we all be happy in a world where everyone's name was symbol, like PRINCE did? I dunno.
 gtomustang
Msg: 134
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 4:41:18 PM
"...it's what's on the inside that really counts. "

if Valentine hearts candies sell with little messages on them, someone should sell a condom that says this.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 5:11:01 PM
openrider said
tattoos,well would you put a bumper sticker on a bentley,NO.

I might put a sticker on a Bentley but I wouldn't waste a good hat on a sack of poo.
 You_missed_out
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 5:31:19 PM

In the case of tattoos, what's on the inside DICTATES what's on the outside, as affirmed by the previous poster.

No, not always. I chose mine because it represents how I feel inside. In a majority of cases, people pick tattoos because they "look nice" and thats it. Someone I know who lives locally to me has 36 individual tattoos all over her body, each one as different to the next. I asked her about them once and I got "well, this mickey mouse one I got cos I saw it in one of my kids magasines and I thought it was cute. And this skull I got cos I thought it looked cool, and this gingerbread man I thought had nice colours" and it was a similar story for all 36
 Ouija2025
Msg: 137
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 5:50:18 PM
LOL Geekgirl
I wouldn't bang a fat guy claiming to be average or fit... I like ink, when someone says I'd not do someone with ink
I think
Who exactly do you think might do you?

But keep wearing the jeans hoisted high
 sun___flower
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 6:42:54 PM
^^^
I wouldn't bang a fat guy claiming to be average or fit...

What if he was pretty solid underneath the flab?
 aintnodeal
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 7:35:45 PM

In a majority of cases, people pick tattoos because they "look nice" and thats it. Someone I know who lives locally to me has 36 individual tattoos all over her body, each one as different to the next.

Hence, ca-coph-on-y: a mixture of harsh and inharmonious sounds or a visual cluster-flux. Perhaps she speaks in tongues. All of this is representative of her personality, and that's what others see.

In my experience, women who have their hair colored that artificial neon red or purple are like grenades with the pin pulled. Keep your distance. This is a learned behavior. I always liked those colors in anime shows....it's just the people I've met that do that are more unstable than the cartoons. Visual cues -- HEED THEM.
 forumslady
Msg: 140
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 8:24:53 PM
leecarr81-

No, not always. I chose mine because it represents how I feel inside. In a majority of cases, people pick tattoos because they "look nice" and thats it. Someone I know who lives locally to me has 36 individual tattoos all over her body, each one as different to the next. I asked her about them once and I got "well, this mickey mouse one I got cos I saw it in one of my kids magasines and I thought it was cute. And this skull I got cos I thought it looked cool, and this gingerbread man I thought had nice colours" and it was a similar story for all 36

leecarr81, I like your response and agree, 100%.
For most of my life, I did not have a tattoo.
I got one in my 30's after my grandmother died, it's symbolic to me and means a lot.
It was not something I did lightly.
I am thinking about getting another one, but will probably stop at 2.
I don't see why people would turn down someone over a tattoo, even several.
It can go too far, people almost covered in them are a turn off, but as long as it's not to that extreme, I don't think twice about it.
I focus on more important things, like compatability, the type of person they are, how they will treat me, etc.
I've been alone for several years now, but I would like to meet someone eventually.
I worry about nitpicky people, they are likely to find themselves alone for life.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/12/2016 10:46:25 PM
I've always personally had mixed feelings about tats because my mother's generation denigrated people who had them but my oldest brother has several very beautiful tattoos so I have also always loved them. I have three tattoos, first one when I was 48 :) The first was a breast cancer tat I got with my daughter to remind us always how lucky I am to be here. The other too also had "reasons" behind them and are pretty. Not a fan of some tats I personally deem ugly but I can appreciate people's reasons for whatever they wind up doing.

Don't get a tattoo to impress or attract anyone, get it because it means something to you and because you want to wear it for the rest of your life barring painful removal surgery
 Maleman999
Msg: 142
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/13/2016 8:34:08 AM

I don't see why people would turn down someone over a tattoo, even several.

It's called preferences, just like a million other things that are preferences for accepting or rejecting someone-too short, too fat, not good looking enough, etc, etc. On the flip side, I haven't heard of someone rejecting a person solely because of the lack of tattoos.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 143
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/13/2016 8:44:04 AM

I chose mine because it represents how I feel inside.

That being the case, I certainly have seen a fair number of people who must feel like real sh!t.
 You_missed_out
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/13/2016 11:02:38 AM

In my experience, women who have their hair colored that artificial neon red or purple are like grenades with the pin pulled. Keep your distance. This is a learned behavior. I always liked those colors in anime shows....it's just the people I've met that do that are more unstable than the cartoons. Visual cues -- HEED THEM.

A cry of "PISH" rang out from the crowd. Such a generalising statement. So, is that the same for men? My hair has been various shades of red for the past 14 months, usually starts bright red (as it is currently) until it grows out and washes out (by then it's an orangy/ginger with dark roots) so it gets cut and dyed again. I dye mine in the memory of my 15yo niece - does that make me unstable?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 145
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/13/2016 11:11:52 AM

and you spend waaayy more than you should on it.

I figured tattoos weren't cheap, so I stopped in a tattoo parlor once when I was on an artwalk, and asked the guy there how much they were on average. He said they were a wide range of prices, depending on size, color, etc., so out of curiosity I asked how much a whole arm sleeve-like he had- would cost, and his reply was "about $6000.00".
I thought to myself that I could find better ways to spend 6 grand than sitting there for hours with a guy sticking needles in my arm.
 thefrancesann
Msg: 146
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/14/2016 12:20:04 PM
I love tattoos on men and women (I'm not bi, I just like tattoos). However, just because I'm a lover of tats doesn't mean I'd like a man simply because of his tattoos. Meeting an adult with at least one tattoo (even if it's a small one) has become the norm now so it's kind of odd when you meet someone who doesn't have any. It would be stupid to get something permanent just because you think it could attract women. The tattoo(s) may attract them but it would be your personality that kept them.
 Maleman999
Msg: 147
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/14/2016 1:42:45 PM

Meeting an adult with at least one tattoo (even if it's a small one) has become the norm now so it's kind of odd when you meet someone who doesn't have any.

That might be the norm where you are, but in my part of the world, being tattoo-less is not considered unusual. Tattoos are more common now than they used to be, but it's nowhere near the point where almost everyone has at least one, and unusual to not have one. Maybe it partly has to do with the fact that being in a place that has cold winters, people bundle up and have to cover up their tattoos 7 or 8 months of the year, so they don't see the point if they can't show it off in public all of the time.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/14/2016 4:04:00 PM

Such a generalising statement. So, is that the same for men? I dye mine in the memory of my 15yo niece - does that make me unstable?

Yes! It's a generalising statement with a qualifyer: In my experience...
I might judge you as unstable for you explosive reaction to my statement = Q.E.D. But I don't really know you, so...meh...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 149
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 12/14/2016 5:10:06 PM
I always enjoy the judgy ones.. usually who whine about never dating
I like all the fun hair hues. I sometimes streak mine blue or violet
Now, pedal bikes
meh :p
 MohawkMayhemRebel
Msg: 150
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/6/2017 2:49:43 AM
Only morons flock. If you want to attract the right women, just be you. Tattoos are attractive but not if a guy didn't get them for his own reasons or rather for an actual reason. Guys that do that usually get army tattoos or native tattoos and then look stupid when they can't tell you the meaning behind it. That is the biggest turn off regarded tatted guys, So my advice is to not do it, unless you find something you want to get a tattoo of(That has personal meaning)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?