Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Dating Someone That Has NothingPage 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

What do you do for money? How would you contribute to a relationship. It's hard enough to keep my own mouth fed and a roof over my head, let alone another one.

Are you looking for love or support?

I wish my dating problems could be as petty as all of these people's.

Just remember something, while you're all ****ing in all of these threads that he doesn't make enough money, doesn't have his own car, lives with roommates, etc., there's people like me who literally nobody is interested in dating and hasn't really been for well over a year so far. You think YOU have it hard? Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE. But all of you keep talking about how hard it is that some guy wants to date you but he's temporarily unemployed, or living at home still to save money... I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

Give it a f'n rest already! Do you like the guy? Then date him. Don't like him? Don't date him. That's literally all you need.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself. There's nothing hard about your dating life. If you want to be together, you'll do what millions of other people do, you'll make it work. Enough with these threads. Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.
 2ufo2
Msg: 247
Dating Someone That Has Nothing
Posted: 12/7/2016 10:26:31 PM

...Sitting home ALONE...

Gosh, you say that like it's a BAD thing.

If you don't like it, don't do it.
If I don't want to sit at home alone, I visit friends or go to a café and people-watch.
I take the dog for a walk around the block.
I go for a drive with the windows down.
I sit outside quietly and listen to the night noises or try to identify constellations that I used to know when I was a kid.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself. There's nothing hard about your dating life. If you want to be together, you'll do what millions of other people do, you'll make it work. Enough with these threads. Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.

Wouldn't it be equal to say these same things of you? That you're not meeting the woman you want because you CHOOSE not to?

Do I "require" someone who has money, a car, his own home, etc? No, but if someone has nothing then I would be very careful to understand why. Did they wreck their car while driving under the influence, burn down their home in a rage of pyromania, and lose all their money through addictive gambling? That's not someone's baggage I could manage.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 10:52:55 AM

Just remember something, while you're all ****ing in all of these threads that he doesn't make enough money, doesn't have his own car, lives with roommates, etc., there's people like me who literally nobody is interested in dating and hasn't really been for well over a year so far. You think YOU have it hard? Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE. But all of you keep talking about how hard it is that some guy wants to date you but he's temporarily unemployed, or living at home still to save money... I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

Suddenly reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 249
Posted: 12/8/2016 11:30:24 AM

They have to have equal to what I have to offer

Me having that attitude would SEVERELY limit my prospects.

Know what I'm doing Friday night?

The same thing you do every night.
TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD.
(Borrowed from Pinky and the Brain)

I REALLY feel bad for you being held back by your superficial demands of what it takes to date you.

I don't feel really bad for them.
Although, since that sounded like sarcasm, I suspect you don't either.

Getting so old hearing about all these made up dating problems that you just create for yourself.

Ain't that the truth.

There's nothing hard about your dating life.

Well, there is about mine, but not those other people.

Know why you're not meeting decent guys who have jobs and support themselves? Because you CHOOSE not to.

That's true.
There's no line at my front door.

I go for a drive with the windows down.

Do you yell "MOO" when you pass by cows?

That's due to an affliction known as bovinitis:

The irresistible urge in humans to yell "MOO" when they see a cow.
 2ufo2
Msg: 250
Posted: 12/8/2016 4:06:29 PM
^^^
No, but I do howl at the full moon...
 gtomustang
Msg: 251
Dating Someone who Has Nahzing
Posted: 12/8/2016 5:00:33 PM
"I tell people that the best years of my life were in college, while I was dead broke. But so was everyone around me."

>>>I agree, ONE of the best times in my life was in college. Being Bohemian, doing more with less, it can be a nice respite from over-commercialized material situations. Of course i'm thinking about Christmas, but I also remember a scene in the TV show Mad Men, when people are over Don Draper's house for his daughter's birthday and everyone's looking around bored and one of his friends comments on how Don must love his job b/c he has all the material goods and he nods and drinks his beer and echoes the sentiment that, yep, we've got it all, so it must be great

(also fun in that episode is all the kids playing outside in the playhouse, repeating what they hear at home. "I don't like your attitude", etc. Telling.)

One thing that I didn't like as a college kid was making out in the backseat of a car. THAT cheapness was a back killer, i'd rather go to my place and fool around like an adult, but the gf at the time thought that would break the mood. And hanging out at a mall store, grabassing in the back. i'd rather go home for that, too but then I had my own place at 18.

and cheap beer is....well, tastes like cheap beer :)
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 252
Posted: 12/8/2016 8:17:07 PM
nope. the irony is... women are assumed to be gold diggers but I have actually found there are s lot of men gold diggers who want to live off a woman. if s person is out of work but otherwise stable it's one thing but if their entire life is in chaos and they have nothing settled job living situation or family situation there is no way they would be in s really good place to interact well in s relationship.

Be careful OP
 ripcurl32777
Msg: 253
Posted: 12/8/2016 9:16:52 PM
i WOUDLNT date soemone who doesnt drive if she will be needing me to drive her places. i dislike driving myself. The one time I tried it it lasted two weeks and she was getting a car soon but I coudlnt take it. Also not working or not trying to work and not having a reason and not living on your own...man shed need to be like perfect in bed, mentally, like all my hobbies...and id still be pushing her to work anyplace
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 254
Posted: 12/9/2016 9:09:23 AM
Moonbeam, if you go read post 5, you'll see she is talking about herself. She wants to know if she someone will be willing to date her if she has NOTHING to offer and may not ever get her crap together. As we've seen from her other posts, the answer is NO.
 gtomustang
Msg: 255
nothing else matters, nothing else matters...
Posted: 12/9/2016 9:18:03 AM
and that ^^ would also be ironic. She doesn't seem to have her material life together, and she's complaining about a guy who shows up a month later, afraid of rain, and doesn't seem to present a unified message. Neither one seems to have it all together. That's one of the problems of having a red flag, you don't recognize it when someone else has it.

I don't date guys, but I have female friends who do, and so I can say, there are men out there using women. These man-children do indeed share in common an inability to have their @#@ together. And the women see this clearly, b/c sometimes I haven't met the guy, I've listened to my friend explain all the different ways he didn't have his %# together. So why date him? oh, well...he was kinda cute...and he satisified my need for Mr. Unobtainable But I Can Buy Him...or he fulfilled my absent Daddy issues....or gosh, gee, my life isn't all that together either, hey, can you pay the restaurant bill i'm a little short?

sometimes, we are the constant factor in our own little stormy lives we just can't seem to control. Birds of a feather flock together b/c they want to feel comfortable about how they live their own lives. Or sometimes we aren't interested in the person we're dating, we think we are, but we really like how they satisfy the issue we have in dating.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 256
Posted: 12/9/2016 9:31:49 AM
Pluto ah I get it. I have seen some of her other posts and it does appear self sabotage is alive and well from what she says about herself. I wish people not in a good place would take time and get their ducks in s row. I went in dating strike for almost a year and a half because I wanted to just clear my head and do me. the dating can make it difficult to focus on the rest of life that is out of whacks. when it is s distraction from doing what needs to be done to become a worthwhile contributing member of society it can be a really bad thing to themselves let alone everyone else.

there are programs that can help s person get in their feet and start to live life not passively float through it .. but a person had to want that. OP I Would check those out. they will teach you the tools you need to build a productive self reliant life... the guy is the gravy on top of the meal you already cooked not the train engineer who will drive your life and substanance
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 257
Posted: 12/9/2016 1:17:09 PM

No, but I do howl at the full moon... .

A wise choice.

owwoooowwooooowowwoooooo...........

Birds of a feather flock together

It's difficult to soar with eagles when you're surrounded by a bunch of turkeys.

I don't date guys

Me neither.
 sexandthepof
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2016 9:45:00 PM
Dating someone that has nothing for fun or to void the loneliness for a short time is okay, but not for a long time because it would be too tired.

When you date someone and plan for a long term, you would have to think about a lot of things.

Are your parents VERY RICH? I mean rich to the point when they pass away, and you will inherit their wealth and can live off of it for the rest of your life.

The day of 1950, 1960 is over. At that time, rich men still looked for beautiful sweet girls from rich family. They would not want poor girls who had nothing (financially) to offer. Prostitutes can be sweet, fun and give good sex. Middle class men were okay with sweet, fun girls from middle class families or with girls from poor families but willing to do all the housework, to be good housewives.

Eventually, people change. Both men and women are more ambitious (or greedy); they want more and more of everything, and women need to go out to the world to work to earn money to contribute to buy a big house, nice car and beautiful clothes as they want.

As a woman, I understand the housework is work. But working outside of the house, in a big or small company, you have lots of stress sometimes too. And when unfortunately you lose your job, and your partner never works outside, it would be very worrisome, very depressing.

Most people or no one want to work so hard for some looser, bummer, couch potato who does nothing to contribute to the life they share together. That is too much of a burden.

And I see it this way: In this modern day, if you don’t work outside of the house, your partner will look down on you. S/he will see that you are lazy, you are behind, you have no motivation, no ambition; s/he will be tired of you.
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2016 12:43:48 PM

As a woman, I understand the housework is work. But working outside of the house, in a big or small company, you have lots of stress sometimes too. And when unfortunately you lose your job, and your partner never works outside, it would be very worrisome, very depressing.

Most people or no one want to work so hard for some looser, bummer, couch potato who does nothing to contribute to the life they share together. That is too much of a burden.

More do than you'd think.

There's a reality that exists where people tend to date because they like the other person, not so that they can have help supporting themselves. They don't see these people as a burden, they see them as the person they love and want to be with.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2016 2:03:01 PM

True, but everyone's going to be doing housework. Single guys, single gals living alone (or with kids). When living with someone, the one without a job will obviously be doing most of the housework to contribute. But IMO, each party should be able to provide for themselves at least on a basic level -- guy or girl. The gal should not get a pass on that any more than a guy should.

Just as a guy can't say "But I want to be a house dad! I'll do housework, too...," neither can the gal. Unless of course, Both parties want & agree to shift into that role of each. But it'd be silly to expect it by default, that it's OK to live/grow-up (having kids or no kids) in the mode not to support oneself, and to be geared to be financially dependent on others as a way of life. Not that people won't make adjustments for others -- or aim to shift it into something like that After they've established themselves.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2016 6:01:04 PM
Be prepared to be independent. You never know what the future might bring.
Unless your parents are going to set you up for the rest of your life, you will need to be independent at some point.
Most work because they need to do so in order to eat, pay rent, etc. -but also because making your own way and decisions is an awesome feeling.
If you'll never want for money or shelter, etc., do whatever you like -but don't let anyone keep you from doing what you like.
 Etritonakin
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2016 6:03:59 PM
Also... Don't let wnyone else tell you what you are able to do -find out for yourself. Well-meaning parents can sometimes keep you from reaching your full potential.
 chicasayshi2u
Msg: 263
Posted: 12/16/2016 11:37:37 PM
I wouldn't go for them at all. Why doesn't the person have a job??? I wouldn't even date someone whose in school because I know how time consuming being a student can, and I want someone whose done with college like I am, and I'm under 30! And the fact he doesn't have a car is worrisome as well. I'm not a taxi, and I won't be driving my date around. Op tons of other guys exist with goals, a car, a career, and have finished college, or in college while working, and have a house, or have a apartment. This person is doing NOTHING with his life.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2016 9:44:29 AM
^^^ The OP is referring to herself. That's why people avoid her.
 Charmedlife1
Msg: 265
Posted: 12/17/2016 6:13:18 PM
I wouldn't date anyone who didn't have a least a job - that means who's supporting them? At 30? Wow, seems they will never get out of parents house by them because things are too comfortable. That person is not independent, they are dependent .
No, that person has zero to offer, basically wants to stay home while some one pays their bills, sorry, that's just wrong
 Etritonakin
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2016 10:08:32 PM
Don't be concerned with what most people want. You do not need everyone to like you and want to be with you.

Be who you want to be -and accept people who respect that.

There are many more than you realize who would want to be with you -but you will not meet them if you do not continue meeting new people.
 MarsWarGod
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2016 6:17:06 AM

Just remember something, while you're all ****ing in all of these threads that he doesn't make enough money, doesn't have his own car, lives with roommates, etc., there's people like me who literally nobody is interested in dating and hasn't really been for well over a year so far. You think YOU have it hard? Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE.

Awww...I thought you were trying to take over the world....
 aintnodeal
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2016 2:57:34 PM

Know what I'm doing Friday night? The same thing I did yesterday, tonight, tomorrow, most of next week, and literally the last 15 months of my life... Sitting home ALONE.

.....and so, the people who do NOT want to sit at home ALONE, get dressed and go to where people gather, like dance clubs and bars so they can talk to 100s of people and have a chance of finding someone nice. They take massive ACTION to change their situation.

Others join clubs or social groups that meet on weekends in the daylight hours or on weeknights.

Others will TELL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY to hook them up.
 jedite
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 12:47:49 AM
Guess I'm a loser too
 rockstartrucker82
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2016 8:07:50 PM

.....and so, the people who do NOT want to sit at home ALONE, get dressed and go to where people gather, like dance clubs and bars so they can talk to 100s of people and have a chance of finding someone nice. They take massive ACTION to change their situation.

Others join clubs or social groups that meet on weekends in the daylight hours or on weeknights.

Others will TELL THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY to hook them up.

And you think we don't try? Life happens. Some of us just aren't hot. Know how many girls I have come up to me at the bar and do everything but just come out and say she wants to come home and ride me? ZERO!

Until you're one of the ugly ones, you're not going to understand our frustration, that commonly leads to periods of just being completely turned off to dating, even if a girl wants to.

I can't force a girl to like me. If I get her talking, I can do great... But when it's between me and that guy with a perfectly proportional face, which one do you think she's going to blow off and which one do you think she's going to talk to? This doesn't stop us from trying, this is just the typical outcome of us trying. So this is why we have no sympathy for situations like either the OPs or the people complaining about how they wouldn't date someone that has nothing. You created your dating problems, we were born with ours.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing