Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hutctigrf46g
Msg: 251
Arab woman face coveredPage 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
"With all due respect CW asserting there is no pay gap between men and women is ludicrous, deceitful, whatever you want to call it. By almost any measure IN THE US women make 20 cents less on the dollar than men do for doing the same job:"

Where is the proof? There is none, because pay varies so much between jobs, educational level, desirability or stability of the employee. 20% less for the same job? Same education? Nothing is ever equal. Historically women were far more likely to leave a job and raise a family. Women also seem to always be getting sick. They may live longer but gosh do they seem to have physical ailments causing lost work days. I haven't been sick a day in the last twenty years. Find me any woman anywhere who can say the same?
 deetristate
Msg: 252
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 2:43:45 PM
Well, it is not definitive but I found this:

""""""Women’s median annual earnings stubbornly remain about 20 percent below men’s. Why is progress stalling?

It may come down to this troubling reality, new research suggests: Work done by women simply isn’t valued as highly.

That sounds like a truism, but the academic work behind it helps explain the pay gap’s persistence even as the factors long thought to cause it have disappeared. Women, for example, are now better educated than men, have nearly as much work experience and are equally likely to pursue many high-paying careers. No longer can the gap be dismissed with pat observations that women outnumber men in lower-paying jobs like teaching and social work.

A new study from researchers at Cornell University found that the difference between the occupations and industries in which men and women work has recently become the single largest cause of the gender pay gap, accounting for more than half of it. In fact, another study shows, when women enter fields in greater numbers, pay declines — for the very same jobs that more men were doing before.

Consider the discrepancies in jobs requiring similar education and responsibility, or similar skills, but divided by gender. The median earnings of information technology managers (mostly men) are 27 percent higher than human resources managers (mostly women), according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data. At the other end of the wage spectrum, janitors (usually men) earn 22 percent more than maids and housecleaners (usually women).

Once women start doing a job, “It just doesn’t look like it’s as important to the bottom line or requires as much skill,” said Paula England, a sociology professor at New York University. “Gender bias sneaks into those decisions. . . . . . . . . .

She is a co-author of one of the most comprehensive studies of the phenomenon, using United States census data from 1950 to 2000, when the share of women increased in many jobs. The study, which she conducted with Asaf Levanon, of the University of Haifa in Israel, and Paul Allison of the University of Pennsylvania, found that when women moved into occupations in large numbers, those jobs began paying less even after controlling for education, work experience, skills, race and geography.

And there was substantial evidence that employers placed a lower value on work done by women. “It’s not that women are always picking lesser things in terms of skill and importance,” Ms. England said. “It’s just that the employers are deciding to pay it less.

For example, social factors may be inducing more women than men to choose lower-paying but geographically flexible jobs, she and Mr. Kahn found. Even though dual-career marriages are now the norm, couples are more likely to choose their location based on the man’s job, since men earn more. This factor is both a response to and a cause of the gender pay gap.

Some explanations for the pay gap cut both ways. One intriguing issue is the gender difference in noncognitive skills. Men are often said to be more competitive and self-confident than women, and according to this logic, they might be more inclined to pursue highly competitive jobs.. . . . . . . . .

But Ms. Blau warned that it is impossible to separate nature from nurture. And there is evidence that noncognitive skills, like collaboration and openness to compromise, are benefiting women in today’s labor market. Occupations that require such skills have expanded much more than others since 1980, according to research by David J. Deming at Harvard University. And women seem to have taken more advantage of these job opportunities than men. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Still, even when women join men in the same fields, the pay gap remains. Men and women are paid differently not just when they do different jobs but also when they do the same work. Research by Claudia Goldin, a Harvard economist, has found that a pay gap persists within occupations. Female physicians, for instance, earn 71 percent of what male physicians earn, and lawyers earn 82 percent.

It happens across professions: This month, the union that represents Dow Jones journalists announced that its female members working full time at Dow Jones publications made 87 cents for every dollar earned by their full-time male colleagues.

Colleen Schwartz, a Dow Jones spokeswoman said, “We remain absolutely committed to fostering an inclusive work environment.”

Certain policies have been found to help close the remaining occupational pay gap, including raising the minimum wage, since more women work at the lowest end of the pay scale. Paid family leave helps, too.

The same thing happened when women in large numbers became designers (wages fell 34 percentage points), housekeepers (wages fell 21 percentage points) and biologists (wages fell 18 percentage points). The reverse was true when a job attracted more men. Computer programming, for instance, used to be a relatively menial role done by women. But when male programmers began to outnumber female ones, the job began paying more and gained prestige.

While the pay gap has been closing, it remains wide. Over all, in fields where men are the majority, the median pay is $962 a week — 21 percent higher than in occupations with a majority of women, according to another new study, published Friday by Third Way, a research group that aims to advance centrist policy ideas.

Today, differences in the type of work men and women do account for 51 percent of the pay gap, a larger portion than in 1980, according to definitive new research by Francine D. Blau and Lawrence M. Kahn, economists at Cornell.

Women have moved into historically male jobs much more in white-collar fields than in blue-collar ones. Yet the gender pay gap is largest in higher-paying white-collar jobs, Ms. Blau and Mr. Kahn found. One reason for this may be that these jobs demand longer and less flexible hours, and research has shown that workers are disproportionately penalized for wanting flexibility.............

Another idea, Ms. Liner of Third Way said, is to give priority to people’s talents and interests when choosing careers, even if it means going outside gender norms, for instance encouraging girls to be engineers and boys to be teachers. “There’s nothing stopping men and women from switching roles and being a maid versus a janitor except for social constructs,” she said.””"""""""

===========================

I remember reading the same thing about teaching, secretaries, etc. when they became overwhelmingly women, wages and prestige dropped.
Maybe women were better off and had more power not competing in the workplace ( That is what my great aunt says. My great uncle worked, she stayed home with the kids, etc. And she did run her home and was the home money manager, actually.
This brings to mind an episode of Mad Men which showed how advertising was often directed at housewives, who spent and decided how to spend, a large chunk of household budget. Anyway / / / /)
 magafra
Msg: 253
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 6:10:18 PM
I am very skeptical about this 20% wage lag, not sure how thisee conclusions can be reached, but if true the question is why? No law requires men to be paid more than women. Why do employers pay less to women? Assuming they do?
 daynadaze
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/24/2016 8:47:53 PM
It's there in many jobs, they try to hide it now-a-days but back when I was first getting jobs there were comments about taking a man's job because he had a family to raise, even though many women were single mothers. They were quite rude about it. The reason for it is plain old keeping women in their place, second place. Women worked hard to get equality and it's still not across the board. Feminism isn't about hating men or not needing men, or taking over, it was the idea of equality. You will notice even now that some men are threaten by women having equality, it's crazy thinking but it's still there.

I remember when I was young my mother worked (many women worked life was not like the TV shows of the 50s & 60s) and the pay was listed as men make this much and women make this much, period. My mother worked in a factory that make radar components, she did very intricate welding of this small components. They used a lot of women for this work because of their smaller hands, but they paid them half as much as the men who did the same thing. There was no one to complain to, women stayed in their place. There were places that fired you if you were pregnant, or even if you got married, if you did complain you were hysterical. Your husband could refuse to let you work, or your father. If you really don't know about women's rights or lack there of, do some research. I had to have my husband's approval to take birth control pills. I remember my mother liked that she had to wear slacks because your legs would get burned while welding, most places women were required to wear dresses.
 hykgtugyf5j55
Msg: 255
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 5:18:04 AM
Actually, the question is rhetorical. I already know why women are not paid as much as men, assuming they are not. Because women are simply much more difficult to deal with. They are cattier, more back stabbing, more gossipy, more moody, more b*tchy generally then men...and all guys know it, so do most women.

Organizations need people who get along...they need a certain fit. Women just don't fit in as well into any organization. Of course this is a generalization but generally true, and we all know it.

Just take this board. Ten to one the azz wipe mods are women. I'd put money on it. Does anybody here believe that the men got together in a posse to delete people? Sought help to do so? Of course not. We all know it's the women behind that.

Does anybody believe there are guys here who post like they are decent people but work behind the scenes against other guys? Nope..Nobody believes that because it is a female trait.

Even talliq, repugnant as he was, did not operate like women to cause harm to others in the background. He was far more honest about his objectives.

So you add these personality quirks with the fact women have more health issues, have long absences from work because of children issues, men are simply in general more desirable employees. And that means they should get a premium over women.

This post is factually correct, just not politically correct, and we all know it. Men and women are not interchangeable. There ard real differences between the sexes. That's the bottom line.
 Jo van
Msg: 256
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 5:21:09 AM

More value? I have heard this assertion of women having more "value" from you before. I am wondering if you have any citations from a reputable journal that you could provide for me that would support this?

If I might be so bold, I'm surprised you don't know this. It's straight from the Bibble:
"The Parable of the Flange. 3...16...34...Hup
And Mary doth maketh her way down to the river, for to wash her flange.
And LOW she spyeth the low hanging junk of some nekked mens, and never having seen such fleshy protuberances before, and comparing their outys to her own meager inny, she cryeth out; "HEY! How come I haven't got one of those? *points* I want one of those too!!"
And low, the angel Garibaldi descendeth from the heavens, and spakethetheth unto Mary saying:
"Fear not Babes, for thou dost have one of those *points*, and with one of those , you can get as many of those *points* (at the fleshy, prehensile sticks, sported by the men) as you like"
But thous must covereth thine face, because your chin is giving me a woody."

Mary did as she was told, and covered up. .
But "god" shagged her later anyway.
Because he's got X-Ray vision.

The end.
Blessed be the porcupines, for theirs is the kingdom of spikes.
Happy Sabbbbattth.
 hykgtugyf5j55
Msg: 257
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 6:07:44 AM
Maybe you should try reading the real bible. Some say the code in the bible and the complexity of the thinking prove it was inspired by God because man could not have produced it.

Regardless, as repugnant as you are to the religious, you have never attempted to ex plain how life evolved as it has without a higher power.
 Jo van
Msg: 258
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 8:41:24 AM

Maybe you should try reading the real bible.

Oh, I've read it, Tuggy.
From cover to cover, "Old" and "new", in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and Hieroglyphs.
It's all gibberish of course. Though it gives us a useful insight into the primitive superstitions and beliefs of the earliest of human settlements. Those guys were wack.

Some say the code in the bible and the complexity of the thinking prove it was inspired by God because man could not have produced it.

And some say that the people who say that^^, don't really understand what the word "thinking" means.
It's "circular reasoning",
like:
Q: "How do you know the bible's true?"
A: "Why the bible is the word of god".
Q: "How do you know "god" exists?"
A: Because it says so, right there in the bible".
And repeat....

Regardless, as repugnant as you are to the religious,

Wrong. Not true. Incorrect.
Religious people LOVE me, because they think I'm their enemy.

you have never attempted to ex plain how life evolved as it has without a higher power.

4 Billion years is a long time.
How long have you got?

No, scratch that.
It's obvious you've got plenty of time on your hands, hey, I'm not 'judging', but it's not my "responsibility" to educate you.
Try this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

All life on Earth shares a common ancestor known as the last universal common ancestor (LUCA),[4][5][6] which lived approximately 3.5–3.8 billion years ago,[7] although a study in 2015 found "remains of biotic life" from 4.1 billion years ago in ancient rocks in Western Australia.[8][9] In July 2016, scientists reported identifying a set of 355 genes from the LUCA of all organisms living on Earth.[10]

HTH
 Maleman999
Msg: 259
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 8:57:17 AM
^^^You mean humans are not all evolved from Adam and Eve, with everybody committing incest, since we're all one family?
Try telling Trump that all of those Muslims he wants to deport are family members, and are therefore in line to his family fortunes.
 flman2015
Msg: 260
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 1:36:00 PM

There is a pay gap even when education, skill and experience can be considered equal but, that gap may actually be logical and not based on sexist attitudes (discrimination), though gender is still a critical factor in it.

Whenever a candidate, man or woman, is considered for a job, there is a pay range associated with the job which is dependent on various factors, among them experience and other factors that are part of the individual's personality.

It is a fact that men are, in general, more aggressive than women. This has significant consequences when negotiating.

A male applicant is likely to be more assertive or even aggressive in his request for a particular level of compensation than a female. The lower pay isn't necessarily the result of a sexist attitude but, the result of the assertiveness and negotiating skills of female applicants.

This is supported by the fact that two males with the same level of education, experience and performing the same job are rarely paid the same amount. The difference is, in most cases, caused by how well they negotiated their initial compensation at the time they were hired.

The pay gap may very well exist simply because of behavioral differences between genders and not be the result of some conscious type of discrimination.
 cotter
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 2:54:37 PM
Pay gaps probably never have anything to do with the idea that men are the so-called "bread winners" and a woman's wages are considered "supplementary" ... right? WRONG.

I once overheard that very remark when standing outside my unit director's door waiting to speak to her about an increase in wage.

This is no longer "Leave it to Beaver" times ... women ARE the "bread winners" and we need every dime we can get because we are often raising the children without any support from their father, trying to make house payments and buy appropriate food as well as clothes for the children we are not getting child support for. Utilities cost more when children are living with us ... (4 people use more water than 1 ... more electricity than 1 ... well you get the picture).

Women need to be able to better themselves and that means going back to school after the divorce (especially when they were stay-at-home mothers) but they still have to work to support their children while also trying to go back to school, pay tuition, buy books, etc. ..... but our wages are considered "supplementary".

I finally just negotiated a raise with my employer because I can't seem to get any paid holidays and my patient wants me to work on holidays. They gave me a raise instead of paid holidays. The raise gives me 13 paid days off per year in addition to the 5 days I now get. I can now afford to take off 13 extra days without pay.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 3:22:56 PM
The topic was a womans face being covered ,,,,the thread is of the rails ,,cheers
 cotter
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 3:35:19 PM
Message 272 ...
The topic was a womans face being covered ,,,,the thread is of the rails ,,cheers

Here is your last post in this thread before the above ...
Message 162
Dude ,,your f@cked up and we are coming to get you ,,,,,run !!!!!

LMFAO ... your last post in this thread wasn't even on topic ... and it took you 110 more posts to discover that this thread is "of the rails".

Maybe you can find another thread that's still "ON TOPIC" to post in ... wouldn't want you to have to cramp your style by expecting you to post in a thread that's "of the rails".
 hgy86ey75fc
Msg: 264
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/25/2016 3:48:08 PM
Jovan, you claim to have read the Bible and yet understood nothing of it, totally missing the depth of the words, the incredible and superior intellectual exercise in deep thought. If you don't have the intellectual hardware to get it, don't pass it off as prehistoric nonsense. Instead simply admit you don't get it. No shame in not having the ability. Most don't.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/26/2016 12:01:37 PM
yes cotter ,,,it took 110 post ,,cause the guy with 4 or more fake profiles was posting his asss off ,,,so how fun is that ????
then talking of equel pay ,,,,, ???? sorry to pee in your corn flakes ,,,,rock on ;-)
and I got to say for me people with long asss post ???come on get to the point
 cotter
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 9/26/2016 12:20:37 PM
Message 275 ...
Someone twisting your arm to read these threads? Post in these threads?

You don't like it, you can always not participate.

PS ... I could care less who has how many profiles ... doesn't matter.
 Jo van
Msg: 267
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 5:10:43 AM

Jovan, you claim to have read the Bible and yet understood nothing of it, totally missing the depth of the words, the incredible and superior intellectual exercise in deep thought. If you don't have the intellectual hardware to get it, don't pass it off as prehistoric nonsense. Instead simply admit you don't get it. No shame in not having the ability. Most don't.

Here's an excerpt from the "incredible and superior intellectual exercise in deep thought:
1/. What to do if you find a dead body, but you just don't know who the killer was:

Deuteronomy 21
21:1 If one be found slain in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee to possess it, lying in the field, and it be not known who hath slain him:
21:2 Then thy elders and thy judges shall come forth, and they shall measure unto the cities which are round about him that is slain:
21:3 And it shall be, that the city which is next unto the slain man, even the elders of that city shall take an heifer, which hath not been wrought with, and which hath not drawn in the yoke;
21:4 And the elders of that city shall bring down the heifer unto a rough valley, which is neither eared nor sown, and shall strike off the heifer's neck there in the valley:
21:5 And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the LORD thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the LORD; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried:
(21:6) "And all the elders of that city ... shall wash their hands over the heifer that is beheaded in the valley:"
(21:7) "And they shall answer and say, Our hands have not shed this blood, neither have our eyes seen it."
21:8 Be merciful, O LORD, unto thy people Israel, whom thou hast redeemed, and lay not innocent blood unto thy people of Israel's charge. And the blood shall be forgiven them.
21:9 So shalt thou put away the guilt of innocent blood from among you, when thou shalt do that which is right in the sight of the LORD.

-Cut off a heifer's head, and wash your hands over it.
Then say "Beetlejuice", three times.?

2/. "God" gives permission to rape the captive women of their slain enemies:

21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,
21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;
21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;
21:13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.
21:14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her.

-Nice that they generously give her a FULL month, to mourn the deaths of her entire family, before shaving her head, (Brittany?) and raping her. (-Because I just can't believe that she'd willingly sleep with the murderer of her own family?)
-Also a nice touch that that if she turns out NOT to give you "delight", you can just "let her go", without selling her, because you've already "humbled" her enough.
It is indeed an " incredible and superior intellectual exercise in deep thought."

3/. If your "hated" wife give you a son, before the wife that you really like gives you one, he's still the "firstborn".

21:15 If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:
21:16 Then it shall be, when he maketh his sons to inherit that which he hath, that he may not make the son of the beloved firstborn before the son of the hated, which is indeed the firstborn:
21:17 But he shall acknowledge the son of the hated for the firstborn, by giving him a double portion of all that he hath: for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Polygamy is acceptable, because women just aren't "worth" as much as us men.
Muppets!

4/. What to do with adolescent rebellion:

21:18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
21:19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
21:20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
21:21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

"God" loves a good "stoning", -especially of your own children, if they don't do the chores!

And finally for today:
5/. Don't leave people hanging around, - it's just bad manners.
21:22 And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
21:23 His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

The original religion, ("judaism") and the other two spin-offs, ("christianity" and "islam") are based on the superstitious ramblings and beliefs of bronze-age, Neolithic farmers.

These people had no knowledge of farming, and consequently, they became incredibly superstitious.
Strangely, the "Blood and bone" fertiliser which they inadvertently administered to the land, in the form of "sacrifices", did improve the fertility and yields,
-but not for the reasons they thought it did.

But I don't want to appear to be too mocking, and uncharitable, to believers.
Those people were working with different information.
WE all make mistakes, we still do.

60 years ago Britain still had "apartheid" colonies, and tortured any "rebels" to them.
50 years ago, we still put unmarried women into 'lunatic asylums', for life, and gave their children to religious rapists, to abuse as much as they liked.
40 years ago, we still put gay people into all-male prisons!.
30 years ago a husband could still rape his "own" wife, as much as he liked, and she couldn't bring charges.

And many more, and that's just during my lifetime!
Imagine how stupid some of the beliefs from 2,000 years ago were?? (There are some examples above)
So...
Please stop pretending that these STUPID, superstitious beliefs are somehow "sacred", and that any "disrespect" of them is worthy of the death penalty.
And please stop pretending that they contain "deep truths" or "knowledge".
They don't.
That's just what the sellers of this sham claim.

There is just as much "truth" and "morality" in any of Grimm's, or Hans Christian Anderson's Fairytales.
Eg. "The king isn't wearing any clothes."
-Which, (IMO) just about sums-up the social phenomenom of religion.

Have a lovely Sunday.
 deetristate
Msg: 268
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 8:10:06 AM
You sure spend a lot of time on something that you dislike so much and that ruined your childhood.
I usually find that people who do so are trying to convince themselves that they have no belief or even doubt.
I don't believe in karma. I don't but it doesn't bother me that others do and I don't try to make them feel like idiots because they do. And I didn't spend a lot of time researching karma or reading about it or arguing with those that do believe in it.

People did terrible things because they could.

Not just the religious or those who believe in a higher power beat their wives, discriminated based on ethnicity and race, put gay people in prison ( some of the people who find homosexuality most abhorrent that I know are dyed in the wool atheists, militant actually. They are disturbed about it because of nature), or rape or committed infamous atrocities in history.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 269
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 9:55:18 AM

My theory is that he who doth protesteth too much and is always noting, "oh, look who is no longer here" is the root of it all. and has people booted. But I digress

Thats EXACTLY what happened. I was kicked off the site due to reports from the exact people saying "look who is no longer here". Then i had to resign up and wait 4 days for the new member cant post crap before i could come back.

So thats what happens around these forums. Challenge a couple of men on their sexist opinions and the response is to boot the women and then pretend the women who were booted didnt want to play anymore.

I wouldnt be surprised if this comment is deleted and im booted again. Its pathetic!
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 270
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 10:26:20 AM
Some of us are glad you're back. I at least wanted a chance to go round and round with you over some of your stuff that I disagree with.
 CarefreeBeauty
Msg: 271
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 10:48:20 AM
Hey BB---

So thats what happens around these forums. Challenge a couple of men on their sexist opinions and the response is to boot the women and then pretend the women who were booted didnt want to play anymore

In addition they blame the 'booting of posters' on a gaggle of [usually older] women, citing jealousy of the still young and pretty. Pathetic indeed~

Nice to see you back.
 mr_goodbar2
Msg: 272
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 11:12:05 AM

So thats what happens around these forums. Challenge a couple of men on their sexist opinions and the response is to boot the women and then pretend the women who were booted didnt want to play anymore.

I wouldnt be surprised if this comment is deleted and im booted again. Its pathetic!

You may be right. You might not last last long. Experience shows.....

And Darlin, it's not because you challenged a couple of men. Dudes don't care, they let you post your opinion whether they agree or not. Some of them even enjoy the back and forth banter and the mental challenge . If you are looking for who removed you, it's 98% the old broads. We will see who gets removed quicker. And yes, it IS pathetic.
 Jo van
Msg: 273
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 11:22:41 AM

You sure spend a lot of time on something that you dislike so much and that ruined your childhood.

1/. Just because it's been a week since I last posted, that doesn't mean that it's taken me that long, to compose my reply.
-And I think you must be "projecting", because religion never "ruined my childhood", I always thought it was bollocks.
Just like Grimm's Fairy Tales were.

I usually find that people who do so are trying to convince themselves that they have no belief or even doubt.

I know.
And you continue to still 'usually' do that, despite also being 'usually' wrong.
Some people never learn.

I don't believe in karma. I don't but it doesn't bother me that others do and I don't try to make them feel like idiots because they do.

And yet YOU are against face coverings, and I just feel pity for them.
The face coverings, and burkas are simply symptoms of the 'victim-blaming' misogynist culture of the Abrahamic faiths.
- "If men rape, it's not their fault, -the woman/child was just being too sexy."

And I didn't spend a lot of time researching karma or reading about it or arguing with those that do believe in it.

IF I was completely ignorant of something, it would be stupid to criticize it.
I can only suggest that you read more.

People did terrible things because they could.
Not just the religious or those who believe in a higher power beat their wives, discriminated based on ethnicity and race, put gay people in prison ( some of the people who find homosexuality most abhorrent that I know are dyed in the wool atheists, militant actually. They are disturbed about it because of nature), or rape or committed infamous atrocities in history.

I know.
I just have a (possibly, in vain) hope, that after about 6 million years of evolving from the other apes, we could, by now, have stopped fighting other apes, because they're from a different 'tribe', or because they look a bit different, or smell a little bit different, or wear different clothes, or have different cultures, or languages.

I suppose, to a certain extent, it's in our monkey nature..
-But we've managed to (most of us, and largely) overcome most of our other animal instincts, and live (mostly) in harmony with our neighbours, even though we might not like them, or approve of their lifestyles.

I think that (here in the west) most women wearing the veil, do so, from personal choice.
I'd rather persuade those women that men should be able to control their own urges, without the need for them to feel so vulnerable, rather than 'banning' them.

These patriarchal, religious views are the remnants of the stone age.
You might not like my "disrespect" for all religions, but it's for your own good.

The 'meme' of "respect" for religious beliefs has been with us, for so long, it will be difficult to shift.
Originally, it was enforced under threat of death.
It still is, in some places.
Many religious people will still threaten you with violence, if you "disrespect" their beliefs.
They think that such violence for the "honour" of their religion is "excusable", because it says so, in their "sacred texts".

Rational, sceptical examination of all of them, and a gradual, voluntary 'dropping' of all of them, is our best shot, for a peaceful future, IMO.

The option is to choose sides.
And we've kind of tried that before, and we all know how it ends.

Despite preaching "peace", for so long, religions have so far, managed to give us none of it.
Especially not, in their alleged "holy lands".

Religions are a lie. A sham.
Primitive myths, perpetuated and "taught" as "truths", by those with a vested interest in maintaining the 'elevated social status' which they have achieved as a "priest/rabbi/mullah" etc, and which it's doubtful they could ever have achieved in any other way. They wear a funny hat, and then people 'worship' them.
They were probably bullied at school or something.
-But now I'm straying into Dee's 'territory'!

The sooner societies move away from such 'institutionalised superstitions', the safer we'll all be.
-Because people with irrational beliefs, often act irrationally.
Like wearing veils.

Have a pleasant evening.
 modssook22
Msg: 274
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 1:18:24 PM
Please BB. I wrote a post to you on the worst date board.... I wanted to see you respond, not be terminated. Definitely not any guys terminating you. We don't fly that way. We just don't. Talk to Witchta. I've been told she is a moderator and it makes sense, she is always here posting, as you would expect a moderator would be around all of the time. . .. so you don't want to get on her bad side unless, like me, you have 20 throw away profiles in arrears, ready to use.

My last two profiles were never terminated by the way. ... the new tact is to simply remove posting privileges.

I think though that when I do try to post, that somehow messes with the system and that page can no longer be accessed from the system.

Anyway BB . . . you think far too highly of yourself to think any guys would bother trying to report you and have you deleted. Carefree with the blurry photos doesn't know what she's talking about.
 modssook22
Msg: 275
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 10/2/2016 1:21:01 PM
Jovan, the problem with these books filled with fairy-tails is there is some reason hundreds of millions of people believe in them, highly intelligent people, more than 2000 years later. Can you explain that please?

By the way, man did not evolved from apes. We simply share a common ancestor. Sheese . . . how can you pontificate about religion if you don't understand basic science?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered