Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Dating Someone who thinks she has nothingPage 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Looks as if she found it on the Internet - that vast fount of information.
 blackbeauty744
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Dating Someone who thinks she has nothing
Posted: 8/21/2016 2:55:38 PM
Nataly there's a link to your website in your profile.
 perspektiv
Msg: 103
Dating Someone That Has Nothing
Posted: 8/21/2016 3:15:51 PM
For me, I would choose not to go for someone like that.

I don't care if she doesn't own what I own (I don't define myself by what I have, but rather what I have done for others). That to me, is irrelevant. I don't look at belongings like a house/car, etc. Being judged by belongings to me, is misjudging someone, potentially.

I look at character, when deciding to date someone. I've dated women in between jobs before, as a result, as their character to me, was very attractive. I have a soft spot, for strong, independent women. I find them very attractive, being very independent, myself.

You being flat broke, and not stressed out about it, and okay with mooching off of your parents, showcases to me, someone with a weak character.

Someone lazy, bratty, and used to always getting their way, or likely throws in a guilt trip, or fit. Wants to be treated like a princess, yet walks in a broke bum.

I'd also question their maturity. Immaturity to me, is a huge turnoff.

So yeah, long story short. I'd pass.
 flaneur001
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:01:29 PM
Natalie: I tried to contact you, however your filters will not permit it.

I would encourage you to contact POF and ask them to delete this thread. Your private information - resume/website are now linked to POF and post 101 in particular. If you type your name and Los Angeles into Google this thread shows up. This will become very problematic for you with: future employers, family, friends and potential dates who might do a search on you.

I would also suggest that you remove your website from your profile.
 LJane_6
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 10:06:09 PM
^^Agree with flaneur001

Like some others on here, I'm not sure if this poster is a troll. Either way, I think some of the responses here are downright cruel. People going on about how she is lazy and entitled, a "spoiled princess" who has no more to offer than a dog? Wow, it's one thing to give constructive criticism but it sounds like there are some very bitter people on this thread. What if she has a major disability, or is clinically depressed? She gave some details, but we don't know the whole situation. People are assuming all kinds of things about this person they have never met. I do agree that if she feels she has it figured out, why bother to ask for advice. OP, keep dating this guy if you want and he seems legit, but be cautious, which you should be with any new relationship.
 gtomustang
Msg: 106
but its something to talk about
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:21:33 AM
well, we do tend to answer questions that haven't told us the entire story. but we aren't paid psychiatrists, either. free advice is worth what's paid for it. I suspect the real question was, "i live a lifestyle that has gotten me losers in the past. will that change?" I figure the answer is, "no", but i'm biased since it already was my answer :)

Guys are dating her with no sex in the picture, so some need of their's is getting met (or they hope a journalist might get them an "in" somewhere). They're adults, they made their choice. people who might be responding in a negative way, might be doing so to justify their choice of lifestyle. the op might be posting on and on about this, to do the same thing.
 nataly66687
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:18:06 AM
Hey I tried messaging you, inbox me.
 flaneur001
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:54:30 AM
^^^^ Natalie who are your referring too?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scaretale
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 1:45:57 PM

No you are WRONG. I do have motivation, in my freelance writing and photography, I love what I do, I just wish it would pay and it rarely ever does.

Uh...welcome to the real world! lol

I'm talking about a real job that can support you. You tried college and quit, because it wasn't the easy fun thing that is writing and taking pictures. Everyone has hobbies and passions. We explore them when we aren't busy earning a living.

I'm going to school for my masters, and work really hard to own a house, car, travel, buy nice things etc. No way am I going to want to date a girl who doesn't want to get a real job and can't afford to take vacations with me. Having to support someone is NOT attractive.

You asked if people would date someone with nothing with no drive to ever have more...and I'm here to tell you that the only people who would date someone with nothing, are those people who also have nothing and no motivation.

Good luck finding happiness, Nataly.
 nataly66687
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/22/2016 3:56:36 PM
You, flaneur001, I tried messaging you but POF said I could not, So why don't you try messaging me.
 flaneur001
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 4:15:12 PM
Hi Natalie,

I tried to send you a POF email and it will not go through. The POF filters will not permit us to communicate via email.

Natalie: It is very important that you have this thread deleted by POF. Due to the earlier post here, your personal information (education, work, volunteer, and family problems) are now easily accessible to the general public. This will come to haunt you in the future.

Let's say that your new BF's parents decide to look you up on 'google' they will type in your name and city and voila, this thread "Dating Someone who thinks she has nothing" will appear. You need to contact POF and tell them that your private information was posted in a thread and that the information compromises your privacy and safety. Instead of wasting your time on the forum, put some concerted effort into getting this thread removed from the internet.

I noticed that you did remove your weblink from your profile. Good. Never put any information on the web that would make it easy for a stranger to track you down. If you like someone and meet them, then you can give them your phone #, address, web links etc.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/22/2016 4:45:38 PM
Nat - at the very least save your profile and picture but delete your account and return with a diff User name
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 5:24:21 PM
I see so many people using their real names in profiles or not bothering to edit facebook screenshots. It enables others to drag down all sorts of information about that member. On this occasion, the info listed was derived from the OP's own profile. Duh. I would also advocate deleting and starting again... and maybe reconsider the sort of forum threads you want to start in future. As mentioned above, those googling will raise their eyebrows.
 perspektiv
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/22/2016 7:28:34 PM

People going on about how she is lazy and entitled, a "spoiled princess" who has no more to offer than a dog?

I can only speak for myself, but my response wasn't targeting the OP, but rather--going by why I wouldn't date most who did not have a job. Many unemployed are that way due to circumstance, but many are, due to poor life choices.

Also, if someone is suffering from severe mental illness, why is this the point you feel they should start looking for a relationship vs help?
 flaneur001
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 7:39:13 PM

I see so many people using their real names in profiles or not bothering to edit facebook screenshots. It enables others to drag down all sorts of information about that member.

True

On this occasion, the info listed was derived from the OP's own profile. Duh.

Yes, the OP had her website link on her profile. A forum member then went to Natalie's website and copied her resume - listing her full name, all of her work/volunteer information and high school name and posted it on this particular thread. Now the OP is stuck with anyone doing a search on her on the internet (and I assume her former workplaces/school) will be connected to this particular thread...which as we all know is very unflattering to the OP (to say the very least). If the thread isn't nuked, then the info stays on line.

Does anyone know how else Natalie can remove this thread? Whether we agree or disagree on Natalie's life choices, it doesn't mean that she needs to be put in this vulnerable position regarding her exposure on the web.
 nataly66687
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/22/2016 7:55:42 PM
On my website it DOES NOT list my high school or any of those other websites, so that info was taken from another website account I must have created like a LinkedIn or something similar to it. I just can't figure out what website that person found.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:21:24 PM
This is a lesson for everyone: The barn doors are open and the cows are already lost. Eliminating the thread doesn't kill the info. In some form or another this thread will always exist. THE INTERNET IS FOREVER. Now that the OP's name and bio have been tied to this thread - a potential employer or lover could potentially dig this pieces of this thread up years from now, whether it's deleted now or not. Deleting the thread makes it harder to connect the dots and eliminates the smoking gun of an unflattering discussion about the OP.

From the admin on another thread:

Others may still want to read and contribute to the topic, once posted a thread stops being "yours".
 flaneur001
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:34:43 PM
Natalie,

I understand that you are curious about where the poster got her information from. However, this really is not what you need to worry about right now. You need to get this thread nuked.

Do you realize if I google your last employer - not using your name - just your employer - Facedown Media Magazine - that THIS thread pops up? Do you have any idea what this means?

Can you please focus on #1. contacting POF and asking them to delete this thread; #2. as others have said delete your account and start a new one with a different profile name and DO NOT put your website info in your profile info.

Do you understand Natalie?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:38:50 PM
I know how to get this thread deleted. Everyone close your eyes.

God damned****sucking mother ****ing... penis penis penis penis penis!
 aintnodeal
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:42:58 PM
...actually, the OP has to say those words above...and many more to kill the thread. But if you want to post a link to how you demonstrate the above acts, I'm sure many of us will do the courtesy of looking and give you a "Like".
 flaneur001
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:54:48 PM

...actually, the OP has to say those words above...and many more to kill the thread. But if you want to post a link to how you demonstrate the above acts, I'm sure many of us will do the courtesy of looking and give you a "Like".

see post #101 first job listed is Facedown Media

go to google search: type in Facedown Media

go to SEARCH TOOL - time - PAST WEEK

first item that pops up is THIS THREAD
 nataly66687
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:18:00 PM
Well I contacted POF through email and not sure if they will delete this thread. If you know how to contact POF a faster way and get them to remove this thread by all means do that. I am not deleting my profile because even if I did, this thread will still link it back to me anyway.
 Seki1949
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:35:09 PM

If you know how to contact POF a faster way and get them to remove this thread by all means do that.

The staff is away and is due back Thursday. Ah, which Thursday? We have no idea.
 LJane_6
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2016 12:57:03 AM
@perspektiv: There was one particular post on here that was really mean, I just looked but I can't find it now. Others were really harsh too, though.

if someone is suffering from severe mental illness, why is this the point you feel they should start looking for a relationship vs help?

People who are suffering from physical or mental illness should definitely try to get help. But, not everything can be "fixed." I have been diagnosed with depression and fibromyalgia. I take medication, which does help, but it doesn't mean I'm 100% "normal." I've been fired from jobs. I have a lot of debt. I lived with family or was supported by them through much of my 20s. And like the OP, I'm also religious and a virgin. Now I work part time and live with a roommate, but I still have "issues." Does this mean that I should never date anyone? I can try to keep working on myself, but the reality is I'll probably suffer from some degree of illness for most of my life. It definitely makes it harder to find a partner, but I don't think people like us should have to give up and be alone forever, either. I've dated a few guys who were very caring and supportive despite my situation. They didn't treat me like a child or give me money, but they knew I had problems and accepted it. In fact, most times I ended up breaking it off with them. However, I'm also very aware of players and users, and when I see red flags I run. So I don't allow men to take advantage of me. My biggest worry for the OP is that she might be vulnerable to those kinds of men. However, it seems that her parents are very protective, which can be a blessing in some ways, but very restrictive in others. I agree that she is an adult and should make her own decisions. However, depending on the degree of disability, she may need some guidance as well.
 GlassArmonica
Msg: 125
Posted: 8/23/2016 2:57:42 AM
You've all been had. Newsflash: Natalie is a Master level troll!
Apparently she has been trolling people online for years now for kicks and clicks and is raking it in as a music journalist.

She has interviewed HUNDREDS of A-LIST musicians throughout her twenties and is playing everyone here for a total fool. Don't believe me? See for yourself:

Just 2 out of the hundreds of world famous musician interviews on her youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNR9wB-9KM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_1ccfWHTvk

And here, she successfully trolls two veteran music industry insiders on their radio show getting them to all but lose their bowels,
as they take the bait time & again and obliviously obsess over her sophisticated trolling throughout 5 different show segments:
https://youtu.be/hgBGPTgvsCg?t=17m13s
https://youtu.be/Z6qPsPz8FSY?t=1m15s
https://youtu.be/pnLdwrnJvKI?t=7m55s
https://youtu.be/k9J4ftyQN5E?t=45s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz-tB2BBPT8

Unbelievable. And here some of you imbeciles are defending the snickering little trickster. She thrives on this attention, and is laughing at your expense all the way to the bank (six figures easy) ... DONT FEED THE TROLL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dating Someone That Has Nothing