Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will Trump be the biggest loser? What's next?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Walts
Msg: 197
what's next is he backtracks on his promises. More of i never said thatPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

in the last eight years, Democrats have lost 10.2 percent of their Senate seats, 19.3 percent of their House seats, 20.3 percent of their legislatures, and 35.7 percent of their governorships.

As you point this out, why not take a deep breath and wonder why people are so pissed off today, pointing fingers at the Dem side, while you brag about how many Republicans have been in Washington for the last 8 years. It does nothing for the words that you keep on typing.
 gtomustang
Msg: 198
what's next is he backtracks on his promises. More of i never said that
Posted: 11/12/2016 2:37:42 PM
So, Republicans have been in Washington for the last 8 years, denying Obama everything they can (According to Mitch), blocking a SCJ pick they said they'd approve, barely passing budgets....and the same Republicans complain about how their government works and want Chump to get rid of the corruption found in a government Republicans have been running? Maybe they should fix government by cleaning out the party that they've kept voting in to do all these horrible things they complain about themselves doing.

Sounds confusing and round-robin, but hey, there's right wing logic for ya. No wonder the National Review and Paul Ryan had so many negative things to say about Chump. I will admit, Chump sounds calmer lately. Maybe its b/c he won the prize, or maybe he's finally realizing he has to perform his miracles now not just talk about it, or maybe the enormousness of it all is finally sinking in...and he doesn't have an entire party to back him up like Establishment politicians do.

Be nice to the "little people" on your way up, b/c when you fall from grace you'll be seeing the people you stepped on, one more time. And boy, will they be glad to help you in your journey.
 deetristate
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/12/2016 5:06:24 PM
Again, that was the whole point.

Part of the reason Trump was elected was because the Republican powers that be didn't want it.

Clinton had to reverse his campaign talk on NAFTA once was he was in office,

People will wait to see what actually happens with Trump before getting all hysterical like you people.

""""""Be nice to the "little people" on your way up, b/c when you fall from grace you'll be seeing the people you stepped on, one more time. And boy, will they be glad to help you in your journey.""""""

Especially if they do everything they can to make you fall. With Glee.
 Deplorable1
Msg: 200
Will Trump be the biggest loser? What's next?
Posted: 11/13/2016 10:49:02 PM
Trump ran against the democrat machine, the media, the republicans, Fox News, Hollywood, early morning talk shows, late night so called comedy shows, Saturday Night Live and came out victorious in a yuuuuuuuuugggggeeee way.

I've ALWAYS been for the underdog.

Quit your whining juveniles, grow a pair, man up, deal with it, move forward.....live.
Got nothing more to tell.
 Maleman999
Msg: 201
Posted: 11/14/2016 5:04:55 AM
"I've ALWAYS been for the underdog."

Gee, that's a good reason to pick someone who will be the leader of the nation-treat it like picking an underdog in a sporting event. When United States goes to war against a country that can't match the military might of the U.S., do you cheer for the country that's being bombed out, since they are the underdog?
 gtomustang
Msg: 202
Posted: 11/14/2016 9:16:26 AM
Oh, I can understand some Trumpets are anti-GOP. Not just b/c they are finally saying the same things about the GOP the Democrats have been saying for decades (welcome aboard, better late than never). The GOP has an identity crisis to solve, and they're still going to have to debate whether the government can legislate morality (abortion, same sex marriage, etc) or it should take a Libertarian bent and stay out of legalized drugs, woman's rights, etc. Over the next four years, they're going to be airing dirty laundry as Pence pushes his agenda as VP. We'll see how the GOP big tent handles it all. Maybe they'll cut a lot of deals in an attempt to make everyone happy.

"I've ALWAYS been for the underdog."

>>>only in America is a man claiming to be a billionaire, considered an underdog. :)

the more Establishment picks for cabinet he makes, however, the less underdog he is.
 Walts
Msg: 203
Posted: 11/14/2016 9:19:53 AM

The GOP has an identity crisis to solve

So do the Dems.

So do the people.

And then, the system will come close to working again.
 deetristate
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/14/2016 9:20:13 AM
The government legislated immorality under the guise of " freedom" and fines and putting people out of business.

Why not?

---------
Is"underdog" about money?
---++---
And if he had filled it with people who knew nothing about government, you would complain about that.

---------
He needs to pull Rice out of retirement next.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2016 12:21:25 PM

So, Republicans have been in Washington for the last 8 years, denying Obama everything they can

I guess you've forgotten about the first 2 years when the Democrats held the House and Senate..
You know, when 3 days in office, President Obama & the Democrats told the Republicans, "We Won".

Maybe if President Obama & the Democrats hadn't told the Republicans to Bugger Off, maybe they could have got some of them to help.

I sincerely hope President-Elect Trump doesn't make the same mistake..
It appears He is willing to work with the Democrats, too.
 coldweatherdestroysbrain
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/14/2016 2:14:50 PM
The system didn't work Waits??
Really?? In what way is it not working, you bitter old man??

I liked how a couple days after the election Trudeau and the Mexican president both said they'd be open to renegotiating NAFTA. Trudeau made some additional remark about making it better for Canadians.
It sounds like Canadians come first in Canada.
 Walts
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/14/2016 3:07:57 PM

The system didn't work Waits??
Really?? In what way is it not working, you bitter old man??

Well, if your system was working, wouldn't America be great?????

There will be more than one leader in this world appeasing/humouring the President-elect for awhile until he can show a few people he isn't ready to go off like a horny young teenager. It is about giving him time isn't it?

Oh, do you happen to need a toque and mittens????
 Ed Bear
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:07:21 AM
BBEisback: Gee, Obama told the Republicans, "We Won."

Was that before or after the Republicans declared their first priority was to make sure the Obama presidency was "a failure"?
ED BEAR
 gtomustang
Msg: 209
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:27:31 AM
oh good, the children have left the adult's table. Now the intellectuals can talk uninterrupted.

Just crossed an old right-wing article predicting the failure of Chump. Its interesting to see how Republicans dismissed his chances back then and why, compared to who won the popular vote. What were these insiders viewing?

http://thefederalist.com/2015/08/26/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters/
 2ufo2
Msg: 210
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:55:28 AM
^^^
Their mirrors most likely.
People in power tend to think they're 'right' and all reasonable people must think like them.

As for spewers... they seem to be the conservative Republicans. I do hope they leave; I'm tired of 'Hillary's emails - YIKES' and 'it's only because you're racists - see Jerome's law'.
 gtomustang
Msg: 211
Posted: 11/28/2016 3:50:28 PM
Well, they'll be back soon when they understand Chump's pick for Sec of Ed, from the family that brought you the original pyramid scheme:

http://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/16/11/trump%E2%80%99s-secretary-education-and-what%E2%80%99s-next

For a businessman who only wanted to put the smart people in charge, Chump sure picks people with little experience for the job. But then I predicted he wants to be the smartest white man in the room and will do what he can to ensure that.

"She brings no experience in the mainstream of U.S. public education and no large-scale management experience. Secretary designee DeVos will lead a department her boss threatened to eliminate or severely cut back. Congress, through the recently passed Every Child Succeeds Act, has made it clear that future Departments of Education must play a less muscular, less activist role in education ceding power to the states and localities. Small government Republicans don’t want the feds telling states what to do on a whole range of matters, choice included. "

She believed in Common Core, and vouchers. The Libertarians may get up in arms if she decides to not let the local governments handle education. Meanwhile, vouchers don't cover the full cost of private schools, so only the wealthy who can cover the gap, get to use them to send their kids to schools. You know, those elites the working class Trumpet claims to hate, their kids will get the better education, and the working class will be stuck with public schools that have fewer students and may very well not get as much $$ for education. Good luck doing well in the modern workplace!

At least Pence stands a chance to be happy, her husband likes "intelligent design":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dick-devos-intelligent-design_us_583b693fe4b000af95ee9046

Separation of Church and State? Silly Libertarians, that's so old school now. Poor Republicans, their future gets dimmer every day and they voted for it.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 4:24:19 PM

BBE;
You know, when 3 days in office, President Obama & the Democrats told the Republicans, "We Won".

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.” – President Obama to House Republican Whip Eric Cantor, January 23, 2009......

Ed Bear;
Was that before or after the Republicans declared their first priority was to make sure the Obama presidency was "a failure"?

Since I don't know which Republican you're talking about, why don't you go find the Date they said it...
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 5:39:06 PM
I think I remember Mitch McConnell saying something along those lines. Can't remember when but it rings a bell.
 __man
Msg: 214
Posted: 11/28/2016 10:02:00 PM
It seems to me that many posters will be not only be waiting for one or many catastrophes to happen in the U.S., but hoping for it, simply for the chance to say 'See, you deplorables are at fault for every single bad thing that happens'.

Well it looks like you got your wish, only it backfired. A post Trump elect catastrophe did happen. A somalian mowed down 9 people in Ohio.

Hundreds of thousands of un-vettable middle east refugees is what the democrat party under Hillary planned on letting into the country willy nilly, with fifty thousand let waltzing in through a sieve of a border by Obama.

Trumps policies for tight borders are beginning to beam a glaring reality already, and he hasn't even gone to D.C. yet. Proving that we cannot let the Democrats run sht ever again.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 215
Posted: 11/28/2016 11:34:42 PM
Since I don't know which Republican you're talking about, why don't you go find the Date they said it...

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:02:05 AM
^^^ That is the McConnell quote I remember Wooby. I forgot about all of the obstruction the Boehner was responsible for though.I'm sure all of that was just part of the "check and balance" system of our Govt. and nothing personal against Pres. Obama.
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 217
Posted: 11/29/2016 6:41:15 AM

````````````````````````````````````
At this point we came out on TOP so I'm going to make a request of my fellow Conservative Republicans:

it's time to leave the forums to the Libtards. let them spew their smegma around at each other or to the open air.

many find this additive. break out of it and join me in freedom. I will post several of these requests on offtopic.

WE WON - TIME TO MOVE ON.

So, I'm guessing you're in Trump's corner when it comes to free speech and the First Amendment. He wants to be able to sue reporters AND revoke citizenship of flag burners.

Why is it that YOU ran around posting YOUR opinion before telling everyone else to stop? Hypocrite.
 Ed Bear
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:06:16 PM
Thanks, Wooby. What she said.
A number of others echoed those sentiments; I hadn't yet tracked down the earliest.
ED BEAR
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Will Trump be the biggest loser? What's next?