Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much time do you spend texting before meeting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 49
view profile
History
How much time do you spend texting before barfing?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Call vs. text. You didn't understand the issue.

I fully understood it. You'd specifically call her when getting her #. I said not every gal wants to talk on the phone with someone they never met before, if meeting/get-together is right around the corner.

And in my age bracket and in my experience the big majority want to hear your voice before they decide to meet. Your experience has been different???

Yep, it has. And I'm not talking about 20-somethings either. Heck, around 10 years ago in my 20s I'd be fraternizing with gals in their 30s all the time. Calling on the phone was more prevalent for gals in their 40s, but not every time. Altogether talking on the phone was about a gal living a bit ways away, or in the unfortunate case of wanting to pen-pal first.

All in all, especially today when people are using their phones for POF/Match/OKC/etc, the site messages Is texting -- and a # exchange is done for a more solid connection to do so, plus in-case-sh!t-happens getting in the way of the date, to give a call. The calling's usually desired after things start to pick up in the actual dating. But even then -- many are busy and just want to text for the most part, and leave most the voice talking to in-person. And if anything, way too much texting - lol.
 PandaPoop7
Msg: 50
How much time do you spend texting before meeting?
Posted: 8/9/2016 6:48:57 PM
i agree with what everyone has said so far you know what i mean yes you do ddd
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 51
Posted: 8/9/2016 7:28:00 PM
^ Nice captions. And I just saw a bare bum. I think someone's messing with people's profiles. I better get good boobs.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:15:48 AM
I looked, I didn't see any homeless guys on a train.

I think everyone should get good boobs. i'd like a pair myself. Does anyone make a bed pillow shaped like a pair? Fill it up with hot toddy for accuracy, and I wouldn't even have to get up in the middle of the night for a drink. hmm, I might just have a business idea there...
 kj521
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/10/2016 10:54:03 AM
I don't think I got enough sleep last night but I swear....Mr. Poop was a Mrs. this morning! :/

And psst! Ms. Baby....I saw the captions, too. Missed the bum, though.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/10/2016 12:14:33 PM
^ Oh, thank god. That would have been really weird sh*t for me to have imagined.

The bum wasn't bad as far as bare bums go, I guess. It was on the profile of one of our regular users, but I'll not say whose obviously, because I don't think it was intended for public consumption.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 55
view profile
History
How much time do you spend texting before barfing?
Posted: 1/15/2019 5:44:36 PM
So I read all this and in my case, exchanged half a dozen chat messages on POF and arranged to meet for coffee. Great! Nice guy. Not too hard to look at, good conversationalist, quirky sense of humour and honest about 17 years of sobrietry. We agree that it would be nice to meet again and exchanged phone numbers. A bombardment of text messages began at 10:07 pm before I even got home 20 minutes later from our coffee date. 36 hours later, he had inititated almost 40 messages in spite of the fact that after about 20 I told him I was not a fan of text chatter but would prefer a phone call or a planned visit. Well.....I ended that. I didn't even get time to rationalize my thinking about him, to consider the options based on what he told me......anyway.....way too much way too soon.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 10:08:52 AM
OP. Sincerity and several accounts. How does that compute?
 Akitahun
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 8:36:25 PM
I can talk faster than texting. Most just want someone to chat with and have no intention of meeting IRL. Just like the ones who will never give their ph# but will call you on yours. OR the ones that will only meet for lunch....because they have someone at home waiting for them at dinner. Why don't you wait until you are truly single before pulling this nonsense!!!~
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much time do you spend texting before meeting?