Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 captainplanet2016
Msg: 51
Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hey feirx,
I'm so happy you are attending your family reunion. You are not attractive. Actually I almost think your a guy. Lol. Just being honest here.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 52
Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?
Posted: 11/7/2016 5:27:11 AM
Fei - if you totes ignore them they stop. As long as they can ring your bell they continue
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2016 8:54:26 AM

^ I think I know what sort of thing you're talking about, and it doesn't even make sense, anatomically or mathematically.

I dunno. I think there's some instructional videos that can point out how that can work out anatomically -- and where the math isn't a problem. Carry the one if need be! :)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2016 12:09:05 PM
WTF? Mind boggled. Be grateful you got away from the creep without being raped. Count your blessings and stop wasting your brain cell on him.
I always gave my daughters mad money when they went out on dates. That is if their date made them mad they could take a cab home. Next time you go out with a virtual stranger take mad money .
You are confused. Sex after 3 dates is not the norm it is a stupid assumption that people make and gauge themselves too. Be real. Set your own standards and don't be afraid to ask for what you want.
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 55
Posted: 11/7/2016 1:36:47 PM
You don't even need mad money, just the uber app! no money changes hand, you don't even need to have the card on you.
 Maleman999
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/7/2016 4:01:25 PM

I always gave my daughters mad money when they went out on dates.

Were they going on dates penniless? Even if a woman expects a guy to pay for dates, they should know enough to take some money for unexpected things.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/7/2016 5:06:07 PM

Carry the one if need be! :)

I don't even know what the hell that's supposed to mean. I thought it was "Invert the divisor and multiply."
 aintnodeal
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2016 5:07:21 PM
Every time I've heard the "I'm broke/left my purse/wallet/money clip at home" it was BEFORE the check came, and I immediately wrote the chick off for future dates.

How obvious can you make it that you're using someone for FREE meals and entertainment...???
 PennyAnte
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2016 5:19:17 PM
"Were they going on dates penniless? " No, Maleman. My girls always had their own money. They are hard working young ladies. I always asserted that they needed to call me or call a cab if they ever felt threatened or felt they needed to leave a situation. Yes, unexpected things.
When they drove I made sure they had a card in case the vehicle broke down.

OP left herself at the mercy of this creep because she didn't have the common sense to try to get herself home safely at the first indication that this guy was being very inappropriate. She stayed too long, that was her only mistake.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/8/2016 9:13:02 AM
"I followed the 3 date rule
we had 3 dates within 13 hours "

How does that work ?
One of you goes to the bathroom and when you come back you announce " Ok , this is now date number 2 we're on " ?
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/12/2016 2:21:38 PM
Its YOUR body, dont let ANYONE touch it in any way unless YOU want it. You dont OWE anyone anything, you arent a prostitute that exchanges dates for sex.

Frankly, the guy you dated was treating you like a coin operated machine where he puts in some dates and expects sex to pop out. This isnt a man, thats a shallow, socially stunted, entitled boy. I would have personally chewed his ass and left.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2016 3:47:00 PM
^^^ That's pretty harsh - treating someone like your personal chew-toy plaything! WTF?
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/12/2016 5:23:42 PM
Whats harsh is expecting sex because you took someone out a few times. If a dude wants a cheap lay he should go find a hooker - if he wants a clean girl to build a RELATIONSHIP with then he should let things evolve organically if he has a brain in his head.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/12/2016 6:29:01 PM
Chuck
Breakfast, lunch, evening****ail
BB - what is then an expensive lay?
 Maleman999
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/13/2016 7:24:03 AM

Whats harsh is expecting sex because you took someone out a few times.

I never realized women had no say in the matter. Maybe a woman won't have a say in a Trump world, since grabbing a woman's pvssy when they are strangers and without her consent is considered a joke and funny among Trump supporters. But anyways, anybody can have any expectations after date 1 or date 500, but it still take both people to agree to whatever. For example-if a woman is expecting a guy to buy her a million dollar waterfront condo after the first date, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Maybe if you pay for your own way on dates, guys wouldn't expect something in return. Become one of the buddies.
 LJane_6
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2016 1:49:05 PM
What happened to paying someone's way because it's a nice thing to do, and not because you expect something in return? I even have girlfriends who pay for my dinner sometimes, just to be nice and because we are friends. They don't worry about when or if I pay them back, though I do make sure to get it another time. But no one's keeping score. It makes me sad how self-centered this culture has become.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/13/2016 2:21:57 PM
It makes me sad that I have to put make-up on just to get a free meal :(
 LJane_6
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2016 4:42:12 PM
it is a lot of work. putting it on, washing it off...not ending up looking like a clown or cake face. it can be stressful.
 gtomustang
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/13/2016 5:14:56 PM
"It makes me sad that I have to put make-up on just to get a free meal :( "

>>>you should try putting on nothing at all. That can get a free meal, too.

It is nice and fun to treat others. But it requires one to not see money as the end goal. Money is a tool for living life. And of course its less stressful if you know how to make it, then you always know you can spend it and still make money to make up for what you just spent. But some people define life in terms of nickels and dimes. They'll be penny wise and pound foolish in other aspects in life, too. Or as one of the characters in the old TV show Transportation Wars used to say, "we're letting a nickel get in the way of making a dollar".
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/13/2016 5:20:55 PM
^ I did try that, and I got a vacuum packed sandwich in city cells. Way less stressful than the make-up ordeal.
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/13/2016 5:33:07 PM

BB - what is then an expensive lay?

I'm not that hip on high class girl fees but the articles I read way back when the Heidi Fliess scandal was around claimed 1,500-2,000 a night.

I do know a couple of high maintenance girls who won't climb into a car with a guy unless it was more than 30k and the restaurant they are going to is 4-5 stars.

I also know some "lower class" in the core girls who demand they get their nails and hair paid for if they will spend the night at the club.

As to me? I guess I'm an uppity biatch because I expect a man buy me a drink in some dive local bar the first night we meet. And I'm an even bigger snob because if we meet again I expect to maybe chat over a small dinner at some regular old chain restaurant (and I tend to order a 5 dollar soup, oh my, how terribly hoighty toighty of me!)

Its weird to me to see so many men complain about blowing 20 bucks on a meal. If 20 bucks on the weekend is such a HUGE hit to the wallet what the hell is this guy going to do if the dating turns into a relationship and god forbid her birthday or christmas comes? Is he gonna call her a ton of names if she doesn't immediately drop to her knees and blow him for the cheap pair of xmas socks he got her?!
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/13/2016 5:47:36 PM
^ I don't think you're a ****. I think we live in a confusing time where gender roles are trying to sort themselves out.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2016 5:54:26 PM
just ignore the harassers. they just get bored and target someone else who will bite as you have done.
let it go.
 prime ribb
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/13/2016 6:12:52 PM
Restaurants?! High Maintenance?! Good thing I screen women before I consider taking them to someplace pricey. I only went on one dinner date with a female from Match and that was because we hit off but I wouldn't just blow money on random females I may or may not see ever again. A relationship is far different than the early courting and getting to know each other phase. I like to start slowly like a cheap coffee or drink before we go expensive. I take it women do the same thing when it comes to intimitacy. I mean if you don't at least get a kiss (full tongue) on the second or third date I would be like, "Ok, this girl isn't feeling me. She's playing me for free meals and drinks", that would be a red flag to me.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/13/2016 6:21:31 PM
Or she thinks your kissing skills like Shrek talent
I mean really... some of you ought to get an independent evaluation on how good/great. at least I didn't lose an eye are in bed
Oops, forgot, all men own the tower of tower. Or pin of sin. Or omg, I have banana bread in my car :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?