Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The 80/20 rules and why relationships suck today.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 66
The 80/20 rules and why relationships suck today.Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

"Sometimes those who don't socialize much, aren't actually anti-social. They just have no tolerance for drama, stupidity, and fake people."

I like that.

I like that, too.

And people can't even blame my attitude on smoking and a bad divorce.

I had nothing to do with how the dating landscape changed,

Me either.

Today things are harder than they should be.

Actually, I think they have always been harder than they should have been.

When you know better...you do better!

Really?

So, all the people who rob banks and burglarize people's homes and businesses just don't know any better?
If someone would just point out to them that what they do is morally wrong and illegal, they will stop doing it?

How about the Mafia?
How about druglords and drug dealers?
How about 3rd generation gang members?

They just don't know any better?

Or maybe they just don't care.
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 67
The 80/20 rules and why relationships suck today.
Posted: 9/11/2016 11:02:55 AM
Don’t make the mistake of choosing 20% over the 80% you already have.
Remember, happiness doesn’t happen overnight. It takes time to develop a relationship into something more than just a “casual thing.”

So you you have 20% shortfall in your relationship? you might want to find a short-term, casual thing to find the 20% of things that are missing.
Then by all means go find your missing 20%
But if you want longevity, take a second look at your 80% you already have.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:49:03 AM
I agree that beards are a turn-off, but then I'm a guy. I am at a loss to comprehend the surging popularity of "stupid-stubble" beards among men. Why do men think beards are great? I know one guy who sys his beard hides his chinlessness, and two who say it hides thier massive jowls, but beyond that...

80/20 is the sort of silly statistic that Donald Trump loves. Even Hillary Clinton fell afoul of "half of Trump's supporters," using a common phrase for "part of" that becomes a fantastatistic. (My portmanteau coinage for "fantasy statistic.")

It's like "Sturgeon's law": "ninety percent of everything is crap." Though I remembered it as "86% of everything is crap." The point is that generalizations are no made any more correct or precise by sticking BS numbers on them.
ED BEAR
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/12/2016 1:21:18 PM

I am at a loss to comprehend the surging popularity of "stupid-stubble" beards among men. Why do men think beards are great? I know one guy who sys his beard hides his chinlessness, and two who say it hides thier massive jowls, but beyond that...

Simple. Women. Women like men that look like men. While some women like the clear face thing, there are a lot of them that want their men to be hairy. The more hair, the more they like the guy.
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/12/2016 3:11:17 PM
I have dated women in the past who loved my then beard, but I usually had a "stupid-stubble" in my high school and college days.. It never hurt my ability to date.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/12/2016 4:39:58 PM
Me...
]When you know better...you do better!

Fullmoomguy

Really?

So, all the people who rob banks and burglarize people's homes and businesses just don't know any better?
If someone would just point out to them that what they do is morally wrong and illegal, they will stop doing it?

How about the Mafia?
How about druglords and drug dealers?
How about 3rd generation gang members?..

I believe we were talking about "relationships"...were we not? and figuring out what works for you.
For example....I know, I no longer will tolerate someone that drinks too much...as I have aged I have learned or know what signs
to look for if someone is lying and I do better because I no longer feel deceived....when it's right...you'll know.
Thus the saying.....
 ugehayagfay
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/19/2016 10:05:18 AM
I thought the 80/20 rule was that 20% of men have sex with 80% of women
 platypus_man
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2016 6:48:15 PM

I thought the 80/20 rule was that 20% of men have sex with 80% of women

I thought that was from another dating website that stated women find 80% of men below average. Interesting, though.

Date women who need less ambition in you

FIFY
I got really tired of hearing women complain that the guy she was with wasn't ambitious enough. To me, that means she felt entitled to be able to spend more money than he made. And that's just wrong.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > The 80/20 rules and why relationships suck today.