Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 176
Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
sigh
you KNOW I meant sexual partners * see, cap locks I mean business Mister*
Some enhance the number, just like some women decrease the number
 Walts
Msg: 177
Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?
Posted: 11/21/2016 3:20:37 PM
^^^^^
See, a woman with a sense of ha ha.

We all should look on this an example on how to deal with old grumpy men!!!!!!
 BBEisBack
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2016 3:34:57 PM
I'm waiting for the Broken Bottle and Low Hanging Fruit, Talk.... LOL
 BlasphemousBombshell
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/21/2016 6:00:11 PM
Nice grooming tactic there...
 Ouija2025
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/21/2016 6:09:55 PM
Lordy I'd forgotten that BBE
I don't think the number is as important as if they respected who they were with
I dislike when ppl slag EXs, like really, you were the one doing them
I just say I am with you now. Case closed
Altho I bet my first BF pines for me LOL
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2016 6:26:09 PM
BB wrote:

My objection to "just speech" is that the guy was bragging about sexually assaulting women - the same guy who has THIRTEEN women now making allegations against him, some of which were children. My objection is this country is so damn retarded you need a football sized team of women going back DECADES with allegations before anyone will even consider its possible some dude is a pig, and even then, people make excuses for the crap, deny - 0r reward the pig with the highest office in the land, where he appoints other pigs who want to pass law reducing women to incubators.
I don't deny Trump is a pig. My point is...I just don't know what to do about it. Other than not vote for him, or overall cultural pressure. Cultural pressure which, generally is happening slowly in my view. I think there were more Trumps out there in the world of powerful men back a few decades ago....not to mention back when everything you did and said didn't have a chance of being recorded and broadcast globally at the click of a mouse.

You've said elsewhere that you're an immigrant....are there no men pigs like this where you came from? So is that country not "so damn retarded?" If not, what's the difference between there and the U.S.?

Look at Cosby, Epstein, Clinton, Kennedy - on and on the rich pigs get away with their crap because honestly: most people are a-okay with chauvinists, they don't regard women as actually people and so what's the big deal if a dude abuses women? Those feminist b*tches should just shut their whiney mouthes and take their dehumanization like good little slaves - that's the sentiment in this country...
I think you're extrapolating the "a-okay" with rich, powerful chauvinists to a more broad, everyday "a-okay" with chauvinistic behaviour. I do believe it's permitted more with powerful people (mainly men) just because...well...they're powerful and can destroy those who try to oppose or expose them. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

But I do agree that the pattern is....women...as well as kids (Sandusky), and animals (Vick) are more vulnerable than men, for the most part....and men are almost always the aggressors in these cases. So your point is taken there. But one (not you specifically, but in general ) can't allow this to color one's worldview so much that they're afraid to live life. It reminds me of those heartbreaking cases of abused dogs who want to spend their days slinked with their nose in a corner.

You keep bringing up whites and racists.......The fact that black people can go out there and function in every day society, even in the South, and be as successful as they are....and be as accepting as they are that they must deal with white people every day...gives everyone a good example to follow. Ya can't lose faith in the human condition and that in general, people are good. Otherwise, it's a terrible way to live life in my view.

And if I may...ask....you're an immigrant, how long have you been here? You don't need to answer that if you don't want. But I wonder if you were here in the U.S. back decades ago, just as a reference as to how far women and minorities have come in the U.S.

As I said before: screaming "not all men" is just like screaming "not all whites" - its a "give me my cookie, pretend *I* am special". Because the reality is ENOUGH men are like this that its a long standing social phenomena, and if someone REALLY gave a crap about that their objection would not be "not all men" but rather: men who do this are turds and should be admonished.
I really don't get the "Not all ***" argument....I really don't. I think I'll give up trying to debate that as it appears I have already misunderstood someone else's argument. Maybe it's my "clueless white guy" gene.
 halforhalfnot
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/21/2016 6:53:52 PM
She never said she was an immigrant; she said she was the child of immigrants.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/21/2016 9:14:55 PM
hey OP? I more want to comment on your upstairs story that needs a comment...

when you have s person mandhandle you bite you and leave bruises? And not take no for an answer before you even go upstairs? do NOT excuse it as an aberration because they are drunk.

trust me when I say someone does that once? it will happen again. guaranteed.

If that is not to your comfort zone?

run. doesn't matter what date you are on.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:11:44 PM

As I said before: screaming "not all men" is just like screaming "not all whites"

Or "not all kids" or "not all teens" or "not all women", etc. So? It's not a "Give me my cookie" -- has nothing to do with anything like that. It's a correction to something else one's parading. If someone said "All whites are racist," one would be Corrected that said statement is False. If someone said "All teens are bisexual," again, same thing. You can't say "All" when it's not All or virtually All. You can't say that when it's instead "Too many". You can make the argument that "Too Many" doesn't have enough 'power' to it, and people won't take it as seriously and it won't make as much an impact... and there's truth to that. But you're opening the door what social conservatives go by: You can say something exaggerated -- ie False -- for the sake of something Better for society in return. But that diminishes credibility and integrity to one's cause.

Again, one saying "not all men" is in response to one Erroneously saying "all men" when that's not the case or even virtually the case. It's a correction to something else being promoted, not an independent promotion. BIG difference.

I do believe it's permitted more with powerful people (mainly men) just because...well...they're powerful and can destroy those who try to oppose or expose them. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.

Good point, but I would say it's not so much permitted, but it's more Able with powerful people, due to the power they hold to push people back who oppose them. But yeah, it's a nature of reality that will always be there. It's always going to be a facet of reality. The best one can do is bring awareness to folks that that IS the case, so they don't try and fight powerful people on something as if it was a (power) equal, and thus have a Yuge chance of face-planting... but to instead tackle it differently for greater potential to win on some level that wouldn't otherwise be won to any degree.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/22/2016 8:15:32 AM
"just as a reference as to how far women and minorities have come in the U.S."

Geez, glad you are so satisfied. I think it has taken forever and still we have taken regressive steps, like recently or with Bush, who derailed us for 8 years.

An even playing field with women and minorities is still a loathed step down, and an abomination for some whites and men. Would they ever admit it ? No. According to their privilege, race and gender are "non-issues". "Why do you people keep bring up non -issues", whilst they benefit from being in their special category that they do not acknowledge. They will deny it up and down.

They still feel a need to be dominant and above the people of color and women. Equality really chaps them, as it's a step down from their sense of special entitlement and elitism. Power is very hard to relinquish.

The election was all about this. It was not on the issues. We have a bigot getting on the job training now. He will be a puppet for the alt right. It just seems things are degenerating grotesquely every minute.

We still cannot elect a president who is female. That is still threatening. Right wingers who despise her, claim it's because of her record (though Trump's doesn't faze them at all) but I think a "brassy, outspoken" woman really angers them. I never found her particularly so. But we see that everywhere, or I have where if a woman is not "feminine"(deferential) enough or tries to seize power, they are resisted with a lot of force. I am more than tired of having men decide reproductive rights, healthcare, along with more general policies affecting half the population. So called progress? If it takes my whole lifetime? If it happens at all? Not satisfied here.

Obama was a huge step, and I'm still amazed that happened. He could haven done so much, had he not been blocked at every turn, but he was a one of a kind to have broken through. He made it look so easy.

So now here we are again. Backwards moving, regressing, needing to fight for things we had and possibly losing, whilst everybody working class and middle class moves backwards. We are fighting amongst ourselves for the scraps. I am bored with the whole thing and want to check out. Similar feeling during Bush. We are helpless despite all we do, and get cynical. I'm not a happy slave and never was. But then, we have folks like you who say "look how far women and minorities have come". That is really telling and patronizing, despite your intentions. Thanks for letting us have a few things.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/25/2016 7:56:24 AM
Ya gotta give her credit for finding an excellent reason to showcase one mighty fine derriere !
 gtomustang
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/25/2016 3:04:17 PM
wait....who? I missed it again.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/25/2016 5:52:28 PM
I cannot make hide nor hair of what you people are talking about. I don't mean to be an alarmist, but I think you've all come unhinged.

* Mind you, I only read the short posts.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/25/2016 6:06:53 PM
Like those pictures you keep accepting?
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/25/2016 6:40:58 PM
I can't help it, I'm a very visual person.
 ohenryx
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2016 12:11:41 PM

Butterchickenchuck
Ya gotta give her credit for finding an excellent reason to showcase one mighty fine derriere !

gtomustang
wait....who? I missed it again.

I have to admit, that one threw me for a minute. You have to go back to the original post, GTO. The original poster still has her profile up (surprising in and of itself). And in picture number 3, her derriere is featured prominently. Hell, the caption on the photo is “nothing like fixing a wedgie at the beach. Haha :)”

And I have to agree with Chuck, it is indeed “one mighty fine derriere!” Go check it out, and see if you don’t agree.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/26/2016 1:32:57 PM
^^^^^

I should have clarified I was referring to the OP, my bad.

"And I have to agree with Chuck, it is indeed “one mighty fine derriere!” Go check it out, and see if you don’t agree."

Anyone who disagrees either has to visit an optometrist or should hand in their " assman " membership card IMMEDIATELY
 gtomustang
Msg: 193
Posted: 11/26/2016 8:53:05 PM
As Radar once said,....ahhh, Bach.

I will confess, when I recognized her in this new post, it wasn't her fandango I remembered. But for the record, yes, its nice to see a lass without pencil legs. I realize other men like model skinny women, but I prefer some curvature. I'm not much of a fan of the skinny jean look, but denim really seems to make a curved bum look great. Perhaps its the twin pockets making their outline that attracts the eye to a bubble butt.

(I happened to spot a lass a few hours ago with a heart shaped caboose in jeans that brought this to mind. As Travolta said in the move Face Off, hate to see you go, but love to watch you leave.)

and for the ladies, no, we don't talk about your body parts like this. We're just like you, we abcess for hours on personality, too. :) maybe its b/c we like to put our arm around your hip and pull you in closer.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/26/2016 10:01:01 PM
GTO...you may have heard of a movie called " Magic Mike "....it's not based on personality...and it's quite popular....so, I don't think you need to feel self conscious about talking about body parts...at all
 Ed Bear
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:46:57 AM
Butterchickenchuck: Your Axe collection would make me wonder why you just didn't test-sniff the various fragrances in the store.

Aintnodeal: "AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN" really disgusted me. Here were a couple of cynical women looking to "trap" a Naval Officer, and we're supposed to be happy when it works? Both guys were idiots and born victims. The film was propaganda for accepting stereotypes of marriage as the only correct life to live, like all those stories about how horrible marriage (or childbearing) is that end with the protagonist falling into what they knew was a dungeon. ("Keep the Aspidistra Flying" comes to mind...)

Everyone has the right to seek what they want. I find nothing wrong with wanting to share sex, not have it sold to me by someone who doesn't want or like it - a recipe for having to pay, pay and pay for grudging, loveless sex for a long, miserable time. I don't put any time limits on dating leading to skin contact, but I am very happy to have close female friends, most of whom would not consider me as a lover. One doesn't expect to have to give anything for friendship other than friendship, and I feel the same way about cuddling, kissing, making out and sex. And about helping a buddy with mechanical repairs and fix-it projects. :)
ED BEAR
 Ed Bear
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2016 6:49:23 AM
One more thought: I knew a man who dated widely and often. His mantra was to get the passion and steamy stuff going quickly. He figured that getting to know someone was just giving time for negative things to be noticed that might be ignored by someone already committed and hormonally craving. :)
ED BEAR
 prime ribb
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/28/2016 7:32:44 AM
ED Bear,

Sounds like he had a good mantra! How effective was it?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:57:56 AM
I wrote:

"just as a reference as to how far women and minorities have come in the U.S."

loveis wrote:

Geez, glad you are so satisfied. I think it has taken forever and still we have taken regressive steps, like recently or with Bush, who derailed us for 8 years.

Yep, I'm satisfied with the progress, though not that I see it as the endgame that we, as a culture, should be satisfied with. You should be satisfied with the progress, and keep fighting. It's a continnuum that will run in fits and starts. Just so happens, we're in a rough patch right now.

We are helpless despite all we do, and get cynical. I'm not a happy slave and never was. But then, we have folks like you who say "look how far women and minorities have come". That is really telling and patronizing, despite your intentions. Thanks for letting us have a few things.

See my above comment. And as for using the term "slave," well, come on. There's nothing out there remotely like that. And I will stand by my comment, because it is true...women and minorities HAVE come very far.....however, in saying that, I don't suggest that the fighting should stop because women/minorities should be satisfied with what we have now. Also what I generally am suggesting is one should not stop living life if one doesn't see the pace of change moving as quickly as one would like. That would be called quitting.

And as always, I will say that my opinions are possibly tinted with the "clueless white guy" colored glasses.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2016 8:59:27 AM

One more thought: I knew a man who dated widely and often. His mantra was to get the passion and steamy stuff going quickly. He figured that getting to know someone was just giving time for negative things to be noticed that might be ignored by someone already committed and hormonally craving. :)
ED BEAR

I wouldn't recommend this approach. I guess it depends on what "quickly" is. 3 dates being the average.....I assume your friend's "quickly" was to go all out on the first date. Most of my past relationships started this way...not that I was that aggressive about it, but alcohol was almost always involved, lol, and sex was always the first priority, vs. assessing compatibility/LT attraction......For someone who is looking for a serious LTR/eventual marriage, I wouldn't recommend it, though. It's a recipe for a serial monogamist or bed hopper. You can waste a lot of your prime dating years doing this, because it IS fun......and end up....with nothing....
 2ufo2
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/29/2016 10:33:29 AM
^^^
You do end up with memories, a reputation, and, possibly, a few visits to a clinic.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is no sex after 3 dates a deal breaker?