Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 26
Dating Someone That Has NothingPage 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
What happened to the guy you met at the car dealership?
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Dating Someone That Has Nothing
Posted: 8/16/2016 5:45:23 AM
Either get your act together or apply for Social Security.

Get some different pics if ya want to actually attract a guy. The ones ya have now are doing you any favors.
And the dress up/ Cosplay?? if ya can MANAGE TO DO THAT,,, you could put forth the SAME EFFORT to WORK.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 5:56:02 AM
It worked for Tom Jones and his late wife Linda. Linda was the love of his live, though she was a recluse.

BUT I have to ask, do you mind if your BF/Husband had many romantic affairs while remaining devoted to you? Are you willing to compromise?

==============================================================================
The singer famously claimed he had bedded 250 women in one year at the height of his career, but despite his self-confessed adultery, remained devoted to his wife, calling his marriage 'rock-solid' and said 'all the rest was fun and games'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3579718/Tom-Jones-seen-time-wife-Linda-s-death.html
 minimetoo
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/16/2016 7:07:09 AM
Why are you working for record labels, etc. for free? If you were really what thy need, they would pay you.

I think you need some professional help. A life coach or a psychologist. A professional can help you get on with life...a bunch of people on a dating website can't. And if living with your parents and doing limited work..because of your limitations, a professional can help with this as well. Don't settle for the mundane...choose life.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/16/2016 7:38:25 AM
I would question why any parent would try to hold a child back.
They are supporting her, but they are also enabling her. It sounds
like they have their own issues.

You need some sort of independence. You need a job, even if it's part-time
and you have to walk to it. College might not be for you,
but maybe audit some classes and find something you enjoy. Help out
at the animal shelter, soup kitchen? Get out there and get comfortable
being among people.

Make sure you are seeing a professional to help with your depression
and your social issues. Stop comparing yourself to others ("comparison is
the thief of joy"), and worrying about how others see you. You're attractive,
you have an interesting hobby (you must meet people in cosplay?).

Get help and don't give up on yourself. Maybe your parents aren't giving you
enough credit, maybe they are...I don't know. But nothing wrong with proving
them wrong and pushing yourself beyond your limits.
 ndm147
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:20:00 AM
Natyl, I want to address something that others have not touched on. You said your parents are close to 60 and you are almost 30. I will turn 60 shortly and have a daughter that is 30 so I can relate to the different ages as both a parent and having adult children (2), although mine are on their own.

What provisions have your parent's made for you once they pass away? Do they have a will, long term care insurance if they need long term nursing care and you are unable to provide or navigate that? Do they have enough money saved to ensure that for the rest of your natural life you will be covered financially? Have you discussed any of this with them?

I don't know the extent of your disabilities other than your being born premature, have learning disabilities, needed special education in school and have anxiety issues. Have your parents looked into programs for you along the way that would enable you to learn some job skills, find employment, become independent? I ask this because I have a close friend who adopted a child close to your age from Romania as an infant who has mental disabilities. They found programs for her in VA where they lived her entire life, found that Wisconsin has much better social services for adults with disabilities, sent her to Wisconsin for three years of college geared specifically for adults that need to transition from the parent's home, to independent living along with learning job skills and group home placement, along with this young woman receiving supplemental social security for life. Mom and Dad aren't going to be around forever.

What are your parents doing to help you transition after they die? You don't have any siblings to help out. I can understand your parents not wanting to drive you to a part time job on the grave yard shift. We are not spring chickens anymore.
 Me_Me_Me_Pick_Me
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/16/2016 9:33:38 AM
If it worked for George Castanza it can work for anyone.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/16/2016 10:07:15 AM
"I have tried to get my life together but it just isn't happening and I don't think it ever will."

You're right. With that attitude, it never will happen.

"...they never like the jobs I end up getting so I never work."

Why do your parents need to like your job? If you're happy doing it, then do it.

"...they won't put me on their insurance."

You're 28. Go get your own insurance.

My suggestion is to lose the comic-con costume or whatever you're wearing. Again, you're 28. You're the only person who can make your life better.

Get out there and do what YOU want. Not your parents.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 10:35:28 AM
Based upon what information you have told us I do think it would be in your best interest to volunteer. The reason I say that is because you will earn transferable skills, work experience, and will able to expand your professional network. Hopefully this will lead to a path of stable employment. I'm sure it's undesirable but have you ever considered working fast food part time? I remember when I was 16 I said the last place I would work is McDonalds and I stayed there for 7 years. It's money at least.
 nataly66687
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:04:01 PM
You know how much it cost for car insurance about $100-300 if not higher than that and me IF I ever worked a part time or full time job couldn't possibly pay THAT MUCH money for car insurance.

And yes my parents have me set for my future and have money saved and the house is paid off and we have other sources of income as well. So everything is set. As far as getting SSI ha I have tried that and I couldn't get it, because the judge saw that I could work, and didn't need it. Only way to get SSI is to pop pills period. Plus you can't go out of your house. I can go out of my house, going to concerts or the store or mall or go on dates but it is rare like maybe once a month or every few months I do go out. So saying this to another judge he will say I am nuts and I can work etc.

And no I refuse to work fast food, working fast food makes you sick. Being around food 24/7 will make you sick to your stomach most likely.

I wanted to make a living off my freelance writing and photography and that has never happened.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:16:28 PM
"And no I refuse to work fast food ... "

And therein lies the problem. You have whatever the opposite of Peter Pan Syndrome is. And why are you trying to get disability? The only disability appears to be between your ears in not being able to think for yourself.

So, I guess your next best option is to meet someone at comic-con wearing a costume, pretending you're something you're not and then ride off into the sunset on your unicorn?

Geez, I can't stand whiney people who complain about their lives and won't do anything to make them better and blame other people for their problems. Get out there and make your life better. No one is going to hand it to you, which is what you want apparently.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 37
Dating a helpless child who needs a Dada
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:26:11 PM
You're basically asking :

Would you date a CHILD even if they made you smile and laugh ?

No thanks, I prefer ADULTS who can stand on their own two feet.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 38
Dating a helpless child who needs a Dada
Posted: 8/16/2016 12:32:04 PM
Getting pregnant sounds more profitable then your current strategy.

Look at Octomom...

YMMV
 Seki1949
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Dating someone who has nothing
Posted: 8/16/2016 1:31:18 PM
Folks, there's no point here in piling on.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/16/2016 2:27:13 PM
[QUOTE]And no I refuse to work fast food, working fast food makes you sick. Being around food 24/7 will make you sick to your stomach most likely.

No one is suggesting you work 24/7.
But something part time that allowed you to earn your own money, may make you feel better about
your situation. Maybe if you contribute, your parents would be willing to add you to their insurance.

What have you been doing to live off your freelance writing and photography?
Taking classes, getting out there taking photos?
I get you are stymied, but you have to make a move even if it's small steps.
 KalGrl
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 2:46:27 PM
How about work from home jobs?
You are a creative person I see lots of freelance writing jobs writing for various
Websites blogs etc.
Check out flexjobs.com
 kj521
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/16/2016 3:10:47 PM
Goodness people! Ms. Nataly doesn't want to volunteer or work at a job she doesn't feel fulfilling.

And why should she? She has already stated that she is happy with her set up.

She simply wanted to know if there would be men who would be interested in her given her lifestyle.

My answer, Nataly?

Yes. Yes.....you will find some. I would first find out if your parents are receptive to taking care of both you and a boyfriend. If their answer is affirmative....I would seek a gentleman with similar social issues and lead with this.....

"And yes my parents have me set for my future and have money saved and the house is paid off and we have other sources of income as well. So everything is set."

Simply move him into your parents house and live happily ever after!

Good luck! :)
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/16/2016 4:34:32 PM
Nataly like I send on a different post you come across as a little girl.
Get rid of your cheap looking costume. It looks as a $10 thing you buy at the market. Or something you made in the afternoon out of some left over card board.
Sorry I'm harsh on you I know you got knocked down and kicked around on those forums.
I rather be honest and say how it is, then sugar coat it to be PC.

Yes you will always find a man. But I'm sure you are looking for a particular type of a man. One that has things going for him and good looking so your parents would fall in love with him at first sight.
The problems he has other women stand in line to meet him and most of them are adults.
What would happen if you did meet a guy and he wanted to go out for the night. Do you have a curfew for when he has to bring you back home to your parents?? Do you want to date an 18 year old?? A 30 year old guy would want to date a woman go places with and have sex with.. Can you do any of it??
GO and get a job even if its part time. get out of the house. Yes I would love my first job to be the president of the united states as soon as I get out of high school. But guess what you have to start somewhere and most of the jobs you will have are not the type where everyone sings happy songs while working. Unless you work for Disney and that's will still be your job.
Sorry but you will see that unless you will change drastically most guys would want to have sex with you and that's about
it. If you wont even have sex with them, I don't expect you to get a second date unless he is desperate for some kind of company any company.
Would you date YOU. Are you happy at where you are now??
 Verissa
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/16/2016 5:16:23 PM
Sadly I married one of those. He gave me 2 beautiful children, 6 years of misery and took me for $88k before he left me for a younger prettier woman with no kids who can now enjoy the education I paid for with my children. I lost my mind and lost my everything. I should have seen it for the very expensive gift it was but instead I helped him out and ruined my own life. Ain't love grand?
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/16/2016 6:13:49 PM

Being around food 24/7 will make you sick to your stomach most likely.

That might be news to the millions of farmers around the world.
 nataly66687
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:01:16 PM
I am not having sex until I am married so the guy I date has to wait it out and if they can't wait that long oh well. And I have applied to places just never got the interview call due to my little experience. Or it ended up being a group interview with 10-20 people all fighting for the 1 position open.

And yes a lot of my ex's were losers, they didn't work, drive, or go to school, and neither did I, but we made it work and they evenutally got a job, drove, and own place and we kept it going until it didn't work out.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:12:28 PM
"You know how much it cost for car insurance about $100-300 if not higher than that and me IF I ever worked a part time or full time job couldn't possibly pay THAT MUCH money for car insurance."
---AND
"And no I refuse to work fast food, working fast food makes you sick. Being around food 24/7 will make you sick to your stomach most likely. "

THIS ^^^^^^ is part of the problem w/ people in the USA today,,, mostly ones under 30
 minimetoo
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:39:34 PM
Lol. ^^^ Exactly. Entitled little brats that need a damn good spanking or just tossed out to fend for themselves.

You know, many of us on here worked in coffee shops, diners and fast food places in high school. This yucky fast food money paid for our college, university, clothes, concerts, a car...a wedding....kids. So please, OP, you sound a spoiled little brat. At 28 I was married, had two children, was working part time and was going to college full time. Many on here did the same. What the hell have you been doing? Nothing. Get a job at WalMart or Target or something just to get the experience.

By the way..."freelance" means free, not getting paid, an EXCUSE for not contributing, working or even partially paying your own way.

Get some help, professional help. Get out there and get a job and experience life. Quit being the family pet.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/16/2016 8:50:57 PM
I was serving my country at 17.

Honorably discharged after 8 years of service.

Never borrowed a dime from my parents.

I have a very difficult time relating to entitled young adults.

imanorangetiger
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2016 4:07:17 AM
No work and not prepared to compromise; no higher education and not prepared to consider it; not prepared to do voluntary work; living with your parents at 28; expects to marry before having sex... All the while expecting to be attractive to "a mature man with his life together"? I'm struggling to see what you'd be bringing to the relationship table, OP. Just "being there" only really works for a chosen few who have the self-confidence, charisma and sheer attractiveness to get away with it. I see a lifetime of disappointment ahead for you and for whoever you get entangled with.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing