Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you HATE jewlery? / HATE the color pink?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 razors_edge55
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Do you HATE jewlery? / HATE the color pink?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
you talking to me???
Do you HATE jewlery? / HATE the color pink?
Posted: 9/25/2016 4:07:27 PM
You talking to me? I was talking to someone else. Who you talking to?
 gtomustang
Msg: 27
not everyone's peachy-keen
Posted: 9/25/2016 4:21:36 PM
watch out if whatsa's talkin' to ya. She likes to de-manize her man:

"You sound like my ex. Wouldn't wear pink, wouldn't let me put mascara on him. I got him the cutest little lace thong for Valentine's Day - wouldn't even try it on. I know not all men can be like him, but it sure has made me jaded."

And apparently she likes jade jewelry, too. Maybe the green matches her eyes.

:)
 LexiInMDR
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2016 9:37:07 PM
Never did much like jewelry. Never had my ears pierced, especially can't stand to wear anything on my hands.

Pink... hmm. I'll wear it if nothing else is available, but royal blue will always be my fave!!! I hate fire engine red, it looks too hooker-ish.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/1/2016 7:38:17 AM

I hate fire engine red, it looks too hooker-ish.

LOL, ^ ^ ^ ^ Hook-and-ladder truck, a type of fire apparatus.

Also, The hook and lateral or hook and ladder is a trick play in American or Canadian football.

LOVE red, ......................now lemme see, where is the best corner to stand on? Huh? Oh no, I'm waitin' for a bus!
 KuramaFox
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2016 6:36:37 PM
Eh, personally, I don't really like it much. Rings are the only thing I really don't like since I don't like the idea of having things on my hands, but aside from that I just don't think it does much to enhance someone's appearance, and may at times be detrimental (especially non-standard piercings like belly button or nose or stuff like that). It can however risk being gaudy or otherwise off-putting, though people are usually pretty good at avoiding wearing it in that way.

No problems at all with the color pink, however.
Posted: 10/25/2016 10:55:51 AM
I always liked earrings, on a woman. Earrings all by themselves do a lot.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2016 5:19:10 PM
I love some jewlery on women in traditional places but am not a fan of slef mutilation when it comes to new fangled piercings. I detest diamonds in ANY form. If someone tells you their diamonds are "clean" or "conflict free" they're an idiot since ANY diamond propagates the market that STILL propagates slavery, mutilation, murder, and many other heinous enterprises.
Posted: 10/26/2016 10:32:32 AM
Diamonds just aren't all that pretty. Kinda plain. Not totally, of course, depending on what's done with them. But overall they're very over-rated aesthetically. Many people just like them because of what they're worth, that's all. And that shows the real reason why some people value them - what's paid for them is what's important - and/or that most people's sense of style or aesthetics is poor. Diamonds are "pedestrian".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/26/2016 5:56:01 PM
Well, it's not like you can just wear money for jewellery.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:26:11 PM
Sure you can. Krugerrands make lovely pendants
Cabin, you have my CDO overdrive
deciet.
 cooldog65
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 10:27:54 AM
I'll be happy when October is over. Every sport has been infiltrated with pink, even professional wrestling.
 Jo van
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/29/2016 4:37:40 AM
The first full-time job I had, (after I'd been thrown out of school,) was in a posh jeweller's shop, as a "Trainee Jeweller".
Consequently, I know a little bit more about jewellery, than the average bloke.
(note correct spellings. And Fvck-right-off, "Spellchecker"!)
True to form, I trained for three years, and then jacked-it-in, just 3 months before the final exam. So I never got any actual 'qualifications', from the NAG (National Association of Goldsmiths).

But a lot of that information has stayed with me, and I could probably still correctly identify most of the popular 'gemstones'. Despite that, seldom being the topic of conversations, and the suspicions of other males, that such knowledge calls my sexuality into question.

These days, I'm more intrigued by the sociological "meaning" and "status" attached to jewellery, and it's wearing.
People spend millions, because of what they believe it "says about them".
It all started a long time ago, probably with a bone through the nose, or a carnivore-tooth necklace.
Jewellery is simply an evolution of primitive beliefs.
I quite like it.

Similarly, I believe that perhaps some humans, particularly some male humans, might be "hard-wired", by evolution, to associate the colour pink with some sort of subliminal sexual 'association'/attraction.
For obvious (to me, anyway) reasons.
There. I've said it.
Hey...
I've only said what you were all thinking.

Have a nice Saturday.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/29/2016 5:41:46 AM

I'll be happy when October is over................

Cooldog, This past week I took my elderly aunt grocery shopping. She reached for a dozen eggs, opened the lid and as I peered into the carton, I burst out laughing.
"OMG, those silly chickens have been taught to lay eggs with pink ribbons on them. Now, that is what I call a talented chicken!"
 cooldog65
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2016 8:35:27 AM
^^^^She sounds like Betty White on The Golden Girls...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do you HATE jewlery? / HATE the color pink?