Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 26
Dating killer turn offsPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I get the concept of people having issue's. What I don't get is expectation that others should coddle or treat them differently than everyone else, so they don't have to deal with the issue themselves and get the f**k over what ever their problem is. They have a victim card mentality and will quickly turn a relationship into a hostage situation.

I avoided those types like the plague and did everything I could to filter them out yet still managed to have meet a few. Just remember, for every unstable victim mentality you encounter there is a mature well adjusted type to keep everything balanced. You just have to look a little harder to find them.
 IgottaName
Msg: 27
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 1:46:29 AM

women should not date a guy who can't afford a comma............

End of discussion, period.
 Maleman999
Msg: 28
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 2:17:06 AM
Women should not date a guy who can't use a colon.
 Escape2bfree
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 2:21:39 AM
Men who treat me like a fluff head not capable of thought and want to make all the decisions. Men who treat me like there mum and are just looking for someone to feed them and do there washing.
 south_city
Msg: 30
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 6:49:11 AM

I hate that negativity in a profile about no players, no cheaters etc and it's kind of silly to put it in a profile.

Statements like the one in the above quote and I'm not looking for a hookup" don't necessarily prevent players, cheaters etc from contacting that woman. Also a negative profile could be a dealbreaker to some men that are actually looking for a relationship.
 gtomustang
Msg: 31
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 7:30:22 AM
"I hate the negativity about players, cheaters, etc"

>>>its in their profile b/c they've met more than one or two. These guys are generally opportunists in life, they take advantage of what's offered them, and don't worry about the cost of drama (or subconsciously welcome it into their lives). so why does she date these types? B/c she's in the same boat. She treats Joe Average like Joe Dirt b/c he doesn't have much opportunity to offer for her to take advantage of. I've had a few cases of a hot coworker or fellow student complain about getting cheated on, and her friends say something along the lines of, "yeah, she's done a bit of it herself". She can rationalize why its ok, just like the players and cheaters can.

I practically consider complaints about so many bad men experiences, to be a red flag. Not surprisingly, the vibe of "drama Barbie" tend to come off her like perfume, as well.
 Maleman999
Msg: 32
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 8:47:35 AM

^^^its in their profile b/c they've met more than one or two.

Using that logic, if I met someone who turned out to be a murderer or bank robber, should I put in my profile "No murderers or bank robbers. I will not respond if you are"?
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 33
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 9:43:35 AM
Door to door salesman used to seek out homes with "no soliciting" signs as it was a sure way to identify those unable to say no. I see those comments in profiles to be about the same.
 ohenryx
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 10:47:28 AM

InnerGorilla2
When ever I went into a date with a woman that was perfect, I cringed. They gave me nightmares that they would take my wine away, forced me to wake up at 5 am to run and do a swim. They would force me to go to church on the weekends, bible crap during the week, Trump rallies in off days. I would not be allowed to say fvck but only darn. And instead of saying hell, I would have to say heck. I would have to find my inlaws perfect, and either play golf or tennis.

Sex could only happen after getting married, or dated for a year and had met all her friends, mom, cousins, divorced dad, her best friend, ex husband, pastor/preacher/priest. Once it was accepted it would only happen after appropriate showers, dinner that had to be over the 120 dollar mark, but with only one glass of wine each. It would have to be with the lights out, to touching too much and at the proper time have mutually faked orgasms.

Yeah. Give me the screwed up, crazy, **** any time.

I laughed reading the above. But you know, I have met a few women like that. I always suspect, strongly suspect, that if you were to dig deep enough that they have just as many flaws as the rest of us. They're just doing a better job of covering up, of maintaining the "facade".

Then again, maybe not. Maybe they really do live that way. Either way, I'll pass.
 mdgrymodsjtarefgjazzhol22
Msg: 35
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 11:16:10 AM
^^^ Its a funny thing about perfect women, they grow old and not so perfect like every other person out there. But I did date a "perfect woman" all of those years ago . . by perfect I mean.... (1) she was intelligent (2) beautiful (3) sensitive (4) giving and selfless and (5) loved sex . . at least with me. Unfortunately, I was too young and stupid to realize what I had at the time.

I reconnected with her not all that long ago, just as a friendly type thing. . . and she is no longer the person I remember . . not by a longshot. Not only in the looks department, but in every other way too . . . at least from what I could see.

So is life.
 benartflick
Msg: 36
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 11:20:20 AM
"complaints about so many bad men experiences, to be a red flag...the vibe of "drama Barbie" tend to come off her like perfume..."

I always enjoyed the company of 'Drama Lola' from Ct. Most co-workers thought she was crazy. Some of her ****es were funny and all were interesting to me. A few were like a good 'Twilight Zone' episode.

Her pretty face, blonde hair, and hour glass figure might have had a little to do with me wanting to be around her. Once we were alone under the superstructure of a submarine and she said she was horny. Part of my pants resembled a ' very large pup tent' at the time, but I said, "There isn't enough room."

"There's always room when two adults want to have sex," she said with a smile.

Talk about drama. I was speechless. I didn't respond.

I was a happily married man, a respected member of our community, blah, blah .... Perhaps the possibility of getting caught and fired might have had something to do with my failure to take action. The idea of meeting with her in the men's room (just to discuss things) came to mind, briefly.

Over a 25 year time period I spent countless hours listening to 'Drama Lola'. I passed on her 'All Aboard' offers four times. Came close but I probably did the right thing for various reasons. More than likely I wouldn't have turned down the offer Bill Clinton could never refuse. Especially after hearing what kind of a job she called it. The first word she used starting with an 's' and somehow that made it sound even better.

My point of this long winded response: I never minded listening to a woman complain about anything (unless it was about me - I found it annoying when my wife and her mother did it).
 cooldog65
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 9/30/2016 12:40:45 PM
OP...You've been here 8 years and this is your first ever post? What took so long?
 south_city
Msg: 38
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/1/2016 9:48:20 AM

its in their profile b/c they've met more than one or two.

Probably most people had some bad experiences with OLD or dating in general. But negative things ( that are often obvious ) don't have to be included in a profile. That's like a man stating "I'm not interested in women that are golddiggers".
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 39
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/1/2016 11:15:07 AM

Probably most people had some bad experiences with OLD or dating in general. But negative things ( that are often obvious ) don't have to be included in a profile. That's like a man stating "I'm not interested in women that are golddiggers".

Love the captain obvious profiles. I never stated I was looking for an honest faithful trustworthy person to date, it's a given. They are the basic standards and no one that lies cheats and steals is going to care what I put in my profile. If a persons intentions are bad there is nothing anyone can put in a profile that will stop them from being who and what they are.
 SummmerEve
Msg: 40
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/1/2016 6:42:12 PM
do not date those people then. The negative ones are easy to spot - it shows in early emails right away.

After all, you cannot expect for EVERY woman to be cheerful, happy, positive, and content. There are certainly bad apples out there and it is your job to weed them out.
 jharp05
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/2/2016 4:15:22 PM
If woman can sense douchebags, users and whiners, then they would have gotten it right the first time and there wouldn't be any need to seek attention. You can't go around thinking it's only the mans fault, sometimes the blame stems from the person complaining. He was just trying to understand why some women seek to doom a new relationship with past issues. I think you need to grow up and listen for once and not be so quick to judge.
 flamingjune1960
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/2/2016 5:09:46 PM
Oh don't get me started on profiles that say "just ask me". I don't care how good looking you think you are, if you can't manage to write something interesting about yourself, I don't want to know you.
This thread reminds of a song...
A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly
and he's also known as a buster
always talkin about what he wants
but just sits on his broke azz, so...

No, I don't want your number
No, I don't wanna give you mine and
No, I don't wanna meet you nowhere
No, I don't want none of your time

No, I don't want no scrubs
a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
hangin out the passenger side of his best friends ride tryin to holler at me...

Takes me back TLC
 KiaMaia
Msg: 43
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/2/2016 8:57:05 PM

Would be interesting to have a few women on this thread and find out why they write those things lol

I added a note to my profile that I'm not interested in hookups because I was getting too many messages for just that. I guess because I chose to put that I want to have fun. I'm not looking for a husband. Somehow that translates into immediate casual sex for some I do try to reply to anyone that messages me, so added the disclaimer.

(Not that I have anything against immediate casual sex - that's just not what I'm on POF for. lol)
 Kodanshi
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:19:11 AM

I thought this was a listing of our major killer dating turnoffs.

I thought it was going to be about turn-offs when it came to dating serial killers...
 hemingway234
Msg: 45
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 9:54:01 AM
People with bad attitudes is one of the major red flags. Just talk to the ones with good attitudes and ignore the rest. You only need one good one.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 46
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 11:50:34 AM

Would be interesting to have a few women on this thread and find out why they write those things lol

I don't know because I don't have that in my profile. But both genders are guilty of putting "no game players or drama" in their profile. Really, you think that is going to stop a game player from contacting you? And the people with drama typically don't know or openly admit that their life is nothing by drama!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 47
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 1:13:43 PM

You only need one good one.

That's what I keep saying about lottery tickets, too.

After 30 years, I'm still waiting.
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 1:44:31 PM

OP...You've been here 8 years and this is your first ever post? What took so long?

I'd reckon it took 8 years of getting turned down before he got pissed off enough to start ****ing about it.
 AnEvilGenius1
Msg: 49
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 2:02:54 PM

I don't know because I don't have that in my profile. But both genders are guilty of putting "no game players or drama" in their profile. Really, you think that is going to stop a game player from contacting you? And the people with drama typically don't know or openly admit that their life is nothing by drama!

"Gold digger" being the most popular for men. If that doesn't scream dr drama I don't know what would.
That's the one thing I like about drama, they can't hide it so it makes for a quick study
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 50
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/3/2016 7:26:32 PM
I sometimes think that the phenomena which happens with cops, happens with women too.

For instance: A cop spends most of his time dealing with the most morally bankrupt, and violent lower 10% of humanity. After years of being verbally abused, defending themselves, dealing with criminals, sociopaths, brutes, etc. they become very hardended and skeptical of humanity.

Women are hit on most by the men who are aggressive. The sexually exploitative guy playing a numbers game, the**** narcissist who doesn't believe he will be rejected, the entitled, etc. Over a span of a few years this means women get the impression that MOST males are jerks, when in reality its the jerky ones most apt to have the cojoles to stalk, harass, approach nastily, etc. The "nice" guys often don't approach, they watch the jerks who DO get the girl. They get angry over this and instead of become more direct and approach too, they blame women saying they only like ***holes. Then women sit back and notice both the jerks AND the "nice" guys are either using women or talking bad about them. It leaves women with a VERY bad impression of men that seems to be so wide spread. I think this is why I see so many women say stuff like: "if it wasn't for my brother, or my father, I would hate men!" What that really means is: her brother or her father are some of the only men who haven't tried every trick to get into her pants or talk trash about women.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs