Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cgjf5564vgts8525
Msg: 226
Arab woman face coveredPage 10 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
^^^ you can go back to previous pages with no problem, except for page 9. I don't believe there were any conversations on that page anyway.

Must admit I am surprised BB is gone . . . unless somehow the Mods did her in . . . she was here since 2013 and seemed raring for a fight. When she was given one, she took her ball and went home.
 deetristate
Msg: 227
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 10:15:03 AM
Maybe she just got tired of people name-calling and pretending that she didn't answer questions or others asking the same inane question over and over again, I.e., she was bored with most people here.

My theory is that he who doth protesteth too much and is always noting, "oh, look who is no longer here" is the root of it all. and has people booted. But I digress .
-------:::---:::::::------------
When in rome, etc., Etc. Etc
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 228
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 10:26:10 AM
[quote When she was given one, she took her ball and went home.

Yeah. I'm sorry buddy, but just saying, "I know you are but what am I?" isn't actually a convincing argument.

Just let the grownups talk.
 Coma_White
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 11:32:57 AM

Maybe she just got tired of people name-calling and pretending that she didn't answer questions or others asking the same inane question over and over again, I.e., she was bored with most people here.

Why was she name calling then?
Msg: 230
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 3:01:16 PM
^^^why do you always call people your buddy when they are not your buddy? Let the grownups talk???? is that what you considered your friend Hiker? A grownup? How about BB? did she act like a grownup? Really?
 trinity818
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 4:58:51 PM

The reason why I post this thread is the woman has a black cloth covering her face, that her eyes is the only showing. I did not feel comfortable, though I said hi to her and her boy.

I avoided this thread because it is one of many, very complex issues facing us.

But frankly, I wouldn't feel comfortable either. I totally respect people's right to their religious beliefs. And god knows it's perfectly alright to go to the beach wearing virtually nothing at all. It's hard to believe that any country would ban women from covering up "too much" at the beach. So exactly how much is too much?

I have no problem with scarfs and clothing. But I'm sorry to admit... I do have a problem with burkas in PUBLIC places. But of course, they don't wear them at home.

I just don't think religious beliefs should take precedence over public safety. It's really no different than someone wearing a ski mask into a convenience store. (Once you remove the religious aspect.) Add to that the bulky nature of the clothing and you have the perfect recipe for people feeling "uncomfortable".
 billybonds
Msg: 232
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 6:10:19 PM
Gosh, I can't access page nine. What happened ? A potential twenty five posts in some sort of embargo? It's a cliff hanger, not since bing's girl shot Larry hangman in the shower on Houston have I been so hooked. And she's gone, like a thief in the night ....try again ...like a great P.......on topic.... I think and while it's fraught with danger to express all your thoughts, I'd say she was really correct and that basically men, generally, tend to oppress women.

Patently, we men need to find a lady that is our equal and leave all others alone, maybe one who will put us on a pedestal like a Greek, gloriously naked with a small but lovely looking penis. Then, happy, perhaps we might just get it, that is the historical oppressive nature of the male grouping. Indeed the seasoned white male in any cloistered gathering is naturally a creature unable to live harmoniously with difference. Am I being sexist?....Men are really great! Arab women and Arab men too! Allah Akbar, God is truly a many splendid thing.
 kj521
Msg: 233
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 6:15:51 PM
Oooh.....Billy!

I think that run in Emma's park did you good! ;)

Btw.....I think you are lovely! But yeah.....about that pedestal.....and the other.....I'll have to think about that. :/
 Maleman999
Msg: 234
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 7:15:47 PM
Canada has taken in thousands of Syrian refugees. What they should offer to the women as a compromise is hockey goalie masks. Not the cage mask that goalies wear now, but the old fashion plastic/fiberglass ones that sit flush to the face. Just don't let them operate chain saws while wearing the mask.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 235
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/22/2016 10:16:39 PM
Sorry, can't see it. In a doctor's waiting room, with two small children. Sets NO alarm bells off for me. A pity bell, yes. Who the hell wants to be hooked up to a man that insecure? Not me, fershur.
 mega656575
Msg: 236
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:23:36 AM
Nonsense Billy. Some men oppress women. Some women oppress men. The US though is a pretty open society with bother sexes having rights..Sometimes women have more rights. Show me a sexually harassed guy that has gotten a twenty million pay day.

BB may have lived in the US, but her mind was still in Turkey. Her huge biases against America and American men were huge. She obviously was a total ****. It screamed out from her photo alone.
 mega656575
Msg: 237
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:28:53 AM
"I avoided this thread because it is one of many, very complex issues facing us. "

Nothing whatsoever complex about this issue. It's simple, in the us you do not get to inflict your wishes on how others choose to dress and express themselves simply because they make you uncomfortable. Your reasoning is non existent. If a person wants to hide weapons or bombs on their bodies, wearing a cloth over their face or not is irrelevent. Geeze some of you are guilty of prehistoric thinking.
 fh7ddj7dchud55
Msg: 238
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 1:08:47 PM

On average, women do earn less than men with all other things equal.

I keep hearing this but where is the hard evidence?. If a woman gives up a career to have kids, and raise them, and then goes back in the workforce, she shouldn't expect to be paid the same as a guy.

But assuming a woman sticks around for a career somewhere, there is no reason to believe she is not paid full value for her work, same as any guy would be. There might be an argument over what is full value, but that would pertain to men also. If women are willing to accept a smaller amount than men to do the same job , that's on them. They just have to stick up for themselves more.
 fh7ddj7dchud55
Msg: 239
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 1:10:22 PM

Undoubtedly, sexism is still an issue in this country.

Sexism will always be an issue . . . everywhere. That is what nature intended. You can't legislate away "sexism". That has nothing to do with whether women can be treated equally in the workplace.
 Maleman999
Msg: 240
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 2:27:26 PM

If women are willing to accept a smaller amount than men to do the same job , that's on them. They just have to stick up for themselves more.

I'm so sick and tired of the whines from people who say women are getting less pay and shafted in the workplace because they are women. I've worked in a number of places during my work life, and I have never worked at a place that had two pay scales-one pay scale for men, and one for women, which would be lower pay. At every place I worked, if a man and a woman were doing the same job, they would get the same pay. It's that simple. It's against labor laws to not pay the same rate for the same work at the same place-or to discriminate, based on gender, race, etc. And I have never heard of any company that has separate pay scales for men and women.
 Coma_White
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 2:34:27 PM

Undoubtedly, sexism is still an issue in this country. Telling a woman that she is better off than being in a country where they would stone her for uncovering her face isn't helpful. On average, women do earn less than men with all other things equal. There is still a glass ceiling for female professionals, again, on average. I'm certain I would disagree with the most commonly proposed 'solutions' for the issue, but anyone who wants to raise hell about the topic is fine by me.

It's actually a myth that women earn less than men. Feminists never talk about having more value than men. Multiple women have published stories about eating for free every day simply by having a profile and letting guys take them out to nice restaurants. I see men in the forums saying they've spent thousands on dates with no second dates to show for it. People only care about something if it affects them. Most of the feminists I've talked to are fundamentalists that flip out at the idea of examining ideas that don't conform to their perspective. It's the same mentality as the flat Earth people or religious fundamentalists. What's the difference between someone crying: "NASA is fake!!!", "God is real, you can't tell me otherwise!!", or "Don't tell women how to feel you dirty misogynist!!"? It's all the same rhetoric from closed minded people. If people are so progressive, why don't they care about civilized discussion and facts?
 chameleonf
Msg: 242
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 3:12:23 PM

I'm so sick and tired of the whines from people who say women are getting less pay and shafted in the workplace because they are women.

This would only make sense if you were privy to the paycheques of every person, man and woman, in every company, unionized or otherwise. I, personally, don't know what the discrepancy may actually be. I do believe, however, that women don't tend to be as aggressive as men when either suggesting or demanding wage amounts. A number of jobs have negotiated wages, particularly in the professional/management levels and this may be at least part of the cause of the different amounts that are disputed. Men may also see incremental increases faster within the same job levels as well for the very same reason.

Multiple women have published stories about eating for free every day simply by having a profile and letting guys take them out to nice restaurants.

That's also somewhat of a negotiated factor. Men can't complain if they're allowing themselves to be taken advantage of in this regard. It seems to me that too many people complain about issues they have at least some measure of control over.
 kj521
Msg: 243
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:18:02 PM
Mr. Coma?

"Feminists never talk about having more value than men."

More value? I have heard this assertion of women having more "value" from you before. I am wondering if you have any citations from a reputable journal that you could provide for me that would support this?

Or at least define your construct of "value" as your vague generalizations are basically meaningles otherwise.

Thanks. :)
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 244
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 8:02:17 PM

, if a man and a woman were doing the same job, they would get the same pay.

Then you've been lucky. In august of 1970, I would have said the same. I'd just graduated with a degree in English along with a writing background, and was hired by a subcontractor at NASA. The job was being up graded, and required a degree. It was the same job as my boss had been hired for a couple of years before. His promotion left the slot open. It was basically to respond to scientists all over the world requesting information from the NASA library. My specialty was solar data, and I got a fair amount of praise for the job I was doing. I finally turned in my notice to return to school as a grad student. At which point I was told by my boss how much he'd been hired on at. $12,000. I was hired at $6,000. It was his opinion that I should sue. I was too busy. I had two small children, and a life I wished to get on with. But I haven't forgotten, nor been comforted. His degree when he was hired directly out of college, like I was, was in classical piano.
 Coma_White
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/23/2016 8:30:32 PM

Then you've been lucky. In august of 1970, I would have said the same. I'd just graduated with a degree in English along with a writing background, and was hired by a subcontractor at NASA. The job was being up graded, and required a degree. It was the same job as my boss had been hired for a couple of years before. His promotion left the slot open. It was basically to respond to scientists all over the world requesting information from the NASA library. My specialty was solar data, and I got a fair amount of praise for the job I was doing. I finally turned in my notice to return to school as a grad student. At which point I was told by my boss how much he'd been hired on at. $12,000. I was hired at $6,000. It was his opinion that I should sue. I was too busy. I had two small children, and a life I wished to get on with. But I haven't forgotten, nor been comforted. His degree when he was hired directly out of college, like I was, was in classical piano.

There are many jobs where people do the same job and get different pay. It doesn't matter if they're male or female. You would have to prove that the disparity in pay was because of your gender and not some other factor. A lot of the time, male nurses can make more than female nurses because of incentives. Where I teach music, people make different wages based on their education and experience in the field. What you described doesn't sound typical, and I think you should definitely look at your legal options if there's obvious discrimination going on.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 8:07:55 AM
With all due respect CW asserting there is no pay gap between men and women is ludicrous, deceitful, whatever you want to call it. By almost any measure IN THE US women make 20 cents less on the dollar than men do for doing the same job:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cents%20on%20the%20dollar%20women%20are%20paid%20compared%20to%20men%20in%20the%20united%20states

A select number of women on a dating site taking advantage of horndogs for free meals does not change that in a country of over 300,000,000. One man's experience is of course meaningless. Maybe things are different in Ontario, but maybe not.

With the advent of tRump we are seeing the worst of the worst unAmerican schmucks assert themselves like never before. My father that was blown off a tank in Leipzig has to be rolling in his grave knowing Charles Lindbergh's selfish/self absorbed, utterly unAmerican America Firsters are back. Bigots and misogynists have not in my lifetime had such a broad, vocal base. All these folks proud to be in Hillary's basket of deplorables, poor parenting has had a bad effect on this country far beyond education.

If you love women don't tell one she has to go hundreds of miles to get an abortion while you can get a cholinoscopy down the street. Don't push the tenets of your "faith" on them. Make the same pledge JFK did. Be a !@#$ing REAL American for Jacks Christ's sake. If you want to go back to the 12th Century don't force your daughters and nieces to go with you. In the end we will never tolerate an American Taliban.
 2ufo2
Msg: 247
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 8:58:15 AM
from post 250
It's actually a myth that women earn less than men.

and
from post 254
There are many jobs where people do the same job and get different pay.

Usually, the only notable difference is that one is a man and one is a woman.
Proving discrimination (of any kind) requires money, time, a hellova lot of energy, a support group... and a possibility of winning the case.

I googled 'myth women earn less' and discovered in most of the items pulled up (in limited time) that the current reason for any earnings gap between men and women was due to their "choices".
Choices like:
Choosing between getting married or not (Umm, this is a dating site, isn't it? The human imperative and all that?)
Staying at one workplace or moving to where the husband works (default assumption) to try to find a job there.
Having children (default) or not and becoming perceived as less reliable (so the good tasks go to someone else)
Caring for the children(default) or hiring someone
Trying to return to work (with a 5-7 years blank on your resume)
Leaving work when the husband retires or staying until you've enough years to retire
Taking a lesser paying job than you're qualified for simply as a stop-gap measure while you look for work in your field

Ultimately, yes, our earnings depend on our choices but, somehow, oddly, most of our choices benefit our male partner far more than they benefit us.
 Coma_White
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:39:45 AM

Usually, the only notable difference is that one is a man and one is a woman.
Proving discrimination (of any kind) requires money, time, a hellova lot of energy, a support group... and a possibility of winning the case.

No, the notable difference was already mentioned. People have different levels of education and experience. If women will do the same work as men for less, companies would just hire women and save money. There would be a lot of lawsuits if companies were paying employees less because they are female.
 kj521
Msg: 249
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 9:57:26 AM
^^^^Sometimes when you make statements like above, Mr. Coma.....I think you might be an alien or an A.I. who doesn't quite understand the human condition.....but thinks it does. (psst.....are you? you can tell me.....I won't tell anyone, promise!)

*****I should probably stay away from those conspiracy theory sites....starting to see shape-shifters everywhere! Or wearing my glasses would probably help, too. :D
 2ufo2
Msg: 250
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 10:37:19 AM
^^^^^
True.
And, in most cases a disparity of salary is due to education or different categories of work such as whether or not this person supervises other employees. When asked to supervise others, I've told my supervisor I would be happy to do so --- for a salary re-negotiation and/or promotion w/in a year.

I try not to generalize but it is a very human quality.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered