Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 151
Tattoos or No Tattoos?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?

Homeland Security would say "yes" ...because tattoos act like a Bar Code ...they can be used to track, identify and profile someone ..which may explain why it's now trendy to get a tattoo or to encourage others to get them (Big Brother-ism)

also during times of intimacy depending on what the tattoo supposedly represents things could get kinda weird ....especially due to the fact that some tattoos represent a Death or other tragedies ...

a tattoo-less significant other might become apprehensive in touching that tattooed part of the body due to the fear of being aroused by it or the tragedy it represents and/or spend time during intimacy making sure they don't accidentally touch that body part ......which are some of the ways a tattoo can have a psychological effect on the significant other
 100MilesFromMemphis
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/7/2017 3:30:28 PM
I have tatoo covering my shoulder, up back and halfway down bicep. It was expensive that took 3 or 4 sessions. I'm love and I couldn't care what any one else think about it. I t in full covered with a short sleeve shirt I conceal it for professional settings.

I do like tattoos on women depending on the body part. Tattoos on the face, neck, stomach and knuckles, breasts, genitals, thighs are all a bit much much for me. Breast tattoos seem especially trashy for some reason. Sleeves are OK, but I'm not sure I want to seriously date woman a with one.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/7/2017 7:58:08 PM

I do like tattoos on women depending on the body part. Tattoos on the face, neck, stomach and knuckles, breasts, genitals, thighs are all a bit much much for me. Breast tattoos seem especially trashy for some reason. Sleeves are OK,

Tattoos are also a good way to try to chat up women because they generally enjoy the confirmation that attention provides. They likely spent a lot of $$ on them, after all. It also gives you license to admire their body parts. Just make sure you admire the body parts that have the tattoo on them, though.

but I'm not sure I want to seriously date woman a with one.

Pretty much my sentiment. I would un-seriously date one, though.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/7/2017 10:15:05 PM

Pretty much my sentiment. I would un-seriously date one, though.

Heh~! You got that right - I think most men would agree. I my case I'd make my non-committed intentions very clear.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 155
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:33:17 AM
Why not have no tattoos your profiles then?
Finally got up courage but was told ink on the finger doesn't last well, so passed.
I'll buy those fake transfers.
The one I would really enjoy would be far too many sessions and far too expensive
 Maleman999
Msg: 156
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/8/2017 7:45:23 PM
"Why not have no tattoos your profiles then?"

Might as well add that the list of what a person doesn't want, like the profiles that say "If you're a player, liar, cheater, married person (and now add 'have tattoos'), don't waste your time contacting me.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/8/2017 9:23:45 PM
^^^^ You know, in this case I suspect that people would actually OBEY that request! No evidence to support that. Maybe some of the Forumites can tell us if they've had an incident like that.

"Why not have no tattoos your profiles then?" --- UNLESS you are looking for the "The One", it may not be a DATE-KILLER, just a romance killer.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 4:23:18 AM

Breast tattoos seem especially trashy for some reason.

I once got messaged by a woman who had prominently placed breast tattoos (as in visible and difficult to cover up). On one was the Liverpool Football Club crest and on the other was a red imp with the name Lee above it. She admitted that it was the name of an ex boyfriend but then said that it was OK because one of her nephews was called Levi and she could pretend she had it done for him.

Riiiiiight... Needless to say, we never met up.

Some body art is truly body art and really is a wonder to behold. Some of it is just ink.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 159
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 5:26:46 AM
And you could have changed your name to Lee Tiger :/
As long as it isn't a teardrop on their cheek or a cross on their forehead I like most of them.
Like you guys would kick Rhianna to the curb
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Walts
Msg: 160
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 6:07:20 AM
It doesn't "bother" me one way or the other what anyone decides to do their bodies. The same with piercings, dying your hair, painting on your eyebrows and lips, blushing up your cheekbones, choice of clothing. But, do remember, you do what you do to be "noticed" and to be "looked at". There should be no denying such.

Now, with that, for all of you that have decided to express yourself the way you do, can you sit and do the same about others when they express themselves for only reasons known to them?

Some can, and some won't.

That's called irony.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 161
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 12:17:56 PM
I have tattoos.
I've never been called trashy...that I know of.
If I have, it's been behind my back, in which case...who gives a shyte?

They have meaning...to me. Even if they didn't...again who should
care?

If you don't like tattoos...don't get them or date them.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 12:44:19 PM
If God wanted us to have tattoos, He would have imprinted an SKU on our foreheads!

Ooops! He did. Its called you DNA!
 Maleman999
Msg: 163
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 2:35:53 PM
I don't understand people who get tattoos on their backside-whether it's on the back of their neck, back of the shoulder or bum. Unless a person is a contortionist and can bend their body like a pretzel, is almost impossible to see. So it seems the purpose is strictly for other people to see, like a billboard. That's taking quite a chance, an expensive chance-getting it with the hope other people will be impressed with it.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2017 2:54:02 AM

Like you guys would kick Rhianna to the curb

Uh-uh; since she's a bit of a Fag Ash Lil and I'm very much anti-smoking, even in the unlikely event of her making advances, I'd wave her away. ;)))

Like I said, some art is fabulous, and I have absolutely nothing against that. Other tattoos seem poorly though out in comparison, and if that's the case, it might shed light on someone's impulse control.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 165
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2017 4:31:30 AM
k, never heard that expression before - now I have to hunt down the origin. Mercy I'd date her!
Funny how simple things like tattoos can be such a deal breaker.
So how do you feel about tribal scarring? /
 rearguard*2
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2017 9:30:47 AM
I have to say that while tattoos can be very nice on a younger woman, I have seen them on older women for whom the skin has deteriorated with age, and the tattoos look considerably less appealing to me on them. In any event, I have never personally dated anyone with a tattoo, mainly because the occasion has never arisen.
 gtomustang
Msg: 167
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2017 9:58:50 AM
"Like you guys would kick Rhianna to the curb"

>>>apparently i'm the only fellow who thinks her face isn't pretty, b/c someone I used to work with was also surprised I wasn't impressed by her. Nice figure, tho, and a talented singer from what I can tell. Still, its her focus on domestic violence that's another turnoff. And to be frank, she'd kick me to the curb first, I won't do what Chris did to her, or tie her to the bed and set the house on fire as Eminem said once in a song or engage in S&M whips and chains.

I'll agree with what Tiger said, some art is great, some is inspirational, and other art is.....schitt.
 hemingway234
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/14/2018 11:59:25 AM
I wanna get a tattoo on my backside that says, "If you can read this you are too close!"
 purplerider1200
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/14/2018 3:32:02 PM
I got my first tat when I was 6 years old. A more common name for the one I got, is called scars. I've gotten more since then. The other kind? Gimme a Sharpie. About the time I would get bored with it, it would have washed off by then.
 backcreek7
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/14/2018 3:53:58 PM
.... I have one tattoo, on my arm ~ a devil standing on a cloud ~ pitchfork & all. Still has excellent color, after 1/2 a century, col ( chuckle out loud ) I was 15 at the time, cost me a whopping 8$ ...

... I tried to hide it from my parents ( especially my mom ) but only after a few days, she saw it and almost fainted. OMG ! Paul ( dad ) !!! We'll have to cut his arm off, cut his arm off - How could he do such a thing ? Well ! it took quite some time before she got over it . Back then, getting a tattoo was almost un- heard of, only criminals & jazz musicians got them, col.

... >>>> So I was bad stevie > bad stevie > bad > bad> bad !!! If she only knew what was to follow, she might have croaked. Not that I was evil or anything, just a " wild child " partying down & enjoying the 60's, col.

... Anyhoo, I figure with inflation. my tats worth around 125$ now, it is THAT good ! Ahhh, never mind ~ I was thinking of selling it but...
... > nahhhh> think I'll keep it, as we are > rather attached , col !

heart / sun
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:48:05 PM
NO TATTOOS !!!

Find a less permanent trendy fad to engage in.

Like torn sweatshirts and bell bottoms.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/14/2018 9:57:50 PM
Once upon a time you didn't see many people with tats. I think that's what made them interesting, but with the acceptance and proliferation it seems most people have them. Sadly with more people covering so much of their body with tats they have lost their appeal for me.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/15/2018 4:51:32 AM
In a fit of friendship, my ex and her two girlfriends got identical tats, and tried to talk me into getting one that matched theirs, but in a different, but more masculine light. I put it off for a while, thinking that she'd forget it. A year later, she and the girlfriends went in seperate directions, and we filed for divorce.

Makes me wonder what she thinks of that tat now.
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 174
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/15/2018 6:46:01 AM
There are people who get tattoos of their partner's name or picture, then they break up. I know a guy who did this, and tried to cover it up by getting a tattoo on top of the old tattoo. But it looked like a big blob to me, and didn't look much like what he said it was suppose to be.
 dpwesu
Msg: 175
Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 9/15/2018 6:51:37 AM
I don't mind maybe one or two.......but if you are literally covered head to toe with tattoos and piercings.....forget it.....It's just NOT attractive to me......but to each their own.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tattoos or No Tattoos?