Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OK, I'm starting to feel afraid      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jo van
Msg: 26
Dam good beaver, it likes its wood.Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

A robot-hoover? You can clean one of the blow-up dolls with some sort of "hoover"?

Nah! Not a blow-up doll, a "Roboshag" ™.

Don't you just sort of ... hose her down every once in a while ... making sure to pay special attention to mouth, vagina, and anus ... ?

Yeah.... And that's exactly why she divorced me.

Oooh.....Ms. Cotter.....

I don't think he meant "hoover" for cleaning purposes. :/

Yeah, I did.
I meant exactly that.
None taken.

I was thinking that, instead of just putting "her" away into a cupboard, or somewhere, "afterwards", (you know, when I've finished the mandatory cuddling of her so she doesn't feel "used" etc etc) maybe "she" could clean-up a bit too, and/or maybe iron a few shirts and stuff.?
Not much use if she can only do one thing....

Although, I suppose it might be somewhere to push the corners of my tea-towels, to keep them tidy.

Just trying to "think outside the box" here...
Goodnight.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 27
Dam good beaver, it likes its wood.
Posted: 9/5/2016 4:58:32 PM
What's the typical storage capacity for a Hoover?

Are they wet vacs as well?
 Walts
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:10:24 PM

maybe "she" could clean-up a bit too, and/or maybe iron a few shirts and stuff.?

Well, that would be just silly. These things are just suppose to replace women, not reinvent the wheel.

;)
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:54:47 PM
A testimonial from their site:

I’ve had Linda, my RD2 Body D Natalie, for going on 2 years now. She’s been a dazzling presence in my life – a captivating beauty, fun, inspiring, just all around wonderful. Something magical happens when you gaze into her eyes; at the end of a long day she is there waiting for me and everything just seems right.

She is a beautiful artwork, and is very well put together. I daresay she is quite sturdy. I am very happy about the quality of workmanship and artistry. If this is love, it is a love that will definitely last!

The level of customer service provided is also excellent. Two years after the sale and my emails are still cheerfully and promptly answered. They are happy to take the time for a phone call to explain how to make a repair, or send a link to a video on replacing eyes, for example. It’s all of these things that help create the kind of loyal fans and repeat customers you see online. I’m sure to be one in the future.

Thank you!
 Heffelump
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/5/2016 5:59:02 PM
Well that's actually intriguing. I know from personal experience that if you try to replace an eye on a real girlfriend she calls the cops. And i didn't have a helpline to call.
 daynadaze
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 6:16:31 PM
Doesn't sound very sturdy, if after only two years you need to make numerous calls and replace an eye. I don't even want to know what he was doing with her eyes.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/5/2016 6:21:18 PM
^ The eyes are the gateway to the soul, silly.
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/5/2016 7:09:39 PM
Dated a guy from here who had a 3 or 4 foot Barbie doll buckled in the back seat of his van. He found her at a garage sale, strapped her in, posed her head to look out the window and her arm up in the air in a big wave and then drove to the local H.S. to pick up his son and friends from football practice. I think they all need therapy now! The guy thought it was the funniest thing especially when people would honk and wave back at Barbie.

LePew
 Ouija2025
Msg: 34
OK, I'm starting to feel naugahyde
Posted: 9/6/2016 6:06:09 AM
LePew - guy here drives around with a skeleton in the passengers seat, window down, arm draped out.
Vanity Fair did a big article on the guy who makes the women in the USA... freaking things look real.
The idea makes me rather sad :( How lonely doo you have to be to pay $25,000 for synt. skin?
 Maleman999
Msg: 35
OK, I'm starting to feel afraid
Posted: 9/6/2016 6:09:30 AM

I also heard that some folks were caught trying to use him to get away with driving in the HOV lane.

Not long after an HOV lane was added on the highway out by where I am, people got creative to be able to use the lane without getting fined. A guy was charged with having a blow-up sex doll dressed up in clothes as a passenger, another had a mannequin, and a woman was charged with having a baby seat that just had a stuffed winter coat in it. Some enterprising guys got into the act by having a "Rent a Passenger" business, where for a fee, they would be a passenger. I don't know what they did when they got to where the driver was going. A guy even started up a business renting out mannequins dressed up to use as passengers. I don't know if he's still in the business, since I don't think the police and other people would take too kindly to a guy profiting from trying to fool the police. Of course, he's not going to admit to renting out mannequins to use as "passengers". His line would be "What they do with the mannequins is none of my business."

Most of the people using the HOV lane-especially in rush hour-are people going to work. What I wonder is: Who would want to pull into the parking lot at work with a dressed up sex doll or mannequin in their vehicle? Fellow employees who are parking close by are at some point, going to notice it. It would seem like a lot of trouble to deflate and inflate a human size doll and have it dressed up when inflated, and how do you hide a human size mannequin that's in your car-even if it doesn't have legs?
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 36
OK, I'm starting to feel naugahyde
Posted: 9/9/2016 10:05:30 AM
Ouija
LePew - guy here drives around with a skeleton in the passengers seat, window down, arm draped out.
Vanity Fair did a big article on the guy who makes the women in the USA... freaking things look real.
The idea makes me rather sad :( How lonely doo you have to be to pay $25,000 for synt. skin?

Oh boy! I don't know which is creepier, the Barbie or the skeleton?

Years ago as a birthday gag for a kid who just turned 18 that worked with my ex and a bunch of "old" men in their 30's. They purchased 4 blow up dolls and one ewe and put them in his car. He drove around a few weeks like that until his parents made him get rid of them. LOL The ewe went back to the shop where she became the mascot.

LePew
 cotter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2016 10:54:26 AM
Message 40 ...
LMAO ...
Who would want to pull into the parking lot at work with a dressed up sex doll or mannequin in their vehicle?

That wouldn't bother me ... but I have never been one who cares about what others think of me. I admit that when I worked at the jail it might have been a concern of the deputies parking near me.

Fellow employees who are parking close by are at some point, going to notice it.

If they knew what I was up to, it would probably just make them laugh ... because they're used to me doing off the cuff stuff.

It would seem like a lot of trouble to deflate and inflate a human size doll ...

If it was the inflatable type it would probably burst in the heat of the vehicle ... so I'd probably opt for one that I could just lay down in the back seat or put in the trunk. A CPR mannequin might work well but you'd have to glue a head (perhaps wig stand) on it.

... and have it dressed up when inflated, and how do you hide a human size mannequin that's in your car-even if it doesn't have legs?

Actually, the clothes would kind of stay in place when it's deflated ... and would need only a little adjusting as the thing got inflated? Don't really know but I remember when my children blew up a plastic punching toy and put clothes on it and then deflated it when they were done and the clothes stayed in place.

Nonetheless, it seems like a lot of trouble to go to when one could just leave a little earlier and avoid the whole traffic mess?
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2016 3:16:52 PM
*ahem* In my infinite wisdom, I forgot to mention that I traded the Lexus in for a new orange electric Fiat back in July... so the whole thing about driving with a dummy in the car so I can use the HOV lane is a non-issue.

What I'm afraid of is... ok, picture this. You're a (reasonably) good-looking female, age 20 to 60... you go out alone to your favorite fancy restaurant (I'm thinking my favorite seafood restaurant in the marina)... you're dining alone (but you wish you had someone to share the meal with), and this good-looking guy wearing a suit enters... and the gorgeous redhead arm in arm with him, is a state of the art ROBOT. One that can walk, talk, see, hear, eat, drink, and have a serious case of the hots for him.

I don't know about you... but I'd feel more "cooked" than the breaded shrimp on the plate in front of me. :(
 2ufo2
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/9/2016 3:22:10 PM

...and the gorgeous redhead arm in arm with him, is a state of the art ROBOT. One that can walk, talk, see, hear, eat, drink, and have a serious case of the hots for him.

If she has the hots for him and has all the senses you mentions...
I'm not sure I would consider her a robot.
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2016 4:29:11 PM
Oh, I think technology will get there quick. Remember, back in 2000 none of us knew what a smartphone was. Now it's tough to understand how we got by without them.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/10/2016 12:29:10 AM
Cheaper than a hooker, no demands, chatter, disagreeing...it's an investment for the cheap, efficient, soulless anyways pervert.

They can probably program enjoyable scripts. Finally, they can be told stuff that was music to their ears.

I mean, they already use pets as love, companionship, and children substitutes, why not an approximation of their dream girl?

Ok, she has no flesh, heat, sweat or spontaneous and higher thoughts or can't really understand you, but maybe they can have temp settings, and fake emotions. Ew.

If it was me, not satisfying at all. I like somebody that talks back and doesn't look the same or have the same expression and fluctuating temperatures. Though, come to think of it, some of my exes were kinda Vulcan. What's the diff? Still, maybe my favorite thing is to warm myself in the winter next to my bf and fall asleep feeling comforted and safe. Instead, it's some silicone off gassing mannequin with no pores. They don't have fragrant, sweet skin, and I am one to choose by a pleasing scent of flesh.

Yeah, maybe they will have overrides for all of that, but it sounds creepy. I want a central nervous system. Will a CPU suffice? Really? Come to think of it, people spoon their smartphones. This might be the ticket, the answer to their down looking, staring at small glowing screens, dreams.
Posted: 9/10/2016 6:47:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-LaAIXgv-8

He says "how weird is that?" How weird is what? Really?
 justdeb111a
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2016 9:33:45 PM
I don't think I've laughed this hard in years---you guys took the topic and ran with it.

The main difference between a robot male and robot female sex partner is the female can have a portable lithium cell powerpack. A male, on the other hand is going to be a challenge--both vibrators and live men tend to run out of juice (don't go there) far too soon.

I'm thinking nuclear....
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/10/2016 9:44:56 PM
^^^^. If it has tires or testicles we women will have problems with it.

Nuclear it is. Mind you, batteries have only let me down once.
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/10/2016 10:50:48 PM
Extension cords are the answer. Fire up the Black and Decker Bob. Who needs batteries ?

LePew and is going to bed now. lol
 Jo van
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/11/2016 6:04:32 AM
Page 3 of 611 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31,)
Goal!
:Banana:

A male, on the other hand is going to be a challenge--both vibrators and live men tend to run out of juice (don't go there) far too soon.

So sexist...

How come it's only the male appendage which is expected to vibrate, - in such a power-draining fashion?
It's not easy, you know.

I once had to resort to performing a selfless act of cumulonimbus on such an equally demanding lady, but, struggling to 'roll my R's', at exactly the right frequency, I had to resort to playing 'Colonel Bogey', on a Kazoo.
And SHE had the temerity to say that I " wasn't taking this relationship seriously".
Seriously?
There's no pleasing some women.

I'm thinking nuclear....

-Or maybe a 'two-stroke'..?

Happy Sunday.
 gtomustang
Msg: 47
Feel afraid. Feel very afraid.
Posted: 9/11/2016 5:03:51 PM
Wow, page 3 of 611? We are flippin' amazing around here. So a robot babe shows up in her Annoying Orange Fiat https://www.youtube.com/user/realannoyingorange

As screen name DontTellMeYourFloppyIs5.25When its3.5, she's hoping to meet the guy who was online, DadWasARoomsizeWang. He's nuclear powered, and the last time a guy told her that he was a microwave and would hum for 10 seconds. She's hoping this guy's virus protector is at least up to date, she doesn't want to risk catching anything from Russia, you know how they can clear out your Paypal account and leave you. Or like the other guy, my goodness, he really did have a thumbdrive...if you know what I mean. And he really wanted to spend all night on her laptop. Creep.

And he better not spend the dinner checking out his wireless, either! A girl has to have requirements for operation, after all. Not that anyone ever reads her Terms of Agreement, *sigh* But, until you meet, nothing's real, everything's just virtual.

when will she find Real Love, one that will last beyond version 1.2? Age is just a number, and fellows keep checking out those slim new phones, damn them. Its just not fair.

(that's my attempt at Geek Tragedy Theatre)
 justdeb111a
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2016 12:34:35 AM

-Or maybe a 'two-stroke'..?

Brilliant!! Yes, a V-twin!! Who better to build the robomale than the company, beloved by so many women, who manufactures big, rumbling road machines? (You do know why we love riding them, don't you?)
"Mom, Dad? I'd like you to meet my new friend, Harley"
Dad roles his eyes--another big pretty boy.
Mom is preplexed they can't stay for dinner. "You said Harley can't eat because of gas?"
"No, Mom, 'gasoline'---it's complicated"

I once had to resort to performing a selfless act of cumulonimbus

You rained on her?? er...no, wait.....never mind.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2016 2:48:44 AM
A couple of notes:

1. For anyone wondering about "cleaning up after," and who enjoys really fine cinema about the great existential questions of life, I recommend Kore-Eda's AIR DOLL. You'll need to be able to read subtitles and watch at the same time, though, as its in Japanese. It stars the amazing Korean actor Doo-na Bae (assorted spellings appear) also seen in LINDA LINDA LINDA and HOST (the Korean one of that name).

At the start of the film, our heroine is living with her owner, a sad and unimaginative dude who bought her to avoid having to deal with real people - and not just for sex; he lives with her and shares meals as one would with a partner. Anyway, the above question is quickly addressed.

2. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge is the site of an unofficial "passenger-sharing" site. There's a corner on the north side where people line up to await rides from SF-bound commuters who don't want to pay the outrageous toll. Since HOVs get a break, there are lots of drivers who pick up passengers to drop off in town, and deliver others back on the way home.

No harm, no foul. :)

3. A big part of the history of the creation of marriage is that there are plenty of people looking for sex but not wanting to raise children. Thus, a contract was created to ensure they did, and a lot of mythology about what True Love should be.

Today, we don't need an endless supply of babies, as they are the principal cause of all environmental problems. Both men and women (with the aid of contraception, abortion and equal employment - not perfect yet, but at least accepted and available) can choose the role they want, and what they may want other people to play in theirs. It's really important that people make a deal that they and any partners are both happy with.

Social scientists are doing a lot of work on the alienation of males and females - most strikingly in Taiwan and Japan, but also elsewhere. In Taiwan, there is so little confidence in the future of the country at the hands of China that the traditional family bonds and multi-generational goals are being replaced with planning to get the heck outta here instead of building families.

In Japan, the pop culture trend is for men and women to not feel they need each other; the women only want cars, money and clothing, and employment to let them get what they want. The men, we are told, only want mechanical sex and video games, ideally without any need to work or clean up.

These generalizations obviously aren't universal truths, but they are widely enough discussed that one has to think seriously about what people who don't have to go beyond their own desires will do with their lives.

In China, the softening of the One Child policy surprised the Party bosses - there don't seem to be a lot of people in the cites who want more than one child; the focus is still on having one MALE child, but not in having any others. Or any females.

In the light of these trends, we do have to ask the Fembots and Magic Wands are saying about our world. Meanwhile, huge numbers of people exercise their self-indulgence by arrogating control of the world with their own self-serving versions of What's Right for the World. Hrumph.

ED BEAR

Remember all those, "Why is Beer/A Motorcycle/A Vibrator better than a Woman/Man" lists? We all need to think about what we want in our lives, and not accept packages others impose.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/12/2016 12:28:16 PM
The real implication I wonder about it is how this will further effect how men perceive and thus treat women. Porn already has shown horrible effects on the success of dating, causing a ton of issues from erectile dysfunction in very young males to an up tick in eroticization of violence and increasingly younger/thinner female ideals. Its to the point where we are now screaming at girls they are bigots if they don't want to get naked with cross dressing men and we are seeing on more mainstream news sources this ludicrous idea that pedophilia is an "orientation". The pornification of our culture which is centralized on objectifying women to passive receptacles for the male orgasm is going to have serious implications eventually.

I don't worry about whether a guy won't want me because he prefers a passive robot, but I do worry that when this is normalized real live women will be seen as some kind of replaceable older model that should be disposable, we already see the beginning of this with the trans humanity movement in which real women are being told their biology isn't want makes them women, but how well they adhere to feminine stereotypes, which is why a former olympian who has impregnated and abandon numerous women can win "woman of the year" for only wearing a skirt for 6 months....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > OK, I'm starting to feel afraid