Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kodanshi
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Prejudice versus short men who are online dating.Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
So... you're suggesting messaging women who don't want guys like me to message them, and then claiming I've read their profile? Even though reading their profile would show they don't want someone like me messaging them?

I'm confuzzled!
 daynadaze
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Prejudice versus short men who are online dating.
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:08:38 AM
Why would you contact anyone who has stated they don't like something about you? Not everyone has to be tall, slim, or good looking to get a date, fall in love, get married, whatever it is you are looking for. If someone is not interested in you, move on, someone else will be. Look around, most of the people you see are not even average in looks, height, etc., and yet you will find many of them are in relationships. People try to sell this BS to give themselves a reason for not yet finding someone, instead of just looking at their own behavior. But even behavior won't stop you from getting into a relationship, look at all the truly awful people around and you will see that most of them are in relationships. The choice is yours, make excuses or do the work required to get out there and find someone.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:16:11 AM
" look at all the truly awful people around and you will see that most of them are in relationships "

That's because the art of deception is one of the traits of being an awful person
 gtomustang
Msg: 79
Getting the short end of the stick
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:26:03 AM
"Why would you contact anyone who has stated they don't like something about you?"

>>>b/c they are the ultimate victory, the greatest "win". If we can catch the uncatchable, we must really be awesome! and the syrup on top is, they'll revert back to their ways, dump us so its not our fault, and we can go on to find the next unwinnable to win over, and then the next one, and the next one...

I have a sneaky suspicion, however, these people aren't the old and fat unwinnables, however. These prizes are probably younger, have a great figure, have better odds of winning the partner they actually want, etc.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:40:11 AM

Why would you contact anyone who has stated they don't like something about you?

Because it's not 100%. People write stuff all the time in their profiles what they like and don't like -- but there is a chance there's exceptions when it comes to you. Low %? Yeah. But sitting around & thinking about it too much and reading too much into one's profile is more time wasted than going in hurry-up drills writing tactful emails to all those attractive and seeing what fish is caught in the net. It's a game of numbers. With limited time and an endless supply of attractive profiles in a big city, I agree that a short guy should limit his email carpet-bombing to a filter in which the gal is shorter than he by 1-2 inches. But that's not always the case.

Also, sometimes one's just casually browsing and sees a "Wow" photo that gets his attention but she says she isn't into his [height/race/type]. If he doesn't write her, there's a 0% chance he'll correspond with her. If he does, it's > 0%. A greater chance at talking with her. What harm does it do to him? None.
 2ufo2
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/31/2016 3:30:58 PM
Kodanshi...

So... you're suggesting messaging women who don't want guys like me to message them, and then claiming I've read their profile? Even though reading their profile would show they don't want someone like me messaging them?

I'm confuzzled!

I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I'm not suggesting anything.
It was a metaphorical allegorical statement on the futility of ... everything.
But, like most metaphorical allegories, you can take it however you wish.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2016 8:52:58 AM
Kodanshi wrote:

So even the good-looking short guys have probs. Damn, no hope for me then!

He got plenty of OLD dates though. So he was a short guy that got plenty of dates. Just strggled with finding the right one on typical OLD sites, but now is now happily married to one he found on a specialized OLD site.

Oh, and are you saying we should stick with our own 'kind' then? What if we don't want to put limits on ethnic diversity?

No, not suggesting anything of the sort. C'mon. I only address height diversity, and the OP's observations that the U.S. dating culture that apparently "descriminates" against short men.. If Brazilian women, or Latin women in general, have less of a problem with short men, then why beat your head against a wall trying to date women who are inculcated with the "tall is better" mindset? Otherwise, have at it...more power to ya. I have no problem with any race or nationality dating any other race and nationality. Or short men trying to date tall women. Or tall men trying to date short women. Or short men dating tall men, for that matter. Or short women dating tall women. Or old dating young. You get the idea.
 Kodanshi
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 7:40:51 AM
I don't understand your original point then. You're saying he got plenty of OLD dates, but originally you said:

He had a horrible time in the OLD dating scene...struggled for years

You then go on to say that when he turned to the sites with his own 'kind', then he made progress. So which one was it? Did he struggle? Or did he get plenty of dates? Because getting plenty of dates doesn't sound like 'struggling' to me.
 SambaDeUmaNotaSo
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/4/2016 9:12:05 AM
Brasil = proper spelling in Portuguese.
Brazil = proper spelling in English.
Abracos = hugs.
:)
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 2:10:57 PM
Kodanshi wrote:

You then go on to say that when he turned to the sites with his own 'kind', then he made progress. So which one was it? Did he struggle? Or did he get plenty of dates? Because getting plenty of dates doesn't sound like 'struggling' to me.

By "struggling," I mean he did not find the marriage-worthy women he was looking for, after several years of trying regular OLD sites. He had plenty of dates, though, some OK, some horrible...but funny stories. He was in his late 30's and was looking for a wife, plain and simple. He wanted kids. Pressure from the "old world" IA parents. All his friends were married/kids.

He then joined an OLD site catering to Italian Americans...and found his LTR/future wife within a year. Now, the caveat is this was 8-10 years ago...and several guys here have said OLD dating back then was a cornucopia of wine, women and song......now, not so much.
 rod1919us
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:54:33 PM
I receive my fair share of messages from women on here. With me it's seasonal. Certain times of the year I'll receive messages left and right (particularly in the fall) then around Spring time I won't receive anything at all. Summer time it'll come and go. Winter not so much. And it seems with me when I receive one message other females suddenly send messages. I rarely, if ever, send out messages. I figure if a woman like me she'll send me the POF famous "Hi There :)" message.

However, based off my observation certain races of short men have it better than others.

Most short black men I know have no problem picking up women...regardless whether online or in person. As much as I hate to say it...the large number of black men incarcerated actually helps us short black guys due to the lack of available men out there for black women. Especially short black guys that have careers and non-criminal record. The numbers work in our favor while pertaining to black women. Interracial not so much. Not to say I haven't dated my fair share of white, Latina, and Asian women. But pound for pound short black guys aren't going to be as successful dating interracial as opposed to short white guys...esp online. That's just the way it is. Tall black guys fair better in the interracial market. I can explain why that is, but that's another topic for another day.

Short Latino guys have it better than anyone as most of their women are short themselves. Of all the short guys I see, short Latino guys usually get the better quality of women as many Latinas are loyal to Latino men. Latinas aren't as picky about height, esp among their own men, as opposed to white women.

Short white guys have it pretty bad because many white women are conservative and are very picky about height. Not to say black women, Latinas, and Asian women aren't picky, but white women tend to be extra picky about height. But the thing about short white guys is that Asian women prefer white guys. Also helps that many Asian women are petite themselves along with Latinas. When Asian and Latina women date interracial they prefer white guys so it's easier for a short white guy to date interracial as opposed to a short black or Asian guy...whether online or in real life. In addition, many short white guys can pick up black women as well. So in essence, short white guys have plenty of options when they date interracial, but receive prejudice from their own women.

As for short Asian guys...they typically have it the toughest because Asian women prefer white guys (tall or short). In addition, many white guys prefer Asian women. Asian women are the most preferred group of women and white men are the most preferred group of men. So it kinda goes hand in hand that tall or short white men would hook up and date Asian women. Tally in Chinese men outnumbering Chinese women, etc etc etc and it's safe to say Short Asian men as a group receive the most prejudice of all short men whether it be online or in the real world.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2016 8:03:52 PM
Rod - Thanks for the comprehensive report. Glad you're a black dude; otherwise you'd have the full wrath of the PC police on your back, lol. Pretty interesting....never really thought of these things. Would be interesting diagrammed on a white board, lol.

short Asian guys...they typically have it the toughest because Asian women prefer white guys (tall or short).

Not sure if they "prefer" white guys though....there are plenty of Asian women with Asian men, too, most I see are with Asian men.

I had a Chinese GF from the past.......not "off the boat," but almost...she had been in the US for about 2 years...to get her Masters....but had only hung out with the Chinese community on campus for those 2 years.

I was lucky enough to be the first non-Chinese lover she'd had...at 25...and a 6' white dude was definitely novelty to her.....Yowza....the power of novelty....she was tres enthusiastic.... and I...um....was glad to oblige. For awhile I thought "This must be why China's so populated."....(PC Police, slap me down, lol)
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 88
Prejudice versus short men online dating.
Posted: 11/23/2016 4:49:36 AM

but as soon as the majority see a small guy its the penis size weve judged.

Thank you for doing a comparative sampling of the penis size of random short men. Was this study conducted in the USA or a "true" worldwide data base from international applicants?
Whew ... you must be exhausted.

Anyway, the hypothesis never occured to me. As a matter of fact, one of the tallest boyfriends I had was "endowed" with one of the smaller penises with which I had the pleasure of becoming acquainted. Somehow ... we managed to work through this nearly impenetrable obstacle, and i often fondly recall some of our little escapades. It's not the size of the boat, etc.

But, what do I know?
I have never had the gumption to take on the Herculean (or Lilliputian) task to which you have dedicated your research.
So, once again, my sincere gratitude. For, it is researchers like yourself who dedicate their lives to the unenviable work associated with collecting the data from a "large enough" sample size (heehee) in order to feel justified in drawing gross generalizations about large segments of the population, so that the "majority" of women can be properly represented by your assumptions.
 gtomustang
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/23/2016 8:41:00 AM
Its the second time she's posted about little ones. She must have dated C0cktail Frank back in the day and is still upset over it. "impenetrable obstacle"? I think I knew a girl who fit that description once. Meanwhile we should read this thread from the beginning, I think it got answered already.
 ohenryx
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2016 8:54:41 AM

norwegianguy456

Why would you contact anyone who has stated they don't like something about you?

Because it's not 100%. People write stuff all the time in their profiles what they like and don't like -- but there is a chance there's exceptions when it comes to you. Low %? Yeah. But sitting around & thinking about it too much and reading too much into one's profile is more time wasted than going in hurry-up drills writing tactful emails to all those attractive and seeing what fish is caught in the net. It's a game of numbers. With limited time and an endless supply of attractive profiles in a big city, I agree that a short guy should limit his email carpet-bombing to a filter in which the gal is shorter than he by 1-2 inches. But that's not always the case.

Also, sometimes one's just casually browsing and sees a "Wow" photo that gets his attention but she says she isn't into his [height/race/type]. If he doesn't write her, there's a 0% chance he'll correspond with her. If he does, it's > 0%. A greater chance at talking with her. What harm does it do to him? None.

Some very wise words here. One of the things I really like about “the other free dating site” are the questions. If a woman has answered questions (and most actually do, even when they don’t fill out the profile), then I read all of them. Or at least a great many, or until I run across a deal breaker.

There is a question that comes up pretty quickly, so it is answered by most women. It reads like this:

If one of your potential matches were overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?

Yes, even if they were slightly overweight.

Yes, but only if they were obese.

No

Now, being overweight myself, I always considered this to be an important question. If I saw that a woman had answered “Yes, even if they were slightly overweight”, then I stopped right there and moved on to the next profile.

But over a period of time, years actually, I noticed that many of the women who contacted me first had answered “Yes, even if they were slightly overweight”. I’m not quite sure how to explain this discrepancy. Perhaps they answered this question when they first started out in OLD, and later they realize they don’t have as many options as they at first thought?

Doesn’t really matter, the fact is that what appears to be an insurmountable obstacle (“no short guys” “no overweight guys”) is in reality negotiable after all.

So to bring this back around to NG’s post, I agree 100% with his statement:

If he doesn't write her, there's a 0% chance he'll correspond with her. If he does, it's > 0%. A greater chance at talking with her. What harm does it do to him? None.
 ohenryx
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2016 8:57:52 AM

Ill say it....

Most women with the short guy thing, is because short men have smaller packages.

Tell yourselves its not all day long to make you feel better, but as soon as the majority see a small guy its the penis size weve judged.

The heels excuse does work though, used it for years myself ;)

I always thought it was the shoe size that mattered, not the height. Which would explain why women pay so much attention to men's shoes.

By the way, I wear a size 16 EEEE myself!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/23/2016 8:58:49 AM
yea you know what they say about a guy with big feet
big socks
 Walts
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/23/2016 9:04:20 AM

Most women with the short guy thing, is because short men have smaller packages

I'm 5' 11'' and I double checked. Yeah, that theory is phucked.

I'll stick with me being Irish on that one.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/23/2016 10:07:27 AM
The average size is apparently 5 to 7 inches. Now a guy who is 5 foot 5 is about 10% shorter than a guy who is 6 feet tall. So even if there was any relation between dingle size and height, the difference would be so small that it would be lost in the normal variables between guys.

It seems one advantage of being short is that you don't end up with stupid, judgemental women on your arm.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/23/2016 10:26:05 AM
I reading the OP's post and was really feeling bad for the dude and how badly he was being discriminated against until I hit his bit about even going so far as to ask the ...wait for it... beautiful but bigger gals and EVEN they said thanks but no thanks. ( oh the humanity) He kind of lost my sympathy at that point. lol

on the posts on this page... I am by no way shape or form an expert on the package size of short guys but I do know one thing from being online and around IRL on and off over the past ten ( almost eleven) divorced years between relationships.

because I am pretty curvy.. I don't get approached IRL or online by people even remotely insecure.., especially those with body image insecurity..only people extremely secure and confident whether short or tall ( though I do hear way more from tall I will admit)

and after having some exclusive relationships in the past eleven years with people from 5'5 to 6'9 I can say hand and foot size frequently have no correlation to the other uh size. and there was a reason for the physicsl self confidence in the shorter people that wanted a relationship...

one does not always equate to the other. here I am defending the poor OP after he got done insulting us curvy gals lol

ah well that was my good deed for the day.

happy thanksgiving to all ;)

I will shut up now.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/23/2016 5:46:42 PM

The average size is apparently 5 to 7 inches.

"Average" doesn't say much by itself. Based on that alone, it's possible that penises between five and seven inches are actually non-existent; they could all be either two inches or ten inches.

Anyway, why not conduct some research right here and now? The sample size won't be huge, but the data would be extremely interesting. Let's start with you. I notice you're 5'11" inches tall...
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/23/2016 6:41:55 PM
I'll confess. I'm only 5 foot tall; I added my Johnson size in my profile.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/23/2016 6:49:18 PM
^ Well I've certainly never claimed to not like short men ;)
 Coma_White
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2016 10:13:36 AM
I'm three apples tall.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/24/2016 11:40:54 AM
only in this thread can someone saying they are three apples tall actually be considered a proud statement.

unless they are mini apples... :)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.