Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning to the Ladies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carolann0308
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Warning to the LadiesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
How did he con you?
Your profile claims you are a dominant female not looking for anything serious. So how did some smooth talker pretending to be looking for marriage suck in an Alpha like you? Could it be he was as full of sh1t as you are????
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 27
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/4/2016 1:41:17 PM

Shakespeare plays just do not cut it as "bad" interests.

treachery, murder, revenge, forbidden love, trickery.....
surprising really considering he knew a thing or two about the 'bad' side

Perhaps I should add alligator wrestling and cliff diving.

remember........only if its true

And get a "Highway to Hell" tattoo.

to complement your massive inbox?

OT seems a shame we cant get the user review we get when looking at something as simple as what toilet paper to buy :)
god forbid I EVER had to read mine.
 ndm147
Msg: 28
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/4/2016 2:02:43 PM
The original poster said on her profile that " she is an alpha female, who is seeking a gentleman who will eagerly and willingly serve me and also aim to please."

Lets translate this : she is female dom looking for a male sub.............
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 29
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/4/2016 5:43:09 PM

He WAS a tease as in leading a girl on in a sensual way and not putting out. Men can be just as much a tease as women. But I could tell he "wanted it" by his facial expression. He just rather get me worked up instead. Never in my life had a guy like this.

Men deal with such situations on a regular basis. Worse, the man often spends money on her based on expected future you-know-what. You experience one guy being a tease in your entire life, and you get your panties in a bunch, ranting about him in your profile and creating this "name and shame" thread. So much for being strong! Creating this thread is what a wimpette does.
 sticchic
Msg: 30
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/4/2016 6:17:03 PM
Someone played the "alpha-dominant" woman and now she has an issue?! More likely an insecure girl with DADDY issues. Do you even know who's your daddy? Didn't even met him, huh? Didn't grow up with him? Your mummy kept him away and now you spend your life trying to emulate her because you think that will bring you happiness?

Sad, sad, sad... Bachelor's degree in nothing!
 hemingway234
Msg: 31
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/5/2016 8:00:55 AM
I'm sure millions of women are at risk from this one man and need to be warned.

Another scorned woman. Please, give it a rest. Get over it and move on.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/5/2016 7:38:09 PM

He "pretends" to want marriage but all he wants is sex.

He WAS a tease as in leading a girl on in a sensual way and not putting out.

you're no alpha. part of being an alpha is having confidence in your truth, but you had none, so you tried to make your case with a lie.
 cooldog65
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/6/2016 1:37:07 AM
Op...You want to act like a man, you'll get treated like a man. Welcome to our world. One time and you fold like a house of cards.

Would you rather be teased or have him hit it and quit it?

Another angry feminazi.
 ryuoki
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/6/2016 6:02:19 AM

I don't care about putting anyone on blast or humiliate them if they wrong me. He full well deserved it. We women must take a stand and not allow such injustice from men. I mean don't they be jerks all the time? Why don't we just turn the tables if you will and show them that we are NOT the weaker sex? And besides, if he didn't like me, he didn't have to ask me out. After all, he messaged me first. I wasn't even talking to no one here for months despite my inbox getting messages.

Not all men are jerks, and definitely not all the time. Just like not all women are only after a mans wallet, or c$%k or baby batter. But there are women who are after these things and use any means necessary to get them, and have for thousands of years. So why turn tables? Sounds to me like the table has already been turned.

Neither sex is stronger or weaker. In fact we are both stronger together. Too bad that isn't actually understood.

Anything can be said in a profile, so him "liking you" was most likely what you previously stated in your profile. He wouldn't know if he "liked" you till you two actually met. Apparently he didn't like you for what ever reason. As a man I am used to this sort of rejection. But hey, at least you actually got to meet him. Something we as males don't get the luxury of 101% of the time. Just because you didn't get the memo of WHY doesn't mean you deserve to know WHY. Welcome to equality.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/7/2016 11:41:23 AM
"He WAS a tease as in leading a girl on in a sensual way and not putting out."

Perhaps it was your hygiene or your attitude. Does it not occur to you that it maybe YOU and not him that has a problem? You're pathetic rant here speaks volumes. Get a life.
 maybeebaybee1
Msg: 38
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/30/2016 12:18:27 PM
It became apparent to me after being on here for a couple of months that men had figured out they better say they're looking for a relationship or the women won't talk to them. There are an above-average number of men on here just looking for sex but you could never tell by looking at their profiles. It's like they read a cheap romance novel lol
 Walts
Msg: 39
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/30/2016 12:35:47 PM

It became apparent to me after being on here for a couple of months that men had figured out they better say they're looking for a relationship or the women won't talk to them. There are an above-average number of men on here just looking for sex but you could never tell by looking at their profiles. It's like they read a cheap romance novel lol

Of course, if you look at our "options" that POF has given us, what else would you think any sane person would put down?

casual dating/no commitment
dating but nothing serious
Serious about looking for someone
Serious about looking to marry

????????

Go ahead, and I remind you to think sanity here.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 40
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/30/2016 12:42:35 PM
Yes POF needs more options or the ability to fill in our own.
You know
wants to collect souls
will take you out twice then announce I'm moving in to live on your Sofa
semi serious until a squirrel goes by
kinda sorta looking ( for when I get released)
looking for my soul mate ( gag) who is also rich smart and not insane
or just do the whole Joker thing - nutty as a fruitcake
 Walts
Msg: 41
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 11/30/2016 12:55:42 PM

looking for my soul mate ( gag) who is also rich smart and not insane

How about we just stick with the important stuff?

"looking for a rich biatch. Stupid not always required but, just when I'm feeding ya bullshiat"
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 42
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/1/2016 8:35:27 PM
so I am confused... we're we ladies warned the member in question only wanted sex or that he only wanted but wouldn't put out? she needed a background check to see that he was a tease?

so are people with bulging mailboxes only wanting sex or are they teases? do they need a background check too?

i guess I should put out a warning too... I do background checks on whether people claiming bulging mailboxes are full of mail or if they are teasing with innocent pop wrap and popcorn..
 SnuggleByU
Msg: 43
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/2/2016 4:25:42 PM
Make sure to report any bad ones and if it is too good to be true then it probably is.
My con artist story.... He offered to buy me expensive gifts, travel, and said he is very rich and would take good care of me.... and then he asked me to buy him a coffee pot. Unreal!
 Ouija2025
Msg: 44
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/2/2016 5:01:13 PM
He should have asked for a Tassimo. But all joking aside I detest people who prey upon the folks looking for love. Not even good grifters yet they succeed in the scamming. Because ppl listen to their hearts.
Buggers
 72Hotchick72
Msg: 45
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/4/2016 12:06:15 PM
Wow this bad, because there are seriously people on POF that others need to be warned about for safety reasons but we aren't allowed to. Warning for your reason is kind of stupid. Just my opinion.
 Maleman999
Msg: 46
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/5/2016 9:29:07 AM
^^^"there are seriously people on POF that others need to be warned about for safety reasons"

Maybe you should stop agreeing to meet a stranger in a back alley or an abandoned building in the middle of the night, and not meet at either one's residence. Dating is not an excuse to get rid of logic and common sense.

Maybe there should a warning put out for people like women who go on dates just for a free meal, gold diggers, people who looking for instant marriage and consider the first date as going steady-where getting to know someone before getting serious is too troublesome, etc. There can be countless warnings for any perceived character flaw.
 moonbeamlover1
Msg: 47
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/5/2016 10:22:04 AM
I don't get that. are there seriously people that want that for real. so many people have this expectation that they are going to have all these expectations to fend off and are in self protective mode before the date starts to make sure it is friends first before exclusive... though supposedly they assume it will get there eventually.. ( and ironically they don't want me seeing or talking to anyone else) when I am trying to decide if I want to go out with them at all. are there so many irresistible guys that get attacked and lassoed the first date? or are you guys maybe a little arrogant in your assumption for perceived expectations when we are nowhere near where you are trying to plug us? I watched a conversation at a restaurant on my trip between a guy and a woman and I could hear what they were saying and I could see how each was taking it. the woman was being clear concise friendly and perfectly normal and the guy was getting visibly stressed At what he took as her I guess wanting something from him that she wasn't saying literally but he inferred. she wasn't but he kept looking for an agenda or a hidden message and she could not have been clearer. or less agenda Izing. it was funny but it was sad. they could have had a great conversation and gotten closer but he was so afraid of what she might have been wanting from him he couldn't see or hear her at all. all he saw and heard were his own fearful projections
 72Hotchick72
Msg: 48
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/5/2016 11:14:38 AM
Bitter much? Who said anything about meeting a stranger in a back alley or abandoned building in the middle of the night? I sure didn't and I wouldn't be stupid enough. So maybe you should stop making assumptions, and stop being a troll.
 Vannili
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/5/2016 7:56:24 PM
Message 1 :

Thanks but no thanks for your warning, Why would I check his background, if it is already written on his face for me to read. I have no problem if he pretend to want to marry me , to have SEX, for I am a no fuzz woman , No money, No Honey.. No Marry , No SEX ...
 Charmedlife1
Msg: 50
Warning to the Ladies
Posted: 12/17/2016 3:22:13 PM
There should be a forum we can post about the bad ones, I'm sure I'd be listed as "crazy" - always the go to when THEY screw you over - oh she was the crazy ex, no douche she was crazy for ever dating you 😂
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Warning to the Ladies