Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 926
The Birthday BluezPage 38 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)
^^ the same thing the rest of us are doing...trolling the forums for humor lol :)

at least someone gave up their goat for a good reason. I got my 1969 from a loser who took it out of a rust free junkyard, left behind the engine and trans b/c it would have cost more, drilled holes in the floorboards b/c it was cheaper than buying a proper cover, parked it near the ocean salty breeze while covering it in multiple layers of paint...and I got sick of his horrid repairs. He offered to buy it back, so he could replace the 326 with a 305 from a Monte Carlo just b/c Jay Leno put a 572 into a Buick. Peckerhead, that's soooo apples to oranges...

There was once a car boneyard out here, I swear all the gas guzzlers must have gone in around 1973. Some really nice (well rusted out with broken windows to let the rain take out the interior, but you know what I mean) oddball stuff, and a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr and a 68 RoadRunner and a 69 Camaro and an AMC Javelin I think and all of it got....crushed. If there's a can of RedBull right now by your computer as you read this, it likely came from here.

The nice thing about the VW bus was you could carry enough people to push it up every hill, maaaan. Sometimes, it wasn't just the engine that was leaving the trail of smoke, like, you know man?
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 927
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 7:27:28 PM
Man I'm soo sorry I sold my 71 vw camper. That car got me into lots of places and girls love it. Park it by the ocean and let the good times roll. Sold it about 5 years ago. It doubled in price since. Still have my 81 camper. But its not as much fun to drive as the 71. Do wish I had some of my old cars back. 79 midget or a 74 914 with a 2.oL engine. Or a 66 cad coupe with a 472ci engine. I could out run most Camaro and mustangs out on the streets. As long as you didn't have to turn around lol.

Nataly what are you doing back on here again. Are you off your medication??
Didn't you get it yet that the guy you would want to meet would not want to date you. You got nothing zero zilch to offer anyone. Your only bet is to meet another loser who has nothing what so ever to offer you in return for your nothing for him. Can anyone say it more plain and to the point.
What are you goals? what do you really expect to meet out in real life??
 nataly66687
Msg: 928
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 7:56:57 PM
My goal is to get married and find a man that will accept me for me. Whether I work or don't work, or drive or don't drive. They will be accepting of that. Other women have found men, who were fine with them not working or driving, and doing other things to provide to the relationship, I could cook, clean, etc. There are those types of men out there, and I will find one.
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 929
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:08:35 PM

Didn't you get it yet that the guy you would want to meet would not want to date you. You got nothing zero zilch to offer anyone. Your only bet is to meet another loser who has nothing what so ever to offer you in return for your nothing for him. ..............What are you goals? what do you really expect to meet out in real life??

Allow me to interrupt this very LONG thread. I've read a few bits as a result of the OP's recent threads today and I'm trying hard to glean what I can from this. I mean no offence to anyone as like I said, I'm not in touch with this thread.

LAgoodguy.......Sorry but in my opinion what you said is unhelpful.....apart from asking what her goals are. Slap me across the wrist if you feel so inclined as I AM interrupting here. :)

As an outsider looking in...this is my humble perception:

1/ I get the feeling the OP is an only child and her parents are over protective.
2/ To them it / was reasonable to wrap their child in cotton wool.
3/ All good intentions on their part but detrimental for their child.

4/ Now she's struggling to discard the stifling cotton wool and the apron strings of which she's only known.
5/ Has the OP had a traumatic childhood?
6/ What "power" from her parents still control her?

I'm by no means a therapist....far from it...but I'm just suggesting she needs to be free from her strings; to be her own person. It will take time.

JMO. :)
 Seki1949
Msg: 930
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:25:30 PM

because every time I message a guy that fits what I like, they "view" my profile and never write me back.

Happens all the time to most of us.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 931
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:37:36 PM

but I'm just suggesting she needs to be free from her strings; to be her own person. It will take time.

You are laboring under the delusion that the OP actually intends to make changes.

If anything, the repetitive and cyclical nature of her posts on this site and others, demonstrates she has no intention of making any changes, unless and until the white knight who accepts her for exactly who she is, magically finds her, scoops her onto his steed and furnishes her every need while she cleans the castle and dresses up in costumes to pass the time.

THERE IS NO OTHER PLAN.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 932
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:43:12 PM

I think I am not going to bother with trying to date

My goal is to get married and find a man that will accept me for me.

There are those types of men out there, and I will find one.

How is this going to work, exactly?
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 933
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/15/2016 8:59:02 PM

Other women have found men, who were fine with them not working or driving, and doing other things to provide to the relationship, I could cook, clean, etc. There are those types of men out there, and I will find one.

.....In other words you want to be a door mat. A servant to your man. What a miserable life. He will not respect you and you will be made to be subservient to him for his every want.
You're better than that if you want to be. You're creative and a photographer...etc. Extend your skills and be an individual....not a clone living in misery.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 934
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 4:08:34 AM

Extend your skills and be an individual....not a clone living in misery.

A clone would "follow the script" and drink alcohol, have/drive a car, have debt, have sex, have kids, and probably have a job. Most of her characteristics *are* rare and individualistic in modern Western society. Traditional female roles are not miserable / doormat / subservient; he can easily respect her.

She should indeed extend her skills. Cooking would be good, both for herself when she moves into her own place, and for her man when she and he find each other. Cooking is not difficult. She might initially worry about burning or undercooking, but with practice should get confident.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 935
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 7:04:52 AM
Halo has it right. Nataly resists all attempts to invite her to look at her situation as it is, and would rather retreat into her fantasy world of white knights and chargers. Or should that be black knights? She has no Plan B. During those brief periods when she does recognise that people are backing away, she whines about it here. What happened to the guy who replaced the birthday man? Can we assume that that was also a damp squib?

People who make themselves attractive attract other people. That's all there is to it.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 936
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 10:58:10 AM

^^ the same thing the rest of us are doing...trolling the forums for humor lol :)

GTO - that's probably one of the most truthful & funnier things I have read in this forum. Laughed out loud when I read your post.

And as a fellow New Englander I have to mention that Vermont foliage is soooo much prettier than CT. Is that mean?
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 937
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 11:11:37 AM
^^^
POF is being a little quirky. I can't edit above even within a few minutes of posting. So my edit is:
EDIT: "CT" stands for the state of Conn., not that poster with the same initials. HAHA
 gtomustang
Msg: 938
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 1:25:10 PM
Well, its never mean when its true :) However, you did get it sooner, I went to Pittsfield MA for a car show last weekend and that corner of the world was in full bloom already. And you do get those mountain ranges, making for nice valley views with the foliage. And I think you beat us for number of covered bridges.

but we might eclipse you in amount of cranky people :) lol Should you ever get to the Big E fair sometime, each New England state gets their own building. Where they can offer their unique foods. Which tends to be, maple syrup, cheese, and the coastal states offer seafood. Ah, our uniqueness.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 939
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:03:18 PM
^^^
Ah, Pittsfield, MA. Lovely town! I hope you did not run into ""the ex fiance of my daughter who I hoped would be my son-in-law". He is a Caption on the police force. HAHA

Yes, we do have the higher elevation, and our covered bridges are next to none. And, we have (or had) Bernie...

How do you eclipse VT in the amount of cranky people? Oh, wait, I know! Those darn flatlanders with CT, NY, NJ license plates who populate our rural roads looking at the foliage? We love you guys! Our economy does well with flat lander tourist monies. Drive 15 mph in a 50 mph road. All good for me! Love you guys who help our local economy! I'm thinking of renting my "cute rural home" out to the foliage tourists.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 940
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:31:44 PM
And the "Big E". An awesome community fair. I have a sugar house on my property. How much do you think I could charge to experience the Vermont experience renting a Bed and Breakfast? Really, I have thought about it.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 941
view profile
History
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 4:01:14 PM

Other women have found men, who were fine with them not working or driving, and doing other things to provide to the relationship, I could cook, clean, etc. There are those types of men out there, and I will find one.

.....In other words you want to be a door mat. A servant to your man. What a miserable life. He will not respect you and you will be made to be subservient to him for his every want.

IMO, most of those Stay at Home Women, are Mothers, too.....

Or they know how to Host a High Class C0cktail Party & other things that help their Partner's Career...
They know how to be a good Corporate Wife......
Not a Skill that is being Displayed here.....
 Nancybythebay
Msg: 942
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 6:01:29 PM
@ VikingHoosier.... I relent on my post. I agree not all women who like to wait on their men hand and foot are a door mat. I just wrote out of frustration towards the OP as I believe she does have the skills to extend herself far beyond what she states here. She appears to want to take the easy road......Not drive, not work...just be what she wants to be and her goal is to find someone who will accept her as she is. Who am I to judge? :)

@BBE......I agree with you too. However in the OP's case she indicates she doesn't want children....at least at the moment. If a dutiful Corporate wife role is her dream then so be it but hopefully without dressing up in costumes and listening to heavy metal music while she attends to her Corporate guests. :)
I actually see her finding a man much older than her. That's fine too; as long as she's happy. That's all I can say really.....
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 943
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 7:05:44 PM

I actually see her finding a man much older than her. That's fine too; as long as she's happy. That's all I can say really.....

Unfortunately, I don't see this in her future. Perhaps it's because I'm not clairvoyant enough...
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 944
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 9:33:22 PM
I'm sure even an old man would want to have sex. One of the reasons he would date a younger woman.
No I cant see old men date her let along marry her.

To be a good corporate wife she need to be able to hang around with educated people. Most of whom went to school not hang around conventions dressed like wonder woman in a cheap costume.

Her problem is not that she cant drive or don't have high education or that she didn't hold a good job.
Her problem is that she don't want to do any of it. She has no inclination what so ever to even try for it. All she has going for her is that she wants a good man to take care of her. Oh wait that means nothing what so ever out there what she wants.
No one cares what she wants. I got no idea what she thinks she offers to attract a man, any man??
No education no job or money no life experience, heck she wont even offer sex to attract anyone. Asking for something and then doing nothing to get it. Will only get you nothing.

She is going to be a drain on our tax dollars after her parents die.
I bet that before she get education or a job she will learn how to put out so some men will take care of her.
Some guys would go out of there way to get sex.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 945
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/16/2016 11:39:54 PM
LAgoodguy: If you don't mind my saying so, you don't seem like the typical idea of a "good guy". But maybe LA good guys are sort of a spin off on the usual sort of good guys? They could be a street gang, for all I know.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 946
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/17/2016 7:21:00 AM
It's marked on a curve.
 gtomustang
Msg: 947
The Birthday Bluez
Posted: 10/17/2016 8:26:10 AM
"He is a Caption on the police force."

>>Awesome, I love to change captions here, so we'd do well together :) Try the sugar house, you'll need permits since its food, but still, get together with other people in town offering other things, and you'll have a nice small business for us flatlandahs.

There's nothing wrong with being the "behind every strong man is a stronger woman" hosting the c0cktail party. But usually she's, well...impressive. You hate to introduce your arm candy at a party and she opens her mouth and then people look at her chest and go, "ah...now I see why you're with her". Even Martha Stewart runs a business. That's the problem some women who are waiting for Prince Charming don't get--PC isn't looking for them, he's out on the road conducting business. He's doing actual things, and meeting fair maidens who are also out living life. Prince Charming doesn't stop at McDonald's to see if there's a fair maiden he's somehow missed. Why do actors hook up with each other? Principly b/c they travel in the same circles. We notice the people we meet, we only go outside our social circle when it fails to work for us. If you fit into a social circle of attractive, engerized people...its only going to fail you if none are single or you've burned all your bridges with serial monogamy.

LAGG isn't a street gang, its a country club gang. They steal golf carts and sell fake polo shirts with an crocodile on them instead of an alligator.
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 948
view profile
History
Insert cute Caption here
Posted: 10/17/2016 9:22:35 AM
"He is a Caption on the police force."

Oops, that's a funny misspelling on my part. They only let me out of the basement every few days and I get so excited and don't notice my typos.

Thanks for the tip on the sugar house idea.
 GreatGal1977
Msg: 949
Insert cute Caption here
Posted: 10/17/2016 10:04:17 AM
My cousin is like Natalie in a lot of ways. She is 37 years old now. She has a mild learning disability. She had struggled in school. She had to drop out of college since she was failing every course. She cannot keep any job. As soon as she faces any difficulties, she is out of there. She used to live with her parents who are very much like Natalie's parents. She doesn't drive either. She always wanted to be just a housewife and have kids. She has no other goals and aspirations in life just like Natalie.

But, and there is a big but, she has found herself a husband. As far as I can tell he loves and respects her. He doesn't look down at her just because she doesn't contribute to the household or to him. He is around her age. They have 4 years old twins. As far as I can tell, she is happy cleaning, cooking, looking after hear husband, her kids, etc... He is happy working and supporting her money-wise (again, as far as I can tell). She is happy, he is happy, so shis arrangement works for both of them.

The only difference is that is is very hot and she used to put out a lot. She used to have lots and lots of relationships that were going nowhere due to her being ummm.. just her, but at the end she did find one guy who didn't mind keeping her.

I don't want to encourage Natalie but you never know. Most men might not want just a housewife but it only takes one to say that he does.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 950
view profile
History
Insert cute Caption here
Posted: 10/17/2016 10:48:53 AM

The only difference is that is is very hot

Yep - that will always increase somebody's chances.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The Birthday Bluez