Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Don't Look, He Will Come to You      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 51
Don't Answer, He Will Come to YouPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
^ See now, you have an unfair advantage in the game, what with the upgraded profile. Must be crazy making, though.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 52
Don't Answer, He Will Come to You
Posted: 7/30/2016 1:57:20 PM

.........find the men who will play games with them

LOL I have about 4 sets of 6 dice, don't carry a purse soooooo......in my truck, in my back pack, my red carry-all bag, the beach bag.................I have taught complete strangers how to play, '10,000'. No strategy needed, just luck. Love playing games.........unless money is involved. forget it!

There is a fine line between "looking around" and "waiting around". If I had waited at home, behind closed doors, drapes closed, the chances of being found were slim to none. One has to at least go stand out in the yard, LOL
Posted: 7/31/2016 11:06:22 AM
Ladyinred0407:

There is a fine line between "looking around" and "waiting around".

Ok, cliche' police. At least you communicated, and had some sense here. But something still slipped through - "fine line". So hard to break the programming sometimes.

I don't think this is a fine line. The jest of the points made is that it's kind of a fat well-marked line.

...until, of course, some jibber jabber wants to twist it up away from what it really is in order to appear to make a case that it's a fine line.

And whatsamattababy...is this a case when you don't know what the heck I'm talking about?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/1/2016 11:38:36 AM
^ Huh? What? Dude, I don't even know what I'm talking about, the vast majority of the time. I open my mouth, and jibberish speweth.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Kelleebabes
Msg: 55
Don't Look, He Will Come to You
Posted: 8/8/2016 5:25:14 PM
The Law of Attraction...you reap what you sow...just put your intentions out into the universe...And then just wait for the Law to work for you...in the mean time . relax. do something special for yourself,,,read a book, take a class. paint your bedroom... when you least expect it...that's when you'll meet someone who's ready to meet you too...The Law is always at work!...Have fun
 Walts
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/8/2016 5:36:18 PM
^^^^^^^ Rules and laws suck the big one.

I hate em.

And I break em just for the fun of it.

Got anymore poster board sayings?????

:P
 Maleman999
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/9/2016 6:50:03 AM

And then just wait for the Law to work for you...in the mean time . relax. do something special for yourself,,,read a book, take a class. paint your bedroom...

If I do that, I might be too busy to notice or not have time when the One suddenly shows up.
Posted: 8/9/2016 10:28:13 AM

...when you least expect it...that's when you'll meet someone who's ready to meet you too...

Does it happen very often that someone is expecting it when they meet someone?
 Maleman999
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/9/2016 2:01:12 PM
Define "when you least expect it". Meeting the One is not on my mind at all times. In fact, it's not on my mind that much. So most of the time. I least expect it. But nothing is happening to change it. That, I expect.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/13/2016 9:56:13 AM

Topically appropriate:

I just saw an amusing and entertaining picture on a woman's profile.

Against site rules because she wasn't in it.

But still .....

A park bench in the middle of a field.
On the bench a skeleton in a dress and long wig.

On the bench next to the skeleton a sign:

"Waiting for the perfect man"
 cflisthebest
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:33:30 PM
very sexist if you ask me. you want the right guy? go get him, don't wait for him to come find you because quite possibly he may never find you without any help from yourself!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2016 1:50:54 PM
The laws of attraction and all those cliche-ish sayings are basically saying the same thing.

Be happy with yourself and stay involved in the environment that you're in. People who are happy and interested will attract others generally speaking. Increase your social network, go to a new group or activity. Find things to add to what you enjoy doing, any time you're out meeting new people it increases your inner confidence (now this is my OWN theory, not from any book).

Don't limit yourself to singles events only, good Lord, the few I've attended to from here I've only met interesting ladies. It's like high school the boys stay on one side of the room the girls on the other. Seriously, very disappointing, yet I may strike out again and get out to another one.

You become an interesting person by BEING interested (another one of my own pet theories).
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2016 8:52:36 AM

I have heard this several times before, where people have told me "Don't look for him, let him come to you". As far as looking for a guy on a dating site, app, through friends, or out at a local place like a bar, concert, or other event. But is this true, if you don't bother looking, the guy will eventually pop-up? What do you think of this form of method for dating?

It's been my experience that it's only true if you believe in ESP, unless you're always out and about and are godawful good-looking.

Honestly though, I can say from experience that the whole Sleeping Beauty bit should have been quietly laid to rest in the 1950s.

If you know what you want, go out and get him... this is not some male chauvinist country where women get arrested for taking the initiative. The preamble to our Constitution says "life, liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS". That means us too, sister.
 illinigirl2168
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2016 9:05:20 AM
as my late father used to say sarcastically to his friend "Maybe someone will come to the door"

It's a quote from Oscar to Felix after his divorce, from the original Odd Couple movie, which is one of my fave's by the way:)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:15:34 AM
The postman always rings twice my lady...
 nataly66687
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:26:02 AM
Well I have found a guy that likes me for me, and I was the one that messaged him first on POF and him and I have been talking everyday since we first started talking last month. I think things will work out with this guy and I am happy for that.
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:21:23 AM
....good for you!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:32:44 AM

and I was the one that messaged him first on POF and him and I have been talking everyday since we first started talking last month. I think things will work out with this guy and I am happy for that.

Yet you are still asking for advice in the Profile Review forum.
 Maleman999
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:36:07 AM

The postman always rings twice my lady...

Can you put a sticker or sign on her saying "Return to sender" if it doesn't work out?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 3:01:28 PM

Well I have found a guy that likes me for me, and I was the one that messaged him first on POF and him and I have been talking everyday since we first started talking last month. I think things will work out with this guy and I am happy for that

You think things will work out after two meet-ups?? Blimey.
 nataly66687
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/23/2016 4:19:56 PM
Him and I have talked every single day and have discussed a lot of BIG topics and he is very accepting of me for me, doesn't care about my past or anything like that, he likes me for me. I am happy and he is happy.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/25/2016 10:24:15 PM
Sounds serious.
When's the wedding and can we all come?
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/26/2016 5:55:08 AM

Him and I have talked every single day and have discussed a lot of BIG topics

I bet I know the biggest topic...
 Maleman999
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/26/2016 7:23:30 AM

(Msg 73).....he is very accepting of me for me, doesn't care about my past

Inquiring minds want to know. What about your past, and why wouldn't he accept you for you? Did you do anything shady or controversial in your past?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Don't Look, He Will Come to You