Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kodanshi
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Prejudice versus short men online dating.Page 3 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I feel your pain, Gannicus8913. I too am consistently 'overlooked' because of my height.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 52
Prejudice versus short men online dating.
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:02:04 PM
I just messaged someone who's 5'6". And I almost never innitiate contact on here anymore.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:03:39 PM
It doesn't count if you messaged him just to mock him.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Prejudice against short men in online dating.
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:12:56 PM

In fact, Brasil's new president Michel Termer is 170 meters in height (under 5 foot 7 inches), and his wife is 172 meters, which is almost 5 foot 8 inches.

Wait a minute.... Can someone explain this to me? Isn't a Meter a little longer than a US Yard or 39.37 us inches?
Shouldn't that be 1.70 meters or 170 CM?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:13:26 PM
but what of he is 5' 5"? I can smell the disappointment from here
I have been taller all my freaking Life, dealt with the teasing
Coped
Don't go on and on how hard it might be for a taller woman
Why should anyone " get past" what they don't like? Ain't eating lamb or eel either.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/26/2016 6:21:41 PM
^ As long as he can walk in heels, we're good.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/27/2016 2:00:03 AM
What about the non short men who cannot get dates? Is it their fault yet you are blameless and cherubic. Maybe your attitude is not helping. Height is not the real thing. Make a person feel safe and connect as souls, not bodies. Have like and respect, compassion for her growth, be genuine, and not about appearances, if you can. Because right now, you are biatching the hotties aren't biting and all you get are leftovers. Now you are mad you are the leftover. Everybody gets and gives that treatment. OLD for you.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:02:54 PM

Don't go on and on how hard it might be for a taller woman
Why should anyone " get past" what they don't like? Ain't eating lamb or eel either.

Tell that to the fat women who complain about men not liking their 'curves'. It's easier for someone to lose weight than to grow any taller.
 2ufo2
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:20:39 PM
Then why don't men date fat women... knowing that they will lose weight especially with help from a loving partner?

Pygmalion is long dead.

I don't message men with the idea of changing them.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:38:05 PM

What about the non short men who cannot get dates? ...Height is not the real thing.

I've lied on my profile before - I believe I went with 5' 10" or 5' 11" instead of 5' 8" for a few days - the 'viewed me' notices jumped up about 4x more than average.

Personality wins a relationship, but in internet terms, Height is very much one of the Door men; the Bouncer at the club. If you can't get in the front door, people won't know you exist. Women that have been online as long as I have - years - never even glanced at my profile before - even AFTER sending messages requesting their attention - until I cheated on my height.

Personality, discipline, income, intelligence, quality of relationships, steadfastness - all of these qualities that are desirable in a long term partner -- are barely even DETECTABLE in an internet profile, much less proven accurate. As much as people pound the pulpit on the gospel of good and noble intentions, where people start out from - here, online - is as cheesy and superficial of a choice as it gets.

Because right now, you are biatching the hotties aren't biting and all you get are leftovers. Now you are mad you are the leftover.

Sorry to burst your accusation bubble - but most EVERYONE in online dating are 'leftovers' of some sort. Whether by choice, or by design, we're not in relationships, and we're not finding people through real world methods. Elevating an online profile to a 'prized' status is kind of like taking a mystery bottle of liquor in a brown bag and claiming it's worth $50 an ounce.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/27/2016 12:49:15 PM
"Then why don't men date fat women... knowing that they will lose weight especially with help from a loving partner?"

Ya, what a great plan !

" Just 40 more pounds babe and then I'll have sex with you - how's that for incentive ? "
 gtomustang
Msg: 62
Prejudice versus short men who are online dating.
Posted: 10/27/2016 3:17:54 PM
Hey honey, let's have marathon sex so you can sweat it off. I'm only doing it for your benefit, sweetie"

said no one ever. Well, no one still alive to tell us, I guess.
 2ufo2
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/27/2016 3:37:02 PM

" Just 40 more pounds babe and then I'll have sex with you - how's that for incentive ? "

It could be an incentive to dive into the chocolate cake!
ETA: Someone with that attitude isn't worth the condom.

Hey honey, let's have marathon sex so you can sweat it off. I'm only doing it for your benefit, sweetie"

said no one ever. Well, no one still alive to tell us, I guess.

Nonsense. I let him live but only because of that "I'm only doing this for you" comment. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't aim.

My reply was to Kodanshi's comment about it being easier to lose weight than to grow taller.
It wasn't for me.
I was overweight beginning at 7. I couldn't lose weight and just kept getting heavier; but I did grow another 10 inches taller.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 4:19:50 PM

Personality wins a relationship, but in internet terms, Height is very much one of the Door men; the Bouncer at the club. If you can't get in the front door, people won't know you exist.

So true. I think many women when complaining about "not finding a good guy", don't factor this in. The Bouncer blocks them out from even entering in their assessment. People are so conditioned that gals aren't into looks -- or if they are, it's purely random tastes that means nothing (lol).

I will say this though: A less physically attractive guy by a one-particular attribute (like height) weighs less when they're not a stranger. When it's someone she's familiarized herself with, without him making any real moves on her, a one-particular attribute will weigh much less. But even still, that one-attribute (like height), in the end, needs to be compensated by Good attributes usually. And at the same time, it still can't be too strong (like a guy being notably shorter than her in heels that aren't monsterous). He'll still lose out.

Sorry to burst your accusation bubble - but most EVERYONE in online dating are 'leftovers' of some sort.

Well, I think that applies to Anyone Single. Online is no longer a "last ditch effort" by any means whatsoever. It's just people of all ages, when single. Many people at least dabble in online, even when they don't have to. Some people will be in the mode not to want to meet guys from [insert any IRL source], and online is at everyone's fingertips and is standard mainstream procedure for anyone single. And Many people do Both. Online is just one utility in the utility belt.

I will say that Online, notably with a profile data layout, will put many people, especially gals, in uber-picky mode if the person isn't drawing them in with their pics so strongly. Tinder actually takes away from this somewhat for many. One positive thing about it. Its atmosphere doesn't push the analysis, it moves straight into chatting, and allows (but not part of the rules) to take a more casual approach to it all, which eases the red-marker thing.
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/27/2016 5:40:33 PM
In fact, Brasil's new president Michel Termer is 170 meters in height (under 5 foot 7 inches), and his wife is 172 meters, which is almost 5 foot 8 inches.

Oops! 170 cm, and 172 cm
 loveisatemple
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/28/2016 5:37:13 AM
Sorry to burst your accusation bubble, but that was my point entirely about everybody being leftovers to somebody AND considering others such.

I do not see the point of complaining about male standards of beauty whilst you engage in the same w/women. We all do (insofar we are drawn to traditional ideas of masculine and feminine), or you should start dating other gals who cannot get past the bouncer.

You cannot change your height indeed. Complaining is not going to change it. If everybody complained about unchangeables like age, (for some weight is darn near unchangeable) disability, etc.....it would just be a sea of whining with no solution.

So, the solution is not saying it's unfair. We saw that in threads where women said men should like a big girl, or older men wanting a way younger partner.

What are you actually going to do? Heaven forbid you accept, adjust, remain positive. or actually date in real life more, put yourself out more.
 gtomustang
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/28/2016 6:02:18 AM
the secret to feeling a success in life is...to accept our limitations. Push the boundaries when young and full of vim and vigor, find where they are, and then...color within the lines, and enjoy what's there. There's an age where we can't club all night any longer, nor attract the eye of a lithesome young lass.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 2:00:45 PM

My reply was to Kodanshi's comment about it being easier to lose weight than to grow taller.
It wasn't for me.
I was overweight beginning at 7. I couldn't lose weight and just kept getting heavier; but I did grow another 10 inches taller.

*sigh* I should have been more specific. Obviously I meant ADULTS, since we're all adults here who are dating or wanting to date (or not).
 2ufo2
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/28/2016 4:09:15 PM
^^^
Get a sense of humor...
(ETA - I'm not being mean here. Maybe facetious.)

I've been not as average-weight as I'd like for longer than you've been not as tall as you'd like.
At this point in my life... after fifty years of countless, useless diets, exercise, surgery with no more than 10 pounds of weight loss, I'd be willing to bet that I'll change height faster than weight.
And, I'd probably win.
(Osteoporosis, you know.)

Loveisatemple.... you mean, this is not the whine-dark sea?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/28/2016 6:10:26 PM
Well he is a President! Bet if he was a dishwasher she wouldn't be so fast to have wed him/
Some people like power/ They don;t care if they can look at his bald spot whislt standing
But seems all shorter men just need to move to Brazil
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/29/2016 6:18:34 PM
Everyone (men, women, short, tall) should move to Brasil!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/29/2016 6:33:29 PM
^ Hmmm... It could get crowded.

The only thing I actually know about Brazil is the wax. (And how to spell it, ha.)
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2016 7:40:50 PM
OP, you may try specialized sites for Brazilian people, or at least Latin/South American folks here in the U.S. If there are any out there. Sure, it will be a smaller "pond," but you may find more success there.

I worked with someone who was 5'3"....otherwise he was model-esque...He had a horrible time in the OLD dating scene...struggled for years...but had good stories to tell, lol. He was Italian-American, so he finally joined a OLD site for IAs, and found someone within a year and is now married to her. She's about the same height as he is.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2016 4:58:01 PM
So even the good-looking short guys have probs. Damn, no hope for me then!

Oh, and are you saying we should stick with our own 'kind' then? What if we don't want to put limits on ethnic diversity?
 2ufo2
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/31/2016 9:09:45 AM
With all the lists, red-flags, deal-breakers, no-fly zones, rules, and preferences...
...is there hope for anyone?

Well, only if we ignore all that cr*p.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.