Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Worst reasons you've given when dumped?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 basilisk123
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Worst reasons you've given when dumped?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have to had an actual relationship to be dumped...
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Worst reasons you've given when dumped?
Posted: 4/9/2017 1:28:54 PM

I seem to attract emotionally unavailable men and I would rather get straight out rejected then hear these phrases.

Well, when one gets emotionally unavailable people -- and I've been on both sides -- it's that they aren't that into (attracted to) you. But wait, why would some want to even be dating? You CAN get someone who's "not that into you", with enough tries. People do go out with others who they aren't into enough, but with lack of options and after enough time being 100% single, liking to be dating Someone with a comfort-zone to boot -- yeah, it happens.

Sure, if the girl's really cute and emotionally unavailable (not that into me; but I seem comfortable/harmless + she's in the mood to have a guy around) -- I'll roll with it. But I certainly won't go-steady with her and be an item.
 Nestaron
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:31:28 PM
Lmao I got a few I laugh at from relationships I need time to "sort my feelings" My response was oh so 3 yrs and your sorting ladies and gentlemen this could take a while haven't heard back its been 20 yrs. lmao

I "love you" not "in love with you" My response oh so all this time we were just playing house "I will just take my kids and leave since you no longer want to play house" mother of my kids, I got custody.

Your not a man "your boy" Okay I will give her that I really liked gaming and needed that level. I really was getting annoyed at the fact she gamed when I went there and I couldn't.
 benartflick
Msg: 79
Posted: 4/16/2017 3:29:11 PM
The truly dreadful (or spurious) reason I was dumped wasn't given to me. She just stopped writing to me. Much later my fiancé claimed her mother hadn't mailed me the letters she had written. Blame it on mom. It worked (although I didn't believe her) and I still married her.

I was drafted and living in a combat zone at the time. She stopped writing me after I was away for 3 months. She wouldn't respond to my letters. Her younger sister started to write me and she wouldn't respond to any questions about my future bride to be.

Finally, after not hearing from her for 6 months she wrote me with that bogus mom excuse. Many years later (after her death) I found out she was dating another guy. After he dumped her, she went back to me. Yes, I was an idiot. I still am!
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 80
Posted: 4/16/2017 4:24:27 PM
Dude, you always sound like the victim in your stories.

What gives?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/16/2017 5:15:06 PM
Hey - seems you can date in the after life!
 GreatWhiteBuffalo
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 10:40:35 AM
I was told that we could never be a couple because I did not have swag. I had no idea what swag was, so I went home and looked it up on the internet. After watching several you tubes and practicing I went over to my friends house. I showed several of my male and female friends my new swag. They said THAT LOOKS GAY...SO swag for this guy.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 11:29:32 AM

I was told that we could never be a couple because I did not have swag. I had no idea what swag was, so I went home and looked it up on the internet. After watching several you tubes and practicing I went over to my friends house. I showed several of my male and female friends my new swag. They said THAT LOOKS GAY...SO swag for this guy.

Well SWAG used to mean WAY WAY back in (your) day as someone who was a closet homosexual ("secretly we are gay"). Maybe that's what came to mind + your "swag" wasn't executed well and it was fitting to the old-school reference. Kind of like a guy who's told he can't dance, he watches YouTube to learn how to dance, and, well, he can kinda dance but it looks really bad. :)

Commonly "swag" means how you are/seem in how you project yourself. You got some swag? You got some "pull". You know people, or certainly seem to. The way you carry yourself shows this. "Oh, he's cool. That guy has some swag."

I can see thru your pictures you're trying to carry some swag. I think you're overdoing it, although it is better than having just a few pictures of sitting at a desk at a library. :)
 siisaa
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/25/2018 11:59:02 PM

I think you're overdoing it

Agreed, along with him referring to himself in the 3rd person is his photo captions. No one likes a try-hard. The whole debacle is ironic considering he's claiming he's "genuine" in his username. LOL
 GreatWhiteBuffalo
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 12:36:30 PM
I wish I would have never even told the story now. I just thought it was funny. But some of you people are just brutal.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:48:29 PM
Swag was one of those buzzword terms that gets overused to a point where it becomes a useless term. Awesum was another one. It got used so much that no one paid any attention to it after a while.

To me, if someone used buzzword terms, I found them to be pretty shallow people. They'd bounce from pillar to post, and never stick to one thing for very long. You were setting yourself up to being a future ex, by being with them.
 GreatWhiteBuffalo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 8:40:07 PM
Thanks for the swag explanation. I never knew there was a homosexual take on it, but it's good to know. As far as reading my pictures all of them but one were taken before the swag incident. Some of the poses were suggested by the ships photographer. I admit that I have been known to over do things but I was not trying any swag in any of the pictures. like the other guy, I think the whole swag thing is kinda dumb, it's definitely not for me. I have no problem getting quality women without swag, my life will go on fine without it.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 11:01:41 PM
That's the first I've heard about swag being gay too.

My ex fell off the wagon after being sober for several years - and fell hard. What pissed me off more than drinking itself was the drinking and driving. I became a nag... One day he came home and told me that if I couldn't accept his drinking he would leave me. I looked at him and told him that he had a week to find his own place.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/29/2018 7:56:36 PM

That's the first I've heard about swag being gay too.

Maybe what was meant was swagger? Urban dictionary: Swagger is to to move with confidence, sophistication and to be cool.
Swagger is to conduct your self in a way that would automatically earn respect
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 90
Posted: 9/29/2018 8:54:40 PM

One day he came home and told me that if I couldn't accept his drinking he would leave me. I looked at him and told him that he had a week to find his own place.

LOL... when people think they have the upper hand and they don't.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 11:52:40 PM

Maybe what was meant was swagger? Urban dictionary: Swagger is to to move with confidence, sophistication and to be cool.

Yes. That's the context in which it's usually used. It's how you project yourself... in a cool way, as a confident, sophistimicated person, but...

Swagger is to conduct your self in a way that would automatically earn respect

... when you over-do it, like some people can in their photos (and visualizing that in person on a typical Fri night), it loses respect with many (but may garner interest in some).
 GreatWhiteBuffalo
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:53:14 AM
If you are still whining about my photos. With the number of posts you have here it would seem like you need to get a life. You won't see me posting anything here again, I have one.
 julystorm22
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 2:44:08 PM
The worst reason I got for getting dumped....

He said it was because he couldn't talk to me on the phone when I went on a fishing trip up north for a week (after I told him I might not get reception) and he thought I didn't like him then. I could tell he wasn't being entirely truthful. I have long suspected that he couldn't deal with me gone so long and not talking and cheated and broke up with me because he felt guilty. There were a few things I found out about after which made me suspect it. A couple months later he wanted to get back together. Many years later I asked him why he broke up and he tried to say he couldn't remember but when I told him my guess he looked like I was right although he still wouldn't admit it. The breakup still feels raw over a decade later. I still want to know why. I need closure. I want to find out if it was something I did or if it was just him.
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/3/2018 5:40:25 PM

The breakup still feels raw over a decade later. I still want to know why. I need closure. I want to find out if it was something I did or if it was just him.

If after this relationship ending *ten* years ago you still need closure, I seriously suggest actual therapy. You are packing and dragging so much baggage with you that all your questions are not going to be adequately answered by users of PoF. We are not professionals and you desperately need one ... for all that baggage.
 cooldog65
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2018 8:22:34 PM

If you are still whining about my photos. With the number of posts you have here it would seem like you need to get a life. You won't see me posting anything here again, I have one.

Really? His skin is quite thin...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 7:51:12 AM
I have no papers of diagnosis, but I have a slew
of dysfunctional coping skills.

I can't remember being dumped or why.
 2ufo
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 9:50:29 AM

If after this relationship ending *ten* years ago you still need closure, I seriously suggest actual therapy.

I will second that.
Anything bothering you a decade after the fact really needs professional help and/or forgiveness.

I have no papers of diagnosis, but I have a slew
of dysfunctional coping skills.

I can't remember being dumped or why.

Hmm, me neither.

Well, except when I was relocating to another country but then it was always temporary and simply 'good-bye, it's been good and I wish you the best of luck'.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 10:48:26 AM

I still want to know why. I need closure.

I want to find out if it was something I did

or if it was just him.

Both.

He wasn't a good catch (it was him), but you still made the choice to get involved with him (something you did).

Just like the next guy after that.

You needed to make better choices so that your life would have turned out better.

There.

You have closure.
Posted: 10/5/2018 1:55:09 PM

I still want to know why. I need closure.

What the hell is closure? If someone isn't in your life anymore, in most cases its because they don't want to be there anymore. Thats all you really need to know. Do you really need them to tell you straight up that they don't want you. Would that have made the last ten years any easier? I think you knew all you needed to know all along.
 whiterose0
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 1:08:04 PM

The worst reason I got for getting dumped....

He said it was because he couldn't talk to me on the phone when I went on a fishing trip up north for a week (after I told him I might not get reception) and he thought I didn't like him then. I could tell he wasn't being entirely truthful. I have long suspected that he couldn't deal with me gone so long and not talking and cheated and broke up with me because he felt guilty. There were a few things I found out about after which made me suspect it. A couple months later he wanted to get back together. Many years later I asked him why he broke up and he tried to say he couldn't remember but when I told him my guess he looked like I was right although he still wouldn't admit it. The breakup still feels raw over a decade later. I still want to know why. I need closure. I want to find out if it was something I did or if it was just him.

I'm curious why you need closure? If he did cheat, it was because he thought he could get his needs better met with someone else. What more do you want? Would it make you feel any better if he gave you a blow-by-blow description of the other woman, so you could confirm that he left you for someone he thought was more attractive than you, or had more to offer him? Some things, we're better off remaining in the dark about. This is one of those things, IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Worst reasons you've given when dumped?