Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GlassArmonica
Msg: 537
honesty is the best policy. please change profile to "not single/not looking"Page 22 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)

I can offer them love, care, trust, loyalty, faithfulness, I am not a cheater and don't mess around or cheat or anything like that. I can be there for them and help them in however I can.

Why do you not only still have a profile up now,

but even have the nerve to claim you are still 'single??'
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 538
view profile
History
honesty is the best policy. please change profile to not single/not looking
Posted: 9/12/2016 4:03:15 AM

I know how to be a house wife, WITHOUT kids, I don't want any kids in my future. I know how to clean house, I sweep, dust, vacuum, water the yard, pick up after the animals, wash the dishes, wash the clothes, dry the clothes, mop, organize the fridge and cabinets, and I can cook too. I know how to keep a house hold neat and tidy at all times.

Just like the majority of people who also go out and work for a living. What's your point about not wanting to get a job again? Why not get a job as a housemaid, or a carer, or a nanny?
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 539
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 5:58:14 AM
Good to hear you had the 4th date and that it went really well.

Have you and he brought up the thought of you visiting his place? You could show your domestic skills by helping clean his place.

I consider a stay at home non-mom ideal. Barefoot in the kitchen but never pregnant.
 Maleman999
Msg: 540
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 7:51:46 AM

Still, back in the day women were expected to stay home while their husbands worked.

Which begs the question: At what point in time did it stop being the norm and why?
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 541
the over 35 Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 7:57:52 AM
"Soon after my 35th birthday I had to start taking naps and using a cane .

Sorry Ouija, I started to read what you wrote but....fell asleep - part of getting old I guess "

"LOL! "

Thanks for the acknowledgment LadyJane, it's good to know not EVERYONE on this forum has a gigantic stick up their ass !
 Walts
Msg: 542
the over 35 Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 8:03:11 AM

I know how to be a house wife, WITHOUT kids, I don't want any kids in my future. I know how to clean house, I sweep, dust, vacuum, water the yard, pick up after the animals, wash the dishes, wash the clothes, dry the clothes, mop, organize the fridge and cabinets, and I can cook too. I know how to keep a house hold neat and tidy at all times.

Being the oldest of 8 kids, I knew how to do all of that, and more, before I was 12 years old. And yeah, I was supposedly "watching over" some of those kids at the same time. Can't say they came out unscathed though.

I didn't brag about then, and I'm not gonna start now.

If I didn't cook, I would starve.
 blackbirdfly2u
Msg: 543
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 8:12:52 AM
"Which begs the question: At what point in time did it stop being the norm and why?"

Does it matter? I know my mother worked part time and then full time. My grandmother earned extra money in WW2 by giving piano lessons. The majority of the women my mother chummed with all worked.

All those things that Nataly is so proud of doing in her home, every woman on this forum has done those, and more, along with raising children and working full time outside the home.

I wonder if she knows how many women marched, how many feminists/humanists/equal rights people worked hard, some burned their bras and worked tirelessly so that she.....doesn't have to do or be a goddamn thing but be a house pet.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 544
the over 35 Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 8:22:44 AM

As others have said, you offer no more than an ordinary house cat, which can be aquired for free from an animal shelter, and is much cheaper to care for and feed - and will actually go away while a guy has sex with visitors.

Unless it's a Cheshire Cat. Then it will just sit there and grin at you with its big toothy smile, and won't go away.
 2ufo2
Msg: 545
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:22:55 AM

Still, back in the day women were expected to stay home while their husbands worked.

Which begs the question: At what point in time did it stop being the norm and why?

It was the norm because
(1) women also cared for all the children (when the average number of children was greater than 1.whatever)
(2) it was illegal for a woman to work outside the home
(2.1) because it was illegal (and later, simply more difficult), training was also difficult to come by
(2.2) and so were customers because any woman working was obviously a prostitute and her 'job' was only a cover
(3) women working outside the home did one job - so any woman working outside the home was assumed to have loose morals
(3.1) any man with a working wife was obviously not a 'real man', or spent his money on drink and women
(4) women discovered that, as they got older, they were often no longer taken care of and had to fend for themselves (especially if they had no other family) especially as divorce became more common and a man (with his money) had more influence with any court
(5) women discovered that they generally had to rely upon themselves for their old age so had to make difficult decisions (trust a man for the rest of your life? have a child or an abortion if the man you trusted proved untrustworthy?

Social history - context general 19th-20th century USA.

People say that the 'destruction of the family' is all due to feminism as if feminism has no prior cause.
Would things have been better if the Founding Fathers had taken Abigail Adam's advice of

"...and by the way in the new Code of Laws which I suppose it will be necessary for you to make I desire you would Remember the Ladies, and be more generous and favourable to them than your ancestors. Do not put such unlimited power into the hands of the Husbands. Remember all Men would be tyrants if they could. If perticuliar care and attention is not paid to the Laidies we are determined to foment a Rebelion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any Laws in which we have no voice, or Representation.

That your Sex are Naturally Tyrannical is a Truth so thoroughly established as to admit of no dispute, but such of you as wish to be happy willingly give up the harsh title of Master for the more tender and endearing one of Friend. Why then, not put it out of the power of the vicious and the Lawless to use us with cruelty and indignity. Men of Sense in all Ages abhor those customs which treat us only as the vassals of your Sex. Regard us then as Beings placed by providence under your protection and in immitation of the Supreem Being make use of that power only for our happiness." [sic]?

Taking care of a household is an honorable job, as is raising children, and working outside the home. Being a single mom, I've had to do all three - at the same time. Which meant that I did none of them as good as I could have done any one of them.

I think Nataly's brain is so full of her fantasies that she has no room for facts.
Or realistic possibilities.
Or debate.
She thinks that by saying 'Is so!' often enough it will be come real.
There is nothing to be done until life requires she mature.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 546
view profile
History
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:37:51 AM

Thanks for the acknowledgment LadyJane, it's good to know not EVERYONE on this forum has a gigantic stick up their ass !

Though if you had one, you wouldn't need a cane of course... ;o)
 Escape2bfree
Msg: 547
view profile
History
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:47:50 AM
Op I'm glad your date went well. I also prefer texting to phone calls and Skype ect. I just don't like it too often as I find you talk about everything then when you meet you have nothing to say so I tend to keep it to a minimum.

It's a little unclear if you do all the housework chores at home with your parents? There is a big difference between knowing how to do something and actually doing it on a daily basis. However, as it is something that appears to interest you, why not do it as a job. Some of the cleaners where I live who clean popeoples houses earn quite good money when they work independently. Especially in affluent areas. Or, maybe consider cleaning an elderly persons home voluntarily once a week. Some elderly people would really appreciate the help and if they are lonely would love your company. Many would make lovely companions for the days you feel a bit lonely and often have wonderful stories about their own lives.
 cindi_rella
Msg: 548
the Birthday Bluez
Posted: 9/12/2016 9:55:05 AM
There is alot more to being a wife than just cleaning a house. I dont think OP is mature enough to see that.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 549
The senior ( 35 and over ) blues
Posted: 9/12/2016 10:11:18 AM
"Though if you had one, you wouldn't need a cane of course... "

As per post 529, I've been using a walker since the age of 37 - do try to read more carefully , will ya ?

( wink )
 nataly66687
Msg: 550
honesty is the best policy. please change profile to not single/not looking
Posted: 9/12/2016 10:18:38 AM
Him and I are both still on the dating websites, apps, he wants us to become Boyfriend/Girlfriend already, but I don't want to just yet. I want to learn more about him, and just see how much more fun we have together before jumping the gun. I am noticing him and I only have a little bit in common, if not anything at all, we live far a part from one another, and his work schedule makes it difficult for us to hang out anymore than on the weekends only. But him and I do like each other, and enjoy each other's time.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez