Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Eve of Destruction      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 25
The Eve of Destruction Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hospital.
Meh.
There is a general principle:
At war, people die.

Prevent it, get out if it or isolate.
 JustDukky
Msg: 26
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/7/2016 1:11:01 PM
What hospital? That's just Goebbelsian BS put out by western propaganda organs that you call “the media.” The russian & syrians are too busy killing real terrorists to bother knocking off civilians, like the americans do. Russia is now exercising its responsibility to protect (RPT) the rest of the world from the US.

http://theduran.com/us-backs-down-over-syria-following-russian-threat-shoot-down-american-aircraft/

After decades of putting up with american BS, Russia has had enough and is pushing back.

https://www.neweurope.eu/article/russia-issues-direct-threat-us-fighter-jets-syria-plans-open-bases-cuba-vietnam/

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/10/05/washington-leads-the-world-to-war-paul-craig-roberts/

BTW, there is some positive news about syria today. It seems those evil russians have conspired with the UN to try to arrange a way for the terrorists to leave Aleppo by giving them another place to fight their jihad. If it works (no thanks to the US), it'll bring some peace to the people of aleppo.

https://www.rt.com/news/361911-russia-nusra-aleppo-arms/
 razors_edge55
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/7/2016 2:32:02 PM
Goebbelsian ??? is that a word?
 gtomustang
Msg: 28
The Adam and Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/7/2016 2:56:57 PM
Indeed, those war refugees should get out of the target area. There should be a country where they can gooooo...oh, yeah. that. At least with cyberhacking warfare, there may be fewer fatalities, depending upon what they shut down. And apparently it really is the Russians doing it, I remember a forum member was confused over the source.

Russia is pushing back against our foreign policy? what could you possibly be talking about? How could the Russians not love us taking former client states into NATO, et cetera.
 JustDukky
Msg: 29
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/7/2016 10:36:29 PM
We have now entered the most dangerous phase of the syrian war. If those loony neocons in Washington can't be reined in by the people of the USA pronto, We can all kiss our collective arse goodbye.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/07/pentagon-begins-low-intensity-stealth-war-in-syria/

There was also a report that the americans have been painting their planes in Russian colours (to frame russia for american atrocities in syria).

http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-us-government-is-working-on-an-end-game-plan-behind-closed-doors/

Once the Russians have shot down a few “unidentified” planes, we can next expect that a “coalition ship” in the Mediterranean will be sunk by a false flag attack to be blamed on the Russians. NATO will invoke article 5 and Russia will have no choice but to launch a lightning nuclear first strike on ALL the NATO countries, most especially the US.

I think we can all guess which middle eastern “ally” of the west has been quietly orchestrating armageddon from the shadows, so it can pick up the pieces of what's left of the world and dominate it. Let's take them out too. It's the least we can do for the billions of innocents who will die horribly. These subhuman monsters don't deserve even the tiniest remnant of what was once a beautiful planet. Let's leave it to the****oaches; maybe they'll do better than we did.

On the other hand, the best laid plans aft gang aglay, and maybe there IS a just God who won't let this happen, to spite our attempt at collective global suicide. We'll keep a good thought anyway.
 _babblefish
Msg: 30
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/8/2016 8:13:16 AM
@ msg #1. . . "how to cap off a year

americans: at least 2016 couldn't get any weirder

god: send in the clowns"
 2ufo2
Msg: 31
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/8/2016 12:31:38 PM
Psst, babblefish....
They're already here.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 32
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 11:35:12 AM
God that's so sondheim,,,I love it
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 33
The Anarchy of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 1:01:25 PM

What hospital? That's just Goebbelsian BS put out by western propaganda organs that you call “the media.” The russian & syrians are too busy killing real terrorists to bother knocking off civilians, like the americans do. Russia is now exercising its responsibility to protect (RPT) the rest of the world from the US.

Al Jazeera is western propaganda media conspiracy??? Who knew???

At least six people were killed in air strikes on two hospitals in rebel-controlled Aleppo as a Syrian government onslaught continued and the civilian death toll climbed.

"The attack happened at 4am local time [0100 GMT]. One warplane targeted both [hospitals] directly," Adham Sahloul of the Syrian American Medical Society, which supports the hospitals, said on Wednesday.

"There are only six hospitals currently operational now that the M2 and M10 have been temporarily taken out of service," he said.

Both hospitals had been targeted in previous aerial attacks, according to Sahloul, who described the bombings as "deliberate"....

It was unclear if the air strikes were executed by Syrian forces or their Russian ally, both of which are carrying out the biggest assault yet in a new campaign aimed at wiping out rebel forces and retaking a city that's key to ending the five-year war.

Syrian forces were accused of using barrel and bunker-buster bombs with more than two dozen strikes since Tuesday night.

Al Jazeera's diplomatic editor, James Bays, asked Syria's UN Ambassador Bashar Jaafari if his country had bombed the two hospitals. Jaafari walked away laughing without an answer.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/air-strikes-put-aleppo-hospitals-service-160928102656036.html

Hospital.
Meh.
There is a general principle:
At war, people die.

Prevent it, get out if it or isolate.

And then there's the...I dunno know what...saying bombing a hospital is just part of war??? followed by serious word salad...
 JustDukky
Msg: 34
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 2:22:28 PM

Al Jazeera is western propaganda media conspiracy??? Who knew???

Just about anybody that looks into it knows. Al Jazeera is owned by Qatar and Qatar is allied with the US & Saudi Arabia. They all hate Syria & Bashar Assad because he didn't agree to a pipeline they wanted to run from Qatar, thru Syria to Turkey. That fact alone explains the entire Syrian “civil war.”

And then there's the...I dunno know what...saying bombing a hospital is just part of war??? followed by serious word salad...

You can't believe anything you hear from anyone with an agenda. WWII started because Nazi Germany staged a false flag attack by Poland on ethnic germans living in what was once german territory. This justified the invasion of Poland. Israel tried to frame Egypt for their false flag attack on the USS Liberty. (That nearly started a major nuclear war between Egypt, The USSR & the US, which would have been much to Israel's delight at the time.) Of course we are today looking at almost the same scenario. I expect that if repainting US F-18s in Russian colours to bomb Syrian infrastructure doesn't “work”, we will soon see Israel frame Russia for the sinking of a NATO country's ship in the Mediterranean. Thus Article 5 will be invoked, WWIII starts, and it's game over for everybody.
 2ufo2
Msg: 35
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 3:18:39 PM

You can't believe anything you hear from anyone with an agenda.

What's your agenda?

ETA: Ah, I see!

Global revolt (per Trump for President thread #5899)
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 36
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 3:46:28 PM
I love how these conspiracy theorists think that they're sceptics. In fact, they'll believe any bullshit as long as it makes them feel "special" and unique.
 JustDukky
Msg: 37
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 10/9/2016 4:01:01 PM

What's your agenda?

ETA: Ah, I see!

Global revolt (per Trump for President thread #5899)

Yup! That's my agenda.

I love how these conspiracy theorists think that they're sceptics. In fact, they'll believe any bullshit as long as it makes them feel "special" and unique.

I once said ( as good advice for everyone) “Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see with your own eyes. What remains may not be true, but at least you can be sure you've eliminated most of the lies.”
 JustinElle
Msg: 38
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/3/2016 5:49:28 PM
It is interesting to note how many people actually believe the crap from the mainstream media and its so called alternatives like as stated "Al Jazeera. This is the station where all the investigative journalists left because there was a new directive imposed. As it "is owned by Qatar and Qatar a vassal state beholden to the US, so a puppet news station pretending to offer an alternative but not on important issues at all.
When trying to inform the brainwashed / conditioned zealots with facts is difficult as it contradicts their set OPINIONS. As Orwell stated..“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”
The films of the so called Aleppo atrocities caused by Russia, are filmed by the terrorists themselves and sold a news to western medias. They are edited and staged fabrications. The so called White Helmets are affiliated to Al-Nusra, a which is funded by the USA and its vassals. So what is new about the US method of regime change ? ‘It appears the White Helmets are a Coalition fabrication according to Vanessa Beeley: A New Breed of Mercenaries and Propagandists, Disguised as ‘Humanitarians’ .
http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/09/01/white-helmets-new-breed-of-mercenaries-and-propagandists-disguised-as-humanitarians-in-syria/

Eva Bartlett is more up front stating "The Media is Lying to You" http://www.theeventchronicle.com/media/interview/journalist-eva-bartlett-im-back-from-syria-the-media-is-lying-to-you/

Both are western journalists Canadian and British who actually go and investigate as opposed to parroting government speak

Well the same destabilising tricks were used in Venezuela, Ukraine, never mind Libya and Afghanistan. Russia is threat is it, well it spends less on its military that the UK and this year has cut spending by 30%, as the USA heads for the trillion mark. Then the is Hillery's pivot to "contain" China, and as for the agreement with Iran it was not worth the paper the US agreed to sign.

It seem the ordinary people of the USA appear to be unaware of exactly what their corporate sponsored puppet government is actually up to. The contempt the government has towards its population is so overt it boasts "is the best democracy money can buy". Just look at how rich the representatives become, pretending to care for the nation, the people, while lining their own bank accounts.

In Afghanistan the US got the opium/heroin trade up an running as the Taliban almost eradicated it. In Syria they just want to do what they did to the USSR bankrupt Russia through the never ending war game. They want regime change in Russia, but unlike the other nations where the leaders are conveniently murdered, Russia can defend itself, the consequences are something the bullies in Washington and Langley seem to overlook, as their share of military spending profits blind them.
 JustinElle
Msg: 39
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/3/2016 6:16:24 PM
For total global domination there is really only North Korea, China, Russia, Iran, and Syria to go the rest of the nations are in the bag. Pretty good going if you ask me. As for international law that is for other nations to comply with, not the US or its puppets. Saudi Arabia are doing pretty much what Israel does to Gaza, shooting snakes in a barrel and both do it with impunity and with the blessing of the US ruling class.

But one question no one dares to ask...If Trump became president how long before powerful interests decided it was time for a termination, as this what the policy towards any rogue leader throughout the US dominated world finds they become. Recent history is litters with the US inspired assassinations throughout the "Civilised Developed World" These people do not believe in conspiracy theories sod that for a game of soldiers, they conspire, decide and execute.
 deetristate
Msg: 40
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/3/2016 7:41:52 PM
Someone else here predicted that Trump won't win because the powers that be have a hold on Hillary and that even if Trump does win, they will kill him before the first year is out.
( Now is when they start using the tired old lines about "conspiracy theory" and "tin foil hats."

Part of it is they just can't face reality, for some reason. At least 40% of the voters do, and that is a good sign. I hope.

And you are right. If I were a foreign leader I wouldn't trust the USA as far as I can throw my house. Qaddafi, Mubarak, any number of South American leaders, now Assad. The USA will turn on you faster than you can blink. Russia is now depicted as enemy number one because it is easy and a large segment of Americans on both sides of the aisle will fall for that one. What is most hilarious is that they really believe that Trump would start a war before Hillary.

What I don't get is what they get out of a culture change with unfettered influx of the poor and people of a different culture en masse, not ins stages) and capitulation to those cultures so that

we are no longer a melting pot

but a planning stage for balkanization.

What benefit is there? To whom?

I realize that many of those loudest (and foulest) have no kids or or very old and have no real concern about the future but there has to be some benefit that is not apparent in these leftists positions that seem more and more extreme right as time goes on.
 LGL1975
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/3/2016 8:08:05 PM
Trump will win. Democrats will be relieved at not having to spend the next 8 years making excuses for a war criminal who deletes her emails.
 daynadaze
Msg: 42
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/3/2016 9:45:07 PM
And instead you will be making excuses.
 Maleman999
Msg: 43
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:15:40 AM
"Democrats will be relieved at not having to spend the next 8 years making excuses for a war criminal who deletes her emails."

And yet, it's Trump who said he sees no problem with using nuclear weapons, and potentially wiping out entire nations. But he would probably wait until every Muslim in the U.S. is deported back to their homeland or the homeland of their ancestors first, before wiping them off the face of the earth. So who is the war criminal, or potential war criminal? I don't see Trump as the "Make love, not war" type. As far as deleting emails. Trump has no problem with him or his staff deleting or destroying documents when they are requested by the courts or FBI into his shady dealings.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 44
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/7/2016 4:17:52 AM
As I read it, the Russians were bombing lots of things, but the hospital attacks were carried out by Syrian government (Assad) forces, not Russian ones.

The Russians have stepped in to crush hard military targets, but the Assad forces have been doing the most publicly abusive things. Putin knows who to leave standing looking criminal, and Assad doesn't care what anyone thinks of him at this point.

In general Al-Jazeera is considered the most independent and fair news source in the Arab world. I know that might be criticized as faint praise, but journalists all over are impressed by what the Emir of Qatar has done: he created a news organization, got the best journalists he could find, and told them they could do and say whatever they wanted as long as they didn't criticize him or Qatar.

Most people in Arab countries were used to government-controlled media they had no trust in. AJ isn't perfect, but it's been a first light for people seriously under-served in accessing information.

My favourite Russian joke, from a book of Soviet-era political cartoons, showed a pair of armed soldiers standing in the snow beside a stopped car with the driver's face visible in his open window; one solider was holding a little book in his hands and speaking the caption: "Why are your papers in order?"

In Russian, "Pravda" means "Truth"; "Izvestia" means "News." In the Soviet era, a truism used as often as we use "It ain't the heat, it's the humidity!" played off the fact that the Communist Party newspaper, full of ideology, was called PRAVDA, and the leading government-controlled newspaper was called IZVESTIA:

"There's no pravda in IZVESTIA, and no izvestia in PRAVDA!"

ED BEAR
 gtomustang
Msg: 45
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/7/2016 4:47:34 AM
"Trump will win. Democrats will be relieved at not having to spend the next 8 years making excuses for a war criminal who deletes her emails"

>>>looks like Chump doesn't have to win, for Democrats to not have to spend 8 years making excuses about HC's emails. Turns out Mr. Yikes was wrong as usual. But he'll still bring them up anyway, he likes looking foolish I guess from the number of times he does it :) Meanwhile Chump supporters in Nevada are beating on Republicans they think are carrying guns to Chump speeches. I guess even they fear conservatives with guns. The inmates are trying to run the asylums.

Balkanization is an interesting charge, its taking a region and breaking it into smaller groups. Does Chump do that by pointing out races for scapegoating? Building walls? Deporting nationalities? Maybe he'll be the Milosevic who whips up a racist war against Muslims and other groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkanization
 JustinElle
Msg: 46
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/9/2016 5:44:02 PM
Al-Jazeera ????????????????????

Qatar created a news organization, got the best journalists he could find, and told them they could do and say whatever they wanted as long as they didn't criticize him or Qatar?????????????????????

Are you out of your mind?????????????

So let us have a peek into what Qatar is all about.

Its a vassal of the USA, did you know that? And as a vassal it is funding ISIS and Hillery Clinton just like Saudi Arabia except the Saudis have given the Clinton Foundation $12million plus funded her election disaster. So a state that is involved in backing a mercenary proxy army for the USA to overthrow the leader of a sovereign state breaking international law is a place of free speech and objective reporting? It does not have an agenda and spreads the official TRUTHS from it Ministry of Truth of course to the world??? Qatar is a driving force: pouring in tens of millions of dollars to arm the rebels, who we call terrorists like Al Nusra...heard of them?

So what of this paragon of freedom and human rights........have you read what these people actually do? Heard of Amnesty International? Qatar has emerged as a driving force: pouring in tens of millions of dollars to arm the rebels.
Al-Jazeera is not the place to go for utterly objective reporting on Qatar. In other countries, Al-Jazeera reporters or editors may shy away from particular stories because failing to do so will get them banned from the country. Al-Jazeera is very pro-Wahabi as well as being pro-political Islam (Including the Muslim Brotherhood), and having a strong anti-Iranian and anti-Shia bias. The network downplays atrocities committed by the extremist groups, and instead highlights actions taken by the Western governments. It also never broadcasts anything even remotely critical of Qatar's ruling family, including human right violations or the abuse of immigrant workers in Qatar. Al Jazeera can be recognized as an apparatus of the Qatari elites to exert influence over the region via propagation of political Islam combined with Salafism, hence being accused of supporting terrorism. In 2010, United States Department of State internal communications, released by WikiLeaks as part of the 2010 diplomatic cables leak, claim that the Qatar government manipulates Al Jazeera coverage to suit political interests.

So its good to know Al Jezera is not recognised by many as heavily biased in its reporting...which helps explain why the US population allow its politicians to do whatever they like throughout the world trashing International law, and promoting subservient states to do some of its dirty work otherwise we all know what happens to those that question US foreign policy. One assumes being fed with excrement becomes a tasty dish after some time and in fact some then even promote the practice.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 47
view profile
History
The Eve of Destruction
Posted: 11/10/2016 9:50:09 AM
Qatar is everything you say, but Al-Jazeera is, for all its faults, the closest thing the Arab world has had to a free news service. And, as I acknowledged, the Emir's instructions allowed freedom to report on everything except him and his own country.

What you say does not contradict what I said.
ED BEAR
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Eve of Destruction