Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 76
Dating killer turn offsPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^ What are you talking about? I'm getting tired of people picking on Halforhfnot. He would not poop the bed. He's not an animal. He has a colostomy bag, for crying out loud.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 77
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/7/2016 7:02:01 PM
BUt a more burning Q
Did he pay for the coffee?
I Am still trying to figure out where Goth girl got the poop in the bed
I am blaming Taco Tues
 Seki1949
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/7/2016 9:57:16 PM
Beer! Beer, Proudly Making Babies for 10,000 Years! Accept No Substitutes, Beer!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 79
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/7/2016 10:09:42 PM
Beer and condoms! We got beer and condoms over here! (And little tiny scissors in case you need an emergency vasectomy!)
 Maleman999
Msg: 80
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 4:39:26 AM
^^^Do you plan on filling the condoms with beer, then have beer balloon tossing fights?
 Seki1949
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 11:41:00 AM

little tiny scissors

Lorena Bobbitt lives!
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 82
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 11:45:28 AM
Watch out for her. After she's had enough beer, she'll decide you need an "emergency vasectomy" as she calls it. The trick is to let her do the manscaping in preparation, then distract her. Shiny things, balloons or whistles work.
 smilebrother
Msg: 83
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:08:14 PM
Getting back to the OP's point, here is an actual text I recently received from a woman I was about to meet. I thought she was very attractive and we had a lot in common, and nothing in our previous exchanges prepared me for this:

"...I do look forward to seeing you this upcoming Wednesday. Although I will totally understand if you change your mind and I don't hear from you. It seems to be the normal course of things. All of you fellas have a veritable plethora of women to choose from and you assume there will always be a "broad" much MUCH MUCH better around the corner with all of the avenues to choose from (POF, E-Harmony, Match, Biker or not, Craigslist...). With all of those options someone real like me has NO chance at all. I figure it's the fellas' loss to ignore me. I don't need any man. I just want a good man... Gonna delete my account. I cannot compete with slvts, cougars, and supermodels (and I do not want to...) Sorry to vent. Just over the whole process. Keeping my plan to remain alone 'til death. Sweet dreams (hugs)"

Yes, I still went to meet her but, as you can imagine, there was no spark!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 84
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:18:07 PM

"...I do look forward to seeing you this upcoming Wednesday. Although I will totally understand if you change your mind and I don't hear from you. It seems to be the normal course of things. All of you fellas have a veritable plethora of women to choose from and you assume there will always be a "broad" much MUCH MUCH better around the corner with all of the avenues to choose from (POF, E-Harmony, Match, Biker or not, Craigslist...). With all of those options someone real like me has NO chance at all. I figure it's the fellas' loss to ignore me. I don't need any man. I just want a good man... Gonna delete my account. I cannot compete with slvts, cougars, and supermodels (and I do not want to...) Sorry to vent. Just over the whole process. Keeping my plan to remain alone 'til death. Sweet dreams (hugs)"

Ya gotta love a positive attitude like this.
 smilebrother
Msg: 85
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:19:42 PM
And after that rant, closing with "sweet dreams (hugs)" just seemed so bizarre...
 IReallyShouldnt
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:25:21 PM
^^^
Can "we" go back to the conversation regarding beer, condoms, and razors?
And shiny things? I do like the shiny things. And popcorn.
 prime ribb
Msg: 87
Dating killer jerk offs
Posted: 11/1/2016 1:57:09 AM
A major turn off for me is definitely a woman who hasn't gotten over the last man (or men) she been with and yet is trying to date. I went on a date with a woman from another dating website who wasn't clearly over her ex-husband. Yeah, I get he hurt you or bruised your psyche in some way, but please don't bring that to the new guy who has nothing to do with it.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/1/2016 6:14:26 AM
tricking a woman into having intercourse, sounds more like co-ercion or even rape. A woman knows what she is doing even if she is half pissed and in the morning when she is regretful, she will blame it on the booze.
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 89
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/1/2016 8:04:54 AM

Gonna delete my account. I cannot compete with slvts, cougars, and supermodels (and I do not want to...) Sorry to vent. Just over the whole process. Keeping my plan to remain alone 'til death. Sweet dreams (hugs)"

Women with a chip are just like men with a chip. Even if they are not, eventually they will apply everything they think about men to you.
 gtomustang
Msg: 90
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/1/2016 9:00:06 AM
people with a chip, ironically tend to find a "Dip" to date. Which reinforces their idea that the other gender sucks.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 91
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/1/2016 10:16:55 AM

Lorena Bobbitt lives!

I had a guy on ok cupid message me a couple months ago. user name was johnbobbit followed by a series of numbers. In his profile it said something about asking him about his user names. Our conversation went like this

him: hello, my name is john
me: hi john, ok, i'll bite, whats the story with the user name?
him: nice to meet you. my first name is john and the same thing that happened to him happened to me. years ago though
me: oh my! you must have made someone really angry
him: yes, it was in my more foolish days. my ex found out I cheated on her.

Yeah, talk about red flags and turn offs! I really have no interest it taking a penisless cheater. Just not on my bucket list for some odd reason. Needless to say that was the end of our conversation!
 aintnodeal
Msg: 92
view profile
History
"emergency"
Posted: 11/1/2016 5:16:35 PM
I had a surgeon for a girlfriend for a few months.
One evening she kept harping about me getting a vasectomy.
I stopped sleeping over.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 93
emergency
Posted: 11/1/2016 5:30:57 PM
^ Well, if you ever need somewhere to crash...
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 94
emergency
Posted: 11/1/2016 6:29:08 PM
Why is it that when I read Plutolover's post I thought of you darling?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 95
emergency
Posted: 11/1/2016 6:39:08 PM
^ Because you're always thinking of me, Snookums.
 Lordbenji
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/2/2016 8:26:47 PM
Well Slow and steady wins the race,
That one big reason I'm not fond of females that
Have had 3 & 5 boyfriend (No thanks) for me.
And another reason I don't do short term dating (Fools gold)
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 97
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/3/2016 8:12:22 AM

Well Slow and steady wins the race,
That one big reason I'm not fond of females that
Have had 3 & 5 boyfriend (No thanks) for me.
And another reason I don't do short term dating (Fools gold)

Sorry, not following this at all. For someone majoring in communications, you are not the best at getting a point a cross.
What if a woman has had 4 boyfriends? is that ok? is it only 3 and 5 that are an issue? And what difference does it make? We all take something away from the relationships we have. I'm 48, it makes sense that I'd have a few more relationships under my belt than someone 1/2 my age. What the hell is short term dating? All relationships start somewhere. You can't just jump in to a long term relationship with some. There is dating and courtship involved, and it might or might not turn into something long term.
 PrettyBr0wnEyed1
Msg: 98
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:58:36 AM
I myselfs find it extremely appealing when yours guys send me messages telling me all the things yous want to do to me. I'm not sure what my complainers are just yet, but give me time and I'll bring myselfs back to list them.
 prime ribb
Msg: 99
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/3/2016 7:55:23 PM

I myselfs find it extremely appealing when yours guys send me messages telling me all the things yous want to do to me. I'm not sure what my complainers are just yet, but give me time and I'll bring myselfs back to list them.

Talk about jumping the gun. You only say stuff like that once you get in the door and there's a level of comfort established. Rookies!
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 100
Dating killer turn offs
Posted: 11/3/2016 8:36:08 PM

I learned early on that when a woman played the gave above. She was teasing you. She was paying with you online. Nothing more. And nothing more would ever happen. If for some reason it evolved. And for some god forsaken reason she was drunk enough to say yes to the actual date, it turned out she was uglier than a post Halloween Trump mask in a liberal neighborhood. So I learned early not to go there. Also I take the lines of a good friend of mine that used to pick up women at bars with regularity. If you kiss and mess up at the bar, it ain't happening. The ones that want to really do it, are discreet at the bar, they want to be taken home to sing the hell Mary in the privacy of your own chandeliers.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating killer turn offs