Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Shewymacfee
Msg: 233
A Horse With No NamePage 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I started to talk with my friend Jack Daniels at page 2,,,, nope things are not getting clearer.

Still living with your poor 60yo parents, they have done everything to get you on the straight and narrow, but looks like it is a losing battle.
Sorry if you were a daughter of mines you would be kicked out on your little Touche to find out what the real world is all about.
Got some JD left plus some Oreos if anyone wants to join me (:-D
 GlassArmonica
Msg: 234
A Horse With No Name
Posted: 9/20/2016 4:28:07 AM
Hey Shewy, got any idea how much rents are going for in L.A. these days? http://laist.com/2016/03/11/cost_of_living_los_angeles.php And entry level pay there is pure stinking garbage compared to the London area, for the time being anyhow.

And guess what? It's in large part thanks to smug clueless baby boomers like you who basically had everything on a bloody platter handed to you,

and who now whine on internet message boards about the failings of 'darn kids these days' ... sellouts like you who destroyed it for the rest of us that came by 1-2 generations after.

The problem here isn't mainly the fault of this young woman. In part, it is. But it's mainly the fault of her stupid boomer parents that coddled, spoiled,

overprotected and did precisely jack shit to prepare her for the ****ed up world you hypocritical shitbags left us out here.
 Cynderella
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Dating Someone That Has Nothing
Posted: 10/15/2016 5:28:50 PM

And what if they NEVER got their life together,

Sounds like you lack selfworth.
I personally would work on myself and have a life plan before I dump my sorry ass on someone to support me.
 tizzabelle
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 6:13:57 PM
Cynderella, myself and a number of others have basically said the same things to Nataly already.

here is my response to your deleted thread:

My husband had a good job and, I worked part-time/casual jobs right up until I had my kids ~12 years into the marriage. Then I became a stay at home mom for a number of years.

I think it can happen but, it is more and more unusual these days that both people are not working for wages.
I also think that unless both people are happy minimalists and/or individually wealthy or, she is a super model gorgeous bimbo and, he is rich... there are very few men willing to support their women completely. It's just very rare these days to see that outside of certain religious groups.
 Cynderella
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 6:34:49 PM
Thanks Tizzabelle....^^^
After spending some time reading her history I came to one of two things:
Perhaps mental illness.
Or
Someone with a very weird sence of Humour.

Back in the old forum days there was a damn funny guy who would make up the strangest and funniest threads. OMG he was funny!
I miss the good old days lol

This seems a bit desperate. Sorry to say.
 tizzabelle
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2016 7:09:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3un5f6qLi_k
 TheReason_
Msg: 239
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 10:46:40 AM
What do you do for money? How would you contribute to a relationship. It's hard enough to keep my own mouth fed and a roof over my head, let alone another one.
 Vannili
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:39:33 PM
[ quote/] I would never date someone like this because I'd always stuck paying for the coffee. [Quote/]

Gee! I thought I am the most cheap skate in the world, 'cause I bring my own thermos of Hot Coffee on a coffee date.
 gtomustang
Msg: 241
Dating Someone who Has Nothing
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:43:13 PM
I probably posted this before, but a friend of mine is on a strict budget until the end of the year (as in when thirsty, has to go look for a place that might have a public drinking fountain b/c she can't afford to waste what she has left buying a soda in a convenience store someplace. Thankfully she found $84 in change we ran thru the bank today, that can go to her debts). Its fun to be creative and figure out ways to save here and there and stretch a dime. But, I compare it to my days without air conditioning.

You swear you can live without the convenience, that its just a luxury, that it isn't worth spending the $100 or whatever it costs. So what if cloth seats smell of your sweat? so what if you can't sleep. You can live that way, people did it long ago. Who really needs material things? But then you get a chance to live with air conditioning or extra change in your pockets to allow you more options. and then you quickly decide...you really can't live life the old way, that its worth working a little more to get more options in life, that air conditioning is totally worth the meager cost for those 8 weeks a year you desperately need it.

its funny how the viewpoint changes.
 ohenryx
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Dating Someone who Has Nothing
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:22:33 PM
Interesting post. I tell people that the best years of my life were in college, while I was dead broke. But so was everyone around me. We would walk the roadsides for miles, collecting pop bottles at 3 cents apiece to get money to buy beer. And then party like there was no tomorrow.

