Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Prejudice versus short men online dating.Page 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I would like to know what the indicators are without having to see the guy naked lol! Thumbs, height, nose, what? I know a guy 5'11 who has a small penis, another one average and so on.
The shorter guys definitely had smaller penises.

norwegianguy456
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Prejudice versus short men online dating.
Posted: 11/24/2016 11:50:13 PM

One of the things I really like about “the other free dating site” are the questions. If a woman has answered questions (and most actually do, even when they don’t fill out the profile), then I read all of them. Or at least a great many, or until I run across a deal breaker.

Yes, very true. It's the actual weeder when they fill the common questions out. Much better than measuring height VS penis (which, no, the avg is not 5 - 7, it's about 5 1/2; like height, I guess we round up by the half inch, but a greater % - lol).

If I saw that a woman had answered “Yes, even if they were slightly overweight”, then I stopped right there and moved on to the next profile.

That's fine. Again, as I pointed out, nothing's exact -- especially in the world of OLD when it's not sizing up the whole package face to face (no pun intended actually). But when they write you, and your pics are accurate, you forgo anything about appearance answers, and give it a go.

So to bring this back around to NG’s post, I agree 100% with his statement:

Yep. I think too many people are about me-me-me. Hey, this is advertising & marketing! This is reaching out! If 0% or even close to ACTUAL 0% ever had a Shred of interest toward someone who wrote them that clashed with one of their issues -- then one would have a point. But that's not how it works. The world doesn't revolve around Sally who says "But I said in my profile I want a guy like [this], and he clearly isn't!" Sorry Sally, just because he wrote you doesn't mean he's Expecting you to meet him at Applebees today @ 2pm. He's throwing his fishing line out there -- and he has nothing to lose. If you let that affect you, Sally, you're actually the one doing the wrong thing (by letting it affect ya negatively). She doesn't understand that Betty and Helen will easily say that when in a certain gear in making their profile but not mean it to the extent in which they wrote it, as online tends to make one more stringent.

Anyway, why not conduct some research right here and now?

It's about 5.6". So, below 6 inches. :)

Specifically, a 2013 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found the average American man’s penis is 5.6 inches long when erect and 4.8 inches in circumference. Only 15 percent of penises are over 7 inches, and only 3 percent are over 8 inches.
 Coma_White
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 12:38:40 AM

only in this thread can someone saying they are three apples tall actually be considered a proud statement.

unless they are mini apples... :)

It's a reference to the Smurfs.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 1:13:11 AM
I have no problem with short men,, just so they are slim. I am short 5 foot 2 and slim., 100 pounds.
 ohenryx
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2016 10:58:12 AM

Specifically, a 2013 study published in the Journal of Sexual Medicine found the average American man’s penis is 5.6 inches long when erect and 4.8 inches in circumference. Only 15 percent of penises are over 7 inches, and only 3 percent are over 8 inches.

Well, I hit the 85th percentile (barely). Which almost seems like a disappointment. I spent most of my younger life hitting 98th or 99th percentile (academic type testing), so 85th seems not-so-good. I guess it's all relative.

On the Attractiveness Quotient (trade mark applied for), I'm afraid I'm under the 50th percentile, so .... (smile)
 Maleman999
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/26/2016 5:35:37 AM
^^^I wonder who was in the study group and how many guys were in the study, who were OK with someone measuring the size of their penises-especially the part about measuring their penises when erect. Has there been a study to find the average depth of a vagina?
 gotahubcapdiamondstarhalo
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/26/2016 7:10:32 AM
Of course, you could just google "average vagina depth," but it seems you posted that more as retaliation for feeling skeeved out about people measuring erect d!cks.

Scary, huh?

Vagina depth not applicable to thread unless you worry short men could fall in.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/26/2016 7:15:41 AM
study was a junior high circle jerk
Google is your friend
On average, the vagina is 3 to 4 inches deep during un-arousal periods
course for the smaller guys that makes 2 inches brand new territory
 aintnodeal
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Short Stroke vs. Deep Desire
Posted: 11/26/2016 8:03:35 AM
I didn't think vagina depth was much of an issue - more pertinent is flexibility. Since all those internal lady parts aren't really bolted down - they can move a bit like the outer skin of a penis. So length vs. depth is changing constantly during intercourse as rigidity and flexibility vary between the partners.

A guy will try to go deeper as long as he feels he's got room to expand. Sometimes there is a painful collision as erection hits cervix - but I think both partners are pretty aware when they're getting close and try to avoid that.

Does the OP have fingers that are only 2 inches, as well...????
 south_city
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/5/2016 6:35:56 AM

Ill say it....

Most women with the short guy thing, is because short men have smaller packages.

Tell yourselves its not all day long to make you feel better, but as soon as the majority see a small guy its the penis size weve judged.

The heels excuse does work though, used it for years myself ;)

In my experience, women are more likely to care about penis size when they were looking for a casual relationship. Out of curiosity, I was looking at women's profiles on sex / swinger websites. Many of these profiles had some type of penis size requirement.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:21:44 PM
ohhenryx

You are 65 and not so slim by your own admission but in your earlier days may have been up there, percentile-wise.
 Coma_White
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:36:01 PM

In my experience, women are more likely to care about penis size when they were looking for a casual relationship. Out of curiosity, I was looking at women's profiles on sex / swinger websites. Many of these profiles had some type of penis size requirement.

I know swingers and aside from being annoying, I can tell you that they do not give a crap about physical things like that as much as you think they do. I've seen some of the people they've slept with. Let's just say, in some cases, bestiality would have been a better alternative.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:54:45 AM
^^ True. Only ones I knew he looked exactly like a garden gnome. I'd have demanded my key or however you get stuck with him back
 JS3344
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2016 10:35:39 AM
If you subtract the average penis size from the average vaginal depth, you always get 3.14159, always!
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/6/2016 10:59:19 AM

I would like to know what the indicators are without having to see the guy naked lol! Thumbs, height, nose, what?

Inverse correlation with vehicle engine size, and with speed/aggression when operating.

A long time ago in the UK and/or Europe, a manufacturer of small/practical/efficient cars (Fiat?) had a hilarious, realistic TV commercial. The ad simulated a game show where contestants had to guess what car a man drove. The first man removed his robe, and the contestant looked disappointed/amused indicating he had a tiny one, and she correctly guessed he drove a fast sports car. The second contestant also had a tiny one, and she correctly guessed he drove a monstrous 4x4 SUV. When the third man disrobed, her jaw dropped and her eyes popped out. With a huge smile, she gasped and said "Fiat!" or whichever company made the ad.
 south_city
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/7/2016 7:17:53 AM

I know swingers and aside from being annoying, I can tell you that they do not give a crap about physical things like that as much as you think they do. I've seen some of the people they've slept with. Let's just say, in some cases, bestiality would have been a better alternative.

I also know swingers and people who have casual sex in general. Yes some of them would have sex with just about anyone. But there are others that have strict requirements about age, race, body type, penis size etc.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2016 12:55:52 PM

If you subtract the average penis size from the average vaginal depth, you always get 3.14159, always!

LOL. Ooooooh, NOW I get it. That's what they mean by "getting some pi". It's not 'pie' but 'pi'. This all makes sense to me now!

I also know swingers and people who have casual sex in general. Yes some of them would have sex with just about anyone.

I think there is a solid difference between those who have casual sex in general VS those who are swingers. I think those who have casual sex when single don't necessarily have casual sex with just about anyone. One can still have looks-standards and be in casual sex mode. I would say those who Do have sex with just about anyone are a subset of that, who usually project that outward. Most people who have casual sex don't flaunt it or want to project it out there.

Swingers, I don't have much experience interacting with those, although thru 2nd-hand info and the limited 1st-hand experience interacting, I would say looks-wise, their looks-standards are pretty low if the comfort-level is pretty high.
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/8/2016 5:22:10 AM
Good things come in small packages. Unless it's a small package inside of the package.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 2:03:02 PM

That's what they mean by "getting some pi". It's not 'pie' but 'pi'.

Back in the day, I never realized when bare chested, pelvic-thrusting Robert Plant wailed "Gimme a piece of your custard pi," ...that the subject of the song was....math and statistical probability. My mind must have been in the gutter.....silly me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euldMZEyhlM
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2016 3:09:32 PM
cateyes

all the short slim guys will be cheering and inundating you for contact.......
 gtomustang
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/8/2016 4:45:17 PM
"good things come in small packages"

>>>and now we're talking about pickles in hallways again.
 Dili_gent
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2016 6:09:05 PM
You are the perfect example of the majority of women online. Requiring more than they offer. Short is different than overweight. You can change overweight, not height. Women claiming men are "visual" and "superficial" when they do exactly the same thing.

When I first learned of online dating, I was excited. Somehow believing that information provided by females would cut down on the "learning curve" and I could find someone with similar likes (and maybe dislikes). Unfortunately, nothing could be further than the truth. Online dating is worse than the smarmiest meat market dive.

It's like a perpetual car crash on the side of the road, with blood stains and body parts strewn about. You want to look away, but you can't.

Sure glad I only need one woman.
 south_city
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/10/2016 9:35:33 AM

Swingers, I don't have much experience interacting with those, although thru 2nd-hand info and the limited 1st-hand experience interacting, I would say looks-wise, their looks-standards are pretty low if the comfort-level is pretty high.

Possible. But either way being a swinger doesn't always mean that person would have sex with just about anybody. They might have high standards looks wise, need to get know a person or couple first until they feel comfortable, or some combination of both.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2016 11:03:01 AM

But either way being a swinger doesn't always mean that person would have sex with just about anybody.

Yeah, that was my point... that I never noticed a trend with that. Merely those who generally have casual sex tend to put more stock in looks (obviously), and the swinger types put more stock into the smoothness of establishing a comfort-zone. I always think of "casual sex" referring to those who will mingle with someone at a bar and go home with them (or exchange #s on Fri night, then on Sat night sext and hookup and whatnot)... implying swift. Still standards can be there -- and it doesn't imply every time one goes out, either. But just "he/she's hot, let's pork."

Women claiming men are "visual" and "superficial" when they do exactly the same thing.

Oh, definitely. The whole "men are visual, women aren't so much" is an old-wives tale with no substance. If anything, women are more visual than men. They spend more time on the particulars in looks. They care about how things match, what kind of shoes one wears, etc. The false tale I believe stems from guys not needing that much more than looks to at least go out on some dates with them... while women care more about other things too, for going out on mere dates. Part of that though, outside of physical security/safety (which plays into looks taste), is that women are socially conditioned to be generally against casual sex, while the kosher zone is a guy who's relationship-worthy (even if not trying to jump into one).

Somehow believing that information provided by females would cut down on the "learning curve" and I could find someone with similar likes (and maybe dislikes). Unfortunately, nothing could be further than the truth. Online dating is worse than the smarmiest meat market dive.

People are in different gears of acceptance of the opp-sex when they're strangers and known-attraction VS someone with social connections. Especially for folks who have even a slight negative view of "meeting someone online" as if it's a conceptually less-admirable way of meeting someone. Most people don't fully realize that they're going to be more drawn or withdrawn from the same person, depending on the situation in which they initially engage... that their tastes are going to be altered depending on the situation with most people, to one degree or another. Situations like online dating aren't the best. People's comfort-zones are best when mingling with a friend of a friend at an event, socializing several times, then a non-platonic move is made. Hence, some people wanting to re-enact "friends first" in the online environment to try and re-create their ideal situation... which is basically "playing house" and kinda fake, because the cat's out of the bag -- ya met on a non-platonic site.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Prejudice versus short men online dating.