Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jharp05
Msg: 49
view profile
History
What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok - I'm guilty of this same behavior. I just don't have a lot of recent photos without a hat. Yes, it's a self image issue. It's nothing I can do about it. Believe me I've tried and it's frustrating. To accept that my happiness in life depends on one persons thought on whether I have hair or not. My thought is, that if Men had more positive encouragement rather than dirty looks or rejection from the female persuasion, them maybe it would boost their confidence a little and I wouldn't think twice about it.

I know its not up to the woman to do this for a man, but if it would help then why not?. I also know that females have their own self image issues, and I'm not here to discredit that. We all have issues, like it or not. Some just get through them easier. We're all here to find happiness in one way or another.

But my biggest question is how to break this news to someone without conveying low self esteem? say if someone has already been out with someone a couple of times. Is it best done in person, through conversation over text?
 Dinno76
Msg: 50
What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?
Posted: 11/14/2017 5:59:52 PM
Ask them to provide a hatless photo. That easy.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2017 12:28:59 PM

Most men will assume a woman thinks they're suffering from male pattern baldness if she asks for a photo where he is not wearing a hat.

It'd be laughable to think that thought isn't in her mind. Of course it is. Every time. May not be the ONLY thing, but it certainly would be.

What I have noticed when wearing a hat is how much of a difference people see me when I take it off......I think it is a surprise to them, a disappointment, a shock......

Depends what type of hat. If it's covering up more than just their hair, and covering their face -- yeah. It can be a "Why are you wearing that hat? I can see you now." But pics with a gal in a baseball cap -- I can see what she looks like just fine. Are guys going "Hey babe, you only have a couple photos. They're clear, they're fine -- but you're wearing a baseball cap, even though it's not at all covering up your face one bit. Can you give me one without it? I need to know."? No. Why would a gal ask the same thing? Hair line. :)
 Swayze_Forever
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2017 1:11:41 PM
I shave my head with no remorse, and I wear hats as an accessory to my fashion, not to hide anything. Also, If someone still buys into the completely archaic belief that hats shouldn’t be worn indoors, you are way too old/conservative/both for me to bother with you in the first place. These forums are such a cesspool of bitter, jaded individuals.
 alpha__waves
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/23/2017 9:19:14 PM
Balding men should just Bic the dome. There are plenty of women who love dudes with shaved heads
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > What is best approach asking a man to provide a hatless photo?