You didn’t spend money on dates, there was no money. You went for a walk, not for a drive. You had no car, and you couldn’t have afforded gas if you had a car. But it was still the best times of my life.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:41:22 PM
Nataly
love the pic in the pretty green dress and your smile. You look so nice. I dont know why people are wearing the black rimmed glasses now as they are not flattering but I guess it is the fashion.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:44:38 PM
On a few first meets I have had I bought my own coffee and in this day and age when women are supposedly equal, I think that is fair.
If we get along and the guy offers something more then I would accept graciously. As for dating someone with nothing, not going to happen. They have to have equal to what I have to offer otherwise it is an unhealthy balance. All well and fine when you are very young and a student and most are the same boat but I am sure that distance lends enchantment and the early days are seen in a rosy hue.
 ohenryx
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:55:54 PM

As for dating someone with nothing, not going to happen. They have to have equal to what I have to offer otherwise it is an unhealthy balance.

Luckily men don't tend to feel the same way. Else there would be very few relationships of any kind out there. Dating, FWB, marriage, live-apart-together, whatever. Imagine that you had to bring a complete list of your assets to an initial meeting. And if the two of you didn't match (within a few percentage points), the whole thing is off!
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 8:57:14 PM

What do you do for money? How would you contribute to a relationship. It's hard enough to keep my own mouth fed and a roof over my head, let alone another one.

Are you looking for love or support?

I wish my dating problems could be as petty as all of these people's.

Just remember something, while you're all ****ing in all of these threads that he doesn't make enough money, doesn't have his own car, lives with roommates, etc., there's people like me who literally nobody is interested in dating and hasn't really been for well over a year so far. You think YOU have it hard? Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE. But all of you keep talking about how hard it is that some guy wants to date you but he's temporarily unemployed, or living at home still to save money... I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

Give it a f'n rest already! Do you like the guy? Then date him. Don't like him? Don't date him. That's literally all you need.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself. There's nothing hard about your dating life. If you want to be together, you'll do what millions of other people do, you'll make it work. Enough with these threads. Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.
 2ufo2
Msg: 247
Posted: 12/7/2016 10:26:31 PM

...Sitting home ALONE...

Gosh, you say that like it's a BAD thing.

If you don't like it, don't do it.
If I don't want to sit at home alone, I visit friends or go to a café and people-watch.
I take the dog for a walk around the block.
I go for a drive with the windows down.
I sit outside quietly and listen to the night noises or try to identify constellations that I used to know when I was a kid.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself. There's nothing hard about your dating life. If you want to be together, you'll do what millions of other people do, you'll make it work. Enough with these threads. Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.

Wouldn't it be equal to say these same things of you? That you're not meeting the woman you want because you CHOOSE not to?

Do I "require" someone who has money, a car, his own home, etc? No, but if someone has nothing then I would be very careful to understand why. Did they wreck their car while driving under the influence, burn down their home in a rage of pyromania, and lose all their money through addictive gambling? That's not someone's baggage I could manage.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 10:52:55 AM

Just remember something, while you're all ****ing in all of these threads that he doesn't make enough money, doesn't have his own car, lives with roommates, etc., there's people like me who literally nobody is interested in dating and hasn't really been for well over a year so far. You think YOU have it hard? Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE. But all of you keep talking about how hard it is that some guy wants to date you but he's temporarily unemployed, or living at home still to save money... I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

Suddenly reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/8/2016 11:30:24 AM

They have to have equal to what I have to offer

Me having that attitude would SEVERELY limit my prospects.

Know what I'm doing Friday night?

The same thing you do every night.
TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
(Borrowed from Pinky and the Brain)

I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

I don't feel really bad for them.
Although, since that sounded like sarcasm, I suspect you don't either.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself.

Ain't that the truth.

There's nothing hard about your dating life.

Well, there is about mine, but not those other people.

Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.

That's true.
There's no line at my front door.

I go for a drive with the windows down.

Do you yell "MOO" when you pass by cows?

That's due to an affliction known as bovinitis:

The irresistible urge in humans to yell "MOO" when they see a cow.
 2ufo2
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/8/2016 4:06:29 PM
^^^
No, but I do howl at the full moon...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing