Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Heffelump
Msg: 26
Arab woman face coveredPage 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Is the above post meant as some sort of post modern irony?

This is a woman who in a , "Won't someone think of the children" post actually said that if a woman is allowed to wear a burqa, it means that her children will be forced to wear them.

Then talks about "false realities" and pretends that she can't tell herself falsehoods.

She's got to be sitting us.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 27
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 8:29:39 PM
^ He's an animal! Delete him!

I hate it when people sit me.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 28
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/30/2016 9:13:47 PM
^^^^^ "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." - Johnny in Dirty Dancing

LePew
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 12:22:23 AM
Miss cotter I apologize for my explanation as you know English is my second language, I meant Diane Sawyer an American journalist was in the Arab country walking in a crowd , must be a market place,some men walking behind her run into her front and stare at her crotch for she was wearing a pants tuck in blouse with short jacket, I saw that on TV, maybe 17 years ago,and my friends proved that some uneducated men in that country does that...I am so sorry ,I can not imagine too that people walk back wards,maybe if I said the men walking behind her step forward in front of her and stare below her waist, that doesn't make sense too with civilize people like America, I enjoyed learning all your input to this Thread about Burga. Thanks to all and God bless.. Vannili
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 12:29:11 AM
Although deetristate is (as usual) wrong wherever she goes off on a political anti-pc, anti-clinton tangent, she is 100% correct that none of the Rights listed in the Constitution are absolute.

Whether you are a First, or Second Amendment fanatic (the two most popular ones to get self-righteous about these days), you are only fooling yourself.
Another point:

THIS HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH WHO IS OR ISN'T "OFFENDED."

With ALL the instances where we find we MUST curb everyone's liberty, it is about completely PRACTICAL concerns, and nothing else. Anyone who tries to pretend this has anything to do with "political correctness run amok" on the one side, or "classic American Conservative Angst" on the other, is playing manipulative games with themselves, and everyone else.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to enforce all sorts of laws which we already agree, are necessary for everyone's benefit, without being able to identify individuals officially. Therefore everyone needs official identification (invasion of privacy for the sake of security), and everyone needs to allow themselves to BE IDENTIFIED as necessary (limiting freedom of appearance expression, and freedom of religious practice).

It is ALSO important that we preserve as much of our liberty as we practically can, so that means that we can't allow those in power to arrange for legal restrictions, simply for their whim or convenience. So each and every impingement of our rights has to be carefully decided, and strictly specified and limited.

But ALL "rights" DO, in specific ways, have to be limited, if ANYONE is to have ANY rights at all.
 cotter
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 7:32:39 AM
Message 30 ...
... some men walking behind her run into her front and stare at her crotch for she was wearing a pants tuck in blouse with short jacket ...
... some uneducated men in that country does that ...

Vannili ... clearly some women are horrified by such behavior while others just laugh at it.

When I first signed up on POF, I had no way to get pictures of myself ... did not own the type of apparatus to produce a "selfie" and to be honest, just learned how to do that ... although not well.

All the pictures on my profile were nothing but copies of "head shot" pictures I could find laying around the house ... not necessarily "recent", but my looks don't change much and I'm honest about my age. At some point, I found myself at a POF party and had on a short skirt. Someone came up to me and said, "Oh my gawd ... look at Cotter! She's got really nice legs. Let's get a picture of them so she can put them on her profile." So that's how I got the "legs" picture.

In the meantime, I do get emails from men who ask me if I model for those panty hose "Leggs". I do not. Still other men have written to me and described in detail what they do while looking at the picture. Both men and women have complimented me that I have nice legs for a woman my age.

I could care less what men might be doing while drinking their coffee looking at my legs.

I used to go into public saunas in Germany naked ... with naked men. In the end, no matter how much they looked at my breasts or my nethers, I still had my breasts and nethers when I got up and walked out. The same goes for walking down the street ... riding my bike. No matter how much men look or whistle or cat call ... I still have my dignity and nothing under my clothes is missing.

Men looking at women does not take away a woman's dignity. Perhaps you need to look at it differently ... those men would have looked at Diane Sawyer no matter what she had on.

I have heard women talking about watching men's butts or packages ... so it's really not a gender issue.

I note you speak of "uneducated men doing that" ... and I would say that we have "educated" men doing that ... they're just a bit more coy about how they do it. (Note to self ... Muslim men need to be taught how to be more coy about watching women walk in public ... perhaps sign up to take lessons from "Western" men.)

Let me also say that sometimes men make such "looking" quite apparent just to see the looks on the women's faces.

When a man exposes himself to a woman in the park, most women would probably scream and run away. The man got what he wanted.

If the woman would point at him and laugh and then ask, "Is that all you've got?", the guy wouldn't get any pleasure out of exposing himself.

When I worked in the jails, men would expose themselves to the nurses all the time. I'd just look at them and shake my head and say, "Seriously?" One guy was standing in his cell naked and playing with himself when I approached (he knew I was in the room) and I just acted like I didn't see what he was doing. I asked him if he wanted his pills and he looked at me and said, "Yes". So here's what I said, "Then put that thing down and get over here and get your pills!"

The deputy who was with me laughed so hard he could barely open the little hatch on the door for me to administer the pills. He told me the other nurses don't seem to be able to keep their cool about it the way I do. Reacting to such behavior in a shocked way just feeds their fun. I do not respond the way they expect me to and it takes all the fun out of it.

Of course, I suppose you could keep in mind that they are in jail because they have "social behavior" problems ... eh?

... that doesn't make sense too with civilize people like America ...

Vannili ... you give "American" men too much credit. Believe me, they are also looking. And honestly, the American women are also looking at men in the same way. If you don't believe me, just look how they talk about David Beckham.
 deetristate
Msg: 32
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 8:02:18 AM
Huh.
The ACLU is suing on behalf of a woman who is a Christian who wanted to wear a headscarf and was told to take it off for her driver's license photo because only Muslim women are allowed to wear them in a photo.
Huh.
 Maleman999
Msg: 33
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 8:35:05 AM
^^^Since when did the license bureau start asking people what religion they are? If a man was to go there wearing a turban, does he have to prove he is a Sikh?
 joepeters37
Msg: 34
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 8:49:37 AM

Since when did the license bureau start asking people what religion they are? If a man was to go there wearing a turban, does he have to prove he is a Sikh?

Well if they don't ask you would suspect that "gasp...they're profiling" if they would tell what would appear to be a white Christian female in the afore mentioned case to remove her head scarf but not a middle eastern woman wearing the same type of garment.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 35
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:00:47 AM

The ACLU is suing on behalf of a woman who is a Christian who wanted to wear a headscarf and was told to take it off for her driver's license photo because only Muslim women are allowed to wear them in a photo.

Well of course they are... You seem surprised by this...

Have you been living in a cave somewhere that you never knew that the ACLU sued for "civil rights violations"...?

Hardly surprising that this happened in the "racist hick heaven" of Alabama... or that it happened to a black woman at the hands of CONSERVATIVE whites... And, in this case, it happened to be a white man who is also noted for refusing to follow the SCOTUS decision allowing same-sex marriage (he refused to issue licenses)...

It was a "perfect storm" of circumstances that made this outcome possible... A black Christian woman, practicing her religion (in a way most white American Christians don't) runs up against the bigotries of CONSERVATIVE American whites...

I guess it's just a good thing that she wasn't a lesbian and looking for a marriage license as well...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:10:30 AM
Interesting that in France in some towns, a woman must show her body and not cover up in tee shirt and long pants, or
wear an Olympics style kneeskin swimsuit. It covers too much her body, but I am not sure if they have a percentage skin that must be shown?

TYR Fusion Aerofit Short John 2 Kneeskin Tech Suit Swimsuit

“One was wearing a long-sleeve T-shirt and pants with a head scarf, and another was wearing an actual competition bathing suit, like they wear in the Olympics, and a bathing cap, and she was taken off the beach,” Mr. Muhammad said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/18/world/europe/fighting-for-the-soul-of-france-more-towns-ban-a-bathing-suit-the-burkini.html?_r=0

I am in favor of banning any type of body covering on beaches in an effort to free women from oppression. Are any forumites with me on this ban?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:26:45 AM
My thoughts on are you must live in a provincial town that is culturally isolated. I see burkas everyday and they are common enough, but maybe only 1-2% of people wear them, I see maybe 4-5 women in a place like WalMart wearing them.

Like," while in Rome, do what the Romans do "? I would appreciate your input on this.

My thought it that you haven't adapted to the USA's culture. We highly value freedom of religion, freedom of expression, freedom of choice in everything. It would be difficult to change this. Now you are in Rome, do as we do.

By banning clothes that the majority didn't like, we would become more like the Middle East, which is ironic given that one of your posts is complaining about their laws concerning what can be worn in public.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:33:45 AM

Again, you can't wear whatever you want wherever you want at all times. To claim that there is such a "freedom" in the USA is well . . . . just nonsense. And NOT REALITY. Examples have been given. Ignore them if you must.

True, our freedoms are always limited by Government, there are many example.

But the USA is the most independent country in the world where people go to extremes to prevent Government from telling us what to do.

So I doubt banning burkas would ever be popular enough to overcome our cultural distaste for Gov encroaching on our freedoms.
 deetristate
Msg: 39
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 9:50:29 AM
No one was surprised
Again, I forget that on average people are literal.

I still don't understand why people think that Muslim is a race. Eh . . .
 gtomustang
Msg: 40
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:12:49 AM
"I still don't understand why people think Muslim is a race"

>>>so true, so true. Every time I ask Trumpets who they want to ban, they always point at white people and go, "duh! Muslims like them!" They never picture someone with dark skin, which seems so prejudiced. Why do they think all Muslims are Scandinavian?
 Maleman999
Msg: 41
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 10:41:47 AM
I bet if some fashion designer at a high end women's clothing chain started making designer burkini's, they would be a hit, even among non-Muslims. Maybe not in France-but elsewhere.
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 11:41:09 AM
Mr. dragonbytes , it is not the clothes issue here ,it is the COVERD FACE. It is not common practice in America or other nations that people covered the faces, like Arab nation, I will not say the label Muslim because in the Philippines they don't cover their faces ... You know that in America it is not common for people with COVERED FACE unless they rob a bank or other crime deed for the reason that they don't want to be identified like the KKK.I bet you are familiar with that because this is your country. I may not be sophisticated like you but I know that my face is my IDENTIFICATION to be recognize as a person. Mr. dragonbyes, there is nothing written in Koran that women has to covered their faces. But it is common sense that people in the desert has to cover their faces to avoid sand storm and heat from the sun.

.Now you are in Rome,do as we do

Wrong Mr. dragonbytes, I don't do DIVORCE,DIVORCE.DIVORCE. and I don't see a man as a sign of MONEY, and I don't kick my children out the house when they reach 18 much sue them for what they owe me money.
As the American saying * nip in the bud* American should not normalize covered faces ..
 razors_edge55
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 12:06:49 PM
wrong KJ ,,, a democracy is all are treated the same under the law ;;;how is one different just from a relegion way of life ,,,,we all have the same rights ,life liberty yada ,yada ,,, why it bothers people I would say is you have not seen the world ,,and the world is different than the US,,, but defferent and the same ,,,, see morocco great place ,,and see the film ,,'intolerance " ,,it's silent but the message is loud
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 1:02:24 PM

American should not normalize covered faces.

America should not normalize having the government tell people what they can and can't wear. Why are you so obsessed with seeing their faces? Are you in favor of a government imposed dress code, where people are told what to wear each day of the week, and if they don't wear the right outfit, they are fined or go to jail-much like France is doing with bans on clothes they are not used to seeing?
 razors_edge55
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 1:09:46 PM
most french towns have droped the ban ,,,,,if not all ,,, god can't we all just live together ,,,got to say today I just got the song by bob marley ,,,One love ,,,,it was always there ,but did not see the BIG PIC,,,,,but he did ,,,,
oh kj I think I found your shoe,,,,,,,,,,,,
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 46
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 1:33:06 PM

Vannili ... clearly some women are horrified by such behavior while others just laugh at it. – Cotter

Your sisters are not laughing in Sweden, Cotter ― not even titters or chuckles. I don’t think people in the West, obsessed by what the Clintons are saying, actually know what’s going on in places like Sweden.

According to the Gatestone Institute, Sweden is now “the rape capital of the West.”

Forty years after the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the formerly homogenous Sweden into a multicultural country, violent crime has increased by 300% and rapes by 1,472%. Sweden is now number two on the list of rape countries, surpassed only by Lesotho in Southern Africa.

Significantly, the report does not touch on the background of the rapists. One should, however, keep in mind that in statistics, second-generation immigrants are counted as Swedes.

In an astounding number of cases, the Swedish courts have demonstrated sympathy for the rapists, and have acquitted suspects who have claimed that the girl wanted to have sex with six, seven or eight men.

The internet radio station Granskning Sverige called the mainstream newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen to ask why they had described the perpetrators as "Swedish men," when they actually were Somalis without Swedish citizenship. They were hugely offended when asked if they felt any responsibility to warn Swedish women to stay away from certain men. One journalist asked why that should be their responsibility.

In 1975, the Swedish parliament unanimously decided to change the former homogeneous Sweden into a multicultural country. Forty years later the dramatic consequences of this experiment emerge: violent crime has increased by 300%.
If one looks at the number of rapes, however, the increase is even worse. In 1975, 421 rapes were reported to the police; in 2014, it was 6,620. That is an increase of 1,472%.

Sweden is now number two on the global list of rape countries. According to a survey from 2010, Sweden, with 53.2 rapes per 100,000 inhabitants, is surpassed only by tiny Lesotho in Southern Africa, with 91.6 rapes per 100,000 inhabitants.

Strange explanations

Rather than doing something about the problem of violence and rape, Swedish politicians, public authorities and media do their best to ‘explain away’ the facts. Here are some of their explanations:

* Swedes have become more prone to report crime.
* The law has been changed so that more sexual offences are now classed as rape.
* Swedish men cannot handle increased equality between the sexes and react with violence against women (perhaps the most fanciful excuse).

A long-held feminist myth is that the most dangerous place for a woman is her own home — that most rapes are committed by someone she knows. This claim was refuted in the report:

"In 58% of cases, the perpetrator was entirely unknown by the victim. In 29% of cases the perpetrator was an acquaintance, and in 13% of cases the perpetrator was a person close to the victim."

Brå reports that there are no major differences between women of Swedish and foreign background when it comes to the risk of being raped. Significantly, the report does not touch on the background of the rapists.

Without parallel

Back in 1975, the year when politicians decided that Sweden was to become multicultural, the Swedish population stood at 8,208,442. By 2014 it had grown to 9,743,087, an increase of 18.7%. This growth is entirely due to immigration, as Swedish women on average give birth to 1.92 children compared to the 2.24 average of immigrant women. One should, however, keep in mind that in the statistics, second-generation immigrants are counted as Swedes.

Sweden's recent population growth is without parallel. Never before in the country's history has the number of inhabitants increased so fast. Sweden is now the fastest growing country in Europe.

Over the past 10-15 years, immigrants have mainly come from Muslim countries such as Iraq, Syria and Somalia. Might this mass-influx explain Sweden's rape explosion? It is difficult to give a precise answer, because Swedish law forbids registration based on people's ancestry or religion. One possible explanation is that, on average, people from the Middle East have a vastly different view of women and sex than Scandinavians have. And despite the attempts by the Swedish establishment to convince the population that everyone setting foot on Swedish soil becomes exactly like those who have lived here for dozens of generations, facts point in an altogether different direction.

The latest statistical survey of immigrant criminality compared to that of Swedes was done in 2005. The results are practically never mentioned. Not only that; anyone who dares refer to them, for example on social media, is viciously attacked.

Denigration of ethnic groups

Michael Hess, a local politician from Sweden Democrat Party, encouraged Swedish journalists to get acquainted with Islam's view of women, in connection with the many rapes that took place in Cairo's Tahrir Square during the "Arab Spring". Hess wrote: "When will you journalists realize that it is deeply rooted in Islam's culture to rape and brutalize women who refuse to comply with Islamic teachings? There is a strong connection between rapes in Sweden and the number of immigrants from MENA-countries [Middle East and North Africa]."

This remark led to Michael Hess being charged with "denigration of ethnic groups" [hets mot folkgrupp], a crime in Sweden. In May last year, he was handed a suspended jail sentence and a fine. The suspension was due to the fact that he had no prior convictions. The verdict has been appealed to a higher court.

For many years, Michael Hess lived in Muslim countries, and he is well acquainted with Islam and its view of women. During his trial, he provided evidence of how Sharia law deals with rape, and statistics to indicate that Muslims are vastly overrepresented among perpetrators of rape in Sweden. However, the court decided that facts were irrelevant:

"The Court [Tingsrätten] notes that the question of whether or not Michael Hess's pronouncement is true, or appeared to be true to Michael Hess, has no bearing on the case. Michael Hess's statement must be judged based on its timing and context. At the time of the offense, Michael Hess referred neither to established research nor to Islamic sources. It was only in connection with his indictment that Michael Hess tried to find support in research and religious writings. The Court therefore notes that Michael Hess's pronouncement was obviously not a part of any reasoned [saklig] or trustworthy [vederhäftig] discussion. Michael Hess's pronouncement must therefore be viewed as an expression of disdain for immigrants with an Islamic faith."

Statistical evidence

What may one conclude from the available statistics?

As part of the evidence Michael Hess presented in court, he made use of whatever statistics existed on immigrant criminality in Sweden before the statistical authorities stopped measuring. Michael Hess tried to find answers to two questions:

* Is there a correspondence between the incidence of rape and the number of people with a foreign background in Sweden?

* Is there a correspondence between the incidence of rape and some specific group of immigrants in Sweden?

The answer to both questions was an unequivocal yes. Twenty-one research reports from the 1960s until today are unanimous in their conclusions: Whether or not they measured by the number of convicted rapists or men suspected of rape, men of foreign extraction were represented far more than Swedes. And this greater representation of persons with a foreign background keeps increasing:

* 1960-1970s – 1.2 to 2.6 times as often as Swedes
* 1980s – 2.1 to 4.7 times as often as Swedes
* 1990s – 2.1 to 8.1 times as often as Swedes
* 2000s – 2.1 to 19.5 times as often as Swedes

Even when adjusted for variables such as age, sex, class and place of residence, the huge discrepancy between immigrants and Swedes remains.

Research reports on crime in Sweden have become a rarity, but among the eighteen that were done during the 1990s and the 2000s, eleven dealt with rape. Two of these reports dealt with the connection between rape and immigration, and they both confirmed that there is a link.

These figures are available to the authorities, the politicians and the press, yet they insist that these numbers do not mirror reality.

Glaring discrepancy

How is it, then, that in 2008, Sweden's neighbour, Denmark, only had 7.3 rapes per 100,000 inhabitants compared to 53.2 in Sweden?

Danish legislation is not very different from Sweden's, and there is no obvious reason why Danish women should be less inclined to report rape than their Swedish counterparts.

In 2011, 6,509 rapes were reported to the Swedish police, but only 392 in Denmark. The population of Denmark is about half the size of Sweden's, so even adjusted for size, the discrepancy is significant.

In Sweden, the authorities do what they can to conceal the origin of the rapists. In Denmark, the state's official statistical office, Statistics Denmark, revealed that in 2010 more than half of convicted rapists had an immigrant background.

Foreigners overrepresented

Since 2000, there has only been one research report on immigrant crime. It was done in 2006 by Ann-Christine Hjelm from Karlstads University.

It emerged that in 2002, 85% of those sentenced to at least two years in prison for rape in Svea Hovrätt, a court of appeals, were foreign born or second-generation immigrants.

A 1996 report by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention reached the conclusion that immigrants from North Africa (Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia) were 23 times as likely to commit rape as Swedish men. The figures for men from Iraq, Bulgaria and Romania were, respectively, 20, 18 and 18. Men from the rest of Africa were 16 times more prone to commit rape; and men from Iran, Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia, 10 times as prone as Swedish men.

Gang rapes

A new trend reached Sweden with full force over the past few decades: gang rape — virtually unknown before in Swedish criminal history. The number of gang rapes increased spectacularly between 1995 and 2006. Since then no studies of them have been undertaken.

One of the worst cases occurred in 2012, when a 30-year old woman was raped by eight men in a housing project for asylum seekers, in the small town of Mariannelund. The woman was an acquaintance of a man from Afghanistan who had lived in Sweden for a number of years. He invited her to go out with him. She obliged. The Afghan man took her to a refugee housing project and left her defenseless. During the night, she was raped repeatedly by the asylum seekers and when her "friend" returned, he raped her too. The following morning she managed to call the police. Sweden's public prosecutor has called the incident "the worst crime of rape in Swedish criminal history."

Seven of the men were sentenced to between 4.5 and 6.5 years in prison. Prison time is usually reduced by a third, so it won't be long before the men will be ready for new assaults, presumably on infidel women.

In cases of gang rape, culprits and victims are most often young and in almost every case, the perpetrators are of immigrant background, mostly from Muslim countries. In an astounding number of cases, the Swedish courts have demonstrated sympathy for the rapists. Several times the courts have acquitted suspects who have claimed that the girl wanted sex with six, seven or eight men.

One striking incident occurred in 2013, in the Stockholm suburb of Tensta. A 15-year-old girl was locked up while six men of foreign extraction had sex with her. The lower court convicted the six men but the court of appeals acquitted them because no violence had occurred, and because the court determined that the girl "had not been in a defenseless position."

This month, all major Swedish media reported on a brutal gang rape on board the Finnish Ferry Amorella, running between Stockholm and Åbo in Finland. Big headlines told the readers that the perpetrators were Swedish:

* "Several Swedish Men Suspected of Rape on the Finland Ferry" (Dagens Nyheter).
* "Six Swedish Men Raped Woman in Cabin" (Aftonbladet).
* "Six Swedes Arrested for Rape on Ferry" (Expressen).
* "Eight Swedes Suspected of Rape on Ferry" (TT – the Swedish News Agency).

On closer inspection, it turned out that seven of the eight suspects were Somalis and one was Iraqi. None of them had Swedish citizenship, so they were not even Swedish in that sense. According to witnesses, the group of men had been scouring the ferry looking for sex. The police released four of them (but they are still suspects) whereas four (all Somalis) remain in custody.

The internet radio station Granskning Sverige called the mainstream newspapers Aftonbladet and Expressen to ask why they had described the perpetrators as "Swedish men" when they were actually Somalis. That is irrelevant, said the journalists. They were hugely offended when asked if they felt any responsibility to warn Swedish women to stay away from certain men. One journalist asked why that should be their responsibility.

"If the women knew, then perhaps they would have stayed away from these men and avoided being raped," said the reporter from Granskning Sverige. Whereupon the journalist slammed down the phone.

Like I said, Cotter, your sisters in Sweden are not laughing, but they’ll get no help from their sisters in the politically correct West. We’re too busy with the Clintons and their endless lies and criminal activities.

Best wishes
- Peter
 Jo van
Msg: 47
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 2:12:08 PM

Do people want a law that says all women must expose X% of their body when out in public, and they are subject to fine and/or jail if they don't flash enough skin in public?

Maleman, I can't answer this, until I know whether or not we get to choose which X%?
But, provisionally , you've got my vote. Where do I sign?

Fashions change. "In olden times a glimpse of stocking was looked at as something shocking, now anything goes".... etc etc.

This is more about symbolism than any sham of practical considerations regarding identity.
To the hysterical, it's a "symbol of terrorism", or at least, support for it.

But people (the hysterical people) don't think things through properly.
They see it as a "failure to assimilate into western culture".
But they don't really consider all the many forms of "western culture", which they already don't partake in.
Eg.: gun culture, the country and western, line-dancing culture, Goths, nudists, butterfly collectors, drag-racers, drag-artists, dragon-worshipers, drag-hunters, the list is endless.

It seems people are perfectly happy to "allow" other people to participate in many other cultures, or 'sub-cultures', without feeling at all "threatened" by them.

Rather than simply "attacking" this one visible symbol of adherence to any particular religion, I feel people should really be challenging the narrative behind this "tradition".

It comes from the same misogynist, "victim-blaming, rape-culture of all three "Abrahamic faiths"

-It says that women should dress "modestly", because if they don't, and then men rape them, it's not really the man's "fault", it's the woman's.
It's a narrative which claims that us poor men just can't help raping, if we see an attractive woman, or even an unattractive one, or even anyone a rapist considers to be acting "provocatively", eg; walking.

In Deuteronomy, it says that if a woman gets raped inside the city, then she should be stoned to death, because she (obviously?) "Didn't cry out loudly enough". - In other words, "She wanted it"

It also says that you can "take" the women of vanquished enemies, as your "wife".
You have to give her a month, -to get over the deaths of her entire family,( very caring, religious people!) and then you must shave her head, before you "take" her as your "wife".
The bible says "god" wants you to rape her.
This isn't "islam", this is in the "christian" bible.
Apparently, this is what "god" wants, he wants you to "kill all the men", (non-believers, or believers in other gods) and then to rape all the women.

It's not the clothing, that people should be getting worked-up about, it's the primitive notion that "god created women", as some sort of "companions" and/or "playthings", for us men, and that women are "second-class citizens".
This is primitive BS., and it has no place in modern societies.

It all stems back from a time, long-before paternity tests, when the only way to insure that your offspring were your own, was to completely CONTROL women.

That's why they're all so obsessed with "virgins".
That's why they evolved younger and younger "marriages", because the younger they were, the more likely they were, to still be a "virgin".
The "Virgin Mary" herself, is thought to be no older than 12 or 13, and "Joseph" was what? 40-something?

What people wear is the least of our problems.
Religions, all of them, excuse rape, and blame the women when it does happen, for being "immodest", or "unchaperoned", or drunk, etc etc.

Attack the primitive beliefs and superstitious drivel which inspired them, including "christianity".
The clothes are just a symbol of that attitude.

When I look at them, I feel nothing but sadness, and pity.
 billybonds
Msg: 48
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 2:27:02 PM
America is insolvent. Hard to believe for the slow witted but America's global hegemony is over. The dollar backed only by callous violence is finished. Islam is a very easy scapegoat , leave the Islamic woman alone and for the sake of your own dignity stop imbibing the dissembling bullshitting warmongering, last years of the imperial city. The rubbish that emanates from Washington D.C. such as the utter nonsense about American exceptionalism just hides the truth that America has stopped earning a living in the world, militarised, and is pursuing endless wars with debased coinage. You have more in common with 4th century Rome than you do with your founding fathers.
 kj521
Msg: 49
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 3:30:38 PM
"wrong KJ"

Yeah, Mr. Razor..... I often am. And today I don't even think I am batting the same average of being right as often as a broken clock! Civics was never my strong suit. Come to think of it....neither was math. Nor history. Nor English. Nor science. Dang! I better stop! I am running out of subjects! :/

"oh kj I think I found your shoe,,,,,,,,,,,,"

Yikes! That is both scary and exciting at the same time cause this could mean two very different things!

So before I ask you to describe it.....you'll have to excuse me while I go ask myself if I feel lucky. ;)

And....Mr. Jo Van.....before you get excited about x% of law enforced skin exposure. Think of the downside. Once seen....it can't be unseen. And as far as I know....Bleachbit only works on computer memory.....not on human memory. :D
 flaneur001
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Arab woman face covered
Posted: 8/31/2016 3:38:10 PM
Female Mounties (RCMP) can wear the hijab

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-diversity-policy-hijab-1.3733829
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Arab woman face covered