Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aintnodeal
Msg: 456
view profile
History
And I guess that's why they call it the Birthday BluezPage 19 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)
Wow...I missed well over 100 posts since half of pages 10-18 won't display. Did POF crash from the weight of this topic?

All this PAIN and STRESS over a birthday where a gal called a guy to get him to come & pick her up for a date & he bailed on her instead.....but she still BELIEVES that he is her boyfriend, because they talked a few times.

Well....you have to make a different choice in order to move forward. OP has chosen to "see what happens" day after day after day, and what happens is that day after day after day, some guy weasels out of doing anything FOR her, while admitting all his plans of stuff to do TO her.

OP you really should be calling NETFLIX to get a series, or some other cable channel for a reality show, or maybe the Ellen show.
 tizzabelle
Msg: 457
view profile
History
And I guess that's why they call it the Bluez
Posted: 9/7/2016 11:44:18 PM
lol, I am glad it's not just me! I was thinking this thread is possessed or something, I was getting booted when I tried to read certain pages and, others have only one post. Not to mention how quickly the pages went from 9-18. It's the strangest thing I've seen on any forum.

a lot of peeps hitting "delete post" ?
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 458
And I guess that's why they call it the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/8/2016 2:30:21 PM
I know some of you call the guy a loser. But he is not a loser he knows what he wants and he plays it well. If they was a real loser he will be with her right now spending all of his time. If he does dicide to get back with her then I will go back on what I say and have to agree he is a loser.
 nataly66687
Msg: 459
Posted: 9/8/2016 2:48:46 PM
This guy does like me, he wants to date me, and be with me. Why he doesn't show up during the week or call me or video chat on the phone, he's tired from work, he works from 7AM-6PM Monday through Friday, and Saturday 8AM-12PM, he comes home tired. If you worked these hours or similar, and the person you were dating, asked you to stop by during the week, when you were tired and stressed, would you go or would you say no?
 Chromis1
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2016 2:57:38 PM
I would go.

Sometimes I think of a relationship as a Saturn rocket. Blast off is exhilarating and inexorable. Lack of sleep is irrelevant and gladly sacrificed. Over time the nose head settles into an orbit ... sometimes you see the sun, sometimes the moon, but a successful mission always flies well above the clouds.

Seems to me that an early stage booster failed to ignite.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 461
Posted: 9/8/2016 2:58:55 PM
When I'm really truly interested in someone, I'm there when ever we are both free. Doesn't matter what work hours are, and typically if I'm that into someone I enjoy the down time. Its worth seeing them even if stressed and tired. It distracts from those things. If I'm not really into them, its easy to say "not tonight, its been a long day". I've been known to get up and have coffee with a guy at 6 am on a Saturday because it was when were both free to see each other. I'm not a morning person.
 Maleman999
Msg: 462
Posted: 9/8/2016 3:10:02 PM
Page 19 has 5 posts, and not super long ones like some people write, and it's now up to page 20. And I saw what someone already mentioned-some pages have only one post. Things get curiouser and curiouser.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 463
Posted: 9/8/2016 3:45:58 PM

I know it will work out and if it doesn't it doesn't.

That doesn't make any sense.

If you know it will work out, how can it not work out?

if you come back to the forums once this blows up, you’ll be hearing a lot of “I told you so”s.

I really look forward to those types of posts.
 nataly66687
Msg: 464
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/8/2016 4:40:28 PM
So you really think, just because this guy doesn't show up on a Thursday night after work, it shows he isn't interested in me? Or because he doesn't call me on the phone or video chats, he isn't interested? Him and I talk everyday through messaging one another.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 465
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/8/2016 4:56:09 PM
No, its not because of a Thursday night that he didn't show up. Its because he flaked on your Birthday on a Saturday. Along with a few other things you've said, but I'm not going to go back thru multiple threads and other posts to find and quote.
 Llookingformynextmistake
Msg: 466
Posted: 9/8/2016 5:43:29 PM
msg 474 by the OP
Why he doesn't show up during the week or call me or video chat on the phone, he's tired from work, he works from 7AM-6PM Monday through Friday, and Saturday 8AM-12PM, he comes home tired.

Maybe the whole Saturday 8AM-12PM is the reason why he didn't take you out on your birthday?

I suppose if you want to see him on a weekday your going to have to learn to drive and go see him.

LePew
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2016 7:13:29 PM
I'm wondering why you're making so many excuses for this guy's behaviour, Nataly. Who are you trying to convince, us readers or yourself? I don't think he's really that much into you. Maybe he's seeing other people when he could be seeing you.
 gtomustang
Msg: 468
time on my hands, could be time spent with Blue
Posted: 9/8/2016 7:52:23 PM
yep, pages 15-18 are the worst type of Easter Egg (if you don't know the term, look it up, your old DVD's might have some). Too bad, whatsa raised an interesting question. I guess my answer caused the glitch in the matrix :)

Nat and the fellow are getting what each wants, otherwise, they'd go elsewhere. its the option they have left to them.
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 469
Posted: 9/8/2016 7:54:12 PM
I wouldn't want to date someone who still has a profile on a dating site.
Yes, he may be seeing others as usually a new couple wants to see each other as often as they can.
 nataly66687
Msg: 470
Posted: 9/8/2016 8:52:14 PM
So if you found someone to your liking, and started dating them, you would immediately delete the dating websites, and apps altogether, and then what happens if the dating with this person doesn't go well, you'll have to go and make a new profile, each and every time, so if you dated this person for a week and deleted everything, and it didn't work out, you would have to make a new profile, all over again, isn't that a bit much?
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 471
Posted: 9/8/2016 9:04:08 PM

I wouldn't want to date someone who still has a profile on a dating site.
Yes, he may be seeing others as usually a new couple wants to see each other as often as they can.

They're not a couple. They're just dating (hardly it seems).
I agree with Nataly in the above post. No point in deleting all your dating profiles, apps, etc unless you've actually established exclusivity and decided to be a couple.
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 472
Posted: 9/8/2016 9:04:11 PM
By reading half a dozen pages here, it seems like you think this guy is "it". So why would deleting be an issue. It's a trust thing. I don't want my guy hanging out on a dating site, I know it's a forum but he's young, easily distracted, looks at other girls, then he's gone. Also, young men can be a little on the jealous side and don't want their woman hanging out on a dating site. It only takes a minute to copy and save the body of your profile and a few minutes to create a new one, is he not worth it? It's not like you're busy at work or anything. So no, it's not a bit much, it's being respectful to the new relationship.

And really, the "each and every time " thing, maybe for a Christina Aguilera look alike. But I doubt many of us have this problem.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2016 9:27:01 PM

If you worked these hours or similar, and the person you were dating, asked you to stop by during the week, when you were tired and stressed, would you go or would you say no?

In the first 6 months of a new relationship - most guys would go to your house, slam that booty until midnight, and then go home.
A guy who can't muster enough interest to visit you a full week after your birthday....??? SERIOUSLY ILL.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 474
Posted: 9/8/2016 9:37:21 PM
^ You sound sooo romantic. But I've met smooth talkers before...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez